Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    OK, that's scary!

Zombie Michael Jackson?
    Decaying body Michael Jackson?
    Gyrating on the stage Michael Jackson?
    or "playing" with kids Michael Jackson?

I'm not sure which is worse...

-t
    They're all scary but I hope he goes as the Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We didn't get any trick or treaters. There was also no traffic nearby. I guess parents take their kids to larger towns for a better haul. That's probably what I'd do.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That sounds awesome, I want a human gerbil ball.
    Try starting a chipin. Maybe your dream will come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    We didn't get any trick or treaters. There was also no traffic nearby. I guess parents take their kids to larger towns for a better haul. That's probably what I'd do.
    I used to have a farm out in the country. The only people that ever came were my friends and neighbors with their kids and they all came in cars because you can't walk house to house out in the boonies. The farms were far apart from each other. Most everyone took their kids into town so they could go from house to house--that's where the big haul was.

Now I live in the suburbs and get tons of kids every year. I love livin in the burbs too. Farm life was nice, but it was hard. I like flushing my toilet without having to worry about where it's going and non stop water even through a drought. Wasn't so on the farm. Having to recycle my trash is a pain, but hey--it's better than having to haul it off myself like I used to on the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I never celebrated Halloween when I was a kid.
    A truly deprived youth.

I've always lived out in the country and never had trick or treaters.
    I grew up out in the country. We went down every road for miles around..
    Now no one does..

We have always had candy just in case,, but not one in 8 years.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

A truly deprived youth.
    lol! I don't feel deprived. My parents felt like it was a demonic holiday and didn't want to celebrate it. I pretty much feel the same way. I don't judge other people who decide to do it, but personally I don't. We did still buy candy for other people though, which is the right thing to do. Just because you don't celebrate a holiday doesn't mean you should refuse to show Christ's love to those who do.

lol! I don't feel deprived. My parents felt like it was a demonic holiday and didn't want to celebrate it. I pretty much feel the same way. I don't judge other people who decide to do it, but personally I don't. We did still buy candy for other people though, which is the right thing to do. Just because you don't celebrate a holiday doesn't mean you should refuse to show Christ's love to those who do.
    lolz Halloween is no more "demonic" than Valentine's Day. The movies were pretty creepy, though.
    (Don't watch if yer squeemish...wouldn't want to mess up yer young mind)
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 10-31-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

These songs were always a halloween tradition for me.

I'm sad that the singer died. His voice was amazing.

The last trio were teens or tweens. They had no costumes, but we're nicely dressed. One carried some sort of staff with a small skull on the end. They could not even stammer out "trick or treat." Finally they held out their bags and looked the other way, husband gave them the rest of the candy.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The demographics change a lot around here. We used to have more trick or treaters and less HS students. Now it's changed. I suspect it will swing back, as there are a lot of strollers in the area. I live in an area that is school central. From elementary to uni.

I did discover that if you wait till the last minute, the day before - CVS is trying to DUMP their candy - like 50-75% discounts.... Selection is a bit less, but cheap!

I bought 3 multi-bags this year and a few "for us" bags - peanut butter cups /n snickers that went into the freezer and were available in case we had a bigger than average turn out...

I was kinda shocked... Normally, we have a half full large fish bowl worth of candy left over and now, after the 3 min blitz - it went from almost over flowing to a 1/5 full in 3 minutes... (I give BIG handfulls!). So yeah - buy more candy next time...

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 10-31-2014 at 10:41 PM.

A few years ago a friend of mine got swatted and beat up pretty bad because some kid said he got a bad apple from his house. He spent a few days in jail and after he got a lawyer and proved that he had been out of the country the whole week was exonerated. The kid recanted later and it came out that he was angry because my friend had refused to let him use his pool for a pool party he had planned lol. The kid was like twelve and a little thug whom I heard is doing time for rape.
    Anyway, my buddy ended up selling and moving because the neighbors treated him badly after that. Guess they never got the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    OK, that's scary!

Zombie Michael Jackson?
    Decaying body Michael Jackson?
    Gyrating on the stage Michael Jackson?
    or "playing" with kids Michael Jackson?

I'm not sure which is worse...

-t
    I'm going as Michael Jackson later in his career.

I've never really understood the issue many Conservative Christians take with Halloween. I was basically the only kid at church who celebrated it. My parents were brought to the Lord by a Welsh preacher who didn't have a problem with the holiday and we continued celebrating it after they both converted until I was 13.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Kids always seem to avoid my place.
    None tonight for us , but it was snowing to beat hell , big, wet flakes , visibility was probably 100 feet and the wind 30 mph. We do have the place all decorated , but I forgot to turn the outside lights on .

It just started snowing hard here.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Last yr , if I recall, it was 70 degrees and tornados , this yr , 20's and snowing .

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Don't you live down south??? snow?

-t

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did pretty good this year.

Had quit a few little ones. A group of older kids came by and I called them in for some candy. They were a little to old for the door to door thing. Still they looked like they could use some candy.

Rained today pretty good but it let up enough this evening.

They make some nice costumes today. Not far from here the people go all out and decorate their blocks. Well houses. Sort of like they do for Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12