Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian priest tells UN: "Israel is the only Mideast country not persecuting Christians"

Christian priest tells UN: "Israel is the only Mideast country not persecuting Christians"

Christian priest tells UN: "Israel is the only Mideast country not persecuting Christians"

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone forget to mention Syria, Iraq, Lebanon. Ofc the gulf Sunni dominated states is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Someone forget to mention Syria, Iraq, Lebanon. Ofc the gulf Sunni dominated states is a different story.
    I think they were talking about the current state of affairs. With the current state of affairs, Bashar has pretty much lost control of a lot of areas. Iraq is the same story as Syria. Iraq is pretty much Christian free in most places right now. ISIS is actually starting to "push" on Lebanon as well. Egypt is feeling it too. A lot of Christians were run out of Egypt under the Morsi regime.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Indeed. Voices Of Martyrs has documented similar stories and some much more brutal in Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Lol. Ya Israel and their backers here in the states have nothing to do with what has happened in the Middle East over that past few decades.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Under "Occupation", Palestinian Christians Face Potential Extinction

A Holy Land Without Christians?

Prior to 1948, Christians accounted for nearly 20 percent of the population of what is now Israel/Palestine. Today that figure is less than 2 percent. Even more dramatic are declines in the West Bank cities of Ramallah and Bethlehem. Christian populations are nearly extinct in these locations compared to their respective majorities of 90 and 80 percent prior to 1948.

Vatican blame Israeli ‘occupation’ as big reason for Christian exodus

"Operation Ikrit and Biram" history: And all they left us was the church

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx153bakIdQ

Israeli court OKs separation barrier through Vatican properties in West Bank Christian town

Ron Paul: Israel Created Hamas

ADL: Anti-Semitism persistent among Arab Christians

Palestinian Christian leader in Canada: Shoot Israeli Jews if they don’t leave Jerusalem

Syrian Christians: The Next Victim Of Obama’s Syrian Policy

Bishops blame Israeli ‘occupation’ as big reason for Christian exodus

by nicole winfield, the associated press

vatican city | Bishops summoned to the Vatican to discuss the flight of Christians from the Middle East have blamed the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for spurring much of the exodus and warned that the consequences could be devastating for the birthplace of Christianity.
    Some bishops have singled out the emergence of fanatical Islam for the flight. But others have directly or indirectly accused Israel of discriminating against Arab Christians and impeding solutions to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
    In fact, the working document of the two-week synod accused the Israeli “occupation” of Palestinian territories for creating difficulties in everyday life for Palestinian Christians, including their religious life since their access to holy sites is dependent on Israeli military permission.

Pope Benedict XVI (center) leads mass in St. Peter’s Basilica for the Oct. 10 opening of a Vatican summit of Middle East bishops. photo/ap/andrew medichini

Pope Benedict XVI called the council to try to encourage Christians in the largely Muslim region, where the Catholic Church has long been a minority and is shrinking as a result of war, conflict, discrimination and economic problems. In Iraq alone, Catholics represented 2.89 percent of the population in 1980; by 2008 they were just .89 percent. In Israel, home to important Christian holy sites, Catholics made up 3.8 percent of the population in 1980; by 2008 they were just 1.82 percent.
    Some 185 bishops are taking part in the synod from Latin and Eastern rite Catholic churches across the region and from the diaspora. In addition, a rabbi and two Muslim imams were scheduled to address the synod.
    Patriarch Gregory III, archbishop of the Greek-Melkites in Damascus, Syria, said fundamentalist movements such as Hamas or Hezbollah had been borne from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and warned Oct. 11 that the resulting flight of Christians would make a “society with only one color: only Muslim.”
    He added: “Should this happen, should the East be emptied of its Christians, this would mean that any occasion would be propitious for a new clash of cultures, of civilizations and even of religions, a destructive clash between the Muslim Arab East and the Christian West.”
    American Cardinal John Foley, a longtime Vatican official who now raises money to support Christian sites in the Holy Land, also said the conflict had contributed to the growth of Islamic fundamentalism but blamed Israeli policies specifically.
    “While many including the Holy See have suggested a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian crisis, the more time passes, the more difficult such a solution becomes, as the building of Israeli settlements and Israeli-controlled infrastructure in east Jerusalem and in other parts of the West Bank make increasingly difficult the development of a viable and integral Palestinian state,” he told the gathering.

