Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort Lauderdale Police Arrest 90-Year-Old Man For Feeding Homeless People

Fort Lauderdale Police Arrest 90-Year-Old Man For Feeding Homeless People

Six police officers recently arrested members of Love Thy Neighbor, a group that feeds homeless people every Sunday at a public park in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. One of those arrested on Sunday was Love Thy Neighbor's 90-year-old founder, Arnold Abbott, who has been feeding the homeless for decades.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    another example of just how HEROIC they are...btw these days evil = "heroic"
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Christian ethics v police... again...

It is now illegal to not be dependent on the government.

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

I don't see why you always gripe about the police for stuff like this, it gets started by people complaining to the city council, and the city council voting on it :

Cal Deal, Supporter of Fort Lauderdale's "Anti-Homeless" Laws, Follows and Films Homeless People

Around 5:30 on a recent morning, Fort Lauderdale resident Cal Deal grabbed his camera, roamed the Poinciana Park neighborhood, and recorded a man washing his backside with a garden hose.

In that video, which Deal sent to Mayor Jack Seiler and several other city officials, the homeless man rummages through trash, wanders around the neighborhood while talking to himself, and drops his pants to cleanse his rear end.

This, Deal says, is why the city's controversial "anti-homeless" laws, including the ordinance that will criminalize public feedings without portable toilets, are needed.

"The people feeding them are enablers, and they enable the homeless by making their lives easier," Deal tells New Times. "Hunger is a big motivator. Are people more likely to seek help when they're hungry or when they're fed and happy?"

Deal has been working hard to get the word out about how the homeless affect the quality of life in Fort Lauderdale. He has taken videos of homeless people being homeless before. And along with this video, the 65-year-old former journalist sent out several pictures of "Crazy Eyes" (Deal gave him that name after seeing him up-close one day) allegedly urinating on a fence and a few more of him walking around, with details about the man's movements. He even gives details about the homeless man's whereabouts:

At 4 a.m. today, Crazy Eyes was back. He walked by my house, which is directly across the street from where he was evicted by police yesterday evening. He was talking to himself, as usual.

At 5 a.m. today, he appeared to be urinating on the side of the First Christian Church. Literally ON the building!
    http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu...ith_camera.php

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu...kdown_laws.php
    Last edited by CPUd; 11-04-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I don't see why you always gripe about the police for stuff like this, it gets started by people complaining to the city council, and the city council voting on it :
    So you mean to tell me a bunch of busy bodies go to an elected-by-the-few group of petty legislators and lobby for "laws" to be established and then said laws are enforced by a bigger group of counterproductive tapeworms whose crimes can only be surmised by the apologist as nothing more than a "just following orders" sort of plight?

Well gee, thank you for clearing up the confusion. I haven't a clue why it annoys me so.

It's a public park right? Or does one have to perform a civic duty to enjoy the land squandered by a previous generation of bed bugs?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

You know it's funny too (in that sad, depressing sort of hilarity) that I knew when making this thread that someone would pop out from the woodwork to defend the actions of said pigs.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    So you mean to tell me a bunch of busy bodies go to an elected-by-the-few group of petty legislators and lobby for "laws" to be established and then said laws are enforced by a bigger group of counterproductive tapeworms whose crimes can only be surmised by the apologist as nothing more than a "just following orders" sort of plight?

Well gee, thank you for clearing up the confusion. I haven't a clue why it annoys me so.

It's a public park right? Or does one have to perform a civic duty to enjoy the land squandered by a previous generation of bed bugs?
    If the ordinance didn't exist, there would be no interference by the police, as evidenced by Abbott's claims that he has been doing this for decades.

If the ordinance didn't exist, there would be no interference by the police, as evidenced by Abbott's claims that he has been doing this for decades.
    Well, goddamn! You are one convincing SOB!

If the ordinances didn't exist, the police wouldn't involve themselves in thieving thuggery! You know, I've never heard it explained quite so succinctly. They're just following orders! How and the hell didn't I consider that one? Because surely if I did, I'd be convinced of the morality and justification of their actions.

Legal positivism annoys me about as much as collectivism. Your argument is so full of fail I wouldn't (short of downright mockery) know where to begin.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 11-04-2014 at 07:20 PM.

If the ordinances didn't exist, the police wouldn't involve themselves in thieving thuggery! You know, I've never heard it explained quite so succinctly. They're just following orders! How and the hell didn't I consider that one? Because surely if I did, I'd be convinced of the morality and justification of their actions.

Legal positivism annoys me about as much as collectivism. Your argument is so full of fail I wouldn't (short of downright mockery) know where to begin.
    Legal positivism IS collectivism. It assumes that morality is determined by collective.

If the ordinances didn't exist, the police wouldn't involve themselves in thieving thuggery? You know, I've never heard it explained quite so succinctly. They're just following orders! How and the hell didn't I consider that one? Because surely if I did, I'd be convinced of the morality and justification of their actions.

The police are not governed by morality, and I don't believe people should expect them to. The cops are not going to go down there and tell the guy he is going to be arrested, and have the preacher explain to them he is trying to do good, and the cops say "OK, carry on then". In Ft. Lauderdale, there exists an influential group of residents who would prefer that the homeless (and drunk college kids) go somewhere else.

If there were no Police the General public would ignore these thousands of stupid ordinances.

It is the only reason Police exist,, To Enforce Control,, where common folks will not.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

If the occupation didn't exist I think we'd be doubly well off...

In most states everyone is well within their legal rights to perform citizen's arrests for seat belt violations... yet nobody does.

Quote Originally Posted by pocsmar
    If there were no Police the General public would ignore these thousands of stupid ordinances.

It is the only reason Police exist,, To Enforce Control,, where common folks will not.
    bingo

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

In Ft. Lauderdale, there exists an influential group of residents who would prefer that the homeless (and drunk college kids) go somewhere else.
    In Ft. Lauderdale (and elsewhere) there is a small and financially powerful groups of people that could care less what the residents think or want.

Elitists,, who control the laws and the police. They are Authoritarians. (and they are often not "residents",, though a few may be)

And they are very certainly not a majority.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Legal positivism IS collectivism. It assumes that morality is determined by collective.
    True enough.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The police are not governed by morality, and I don't believe people should expect them to. The cops are not going to go down there and tell the guy he is going to be arrested, and have the preacher explain to them he is trying to do good, and the cops say "OK, carry on then". In Ft. Lauderdale, there exists an influential group of residents who would prefer that the homeless (and drunk college kids) go somewhere else.
    I don't expect them to. I am aware that a job in which the description is holding the ability to ultimately ruin lives would attract sociopaths and the power hungry (as well as the weak who couldn't handle a day doing productive labor). Hence my bringing awareness to the issue.

I guess where our opinions differ is that I believe that rather than accepting the paychecks (which are financed from the sweat and struggle of others), they could and even should simply say, "Nope, I have a conscience. I'd rather lay cement than be a part of this evil."

I don't expect them to. I am aware that a job in which the description is holding the ability to ultimately ruin lives would attract sociopaths and the power hungry (as well as the weak who couldn't handle a day doing productive labor). Hence my bringing awareness to the issue.

I guess where our opinions differ is that I believe that rather than accepting the paychecks (which are financed from the sweat and struggle of others), they could and even should simply say, "Nope, I have a conscience. I'd rather lay cement than be a part of this evil."
    This.

There are many that do. What we see are the ones who are left.

That will make things easier when the time comes.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I would doubt your claim of "many" absent you referring to this very short list: Regina Tasca, Frank Serpico, and Justin Hanners. While a few others have testified against fellow cops, or have resigned, the overwhelmingly overwhelming majority continue employment ignoring flagrant abuses of rights and continuing in the flagrant violation of rights. Mostly those that do speak out do so behind a distorted voice and a blackened image. Certainly not a one has spoke out with regards to any publicized case absent offering support for the officer in the way of wristbands, trial support, media support, etc.

The ones who are left are the ones who joined (i.e, the sociopaths and the unable to be productive).

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but let's be perfectly clear, the evidence is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That will make things easier when the time comes.
    When the time comes for what?

I would doubt your claim of "many" absent you referring to this very short list: Regina Tasca, Frank Serpico, and Justin Hanners. While a few others have testified against fellow cops, or have resigned, the overwhelmingly overwhelming majority continue employment ignoring flagrant abuses of rights and continuing in the flagrant violation of rights. Mostly those that do speak out do so behind a distorted voice and a blackened image. Certainly not a one has spoke out with regards to any publicized case absent offering support for the officer in the way of wristbands, trial support, media support, etc.

The ones who are left are the ones who joined (i.e, the sociopaths and the unable to be productive).

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but let's be perfectly clear, the evidence is out there.
    I know one who is still in who has reported abuse in the past. Somehow he still got to the rank of captain.

I think there are a few decent people there who just don't understand the NAP, just like most people don't.

The police are not governed by morality

This part is true. The lame justifications for that fact, on the other hand...

When the time comes for what?
    History repeating.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I admit it was anecdotal.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu...ith_camera.php

Cal Deal, Supporter of Fort Lauderdale's "Anti-Homeless" Laws, Follows and Films Homeless People

Around 5:30 on a recent morning, Fort Lauderdale resident Cal Deal grabbed his camera, roamed the Poinciana Park neighborhood, and recorded a man washing his backside with a garden hose.

In that video, which Deal sent to Mayor Jack Seiler and several other city officials, the homeless man rummages through trash, wanders around the neighborhood while talking to himself, and drops his pants to cleanse his rear end.

This, Deal says, is why the city's controversial "anti-homeless" laws, including the ordinance that will criminalize public feedings without portable toilets, are needed.

"The people feeding them are enablers, and they enable the homeless by making their lives easier," Deal tells New Times. "Hunger is a big motivator. Are people more likely to seek help when they're hungry or when they're fed and happy?"

Deal has been working hard to get the word out about how the homeless affect the quality of life in Fort Lauderdale. He has taken videos of homeless people being homeless before. And along with this video, the 65-year-old former journalist sent out several pictures of "Crazy Eyes" (Deal gave him that name after seeing him up-close one day) allegedly urinating on a fence and a few more of him walking around, with details about the man's movements. He even gives details about the homeless man's whereabouts:

At 4 a.m. today, Crazy Eyes was back. He walked by my house, which is directly across the street from where he was evicted by police yesterday evening. He was talking to himself, as usual.

At 5 a.m. today, he appeared to be urinating on the side of the First Christian Church. Literally ON the building!

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu...kdown_laws.php

How about Mr. Deal stops recording and stalking homeless people, and gives them a $#@!ing sandwich and takes them to a homeless shelter. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    How about Mr. Deal stops recording and stalking homeless people, and gives them a $#@!ing sandwich and takes them to a homeless shelter. WTF.

Again instead of recording and stalking homeless people, complaining and making laws to starve them, how about working with the community? All the time and effort you put into stalking these $#@!ers, you could be guiding them toward a shelter.

This is one of the Miami Charities I do believe in. I send money every month. They bring people in, try to give them a safe environment and then try to help them develop some working skills, and ultimately with the hope they can survive and become independent.

http://www.miamirescuemission.com/

Yes there is a homeless problem in South Florida. I dunno if it being a warm weather climate makes it an easier spot for the homeless to live, or WHAT the cause is, or maybe because South Florida is a huge population so there's a bigger homeless population compared to other areas. But creating laws to prevent from feeding people is not the answer. That's just $#@!ed up. And some $#@!er that is motivated enough to spend the time and energy to wake up at 5am and stalk homeless people, should stop being an idiot and start spending that energy in a shelter and trying to help provide more aid. Not just record them and complain to the mayor. WTF kind of $#@! is that?!
    Last edited by Mani; 11-05-2014 at 12:11 AM.

It's the law, mother $#@!ers!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Is it public record what church (If any) Cal Deal attends?

It's not too late to whip out the bulldozers and go soylent green on the homeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast