Thread: 99% Vaccinated Involved in Navy Flu Outbreak

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is not a single type of flu but hundreds. Each year a different one is more dominant. If you were exposed to last year's strain of flu, you will be immune against it but you won't have immunity against versions you haven't been exposed to- whether by vaccine or direct contact. The flu vaccine is based mostly on what were the dominant strains from the last few seasons- it can't protect against unexpected strains for this year so getting the flu vaccine does not mean you cannot get the flu. Nor does it mean your vaccine "failed".

99% Vaccinated Involved in Navy Flu Outbreak

Influenza Outbreak in a Vaccinated Population — USS Ardent, February 2014

On February 10, 2014, the USS Ardent, a U.S. Navy minesweeper, was moored in San Diego, California, while conducting training. Over the course of 3 days, 25 of 102 crew members sought medical care because of influenza-like illness (ILI). Nasal swab specimens were collected from each patient, and initial rapid influenza testing indicated 16 cases of influenza A. Ultimately, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing conducted by the Naval Health Research Center determined that 20 specimens were influenza A, of which 18 were subtype H3N2. Two specimens could not be subtyped. The HA gene sequence of an outbreak isolate was 99% identical to strains circulating during the 2013–14 influenza season and antigenically similar to the H3N2 component of the 2013–14 influenza vaccine. At the time of the outbreak, 99% of the crew had received influenza vaccine. Through the duration of the outbreak, the minesweeper squadron medical officer collaborated with Navy Environmental and Preventive Medicine Unit Five, higher-level Navy authorities, and County of San Diego Public Health Services to implement the outbreak response, which included disseminating outbreak information to surrounding Navy units, disinfecting the ship, sending home infected crew members, identifying family members at high risk, and providing antiviral medications and guidance. No crew member had onset of symptoms >6 days after the first crew member became ill. This outbreak highlights the risk for an H3N2 influenza outbreak among vaccinated and otherwise healthy young persons.

ILI was defined as illness with two or more of the following symptoms: fever >100.4°F (>38.0°C), chills, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, headache, body aches, and nausea. Twenty crew members reported sick on February 10, one on February 11 and four more on February 12. Symptom onset dates were February 5–11 (Figure). All ILI patients were interviewed and examined aboard ship by both an independent duty corpsman (i.e., shipboard medical provider) and a physician. Two nasal swab specimens were taken from each ILI patient by staff members from the Naval Health Research Center. Nasal swab specimens and influenza A and B rapid influenza tests were used for immediate influenza testing. The remaining nasal swab specimens were screened by the Naval Health Research Center for influenza A and B using the CDC PCR assay (1), and DNA sequencing of the HA1 portion of the hemagglutinin gene was performed as previously described (2). Data on demographics and symptomatology were collected using questionnaires and personal interviews.

All 25 crew members with ILI symptoms were otherwise healthy men aged 21–44 years. ILI cases occurred in all ranks, departments, job types, and work shifts. The ship had been in port since being transported from Bahrain to San Diego 2 months before the outbreak. No sailors reported any recent travel. Rapid influenza testing indicated 16 cases of influenza A and nine negative results. Nasal swab specimens from 20 of the 25 ILI patients were positive by PCR for influenza A, with 18 specimens confirmed as A (H3) and two as A (untyped). Influenza A virus was isolated from seven of 11 nasal swab specimens selected for viral culture. These seven specimens had HA1 protein sequences that were identical to each other and differed from the 2013–14 influenza A (H3N2) A/Texas/50/2012 vaccine strain by 5 amino acid substitutions (N128A, R142G, N145S, P198S, and V347K). Sequence analysis (3) of the HA1 portion of the hemagglutinin gene showed 99% homology to typical H3N2 strains circulating in the United States and worldwide during the 2013–14 northern hemisphere influenza season and were found to be antigenically similar to A/Texas/50/2012 (4). Ninety-nine of 102 USS Ardent crew members, 24 of the 25 with ILI symptoms, and 17 of 18 crew members with confirmed influenza A (H3N2) infection had received the 2013–14 influenza vaccine ≥3 months before the outbreak. Vaccinations had been administered at local naval health clinics and at a vaccination fair conducted by Naval Medical Center San Diego. Of the 25 crew members with ILI symptoms, 16 were vaccinated via intradermal injection, eight via intranasal mist, and one had not received vaccination.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6342a3.htm
    Let's try to decipher this.

