Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Senate Election Results Thread

Gardner wins Colorado

GOP all but assured a majority

question is whether we know tonight or later

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Shem Kellogg projected win in NH (I know, not US Senate, but still):
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ficial-Results
    The only race I care about.

Strange- politico is showing Braley up 53-43, but I suspect the local coverage is more accurate/ has more current numbers.

wait what the hell...drudge says ernst won iowa senate, KTIV tv reports braley ahead...

http://whotv.com/2014/11/04/joni-ern...-in-us-senate/

side note: according to local news, one podunk polling station held up the results for an hour - by not showing up to work the polling site, and keeping the ballots at his house. they had to open the polling point late, so they had to keep open for another hour...$#@!ing iowa
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Gardner wins Colorado

GOP all but assured a majority

question is whether we know tonight or later
    How is Gardner?

I know Udall was at least good on the NSA - although probably terrible on most economic related issues and limiting the size of government. I don't know much about either. Is this a good pickup for us or is Gardner pure establishment and we lost an ally on civil liberties/NSA.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

Brown and Shaheen deadlocked, but some outlets calling it for Shaheen

Amash ahead Michigan 3rd,26.6% with 51% reporting.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NorfolkPCSolutions View Post
    wait what the hell...drudge says ernst won iowa senate, KTIV tv reports braley ahead...

http://whotv.com/2014/11/04/joni-ern...-in-us-senate/

side note: according to local news, one podunk polling station held up the results for an hour - by not showing up to work the polling site, and keeping the ballots at his house. they had to open the polling point late, so they had to keep open for another hour...$#@!ing iowa
    The TV is just reporting the raw results. Drudge is reporting the projection. You can be winning the vote total and still have the race called for your opponent if you are underperforming relative to what is expected. For example, the major population center of a state that normally votes D by 30 points is all tallied and the D is only winning by 15 points then it is safe to assume the D is going to get crushed.

“The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NC results still trickling in...

North Carolina Senate
    Reporting: 88.3%
    Updated: 10:45 PM ET
    R T. Tillis 49.1% 1,289,679
    D K. Hagan (i) 47.1% 1,235,927
    L S. Haugh 3.8% 98,448
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Dems are toast in NC but will hold VA

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Tillis won? Wow. Dems were really weak.

didn't think Virginia would be this close, judging from the polls on wikipedia.

The other Udall (NM) is up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I'm not seeing that yet. I'm expecting a runoff, which will probably give it to Tillis eventually, but I'm not seeing a win yet tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RPfan1992 View Post
    didn't think Virginia would be this close, judging from the polls on wikipedia.
    It shouldn't have been within 20 points. The Obama Effect is devastating to the Democratic Party, it's absolutely killing them. And if you think it's bad now, wait until "executive amnesty" comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    I'm not seeing that yet. I'm expecting a runoff, which will probably give it to Tillis eventually, but I'm not seeing a win yet tonight.
    dont think NC had a run off in general but i dunno

in the primary it was only 40%

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    A couple of Tillis' late ads really messed Hagan up. The ads about her husband getting stimulus money and an ad showing Hagan criticizing Elizabeth Dole for "doing nothing but voting along with the President" (GWB) put him over the top. The libertarian candidate is doing historically well but probably didn't swing the election.

No run-off in the general in NC.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-04-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    dont think NC had a run off in general but i dunno

in the primary it was only 40%
    ah ok thanks

Yeah, the numbers for Ernst are coming in. The larger outlets will probably start calling it for her now.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    A couple of Tillis' late ads really messed Hagan up. The ads about her husband getting stimulus money and an ad showing Hagan criticizing Elizabeth Dole for "doing nothing but voting along with the President" (GWB) put him over the top. The libertarian candidate is doing historically well but probably didn't swing the election.

No run-off in the general in NC.
    Wasn't there a Fascist-Establishment GOP douchebag that took SE NC congressional seat?

PS: Waiting for Marxist media to say America turned racist on Tuesday
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Republicans win Senate

Possible recount in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by ord33 View Post
    How is Gardner?

I know Udall was at least good on the NSA - although probably terrible on most economic related issues and limiting the size of government. I don't know much about either. Is this a good pickup for us or is Gardner pure establishment and we lost an ally on civil liberties/NSA.
    Yeah, this was my thought too. Udall was good on the NSA stuff, like Ron Wyden.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like my predictions were right on target. Angus King will flip to the new majority leaving Democrats in control of 45 seats (44 if NH also flips, 43 if they somehow manage to lose NM or VA).

Team Red keeps the House. Team RED wins the Senate. Team Blue loses the Senate. Overall summary for 2014 elections: America and the Constitution loses again...

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Team Red keeps the House. Team RED wins the Senate. Team Blue loses the Senate. Overall summary for 2014 elections: America and the Constitution loses again...
    Yeah, it doesn't really seem like a victory, but there will be a shift in rhetoric.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast