Thread: Expanded background check referendum passes in WA

Expanded background check referendum passes in WA

I sure hope that 'shooting' at the school right before the election didn't affect the vote outcome

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6103282.html

Bloomberg outspent the NRA 10-1.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-05-2014 at 02:33 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I sure hope that 'shooting' at the school right before the election didn't affect the vote outcome

The Democrats also pointed out that according to eit polls, this was a successful tool for getting their voters to the polls, which is always a problem for them in off year elections. There will be a lot more of these on a lot more ballots in 4 more years for that reason alone.

Bad news
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

People in the comments over there are saying this potentially makes it a felony to touch a gun you have not bought yet. Yikes!

• Neal Reau · Top CommenterNice to see Washingtonians willing to vote their neighbor into jail with a class C felony. Or maybe Washingtonians don't read what they are voting for.
      Reply · · 17 · 10 hours ago
      • Andrew Stephenson · Top Commenter · Seattle, WashingtonMaybe you haven't....
        Reply · · 9 · 9 hours ago

• Craig Hollandsworth · Top Commenter · Works at Legacy Photography StudioAndrew Stephenson Really? Because the law specifically makes touching a gun you don't own a crime by redefining "transfer" or "possession" to mere physical contact in a great many common and previously-legal situations.
        Reply · · 10 · 8 hours ago

• Jacob Weber · Top CommenterThose who warned about 594 were correct. This makes criminals out of anyone who might even touch a gun at a gun show, or at a gun range who is not a "family member".
        Reply · · 8 · 8 hours ago

It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Bummer.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

I didn't see very much pro gun ads, and most of them didn't even address 594. Most of the gun control ads just used emotional arguments instead of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by RPfan1992 View Post
    I didn't see very much pro gun ads, and most of them didn't even address 594. Most of the gun control ads just used emotional arguments instead of logic.
    So I guess the NRA kept most of its money and stayed home, as per usual. I bet they waste 10s of millions per year, stuffing their own pockets. They could have outspent Bloomberg 10 to 1 without batting an eye.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

i'm from Washington State....trust me...this isn't a done deal...The State Senate was just taken over by repubs...plus, this will end up in court....

this was a 'feel good' initiative....i predict nothing will change in regards to any 'extra' BGC...We already have Federal BGC, so this BS is just that...'feels good'...yay...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So I guess the NRA kept most of its money and stayed home, as per usual. I bet they waste 10s of millions per year, stuffing their own pockets. They could have outspent Bloomberg 10 to 1 without batting an eye.
    my understanding is that the NRA put their money into Senate races...good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    my understanding is that the NRA put their money into Senate races...good strategy.
    My understanding is that the NRA is controlled opposition.

They have passed (pushed) some of the worst gun control on the books.

Last edited by pcosmar; 11-05-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The Democrats also pointed out that according to eit polls, this was a successful tool for getting their voters to the polls, which is always a problem for them in off year elections. There will be a lot more of these on a lot more ballots in 4 more years for that reason alone.
    If that's the case then look for more mass shootings to occur in those states right before the vote.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i'm from Washington State....trust me...this isn't a done deal...The State Senate was just taken over by repubs...plus, this will end up in court....

this was a 'feel good' initiative....i predict nothing will change in regards to any 'extra' BGC...We already have Federal BGC, so this BS is just that...'feels good'...yay...
    I hope you prove correct, but do not be too surprised if you are not. WA is a horrid state in political terms. Seattle and environs is a den of liberal vipers - some of the worst in the land. The rest of the state is ultra conservative, but the progressives have the numbers. I lived in Seattle and Vancouver and you could not imagine two more different worlds. The same can be said for OR with similar dens in PDX, Eugene, and so forth while the rest of the state is actually very conservative (e.g. Tillamook). I will say, however, that on the whole OR has a broader distribution of liberal rot than WA... lots of little pockets in places like Pacific City. I don't know how the two can live together without killing each other because they really do dislike one another quite noticeably.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.