So it appears that the crew members had the A/Texas/50/2012 variant of H3N2 (with 5 amino acid substitutions due to genetic drift).

The vaccine contained the A/Victoria/361/2011 variant of H3N2.

Probably similar enough to give some resistance. On a very small ship, this indicates about 25% infection rate. So ~75% did not catch this flu, either due to previous exposure, or partial effectiveness of the vaccine.

Interestingly enough, this year's vaccine now contains the A/Texas/50/2012 (H3N2)-like virus, instead of the A/Victoria/361/2011 variant of H3N2. And that is also the only change to the composition of the vaccine from last year to this year.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-01-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

From another thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...push-Flu-shots)

Seems that this year's vaccine is almost identical to last year's, with a slight change to the H3N2 strain.

The 2013-2014 trivalent influenza vaccine was made from the following three viruses:

an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
    an A(H3N2) virus antigenically like the cell-propagated prototype virus A/Victoria/361/2011;
    a B/Massachusetts/2/2012-like virus.
    http://www.cdc.gov/flu/pastseasons/1314season.htm
    The WHO Vaccine Composition Meeting for the 2014-2015 season was held February 17 -19, 2014 at WHO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. On February 20, the Meeting recommended that trivalent vaccines for use in the Northern Hemisphere 2014-15 influenza season contain the following:

an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
    an A/Texas/50/2012 (H3N2)-like virus;
    a B/Massachusetts/2/2012-like virus.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/...-selection.htm
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There is not a single type of flu but hundreds. Each year a different one is more dominant. If you were exposed to last year's strain of flu, you will be immune against it but you won't have immunity against versions you haven't been exposed to- whether by vaccine or direct contact. The flu vaccine is based mostly on what were the dominant strains from the last few seasons- it can't protect against unexpected strains for this year so getting the flu vaccine does not mean you cannot get the flu. Nor does it mean your vaccine "failed".
    Being natural exposed to the flu is a whole lot different than being injected with the flu strain with a host of other ingredients into the bloodstream. The other one I find as just as dangerous is the FluMist.

Ask you doctor/pharmacist/nurse for the Flu vaccine package insert, you'll see what I am talking about. Also remember the injectable Flu vaccines still contains the thimerosal.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

If you are concerned you can request a flu vaccine without thimerosal. The mercury content is incredibly small and has a half life in you body of about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Being natural exposed to the flu is a whole lot different than being injected with the flu strain with a host of other ingredients into the bloodstream. The other one I find as just as dangerous is the FluMist.

Ask you doctor/pharmacist/nurse for the Flu vaccine package insert, you'll see what I am talking about. Also remember the injectable Flu vaccines still contains the thimerosal.

Show us a flu vaccine that is injected into the bloodstream.

Thimerosal

Thimerosal is a compound made up of approximately 50% mercury. Mercury is the second most poisonous element known to man (next to uranium and its derivatives.) When someone says, “MERCURY!” we immediately think of the news stories about the child at school who broke a thermometer in biology class and the HAZ-MAT team was called in and all the students were in peril. Did you know they make that big of a deal (meaning bringing in the HAZ-MAT crew) for less mercury than what is contained in 1 vaccine [http://www.epa.gov/mercury/spills/index.htm]? Thimerosal is used as a preservative in vaccines to help prevent bacteria growth in multi-use vaccines. It is also used in the creation process of a vaccine, and then through a purification process it is “removed” and only “trace” amounts are left. First, I urge you to read this article: Is There Thimerosal in the Flu Vaccine?

Next, let’s discuss what “trace amounts” means. (If you notice in the document above next to many of the “Thimerosal”‘s, there is an asterisk next to it. The asterisk notates that ” *Where “thimerosal” is marked with an asterisk (*) it indicates that the product should be considered equivalent to thimerosal-free products.”)

Before we move on, a little story — I was at the grocery store a little while ago looking at a large bag of “Stevia” — the new fad in no-calorie sweeteners. I was reading the back of the bag and I came to a little spot at the bottom that said “Each serving contains less than 2 calories which the FDA considers dietetically zero.” What?! That doesn’t even make sense! If something is said to be “calorie-free”, it should be calorie-free, right?? If something has calories in it, it has calories in it. You cannot place some carrots on the counter and tell me there are no carrots on the counter. A serving size of Stevia is 1tsp, so let’s assume that 1 tsp contains 1.9 calories. Remember, we have to assume because we DON’T ACTUALLY KNOW. It’s the FDA that says the calories in Stevia don’t exist, but just for the mere fact that there is this disclaimer on the bag lets us know that there are, in fact, carrots on the counter… er, I mean calories in the bag. But going back, we’re going to say there are 1.9 calories per serving. Using Stevia is “cup for cup.” In other words, you use the same amount of Stevia as you would regular sugar. So, I’m going to make some fantabulous “low-calorie” chocolate chip cookies with my “no-calorie” Stevia. I’m on a strict diet, so all I need to add up to find out how many calories are in my batch of cookies are all of my ingredients EXCEPT sugar, right? But wait… I’m adding 2 cups of Stevia into my batch of cookies. There are 48 teaspoons in a cup, which means I’m adding 96 teaspoons of Stevia — which also would equate to 182.4 EXTRA calories. There’s no argument that it has greatly reduced the number of calories in my batch of cookies versus using conventional sugar, but the fact remains: NO-CALORIE IS NOT NO-CALORIE.

So the fact that those vaccines containing thimerosal with an asterisk beside it virtually says the same thing and is extremely misleading. They should be “considered equivalent to thimerosal-free products” gives the illusion that there is no thimerosal in vaccines, or at least not enough to have to worry about. But remember, if I eat 8 batches of my cookies that are supposed to be low calorie because of my “calorie-free” Stevia, I’m actually consuming 1,459.2 calories that the FDA says aren’t really there. This can be applied to vaccines as well. Many “well-child” check-ups include up to 8 vaccines in one sitting.

So how much does “trace” mean? According to the CDC, it says less than or equal to 0.3mcg per dose. Sailhome.org does a nice job of putting this into perspective:

• 2 ppb mercury is the mandated limit in drinking water

• 200 ppb mercury in liquid waste renders it a toxic hazard

• 25,000 ppb is found in infant flu shots

• 50,000 ppb is found in regular flu shots — recommended for children, pregnant women, the elderly…

Also the math on how many ppb in a “thimerosal free” vaccine:

0.3 mcg / 0.5mL =
    0.3 mcg / .0005L =
    …3,000 mcg / 5L =
    600 mcg / L
    1 mg/KG = 1 PPM (formal definition of PPM)
    1 L = 1 KG (density of water or saline solution)
    1 mcg/L = 1 PPB (because 1 KG and 1 L of water are equivalent)
    THEREFORE:
    600 mcg / L =
    600 ppb Thimerosal in the “thimerosal-free” vaccine

Flu vaccine has “only” 25 mcg Thimerosal. The shot is 0.5mL. Let’s do some math:
    25 mcg / 0.5mL =
    25 mcg / .0005L =
    250,000 mcg / 5L =
    50,000 mcg / L
    1 mcg / L = 1 ppb, therefore
    The shot has 50,000 ppb of Thimerosal

Remember that 2 ppb mercury is the mandated limit in drinking water and normally 200 ppb would label something a toxic hazard.

After we find all of this information out, we have to ask ourselves: Why is mercury dangerous??

***Notice that mercury doesn’t only stunt neurological growth, it actually reverses it, or destroys it.
    http://vaxtruth.org/2011/08/vaccine-ingredients/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Show us a flu vaccine that is injected into the bloodstream.
    Vaccines are injected directly into the body, and the antigens and other components are taken into the bloodstream via the lymphatic system.

ETA:

Another problem with vaccines is that they go directly into the bloodstream without filtering by the liver. Dr. William Albrecht tells us the following, "If you take water into your system as a drink, it goes into your bloodstream directly from the stomach, but if you take in fats, they move in through your lymphatic system. When you take other substances like carbohydrates and proteins, they go into the intestines and from there are passed into the liver as the body's chemical filter. Before they go out into the blood and circulate in the body. Most of your vaccination serums and proteins are not filtered by the liver, consequently vaccinations can be a terrific shock to the system. Injections of foreign substances like viruses, toxins and foreign proteins into the blood stream via vaccinations, have been associated with diseases and disorders to the blood, brain, nervous system and skin. Rare diseases such as atypical measles and monkey fever as well as such well- known disorders as premature aging, allergies, etc. have been associated with vaccines. Also linked to immunizations are such well-known diseases as cancer, leukemia, paralysis, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and sudden infant death syndrome."

Folks, I'm not making this up. This is mostly out of Physician's Desk Reference, 1980, and Organic Consumer Reports of 1977.
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/d...ur-of-the-time
    Last edited by donnay; 11-01-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Trying to look at parts per million of mercury in a vaccine is not useful. It is if you are consuming the same amounts of something. But you aren't. The quantities are vastly different.

The allowable amounts in water assume you are consume a lot of water. Eight to ten glasses a day. Every day. A vaccine is a very tiny amount. Given once. One adult vaccine is 0.5 cc. There are about 240cc in one eight ounce glass of water and at half a cc per shot, so a glass of water would be the same volume as nearly 500 vaccines! Don't drink eight to ten glasses a day of vaccines. If you did, THEN you would be getting 600 times the mercury as allowed in water.

Also to note that the standard for water is for a different type of mercury than the one found in some vaccines- ethyl vs methyl mercury. Ethyl mercury in vaccines does not accumulate nearly as easily in your body as methyl mercury. Ethyl being more easily eliminated and harder to store is half gone within just a week.

The key is the total amount consumed. When you compare volumes, you are actually getting more mercury from one glass of water at 2ppb allowed that one vaccine at 600 ppb. They vaccine actually has about half the amount the water does. And you are repeating that eight to ten times a day every day if you follow the recommended amounts of water- getting 20 times the amount of mercury a day than you do from one vaccine. And the mercury in water is more toxic than the one in vaccines. Every day. Meanwhile the vaccine mercury is half gone in seven days. Don't drink any water if you are afraid.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-01-2014 at 09:26 PM.

I'm not anti vaccine, I prefer to look at the risk vs reward of vaccines. I just don't see a great reward in getting a flu shot. My Mom had one flu shot in her life, her arm swelled up and she was in pain for months. I'm not sure if it even worked because I can't remember the tough old bird ever having the flu.

Mom blames daughter's paralysis on flu shot

A Florida woman says her daughter became paralyzed after getting a routine flu shot.

Carla Grivna says her child was happy and healthy until getting the flu shot just before the Thanksgiving Day holiday last year. Three days later, however, her daughter Marysue could not move or talk, Grivna said. The child is now a bedridden 10-year-old diagnosed with a rare viral infection of the brain called Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis, or ADEM. Carla Grivna believes what happened is directly tied to the flu shot.

“The doctors won’t confirm it or deny it,” the mother told "Fox & Friends" Sunday. “Her father Steven and I are certain, due to all of our research, that this was what caused Marysue’s condition. She was a happy, healthy, running and playing 9-year-old then this happened.”

Grivna added: “There was no underlying condition. I mean so many tests at the hospital to try and find something else that could have caused it and they could not find anything.”

Marysue’s father has to carry her to get around.

“It can just appear out of the blue or after maybe a surgical procedure,” Dr. Juan Dumois told WTSP-TV in Tampa Bay. Dumois is a physician at All Children’s Hospital in Tampa Bay where he is director of infectious diseases.

He told the station Friday a flu shot can cause the illness, but he does not recommend not getting the flu shot.

“If I get the flu I’m more likely to get ADEM than from the flu vaccine,” Dumois said, adding that recovery is possible.

Grivna said parents need to educate themselves about the flu vaccine.

“Be informed and make an informed decision with you doctor’s guidance,” she said on "Fox & Friends."

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/1...s-on-flu-shot/

Flashback:

ETA:

http://experimentalvaccines.org/2013/...
    Stepping to the edge of a giant precipice overlooking the medical mayhem and inoculation ineptitudes that have castigated our health and propagate our perceptions, a paralyzing revelation rises to the surface of the ongoing vaccination population reduction program known as immunizations. The H1N1 vaccination is the toxic injection connected to the new spike in the occurrence of Guillain-Barré syndrome a paralyzing nervous disorder in which the body's immune system begins to attack itself. A new study out of the Lancet shows conclusive evidence that these cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome have been caused by the 2009 H1N1 Flu vaccination.
    This isn't the first time a flu vaccination has been associated with Guillain-Barré syndrome back in 1976 the swine flu vaccine caused so many cases of GBS that the Center for Disease Creation and Proliferation had been forced to create a page on their website explaining the matter. Their explanation for the incident states that, "In 1976 there was a small increased risk of GBS following vaccination with an influenza vaccine made to protect against a swine flu virus. The increased risk was approximately 1 additional case of GBS per 100,000 people who got the swine flu vaccine." This time the number of people poisoned by the toxic brew was 1.6 additional cases of GBS per 1,000,000 people injected with the vaccinators lancet.
    Vaccines have been engineered to create more customers for the pharmacratical dictatorships growing empire. The diagnosis of human has become a commodity with the diseased being the most valuable and the sick being the most traded. The eugenicist's injections have sped up the timelines of profitability by exacerbating the condition of being alive. These snake oil salesmen with their elixirs of death and disease have been consuming humanity for centuries selling poisons for profits and pills for pain. Backing away from the edge of this nightmarish cataclysm filled with toxic inoculation we can see their end goal is fueled by greed with their lust for money being the only prescription they need.
    http://experimentalvaccines.org/
    http://www.twitter.com/#!/EVaccines
    https://plus.google.com/1162485714358...
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?i...
    http://pinterest.com/ExperimentalVax/
    http://experimentalvaccines.blogspot....
    Last edited by donnay; 11-03-2014 at 09:50 AM.

How many cases in that "spike" of Guillan Barre syndrome? (the swine flu vaccine led to an estimated increase of one case in 100,000 people). http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/gbs_qa.htm

What happened in 1976 with GBS and the swine flu vaccine?
    Scientists first reported a suspected link between GBS and vaccinations in 1976, during a national campaign to vaccinate people against a swine flu virus. The investigation found that vaccine recipients had a higher risk for GBS than those who were not vaccinated (about 1 additional case occurred per 100,000 people vaccinated). Given this association, and the fact that the swine flu disease was limited, the vaccination program was stopped.

Since then, numerous studies have been done to evaluate if other flu vaccines were associated with GBS. In most studies, no association was found, but two studies suggested that approximately 1 additional person out of 1 million vaccinated people may be at risk for GBS associated with the seasonal influenza vaccine.
    Your article confirms the one in a million chance figure. That is a pretty rare event- not a crisis panic situation.
    This time the number of people poisoned by the toxic brew was 1.6 additional cases of GBS per 1,000,000 people injected with the vaccinators lancet.
    The flu is far more deadly.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-03-2014 at 11:45 AM.

How many cases in that "spike" of Guillan Barre syndrome? (the swine flu vaccine led to an estimated increase of one case in 100,000 people). http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/gbs_qa.htm

Your article confirms the one in a million chance figure. That is a pretty rare event- not a crisis panic situation.

The flu is far more deadly.
    It is?

Flashback:

WHO Exaggerated H1N1 Flu Problems, After Consulting With Consultants Working For Pharmaceutical Firms
    from the regulatory-capture dept

The deeper you look at the pharmaceutical industry, the more and more ridiculous it seems. Pharma has abused patent laws greatly for many years (even though many of the roots of the industry come from areas that refused to allow patents on drugs... until some companies got too big and wanted to limit competition). The latest news is that the World Health Organization apparently has been dinged for exaggerating the H1N1 flu threat... in part because they relied on pharmaceutical industry insiders for information. Guess what they suggested? Stockpiling a limited supply of super expensive pharmaceuticals, which were so super expensive thanks to patents limiting competition. Part of the issue is that the goals of the pharma industry are not at all aligned with basic public policy on health care. The incentive structure is entirely screwed up. Pharma has no interest in making sure people are healthy, but because sometimes its drugs happen to do that, as a side effect of making money for the industry, officials falsely believe that pharma execs should have some sort of say in public health policy.
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...28409725.shtml

You can try and vaccinate against me all you want, but I will infect you one way or another...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm not anti vaccine, I prefer to look at the risk vs reward of vaccines. I just don't see a great reward in getting a flu shot. My Mom had one flu shot in her life, her arm swelled up and she was in pain for months. I'm not sure if it even worked because I can't remember the tough old bird ever having the flu.
    Me either, but I do believe they need to lay off the newborns.

I would never get a flu shot. It's nothing but a money-making scam. Even Zippy admits they're pretty much useless.

Related: Flu-Shot Coverup? CDC Accused of Ignoring Data Showing Vaccine Doesn't Work
    http://www.NewsmaxHealth.com/Headlin...#ixzz3I300rvdn

News reporter Sharyl Attkisson is making headlines with her memoir Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington. She details in her book how officials at CBS quashed her reports on topics that were perceived as anti-Obama, such as her reporting on the terrorist attack on our embassy at Benghazi, the "Fast and Furious" debacle, the green energy company Solyndra that went bankrupt after accepting hundreds of millions of dollars in government money, and the Obamacare disaster.

On Twitter, however, she accused the government of ignoring numerous scientific studies that showed the flu vaccine was ineffective in the elderly.

"One of the most instructive things at the time, for me, was when gov’t researchers told me that even though all the studies showed flu shots didn’t work in the elderly, they figured the STUDIES were wrong because they 'knew' flu shots worked!" she tweeted.

"Kind of reminds me of today’s CDC that looks at all the scientific links between vaccines and autism but 'knows' it can’t be so, so it changes the study data or finds other explanations for why the data says what it says," she wrote.

In a blog (sharylattkisson.com), she wrote how a study almost ten years old was ignored because the results weren't what were expected. "It found that after decades and billions of dollars spent promoting flu shots for the elderly, the mass vaccination program did not result in saving lives," she wrote. "In fact, the death rate among the elderly increased substantially.
    [...]
    "The authors of the study admitted a bias going into the study," she continued. "Here was the history as described to me: Public health experts long assumed flu shots were effective in the elderly. But, paradoxically, all the studies done failed to demonstrate a benefit. Instead of considering that they, the experts, could be wrong–instead of believing the scientific data–the public health experts assumed the studies were wrong. After all, flu shots have to work, right?"

As a result, the National Institutes of Health began a study they were sure would be the definitive answer, and would prove flu shots helped the elderly. But at the end, the data came to the same conclusion: "The death rate had increased markedly since widespread flu vaccination among older Americans," Attkisson wrote.
    [...]
    Is Attkisson right? Has the government exaggerated the effectiveness of vaccines, especially the flu vaccine in the elderly?

"She's absolutely correct," said Dr. David Brownstein, editor of the newsletter Dr. David Brownstein's Natural Way to Health. "There are no good studies showing that the flu vaccine is effective for seniors."

Currently, the government recommends that all seniors receive a high-dose flu vaccine. But Dr. Brownstein agrees with Attkisson that the vaccine simply doesn't work.

"When you take apart and break down a recent study that the government uses to promote the flu vaccine to senior citizens, you'll find that 217 elderly people had to take the high-dose flu vaccine to prevent a single case of flu. Also, every single person was exposed to possible adverse effects," said Dr. Brownstein.

"In addition, most flu vaccines contain mercury and formaldehyde, says Dr. Brownstein. "Both are poisons and should never be injected into any human being.
    Last edited by Lucille; 11-03-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    You can try and vaccinate against me all you want, but I will infect you one way or another...

The Influenza speaks, flu shots don't work!

I don't want to take any vaccines because in the Omnibus Autism Proceedings the Government conceeded Hannah Polling and Baily Bank's autism were caused by vaccines. Personally I would rather risk catching the flu; especially considering the autism rates are now like one in sixty-three.

Mom: Daughter paralyzed because of flu shot

Tampa, Florida – A Bay area mother spends her day caring for a bedridden daughter who can no longer walk and has very little vocabulary. She blames it on the flu vaccine.

"She (used to) love school, she was running, playing signing in the church choir," said Carla Grivna.

In their home in the Town 'N Country area, Grivna says the nightmare started last November when she took her daughter to get her routine flu shot.

Four days after getting the vaccine, Marysue fell ill with a rare viral infection of the brain called Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM).

How did an otherwise healthy 9-year-old suddenly become so paralyzed that her father has to carry her?

Her family says it was because of the flu shot.

"It can be triggered by a virus it (sic) high fever or by a vaccination," said Grivna.

Continued...

Mom: Daughter paralyzed because of flu shot

Tampa, Florida – A Bay area mother spends her day caring for a bedridden daughter who can no longer walk and has very little vocabulary. She blames it on the flu vaccine.

"She (used to) love school, she was running, playing signing in the church choir," said Carla Grivna.

In their home in the Town 'N Country area, Grivna says the nightmare started last November when she took her daughter to get her routine flu shot.

Four days after getting the vaccine, Marysue fell ill with a rare viral infection of the brain called Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM).

How did an otherwise healthy 9-year-old suddenly become so paralyzed that her father has to carry her?

Her family says it was because of the flu shot.

"It can be triggered by a virus it (sic) high fever or by a vaccination," said Grivna.

Continued...
    A tragic story- yes. Unfortunately there are some people genetically susceptible to this. As the article notes, it can also be triggered by a fever or virus- if she had gotten the flu, the outcome could have been the same. Fortunately, her condition is very rare. Only a handful of cases are seen in a given year.

http://myelitis.org/symptoms-conditi...phalomyelitis/

Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM) is a rare inflammatory demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. ADEM is thought to be an autoimmune disorder in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks its own brain tissue, triggered by an environmental stimulus in genetically susceptible individuals. More often it is believed to be triggered by a response to an infection or to a vaccination. For this reason, ADEM is sometimes referred to as post-infectious or post-immunization acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.

EPIDEMIOLOGY

According to a study published in 2008, the estimated incidence in California is 0.4 per 100,000 population per year, and there are approximately 3 to 6 ADEM cases seen each year at regional medical centers in the US, UK, and Australia. ADEM is more common in children and adolescents than it is in adults, and there does not seem to be a higher incidence of ADEM among males or females, nor does there seem to be a higher frequency among any particular ethnic group.

Post-infectious

In approximately 50-75 percent of ADEM cases, the inflammatory attack is preceded by a viral or bacterial infection. There have been a large number of viruses associated with these infections, including but not limited to: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella zoster, Epstein-Barr, cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex, hepatitis A, influenza, and enterovirus infections. A seasonal distribution has been observed showing that most ADEM cases occur in the winter and spring. The inflammatory attack and neurological symptoms often begin within a couple of weeks after the viral or bacterial illness.

