Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nurse refuses quarantine, State seeks to force her isolation

Nurse refuses quarantine, State seeks to force her isolation

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/29/health...html?hpt=hp_t1

"And on Tuesday, state health commissioner Mary Mayhew said, "If an individual who came in direct contact with Ebola patients has returned to Maine and is not willing to avoid public contact and stay in their home voluntarily during the period they are at some risk, we will take additional measures and pursue appropriate authority to ensure they make no public contact."

I fully support the state in forcefully placing this nurse under quarantine. This may be heresy at RPF, but personal liberty does have limits.
    Last edited by rpfocus; 10-29-2014 at 06:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I also agree because

1) Its a 21 day quarantine.. its not like she will be locked up for life.
    2) The state/feds are not targeting random people, they are targeting people who have gone to infected (or recently cured) countries. *of course, we might start quarantining people who come from Dallas or New York if it gets any serious. It is a slippery slope*

The most important point is... if the $#@! hits the fan and everyone starts to mass panic, you can bet Obama will initiate Martial Law and States initiate curfew and we will lose all our rights.

send this Typhoid Mary to Washington, D.C.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

alucard13mm

and what gives the federal government the authority to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    alucard13mm

and what gives the federal government the authority to do this?
    I was under the impression that the governors of the states were enacting quarantine. NJ and NY used quarantine procedures, but backed off (probably a combination of the nurse lawsuit and interference/threats from the feds).

I also read that California has just implemented a similar policy.

"Anyone arriving in California from an Ebola-affected area and who has had personal contact with a person infected with the deadly virus will be quarantined for 21 days, according to an order issued Wednesday by the state's public health director."

The federal government has failed to protect our borders to be honest .... up to the states to do it.

She knowingly went to a place where she could contract a deadly, communicable disease, placing herself at risk of death, which is fully within her rights. she wishes to return to the general population who did not knowingly wish to be in close proximity to a communicable, deadly disease. Our right to not be fully informed and to not be at risk for the contraction of the deadly disease prevail since she knowingly, actively put herself in harms way and her return to the general population would put the general population at risk of death without their knowledge or consent. Therefore, a 21-day quarantine should be mandatory and part of the pre-travel-to-hotspot disclosure to anyone wishing to go to WA/Ebola hot spot.

TLDR: you chose to get up close and personal with Ebola; I didn't.

$20 says she never got so hot and bothered at the TSA gate rapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $20 says she never got so hot and bothered at the TSA gate rapers.
    /thread

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Self-quarantine is always best...

Otherwise it might go like this
    if no Ebola infection is present:

A woman approaches holding a large
    black bag as two larger, men come
    up from behind and suddenly grab
    on from both sides. They're wearing
    N95 masks and are both very strong.

Arms are held down as bag goes over
    the head. Whisked into an unmarked
    van (one shoe falls off and is left
    there on the street). The door
    slams shut as the van speeds off.

There is a brief unpleasant struggle
    followed by an immediate loss of
    consciousness due to rudely
    administered sedation via
    suppository.

+++

Wakes up 22 days later wearing
    only a paper jump suit. An envelope
    containing $40 cash, a slip of paper
    with a printed street address and
    what appears a newly cut (copied)
    house key has been attached to
    one wrist with a rubber band.

Luckily, a cab is just pulling out
    and headed the right way to
    notice... "Hey buddy, Do you
    need a ride?"

No memory of the past three
    weeks (after that initial abduction).

Not a single mark showing the
    use of restraints or any rough
    treatment other than noticing
    the telltale itchiness probably
    due to the fact ALL body hair
    has been completely shaved off!

WTF?

Wallet (or purse) with house keys
    are later found inside locked home
    or apartment. Car has been
    moved home too, it's locked
    and the interior has been
    wiped clean. Nothing is missing
    except for the past three weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Self-quarantine is always best...

Otherwise it might go like this
    if no Ebola infection is present:

A woman approaches holding a large
    black bag as two larger, men come
    up from behind and suddenly grab
    on from both sides. They're wearing
    N95 masks and are both very strong.

Arms are held down as bag goes over
    the head. Whisked into an unmarked
    van (one shoe falls off and is left
    there on the street). The door
    slams shut as the van speeds off.

There is a brief unpleasant struggle
    followed by an immediate loss of
    consciousness due to rudely
    administered sedation via
    suppository.

+++

Wakes up 22 days later wearing
    only a paper jump suit. An envelope
    containing $40 cash, a slip of paper
    with a printed street address and
    what appears a newly cut (copied)
    house key has been attached to
    one wrist with a rubber band.

Luckily, a cab is just pulling out
    and headed the right way to
    notice... "Hey buddy, Do you
    need a ride?"

No memory of the past three
    weeks (after that initial abduction).

Not a single mark showing the
    use of restraints or any rough
    treatment other than noticing
    the telltale itchiness probably
    due to the fact ALL body hair
    has been completely shaved off!

WTF?

Wallet (or purse) with house keys
    are later found inside locked home
    or apartment. Car has been
    moved home too, it's locked
    and the interior has been
    wiped clean. Nothing is missing
    except for the past three weeks...
    Sounds like an alien abduction.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    send this Typhoid Mary to Washington, D.C.
    Typhoid Mary isn't even from Maine. I'm in Maine.

She's CDC. She was working for the SPY Wing of the CDC a year ago.

This is a psyop.

I'm in Maine. I don't want her here. Put her back in Las Vegas with the CDC.

http://www.uta.edu/utamagazine/archi...sing-graduate/

"CIA of public health"

It just made sense to pursue a two-year postgraduate fellowship in applied epidemiology with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Las Vegas.

Think of the CDCP’s Epidemic Intelligence Service as the CIA of public health.
    EIS teams respond to crises such as the West Nile virus and the pandemic H1N1 influenza outbreak. Hickox ’02 will work with the country’s top epidemiologists to analyze and improve health and disease surveillance.

Hickox says. “My training in the EIS with the CDC will allow me to learn the gold standard of this kind of work.”

Released Ebola Nurse Kaci Hickox Works For CDC…Her Lawyer Is A White House Visitor
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/27/re...house-visitor/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Ah, so now we see...

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    She knowingly went to a place where she could contract a deadly, communicable disease, placing herself at risk of death, which is fully within her rights. she wishes to return to the general population who did not knowingly wish to be in close proximity to a communicable, deadly disease. Our right to not be fully informed and to not be at risk for the contraction of the deadly disease prevail since she knowingly, actively put herself in harms way and her return to the general population would put the general population at risk of death without their knowledge or consent. Therefore, a 21-day quarantine should be mandatory and part of the pre-travel-to-hotspot disclosure to anyone wishing to go to WA/Ebola hot spot.

TLDR: you chose to get up close and personal with Ebola; I didn't.

ya that makes sense....Normally what's the tag line for a libertarian? Do whatever you want and be left alone, unless you are harming others. Well this seems like an instance where there's a possible very fatal risk toward others.....There's still a slippery slope here....the "risk of harming others" could be watered down and we could find ourselves being quarantined and freedoms removed for mundane risks. But in this instance it makes sense to take precaution.

And Home quarantine sounds pretty nice compared to being locked in an airtight controlled cell.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know, I'm having a hard time actually justifying this even though I obviously understand why pragmatically its a good idea. I really dislike violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    ya that makes sense....Normally what's the tag line for a libertarian? Do whatever you want and be left alone, unless you are harming others. Well this seems like an instance where there's a possible very fatal risk toward others.....There's still a slippery slope here....the "risk of harming others" could be watered down and we could find ourselves being quarantined and freedoms removed for mundane risks. But in this instance it makes sense to take precaution.

And Home quarantine sounds pretty nice compared to being locked in an airtight controlled cell.

She works for the CDC. The CDC doesn't like quarantines, for some really crazy reason.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    ... She was working for the SPY Wing of the CDC a year ago. This is a psyop.

