Thread: It's time for an 'American jihad'

Exclamation It's time for an 'American jihad'

It's time for an 'American jihad'

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...merican-jihad/

Dr. Keith Ablow

Published October 28, 2014 FoxNews.com

Among the many definitions of jihad are a "war or struggle against unbelievers" and "a crusade for a principle or belief." Given those definitions, I believe it's time for an American jihad.

An American jihad would reawaken in American citizens the certain knowledge that our Constitution is a sacred document that better defines and preserves the liberty and autonomy of human beings than the charter of any other nation on earth.

The Constitution, along with the miracle of our nation's founding and the providential history of America fighting and winning war after war against oppressive regimes, proves our manifest destiny not only to preserve our borders and safety and national character at home, but to spread around the world our love of individual freedom and insist on its reflection in every government.

An American jihad would embrace the correct belief that if every nation on earth were governed by freely elected leaders and by our Constitution, the world would be a far better place. And an American jihad would not only hope for this outcome, but work toward it.

We would begin at home, as every great world movement does. We would not only allow, but teach, Americans — including American children — to internalize and project their justifiable feelings of pride in our democracy as superior to all other forms of government. In grade schools we would teach the truth that the founding of our nation and its survival in the face of communism and fascism weren’t just good luck or good planning, but preordained by our commitment to the truth about the essential nature of man. And we would embrace the certain knowledge that history will eventually spread our values all over the globe.

We would tie American aid to incremental changes not just in the attitudes, but in the fundamental structures, of countries. These changes would move those countries, slowly but inexorably, toward reflecting our Constitution in their own charters. We would unabashedly fund pro-democracy movements around the world, partly with government funding and partly with donations from American citizens. Through these donations we would seek to double the budgets of the CIA and our Special Forces, seek to fund an international mercenary force for good and provide our veterans unparalleled health care.

We would urge our leaders, after their service in the U.S. Senate and Congress, to seek dual citizenship in other nations, like France and Italy and Sweden and Argentina and Brazil and Germany, and work to influence those nations to adopt laws very much like our own. We might even fund our leaders' campaigns for office in these other nations.

We would accept the fact that an American jihad could mean boots on the ground in many places in the world where human rights are being denigrated and horrors are unfolding. Because wherever leaders and movements appear that seek to trample upon the human spirit, we have a God-given right to intervene — because we have been to the mountaintop of freedom, and we have seen the Promised Land spanning the globe.

An American jihad would never condone terrorist acts of violence against our adversaries or the targeting of people simply because their beliefs are different from ours. But for those who malignantly demonstrate their intentions to subjugate others, there would be no quarter.

An American jihad would turn back and topple the terrible self-loathing in our citizens set in motion by President Obama, beginning with his "apology tour” — a psychological plague. It would make American pride not only acceptable, but celebrated, again. And, remember, American pride is nothing more than being proud to support truths that are self-evident, irreducible, elemental and inevitable.

An American jihad would make every tax dollar a tithing and the squandering of those dollars a sin. An American jihad would make every hour spent working in an American company — or founding one — an offering. An American jihad would make every teacher of American history not only a public servant, but a servant of the Truth.

We the People of the United States are good and we are right. And we need the spirit of an American jihad to properly invite, intensify and focus our intentions to preserve, protect and defend our Constitution here at home, and to seek to spread its principles abroad.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A free people do not elect "leaders".

That is all...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A free people do not elect "leaders".

That is all...
    Free people do not need leaders.

And we do not need to spread it.. but merely be an example.
    I find that I disagree with that piece more than I agree with.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Free people do not need leaders.

And we do not need to spread it.. but merely be an example.
    Me, I thought it was an Onion piece...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I should very sincerely hope so! It's rare to see such nakedly open expressions of hyper-nationalism/fascism in the modern age.

So I guess Fox News has given up on demonization of Islamic Jihadis?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This is sheer arrogance on the part of the author. Didn't he learn anything from the war on poverty? All these grand initiatives mean nothing without the target peoples taking it upon themselves to change. Launching an American Jihad would likely produce the opposite effect he desires.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    This is sheer arrogance on the part of the author. Didn't he learn anything from the war on poverty? All these grand initiatives mean nothing without the target peoples taking it upon themselves to change. Launching an American Jihad would likely produce the opposite effect he desires.
    It already has...

Evidence That War on Terror Has Not Decreased “Terrorist” Numbers

Michael S. Rozeff

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...orist-numbers/

My hypothesis is that the war on terror has not decreased the number of “terrorists”. I use the term “terrorist” but one might substitute others such as jihadist or anti-western Muslims or pro-Islamic State Muslims. We are talking about people whose agendas vary, often greatly, but who want to get U.S. forces out of the Middle East and Central Asia or who want states to become fundamental Islamic states or who favor one brand of Islam over another; and these people use terror bombings as one of their military means. At present the largest contingent wants an Islamic State, controls territory in Syria and Iraq, and calls itself IS or Islamic State. It’s also called ISIS, ISIL and Daesh.

The CIA says that ISIS has 20,000-31,500 fighters. Iraqi sources say 100,000. Other estimates are 20,000-50,000. We do not know the number very precisely. Sources may be biased. We do not know how permanent the members are, but this is the best we can do in order to test the hypothesis that terrorist numbers have not decreased with the advent of the war on terror. We know that the potential membership is large. We know that new recruits are coming from 80 countries, including western countries. The UN source says that the scale of recruiting is unprecedented and outdoes the cumulative total from 1990 to 2010. The UN source says there have been 15,000 recruits of late.

Going back a decade or so to when Bush launched the war on terror, which I see as a consequence of or at least highly congruent with the Cheney-Powell-Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz (CPRW) defense strategy, the terrorist numbers are also iffy. The Wikipedia article on al-Qaeda says that in 2002 there was a core membership of 170. But how many trained fighters were there in its camp?

In the mid-80s, there were “thousands” of mujahideen in Afghanistan who might be considered as possible terrorist members when that war wound down. One source says tens of thousands. In Iraq, al-Zarqari’s contingent was estimated at 1,000-3,000 fighters.

It appears to me that when the war on terror began, there were possibly 1,000-5,000 terrorists who remained from the 1980s and/or who had been trained in al-Qaeda camps. There were then and still are many potential recruits. Even if we say that there were 10,000 such people in 2001, the numbers today in IS are greater than that figure. The estimates cited above range from 15,000 to 100,000.

I think it is safe to say that the number of terrorists has not declined since the war on terror began. If anything, there is evidence of a substantial increase in terrorist numbers.

Has the war on terror caused this increase? Would this increase have occurred even if the war on terror had not been launched in Iraq and elsewhere? Has the war on terror reduced the terrorist numbers below what they might otherwise have been in the absence of the war on terror? These questions cannot be answered by looking at numbers alone before and after.

I think that the U.S. attacks on Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya and the border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan have stimulated terrorist recruitment. The war in Syria has also done this. There are other reasons why IS is gaining recruits that have to do with its appeal and its program of calling for a new caliphate, but the war on terror in Iraq created the open territory, the power vacuum and exacerbated or kindled the tribal and religious divisions that gave IS a home base.

If we look at a map of where the U.S. forces encountered the greatest resistance in Iraq and where IS now controls territory, there is a big overlap. The U.S. war on terror, of which attacking Iraq was a signal endeavor, is directly responsible for providing the ground upon which IS could grow. Beyond that it is highly probable that the motivations of recruits are influenced by their rejection of the American attacks of all kinds on or near their homelands, including drone attacks that have taken thousands of civilian lives.

Libya is a country in disarray. There are many reports of its remote regions being used to train fighters, terrorists, and/or jihadists. One such report has them taking over a former U.S. base. The former U.S. embassy has been taken over by jihadists. The dismantling of Gaddafi’s regime is another aggression or front in the war on terror that has produced a recruiting ground for terrorists or whatever term better describes this movement.

I do not think it is at all unreasonable to conclude that the U.S. side has failed in its war on terror and that it has made the problem far worse than it would otherwise have been. What exactly is that problem? The problem was that continental America was increasingly subject to attacks like 9/11. But why? The roots of that go back to American alliances and interventions in the Middle East dating from decades earlier. The CPRW doctrines restated and strengthened these already existing imperial designs and tendencies that were manifested in the Cold War.

What is to be done? Bombing and fighting IS will cause recruiting of jihadist fighters to increase, even if or even because it kills a certain number of them who become martyrs. The U.S. cannot control or control by bombing a host of regions such as Libya, Sudan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc. It doesn’t have the manpower to control these territories either. The U.S. is fighting a lost cause. The sooner it recognizes this the better.

It’s not only a lost cause but an unnecessary lost cause. There are no national interests or national security interests that demand a war on terror over these lands. There is no inherent or fundamental national security interest that demands that the U.S. be involved with Saudi Arabia, the Gulf states, Jordan and Israel. The U.S. doesn’t have to be set against Iran either.

The U.S. can do no better than adopting a policy of non-intervention and withdrawing from these troubled lands. It can do no better than letting the local and regional political forces emerge and run their course without U.S. attempts to control the social and political dynamics, which attempts are bound to fail anyway. It will be very unpleasant to see some of the results, which may involve strict religious states or women being oppressed or religious art treasures being destroyed. The result may be regional wars that involve Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Israel. The fallout is unpredictable. But a degree of stability may surprisingly emerge if the U.S. withdraws. The states in the region will have to deal with one another, and will deal with an IS in Iraq in ways that we cannot now foresee. There is at least as good a chance of stable solutions emerging as there is of a long period of instability, which is what faces the region now as long as the U.S. attempts to control the outcomes.

The alternatives to non-intervention are worse for Americans. They involve constant warring, killing and injuring of civilians by Americans, increased jihadist recruitment, and the radicalization of the jihadists. The jihadists will learn more and more destructive ways to fight back and they will take the battle more and more into western countries or into attacks on civilian populations in the countries they wish to control. Blowback will increase and intensify.

Intervention by the U.S. will not be able to resolve the regional issues. To date, American intervention has made the terrorist problem much worse. That was the hypothesis that I examined at the outset and what’s consistent with the evidence.

Just as the U.S. got out of Vietnam (was made to get out) without losing any national security whatsoever, it can get out of the Middle East and lose nothing. The U.S. gained by exiting Vietnam. It gained by stopping a constant and large drain on its resources, its young men and women, and its spirit. The divisions and frictions domestically settled down. Americans turned back to peaceful activities. Business and the economy improved as resources went back into them and out of war.

Americans will gain if its government gets out of the Middle East. Getting out of the Middle East means winding down the war on terror. The whole country is being turned into a national security state and a police state because of the terrorism focus. This is unnecessary even with the war on terror but it is doubly or triply unnecessary if the U.S. stopped trying to fight jihadists in all these foreign countries and stopped intervening in them in other ways. The risk of serious terrorist attacks on America will gradually diminish as the U.S. government accepts a reduced role in foreign lands and as its credibility for staying out of their conflicts rises.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jihad (English pronunciation: /dʒɪˈhɑːd/; Arabic: جهاد‎ ǧihād [dʒiˈhćːd]), is an Islamic term referring to a religious duty of Muslims. In Arabic, the word jihād is a noun meaning "struggle" or "resisting". A person engaged in jihad is called a mujahid, the plural of which is mujahideen. The word jihad appears frequently in the Quran,[1][2] often in the idiomatic expression "striving in the way of God (al-jihad fi sabil Allah)".[3][4][5]
    (wiki)

Funny though, Luctor is Latin for, "I struggle". - and emerge.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 10-31-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    "Here we go again! America is running true to form, fixing some other country's business for 'em just as we always do. We mean well, but will wind up in wrong as usual." --Will Rogers 1931
    'Proposals for promoting the peace of the world will have careful consideration. But we are not a people who are always seeking for a sign. We know that peace comes from honesty and fair dealing, from moderation, and a generous regard for the rights of others. The heart of the Nation is more important than treaties.'--Calvin Coolidge
    "It always will seem funny to us United Staters that we are about the only ones that really know how to do everything right. I don't know how a lot of these other nations have existed as long as they have 'til we could get some of our people around and show them really how to be pure and good like us."--Will Rogers 1932
    'Peace will come when there is realization that only under a reign of law, based on righteousness and supported by the religious conviction of the brotherhood of man, can there be any hope of a complete and satisfying life. Parchment will fail, the sword will fail, it is only the spiritual nature of man that can be triumphant.'--Calvin Coolidge

'A display of reason rather than a threat of force should be the determining factor in the intercourse among nations.'--Calvin Coolidge
    We used to lead other nations into following our example. Of course, back then we were actually setting a good example. Rather than breaking ourselves and getting ourselves killed trying to shove the good principles upon which this nation was founded down other people's throats, it makes far, far more sense to me to conduct an American Jihad against those forces here at home that would lead us away from the Constitution and further down the garden path.

This would not only benefit us immensely, but since it is less arrogant and more humble, less power-trippy and more self-reflective, and sets not a bad example but rather helps us do a better job of setting a good example, it would make us of more benefit to the whole wide world than all the munitions we can muster could ever hope to do.

Aggression creates only resistance. A fine example is what fosters imitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Me, I thought it was an Onion piece...
    I thought it was too at first. I didn't look at the link until I saw your comment.

Dr. Keith Ablow is a psychiatrist and member of the Fox News Medical A-Team. Dr. Ablow can be reached at info@keithablow.com.

'Physician, heal yourself!' - Jesus

Among the many definitions of jihad are a "war or struggle against unbelievers" and "a crusade for a principle or belief" Given those definitions, I believe it's time for an American jihad.
    An American jihad would never condone terrorist acts of violence against our adversaries or the targeting of people simply because their beliefs are different from ours.
    Thus speaketh Ayatollah Ablow, American Jihadist ...

I'm not even gonna touch any of the other puke-inducing bull$#@! spewed by this braying jackass.
    It's enough to know that he's just another garden-variety, double-talking, mealy-mouthed hypocrite.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Thus speaketh Ayatollah Ablow, American Jihadist ...

I'm not even gonna touch any of the other puke-inducing bull$#@! spewed by this braying jackass.
    It's enough to know that he's just another garden-variety, double-talking, mealy-mouthed hypocrite.
    Oh, c'mon, I was hoping somebody would de-construct this pile of horse$#@!.

An American jihad would reawaken in American citizens the certain knowledge that our Constitution is a sacred document that better defines and preserves the liberty and autonomy of human beings than the charter of any other nation on earth.
    This sort of language is part of why I call constitutionalism a religion/cult instead of a political philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This sort of language is part of why I call constitutionalism a religion/cult instead of a political philosophy.
    So you don't accept that God Himself ordained and sanctified The Constitution? BLASPHEMER!

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    So you don't accept that God Himself ordained and sanctified The Constitution? BLASPHEMER!
    I have been found guilty! They're going to stone me!

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, c'mon, I was hoping somebody would de-construct this pile of horse$#@!.
    Nope. Can't do it.

One would end up like the guy who starved to death while sitting at a banquet table piled high with food - paralyzed with indecision over what to eat first ...

TERRORIST!

Ummm, yeah - trying to sell Americans on anything jee-hawd is going to go over like a lead balloon.

Whoever wrote that had a major brain fart.

-t

Alright, I'm now annoyed enough to spend the time ripping through this pile of excrement:

It's time for an 'American jihad'

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...merican-jihad/

Dr. Keith Ablow

Published October 28, 2014 FoxNews.com

Among the many definitions of jihad are a "war or struggle against unbelievers" and "a crusade for a principle or belief." Given those definitions, I believe it's time for an American jihad.

Already dealt with... utter pablum. Even a basic understanding of the history of the development of the constitution proves it to be a total usurpation of individual state sovereignty (which is in itself a fantasy). To suggest that this document, which truly subverts the sovereignty of the individual, which is clearly ordained by God, or nature if you prefer, actually is blasphemous. Speaking as a believing Christian, I'm offended by the suggestion that the constitution is a sacred document.

The Constitution, along with the miracle of our nation's founding and the providential history of America fighting and winning war after war against oppressive regimes, proves our manifest destiny not only to preserve our borders and safety and national character at home, but to spread around the world our love of individual freedom and insist on its reflection in every government.
    Beck-level garbage. The founding of the American state under the auspices of the constitution was no kind of miracle. God created man; He did not create the state. Again, to suggest that the advent of the American state as quasi-organized under the constitution was miraculous, in the spiritual sense of the word, is blasphemy.

Thusly, it is in no way incumbent upon "us" to spread "our" "virtues" around the world; indeed it is to do violence to otherwise peaceful people.

An American jihad would embrace the correct belief that if every nation on earth were governed by freely elected leaders and by our Constitution, the world would be a far better place. And an American jihad would not only hope for this outcome, but work toward it.
    The American constitution has given "us" countless federal agencies which harass us and eat out our substance; it gave us a government which commits theft with the alacrity of a syndicate, and supposes to provide "services" so inefficient and contrived as to be laughable, if it weren't so practically tragic. Even those agencies which enjoy legitimate sanction (without regard to moral sanction) under the constitution have grown so bloated and tyrannical as to be wholly unrecognizable to those who may have conceived it with good intention.

We would begin at home, as every great world movement does. We would not only allow, but teach, Americans — including American children — to internalize and project their justifiable feelings of pride in our democracy as superior to all other forms of government.
    Any time I see the word, 'democracy', used in such a context I know I'm dealing with someone who has no idea what he's talking about.

In grade schools we would teach the truth that the founding of our nation and its survival in the face of communism and fascism weren’t just good luck or good planning, but preordained by our commitment to the truth about the essential nature of man. And we would embrace the certain knowledge that history will eventually spread our values all over the globe.
    The American state is by definition a subversion of the truth about the essential nature of man. There may have been a brief moment in time when man might have existed somewhat naturally within the territory of the regime, but that was quite more a consequence of circumstance than intention.

It's depressing that such an elementary explanation of history enjoys such a public forum.

We would tie American aid to incremental changes not just in the attitudes, but in the fundamental structures, of countries. These changes would move those countries, slowly but inexorably, toward reflecting our Constitution in their own charters. We would unabashedly fund pro-democracy movements around the world, partly with government funding and partly with donations from American citizens. Through these donations we would seek to double the budgets of the CIA and our Special Forces, seek to fund an international mercenary force for good and provide our veterans unparalleled health care.
    Kill yourself. Seriously. Hooray - more confiscation of the justly acquired wealth of otherwise non-violent people to be dispersed to the "rulers" of other states and vicious mercenaries... I intended to use the word with cynicism, but this Ablow chap beat me to the bottom.

We would urge our leaders, after their service in the U.S. Senate and Congress, to seek dual citizenship in other nations, like France and Italy and Sweden and Argentina and Brazil and Germany, and work to influence those nations to adopt laws very much like our own. We might even fund our leaders' campaigns for office in these other nations.
    Naked fascism, like the rest of this incoherent screed. Embarrassing.

We would accept the fact that an American jihad could mean boots on the ground in many places in the world where human rights are being denigrated and horrors are unfolding. Because wherever leaders and movements appear that seek to trample upon the human spirit, we have a God-given right to intervene — because we have been to the mountaintop of freedom, and we have seen the Promised Land spanning the globe.
    Well then... if god is for us, who could be against us? Let us spare no 18-28 year old. Let us spread the freedom to be regulated and governed into a tidy, conformist corner where we may never make a decision for ourselves to every single corner of the planet, lives be damned!

An American jihad would never condone terrorist acts of violence against our adversaries or the targeting of people simply because their beliefs are different from ours. But for those who malignantly demonstrate their intentions to subjugate others, there would be no quarter.

An American jihad would turn back and topple the terrible self-loathing in our citizens set in motion by President Obama, beginning with his "apology tour” — a psychological plague. It would make American pride not only acceptable, but celebrated, again. And, remember, American pride is nothing more than being proud to support truths that are self-evident, irreducible, elemental and inevitable.

An American jihad would make every tax dollar a tithing and the squandering of those dollars a sin. An American jihad would make every hour spent working in an American company — or founding one — an offering. An American jihad would make every teacher of American history not only a public servant, but a servant of the Truth.

We the People of the United States are good and we are right. And we need the spirit of an American jihad to properly invite, intensify and focus our intentions to preserve, protect and defend our Constitution here at home, and to seek to spread its principles abroad.
    I refuse to believe that the author meant a word of this. I've never read a more concentrated, condensed form of pure, utter bull$#@! fascist hyper-nationalism in my life. May this garbage never gain any kind of traction in this abortion of a society for if it did, it would lead to The. Worst. Regime. In. History.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Nope. Can't do it.

One would end up like the guy who starved to death while sitting at a banquet table piled high with food - paralyzed with indecision over what to eat first ...
    Ya know, that was pretty much the experience... I took a shot at it, but it was too much to chew!

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Ya know, that was pretty much the experience... I took a shot at it, but it was too much to chew!
    I knew somebody could...

Me? I was all, like...

And we need the spirit of an American jihad to properly invite, intensify and focus our intentions to preserve, protect and defend our Constitution here at home, and to seek to spread its principles abroad.
    He's got it right. Those Jihadist are always trying to recruit followers with the barrel of a gun. Someone strap him onto a hellfire missile and give him his wish of spreading our principles abroad.

No it's time for an Arab American Spring.