Post-immunization

Less than 5 percent of ADEM cases follow immunization. The association between an inflammatory attack following an immunization has been temporal and the direct connection between a vaccination and an immune attack has not been established. Post-vaccinial ADEM has been associated with immunization for: rabies, hepatitis B, influenza, Japanese B encephalitis, diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus, measles, mumps, rubella, pneumococcus, polio, smallpox, and varicella. Currently, the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccinations are most commonly associated with post-vaccinial ADEM. No infectious agent is isolated in most cases. The incidence of ADEM associated with the live measles vaccination is 1 to 2 per million. Neurologic symptoms typically appear 4 to 13 days after a vaccination.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-04-2014 at 02:00 PM.

A tragic story- yes. Unfortunately there are some people genetically susceptible to this. As the article notes, it can also be triggered by a fever or virus- if she had gotten the flu, the outcome could have been the same. Fortunately, her condition is very rare. Only a handful of cases are seen in a given year.

http://myelitis.org/symptoms-conditi...phalomyelitis/

Ah... but the one-size-fits-all vaccine is what everyone gets.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We're not opposed to vaccines in our family either. We're opposed to all the crap they put in them, and what they use to make them. And like Lucille stated, there's no need for infants to have vaccines unless they are going to be exposed to the diseases. In most cases in America, they stay at home for a number of weeks or months, and are only exposed to family and close friends. I tend to think that vaccines compromise their tiny, young immune systems.

I've had the H1N1 virus, and the Influenza B type. The most dangerous aspect of influenza is dehydration. That is what kills most people.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    We're not opposed to vaccines in our family either. We're opposed to all the crap they put in them, and what they use to make them. And like Lucille stated, there's no need for infants to have vaccines unless they are going to be exposed to the diseases. In most cases in America, they stay at home for a number of weeks or months, and are only exposed to family and close friends. I tend to think that vaccines compromise their tiny, young immune systems.

I've had the H1N1 virus, and the Influenza B type. The most dangerous aspect of influenza is dehydration. That is what kills most people.

Children are getting 49 doses of 14 vaccines before they are 6 years old. To me, that is completely insane.

Children are getting 49 doses of 14 vaccines before they are 6 years old. To me, that is completely insane.
    It is completely insane, yes. Children have more allergies and asthma than ever before too. And I think a lot of it is due to their compromised immune systems.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Well here's one study that gives evidence to a link between allergies and asthma and vaccines. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Well here's one study that gives evidence to a link between allergies and asthma and vaccines. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract
    The problems lies in product liability. Take the automobile industry for example, manufacturers have a financial incentive to produce a safe and effective product. If your Ford Pinto explodes when it gets rear ended, Ford gets sued, pays a settlement or decision, and recalls the defective product.

Related to vaccines, there is no built in financial incentive for a safe and effective product. The alleged "victim's" only recourse is to file a claim with the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. There is no option to file suit against a vaccine manufacturer. Under the program, even if a claim is upheld, compensation is paid by taxpayer dollars and not the manufacturer. Also under the program there are not rights to "discovery" or "juris prudence" as in most court proceedings, creating a scenario where a sucessful claim is actually difficult to prove.

This creates an atmosphere where manufacturers such as Eli Lilly for example, have a financial interest to push more and more and more vaccines, with no liability for safety. This is perhaps why HepB, a disease caught primarily through unprotected sexual behavior and sharing of hypodermic needles, has a vaccine given to infants within their first 24 hours of life outside their mothers womb.

A simple solution to this problem is to completely remove the National Vaccine Injury Program, and allow alleged victims, to seek appropriate recourse through the judicial system. If this happened, I strongly suspect manufacturers of vaccines would drasticallly change their "recommended" vaccine schedule, to reduce threats to their profits.

These manufacturers have large political action campaign funds, however, most politicians on both sides of the aisle don't want to step away from their feed bags to solve the problem.
    Last edited by Leaning Libertarian; 11-11-2014 at 04:04 PM.