Rabbi David Rosen, head of interreligious affairs for the American Jewish Committee, said he expected some degree of blame would be voiced against Israel during the synod. But he said he thought the Vatican had done a responsible job in containing it and trying to ensure that the synod “is not totally politically hijacked by the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”

http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/...istian-exodus/

Guess this guy doesn't know that Palestinian Christians exist and get persecuted as their fellow Palestinian Muslim countrymen by the tyranny of the Israeli state.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Proof right there,, that a Priest can be a $#@!ing liar.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Maybe the Israelis aren't persecuting Christians but this doesn't change the fact that most of them rank Jesus right up there with Hitler on the most hated enemies list.
    Last edited by DFF; 10-30-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Israelis view Christians as useful dupes, willing to pay to see the "Holy Land" and pressure the US government to give billions in stolen money to the regime. The second that usefulness ends, Christians will find themselves under the bus with everyone else.
    Last edited by Acala; 10-30-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Israelis view Christians as useful dupes, willing to pay to see the "Holy Land" and pressure the US government to give billions in stolen money to the regime. The second that usefulness ends, Christians will find themselves under the bus with everyone else.
    This is insanely true. They also donate to "poor" Israeli holocaust victims, that never see a dime of that money and mostly don't exist.

There you have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Christians really aren't treated well by the Jews in Israel (thought that was common knowledge), especially the ultra orthodox, they hate the Christians. Even Messianic Jews come under attack from them.

When I lived in Jordan, the Christians lived harmoniously with the Muslims, there were gorgeous Churches just a block away from large Mosques, and I saw no fighting, or stereotyping. In fact there are many incidents of Christians standing with Muslims protesting Israeli aggression.

And not to open a $#@!-storm, but Christians were not slain en masse in Iraq or Syria. I saw so many images of dead Children, mass executions, even crucifixion, and all these neocon sites said they were Christians, but upon watching the actual videos, the people for example blamed Shabiha (Allawis) for the dead children, the crucifixion was for militants against IS, mass executions almost always Iraqi or Syrian regime fighters... like I don't get the idea Christians were just slaughtered like crazy, they fled because they didn't like IS, that doesn't mean IS was going to kill them.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    Christians really aren't treated well by the Jews in Israel (thought that was common knowledge), especially the ultra orthodox, they hate the Christians. Even Messianic Jews come under attack from them.

When I lived in Jordan, the Christians lived harmoniously with the Muslims, there were gorgeous Churches just a block away from large Mosques, and I saw no fighting, or stereotyping. In fact there are many incidents of Christians standing with Muslims protesting Israeli aggression.

And not to open a $#@!-storm, but Christians were not slain en masse in Iraq or Syria. I saw so many images of dead Children, mass executions, even crucifixion, and all these neocon sites said they were Christians, but upon watching the actual videos, the people for example blamed Shabiha (Allawis) for the dead children, the crucifixion was for militants against IS, mass executions almost always Iraqi or Syrian regime fighters... like I don't get the idea Christians were just slaughtered like crazy, they fled because they didn't like IS, that doesn't mean IS was going to kill them.
    I'm pretty sure you're right, but the main reason I'm commenting is to let you know that I love your signature.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In reviewing some of the posts in this thread, I see that Israel is in fact "persecuting Christians," to deport a Christian for alleged violations of his Visa conditions, that is seemingly only done because of his religion is wrong and "persecution." I guess the Priest would be better spoken had he said: "Israel is the only Mideast country not cutting the heads off Christians." http://www.catholic.org/news/interna...y.php?id=56339

Quote Originally Posted by Leaning Libertarian View Post
    In reviewing some of the posts in this thread, I see that Israel is in fact "persecuting Christians," to deport a Christian for alleged violations of his Visa conditions, that is seemingly only done because of his religion is wrong and "persecution." I guess the Priest would be better spoken had he said: "Israel is the only Mideast country not cutting the heads off Christians." http://www.catholic.org/news/interna...y.php?id=56339
    ...yet
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

On an unrelated historic note, anyone knows if Christ was persecuted and crucified for his beliefs on same land where Israel exists today?
    It's been long time since saw Mel Gibson's movie Passion of Christ and vaguely recall it was some part of mideast holy land.

Caption: Anti-Israel graffiti on the Israeli security wall in Bethlehem. The wall comes under heavy criticism from those who claim it cuts off Palestinian communities from one another. From March 10-14, the Bethlehem Bible College and Holy Land Trust host the anti-Israel “Christ at the Checkpoint” conference.
    Credit: Garry Walsh via Wikimedia Commons.

Pope prayed at this section of Gaza wall. The biggest open-air prison in the world since the fall of the Berlin Wall

Anyone remotely familiar with American Christianity knows about the good relations it has with Israel. Of course, many on this site would rather search for obscure links in order to justify their dislike for Israel/Jews.