... Think of the CDCP’s Epidemic Intelligence Service as the CIA of public health...”
    Nailed it! (traced her back up into the hands of the puppet masters)

There is a thin grey line between SOP manipulative psyop fear circus (via gov/media propaganda organs)
    and "authorities" researching/testing public reaction/cooperation with contingency plans for pandemic control.

On one side there's knowledge, arrogance and best intentioned power that's subject to corruption, special
    interests and moral hazards. They tend to view the great unwashed mundane masses as stupid putty. Don't worry, "they got this!"

On the other side, most subjects are clueless game pieces just trying to make sense of all the propaganda
    and somehow get along using the fiat money, government education and MSM information that they are given.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Nailed it! (traced her back up into the hands of the puppet masters)

There is a thin grey line between SOP manipulative psyop fear circus (via gov/media propaganda organs)
    and "authorities" researching/testing public reaction/cooperation with contingency plans for pandemic control.

On one side there's knowledge, arrogance and best intentioned power that's subject to corruption, special
    interests and moral hazards. They tend to view the great unwashed mundane masses as stupid putty. Don't worry, "they got this!"

On the other side, most subjects are clueless game pieces just trying to make sense of all the propaganda
    and somehow get along using the fiat money, government education and MSM information that they are given.
    What we're looking at here is the worst. I hate this the most.

The CDC wants more money. Some think that Ebola vaccine sales are a driving force here.

We have a EIS/CDC spy pretending to be a normal nurse.

I'm in Maine - our "news media" isn't mentioning that she just spent 2 years getting spy training from the CDC.

Our National Committeeman in Maine, Mark Willis "our guy" the Ron Paul guy, who we elected - was INSCOM - or the Army version of the CIA - army intelligence.

In both cases, the people were sent in in order to protect their fundings.

Ron Paul wanted huge military cuts. Willis derails our efforts - in the financial interests of the Army.

The CDC wants an outbreak that they then can ask for more money to control. The states are taking care of it. If the states can knock Ebola out, no need for big new money to the CDC. Kaci comes in with the CDC message "boo, quarantines" playing her taxpayer funded trickster role.

She won't have to worry about the horrors of cat calls for a while at least. PSYOP, PSYOP, PSYOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    She won't have to worry about the horrors of cat calls for a while at least. PSYOP, PSYOP, PSYOP.
    That cat calls thing is interesting. There's been a bunch of stories recently about how modern life is just too difficult for some women, and all behavior that their fragile psyches can't handle should be banned.

Lots of sht in the world today.

Supporting a forced quarantine is incredibly anti-liberty. The woman is asymptomatic; she has not infected anyone. She is not a threat. What crime has she committed to be put under house arrest? People are letting 'caution' and irrational fear get in the way of critical thinking and liberty. Not that this should surprise me given how certain people were calling for military intervention against ISIS. Fear is apparently a very effective tactic to use when you want the citizenry to give up their freedoms.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I read that 13% of people that are infected with Ebola did not exhibit with fever.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...ry.html#page=1

She should not be forced into quarantine. Ethically this is not acceptable. Her rights are being violated. Simple as that.

It is sad even people here don't understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    She should not be forced into quarantine.
    Agreed. Purge her with fire.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Released Ebola Nurse Kaci Hickox Works For CDC…Her Lawyer Is A White House Visitor
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/27/re...house-visitor/
    Ebola health care worker Kaci Hickox, who was released from quarantine with the support of the White House, is a Centers For Disease Control and Prevention employee, records reveal. The lawyer who helped earn her release is a recent White House state dinner guest.
    One might question whether or not this nurse ever really treated an actual Ebola patient.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Agreed. Purge her with fire.
    "It's the only way to be sure."

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One might question whether or not this nurse ever really treated an actual Ebola patient.
    Very good question. As we can see anything being reported by the complicit MSM must be questioned.

They are really stirring up the waters...they want people fighting amongst themselves...just look at this thread for instance. Meanwhile the US government brings deadly diseases to our shores and the pHARMaceutical industry are loving every minute of this.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast