Thread: NYC-Cop 1 pepper sprays cop 2 accidentally during arrest. Cop 2 then sprays cop 1. Cop 1 sues.

Exclamation NYC-Cop 1 pepper sprays cop 2 accidentally during arrest. Cop 2 then sprays cop 1. Cop 1 sues.

Cop Was Maliciously Peppered Sprayed by Fellow Cop, Now He’s Suing for $5m

By John Vibes on October 30, 2014

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nyp...-spraying-cop/

Harlem, NY — The blue code of silence and gang loyalty fades away quickly when police engage in violence with one another. It doesn’t usually matter whether that violence is intentional or accidental, when cops are victims of violence they take it very seriously, even if the perpetrator is one of their own.

Recently, it was reported that NYPD Officer Jacy Reese lured one of his co-workers into a secluded area in Harlem where he attacked the other officer with pepper-spray.

Officer Warner Gomez claims that Reese was angry with him because he was inadvertently pepper-sprayed during a separate incident where both officers were attempting to arrest a suspect. During the scuffle, Gomez attempted to subdue the suspect with pepper-spray, but Reese was caught in the crossfire.

25 minutes after the arrest, Reese called Gomez to retrieve a pair of handcuffs that were used at the scene of the arrest. However, when Gomez met up with Reese, Reese stepped out of his vehicle, walked up to the other police car, and blasted Gomez point blank in the face with pepper-spray.

After spraying him, Reese allegedly shouted “Do you think it’s funny to spray other officers?”

According to the police report, “Both marked police vehicles were parallel parked next to each other, Police Officer Reese motioned for them to park ahead of his vehicle…Reese stepped out of his marked police vehicle and walked up to (Gomez) who was seated in the other (squad car) in the passenger seat.”

Gomez was later treated at St. Luke’s Hospital in New York City.

Following the incident, Gomez attempted to talk about the attack with his superiors, but they told him to stay silent because they did not want him to create bad press for the department.

According to Eric Sanders, Gomez’s attorney, officials at the NYPD told Gomez that he would be considered a “rat” and would ruin his career if he went public about the attack.

“The NYPD culture is so blinded by the ‘Blue Wall of Silence,’ they even covered for this bad apple who does not deserve to be a police officer. If Officer Reese committed this criminal act upon his colleague, God knows what he has done to members of the public,” Sanders said in a statement.

At one point, Gomez was told to engage in physical combat to settle the issue with his co-worker.

“My own union delegate told me to take the matter into my own hands and fight it out in the boxing ring,” Gomez said.

The pending lawsuit is seeking $5 million in damages, and officer Reese has been reassigned to desk duty, where he has been stripped of his badge and gun. However, he is still collecting a paycheck from the police department.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

SO he wants $5 million for $#@! they do to people (mundanes) on a daily basis?

Doesn't feel so good when you are on the other end of it huh...

Well this bitch thinks you are being out of line...

Last edited by Mani; 10-30-2014 at 11:13 PM.

lol @ "New York's Finest"

How about "New York's stupidest gang"? Or is that hate speech now?

Or maybe "That sexual orientation that's even worse than homosexuality?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post

What is the recommended treatment for irony poisoning?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Ok. Ill play.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Movies must be a different kind of affair altogether where you are. Drumsticks are more "State Fair" around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    25 minutes after the arrest, Reese called Gomez to retrieve a pair of handcuffs that were used at the scene of the arrest. However, when Gomez met up with Reese, Reese stepped out of his vehicle, walked up to the other police car, and blasted Gomez point blank in the face with pepper-spray.
    Haaaaa.

I wish there was video of this, I would watch it on loop all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Haaaaa.

I wish there was video of this, I would watch it on loop all day.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Doesn't this violate their stupid Lil thin blue line?
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

It would be funny if it wasn't on the tax payers dime.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

i say all those involved should be forced to retire with $200,000 a year pensions....that would show them i tell ya...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Ah, the good old days when two stupid Keystone Kops didn't cost the taxpayers five million dollars plus lawyer fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.