Thread: Who to vote for?

Who to vote for?

I recently moved to the Seattle area from Michigan and just got my ballot the other day. Looking at the candidates, it's nothing but democrats or republicans, and nobody is running in my districts that's on the voter guide. Anyone know of any write-ins? I have the US 2nd congressional district, and 21st state district.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both sides are right. The other guy shouldn't be in office.

Oh, oh... I know the answer to that riddle! (post #2)

Ask one of them if the other one is telling the truth, then vote for the Libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    I recently moved to the Seattle area from Michigan and just got my ballot the other day. Looking at the candidates, it's nothing but democrats or republicans, and nobody is running in my districts that's on the voter guide. Anyone know of any write-ins? I have the US 2nd congressional district, and 21st state district.
    I don't know of any libertarians in your district and of course you are now familiar with the bull$#@! "top 2" initiative that was passed after we libertarians gained "major party" status in 2000....

write yourself in. i'll be doing that in my district as the republican congressional candidate totally sucks (more than the democrat, imo).
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Generally speaking the Republican is better than a Democrat, but theres always nuances and exceptions.

Who you vote for is a very important decision, so I'm glad you're giving it the careful thought it deserves.

In a pinch though, you could just vote straight Republican down the line. Works well for me most of the time, your mileage may differ.

With the exception of a Ron Paul or Justin Amish type republican, I don't see the difference between either republican or democrat. It doesn't look like that type of Republican is running for any office I can vote for. There also are no Libertarians on the ballot, or listed on the Washington Libertarian Party website. I would rather write some one in who has some principles, than some republican or democrat that that will bend to every lobbyist. If all else fails, I will just leave that part of the ballot blank, then to give these guys some sort of approval. I wish there was a none of the above option.

my rep is delbene, and she is actually good on a few items like audit the fed, defund nsa, perhaps a favorable view of peace, and a few more civil liberty items. she replies to emails. but she's a d w/certain d tendencies. her opponent is a neocon that we tried to have adopt a more reasonable approach, but failed.

I can't vote for either one.

i'll have at least two write-in votes for congress this year.

sans libertarians on the ballot (and there are a lot of us here), you're a good candidate.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    I know I'm replying to your note two years late, but what the heck...

I wasn't reading the Ron Paul Forums two years ago, but I was on the ballot in the general election for the 2nd Congressional District in 2014. I was the Republican challenging incumbent Rick Larsen. I lost the election, but got right at 40% of the vote.

Are you talking about the voter guide provided by the County/State, or some other voter guide? I should have been in the one provided by the County/State.

I'm not running in 2016, but there are at least three challengers for Rick Larsen this time around: A Republican (Marc Hennemann), A Libertarian (Brian Luke), and a Bernie Democrat (Mike Lapointe). I actually know all three of them, as I've meet them on the campaign trial and at various events over the past few years.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.