Thats strange... I thought

Ultra-Orthodox young men curse and spit at Christian clergymen in the streets of Jerusalem’s Old City as a matter of routine.
    http://warincontext.org/2011/11/05/b...-in-jerusalem/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Anyone remotely familiar with American Christianity knows about the good relations it has with Israel. Of course, many on this site would rather search for obscure links in order to justify their dislike for Israel/Jews.
    What on earth is "American" Christianity as opposed to Christianity.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Anyone remotely familiar with American Christianity knows about the good relations it has with Israel.
    When American Christians go to Israel to proselytize Jews there, they get persecuted.

As an American Christian, i am just as in favor of Jews hearing of Christ as I am of any other group. It is a fact that there is some persecution of Christians in Israel. The "American Christians" who are on good relations with Israel, are largely the ones who feel that everyone needs to accept Christ, except the Jews. I happen to feel the truth of Christ is important to everyone in the world, including Jews and Muslims equally.

Ted Cruz basically spat on the true Christians in the Middle east who understand the reality. And he was applauded by sheeple Christians who think Jews don't need Jesus, and Muslims need bombs. I am sick of the double standard. It seems like everyone feels the need to pick a side between the Jews and the Muslims, or the Israelis and the Arabs. Why can't Christians just agree that everybody needs the message of Jesus, and it can only be delivered by peace, not by bombs or foreign aid?
    Last edited by William Tell; 11-10-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When American Christians go to Israel to proselytize Jews there, they get persecuted.
    By the government? No. Mainly by Muslims living within Israel and a few radical Jews.

There is never going to be perfect religious freedom anywhere.

By the government? No. Mainly by Muslims living within Israel and a few radical Jews.

There is never going to be perfect religious freedom anywhere.
    Yes, by the government.

What's your source for saying it's mainly by Muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    As an American Christian, i am just as in favor of Jews hearing of Christ as I am of any other group. It is a fact that there is some persecution of Christians in Israel. The "American Christians" who are on good relations with Israel, are largely the ones who feel that everyone needs to accept Christ, Jews. I happen to feel the truth of Christ is important to everyone in the world, including Jews and Muslims equally.

Ted Cruz basically spat on the true Christians in the Middle east who understand the reality. And he was applauded by sheeple Christians who think Jews don't need Jesus, and Muslims need bombs. I am sick of the double standard. It seems like everyone feels the need to pick a side between the Jews and the Muslims, or the Israelis and the Arabs. Why can't Christians just agree that everybody needs the message of Jesus, and it can only be delivered by peace, not by bombs or foreign aid?
    That double standard is mainly just a false perception. Christians who supported wars in the Middle East (wrongly, in my view) didn't do so because they wanted Muslims to die, but they wanted the tyranny of Islam to be removed.

Yes, by the government.

What's your source for saying it's mainly by Muslims?
    That's simply a fantasy. Thousands of churches go to spread their message each year with no obstruction. Even the article you posted stated that missionary work is legal in Israel. Individual cases of corruption do not equal policy.

From the source heavenlyboy cited earlier:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ch...profit-113877/

Shas seeks harsher punishment for missionaries

Led by Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, party proposes bill to completely forbid proselytism in Israel, sentence violators to one year in prison
    Neta Sela
    Published: 03.14.07, 00:21 / Israel News

A war on missionaries was declared Tuesday when Shas faction head MK Yakov Margi proposed a bill stating that Israel's laws against proselytism should be aggravated

Backed by six other faction members and in concordance with Shas' spiritual leader, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef's instructions, Margi proposed the sentence for preaching conversion should be one year imprisonment.
    "Every time he (Rabbi Ovadia Yosef) hears of a case where someone falls into missionary hands, he feels great sadness and asks us to try and save at least one soul in Israel," said Margi.
    "Whether it's Christians coming from abroad or Jewish converts working in Israel, they all have the same agenda – to destroy every trace and memory of the people of Israel, and they plan to do this by converting Jews. These bodies are operating mainly among the Jewish population which is under physical, social and spiritual distress," said the proposal.

Currently, Israeli law deals with conversion on two levels. Firstly, anyone offering money or material products in exchange for conversion faces five years in prison or a monetary fine. The person on the accepting end of the offer also faces a certain punishment.

On the second level, regarding minors, anyone acting in favor of or conducting a conversion ceremony on a minor, faces six month in jail.
    Full article here: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...376215,00.html
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

^The Shas hold 11 out of 120 Knesset seats and as the article mentioned, a total of seven support the bill. Proposing a bill doesn't mean it will be passed. And even this bill pales in comparison to many surrounding countries, where not only is it illegal to convert someone, but it illegal to convert on your own accord.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast