Thread: Medical Establisment using Ebola fears to push Flu shots

Medical Establisment using Ebola fears to push Flu shots

Fever? Headache? Muscle aches? Forget about Ebola — chances are astronomically higher that you have the flu or some other common bug.

That message still hasn't reached many Americans, judging from stories ER doctors and nurses swapped this week at a Chicago medical conference. Misinformed patients with Ebola-like symptoms can take up time and resources in busy emergency rooms, and doctors fear the problem may worsen when flu season ramps up.

That's one reason why doctors say this year it's especially important for patients to get their flu shots: Fewer flu cases could mean fewer Ebola false alarms.
    cont.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...-shot-26574214

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny you should post this. I was just at a meeting and this came up. The health authorities and hospitals are really worried that they are going to be overwhelmed with false alarm "ebola" cases when the flu season hits. They are hoping the flu shots will stave it off somewhat. I think it will fail.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Don't forget the President signing EO to detain citizens who have respiratory issues.

Obama Signs Executive Order to Allow Detention of Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’
    http://www.infowars.com/obama-signs-...ory-illnesses/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Seems that this year's vaccine is almost identical to last year's, with a slight change to the H3N2 strain.

The 2013-2014 trivalent influenza vaccine was made from the following three viruses:

an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
    an A(H3N2) virus antigenically like the cell-propagated prototype virus A/Victoria/361/2011;
    a B/Massachusetts/2/2012-like virus.
    http://www.cdc.gov/flu/pastseasons/1314season.htm
    The WHO Vaccine Composition Meeting for the 2014-2015 season was held February 17 -19, 2014 at WHO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. On February 20, the Meeting recommended that trivalent vaccines for use in the Northern Hemisphere 2014-15 influenza season contain the following:

an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
    an A/Texas/50/2012 (H3N2)-like virus;
    a B/Massachusetts/2/2012-like virus.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/...-selection.htm
    Early this year, a B-variant went around. It was not included in the standard trivalent vaccine, although it might be in the quadrivalent, which includes the B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus (same in last year and this year vaccine).

What flu viruses circulated this season?

During the 2013-2014 season, influenza A (H3N2), 2009 influenza A (H1N1), and influenza B viruses circulated in the United States. 2009 H1N1 viruses predominated overall during the 2013-14 flu season, though influenza B viruses became the predominant virus nationally later in the season and caused an increase in influenza-like-illness in parts of the northeast especially. After several recent influenza A (H3N2)–predominant seasons, 2013-14 was the first pH1N1–predominant season since the 2009 pH1N1 pandemic.
    Bad news is that they did not identify the late season B outbreak, as it occurred after they stopped tracking for the season. So that variant is still not in this year's standard trivalent vaccine.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Oddly enough this showed up on my Pinterest feed today. Whatever, I've never received a flu shot and I've only had it 2 or 3 times as an adult. Last year I got really sick from it (ended up with bronchitis) but that was because I didn't take care of myself. This year, I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oddly enough this showed up on my Pinterest feed today. Whatever, I've never received a flu shot and I've only had it 2 or 3 times as an adult. Last year I got really sick from it (ended up with bronchitis) but that was because I didn't take care of myself. This year, I'm ready.

Me too!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Funny you should post this. I was just at a meeting and this came up. The health authorities and hospitals are really worried that they are going to be overwhelmed with false alarm "ebola" cases when the flu season hits. They are hoping the flu shots will stave it off somewhat. I think it will fail.
    Well it is designed to fail so yes it will hehe..

Basic immunology and microbiology dictates that viral RNA polymerases such as the one for flu viruses are very mistake-prone and do not proofread and so mutations are not only likely but happen very very rapidly.. We cannot vaccinate effectively against such a virus and they only choose like 4 strains out of a hat of thousands or millions lol..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Well it is designed to fail so yes it will hehe..

Basic immunology and microbiology dictates that viral RNA polymerases such as the one for flu viruses are very mistake-prone and do not proofread and so mutations are not only likely but happen very very rapidly.. We cannot vaccinate effectively against such a virus and they only choose like 4 strains out of a hat of thousands or millions lol..
    One of several reasons I don't get a flu shot. Chances are that if a 1918-style pandemic hits, the vaccine they have in the can will be useless. IF there is a serious pandemic and IF they get a vaccine online for the specific strain in a timely manner (probably only possible if the virus goes around twice) I will take it. Otherwise, I'll take my chances.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.