Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Be Offended

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I do not see it as a problem. I see it as a great sadness.

It is not that the perfect sacrifice fails,, in any way..
    but that people fail to accept it.

Faith should not be based on other men (though it very often is),, but Faith should be in God alone.

Pete,

If Jesus died for a person, fully atoned for their sins, and completely satisfied the wrath of God for that person, and that person end up in Hell forever, what benefit or power is there in Christ's blood at all?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Pete,

If Jesus died for a person, fully atoned for their sins, and completely satisfied the wrath of God for that person, and that person end up in Hell forever, what benefit or power is there in Christ's blood at all?
    I guess God is just too weak to actually save everyone, even though he wants to.

And, if any of you guys are saying "that's heresy", you're right. And this is why I reject the Arminian heresy to. Arminianism logically leads to what I said in the first paragraph.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pete,

If a chef created the perfect plate of hors d'oeuvres, and presented them at a party, and someone didn't have any, but everyone else did and experienced the taste sensation of their lives, did that one person reduce the chef to powerlessness and complete ineffectiveness?

I find it hard to believe God thinks the one tree in front of His face is the whole forest.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I guess God is just too weak to actually save everyone, even though he wants to.

And, if any of you guys are saying "that's heresy", you're right. And this is why I reject the Arminian heresy to. Arminianism logically leads to what I said in the first paragraph.
    So instead of admitting that God doesn't save everyone because He's too weak to do it, some people decide He doesn't because He's too hateful to want to. And get upset when some people consider that heresy.

Refusing to force beings to do what they should do and would be good for them isn't weakness. It can actually require inhuman strength. Tyranny is a mighty tempting vice.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-29-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If a chef created the perfect plate of hors d'oeuvres, and presented them at a party, and someone didn't have any, but everyone else did and experienced the taste sensation of their lives, did that one person reduce the chef to powerlessness and complete ineffectiveness?

I find it hard to believe God thinks the one tree in front of His face is the whole forest.
    If a judge completely exonerated you of your capital crime, wouldn't it be wrong if the judge took you out back after the case was adjourned and shot you in the street?

So instead of admitting that God doesn't save everyone because He's too weak to do it, some people decide He doesn't because He's too hateful to want to. And get upset when some people consider that heresy.
    Its not that he's too hateful. Every single person who goes to Hell deserves what they get. God is actually being merciful by delaying their punishment as long as he does. Even making a comment like this implies that at some level you think people deserve grace.

And, I'm not "upset" at all.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

If a judge completely exonerated you of your capital crime, wouldn't it be wrong if the judge took you out back after the case was adjourned and shot you in the street?
    Jesus doesn't shoot the innocent, and He doesn't exonerate the guilty. To say otherwise is something I consider heresy.

Jesus forgives the guilty so they won't decide they've already blown the thing and give up on making themselves less unworthy. For anyone with an ounce of humanity, that's what gives God's divine mercy its overwhelming, tear-inducing beauty.

Is the judge more interested in vengeance or reclamation? Are you sure you've got the right judge?

Its not that he's too hateful. Every single person who goes to Hell deserves what they get. God is actually being merciful by delaying their punishment as long as he does. Even making a comment like this implies that at some level you think people deserve grace.

And, I'm not "upset" at all.
    If people deserved Grace, the love behind it would not be so incredibly beautiful. And if God micromanages us into Hell--especially Dante's Hell of eternal torment--'being merciful' is an odd description for delaying the descent a few years.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-29-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Pete,

I think that the argument you guys make is logical. It makes sense. However, I just think there are far too many passages in the Bible which contradict limited atonement for it to be true. So even though the idea of Christ dying for everyone and only saving some doesn't seem to be as logical as the idea that Christ only died for some and saves everyone he dies for, I think the Biblical evidence has to trump what I as a human being may see as being the most logical position.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I think that the argument you guys make is logical. It makes sense. However, I just think there are far too many passages in the Bible which contradict limited atonement for it to be true. So even though the idea of Christ dying for everyone and only saving some doesn't seem to be as logical as the idea that Christ only died for some and saves everyone he dies for, I think the Biblical evidence has to trump what I as a human being may see as being the most logical position.
    Now, then. This is what faith looks like.

If people deserved Grace, the love behind it would not be so incredibly beautiful. And if God micromanages us into Hell--especially Dante's Hell of eternal torment--'being merciful' is an odd description for delaying the descent a few years.
    Sir, could it be that you are downplaying the seriousness of sin and the wrath of God against that sin?

Sir, could it be that you are downplaying the seriousness of sin and the wrath of God against that sin?
    In your view man isn't even responsible for his sin. God simply predestines his sin and causes that person to sin. So how is that person deserving of being punished for his sin when he didn't choose to sin and has no control over whether or not he sins?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sir, could it be that you are downplaying God's love and the desire that God has for His children to outgrow our pettiness and selfishness?

Jesus is the one who died to redeem some of us. If you want universal vengeance, blame Jesus for sparing some sinners, not me.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-29-2015 at 11:11 AM.

In your view man isn't even responsible for his sin. God simply predestines his sin and causes that person to sin. So how is that person deserving of being punished for his sin when he didn't choose to sin and has no control over whether or not he sins?
    No. Man is responsible for his sin. That would be insane and heretical to say otherwise. Man's responsibility comes from the fact that God is above him and holds him accountable.

No. Man is responsible for his sin. That would be insane and heretical to say otherwise. Man's responsibility comes from the fact that God is above him and holds him accountable.
    God holds man accountable for something God did?

Sir, could it be that you are downplaying God's love and the desire that God has for His children to outgrow our pettiness and selfishness?
    No, I don't downplay any aspect of God's being. But wrath against sin and justice is part of God's nature....and it is the sin in our hearts that downplay this. Because we know deep down we are guilty.

God doesn't sin. Man does.

Furthermore God does not sin in decreeing sin. Why? Because God has a good purpose for decreeing those acts. Also, no one is above Him to hold him accountable to anything.

Why not? S_F, like everyone else, creates God in his own image, because we all lack the knowledge and imagination to do anything more.

Do you really think that if he made a mistake at work, he wouldn't blame an underling if he could? You've been reading his posts long enough to have a clue...

Also, no one is above Him to hold him accountable to anything.
    See what I mean?

God doesn't sin. Man does.

Furthermore God does not sin in decreeing sin. Why? Because God has a good purpose for decreeing those acts. Also, no one is above Him to hold him accountable to anything.
    I get the second part of this, but the first one almost seems like a tacit acceptance of utilitarianism.

I get the second part of this, but the first one almost seems like a tacit acceptance of utilitarianism.
    It could be if man were to do it. But there is a metaphysical and moral distinction between God and man. God is good, man is evil.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It could be if man were to do it. But there is a metaphysical and moral distinction between God and man. God is good, man is evil.
    I agree. So, are you basically saying "having a good reason for decreeing evil" works only if you are God?

God is good and man is evil even when they do the exact same things for the exact same reasons.

God doesn't need excuses like this. God doesn't need evil redefined as good before He can do good. The only thing that needs redefinitions and excuses is heretical dogma.

A righteous Judge would not do such.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Pete,

Because of something you seem to have trouble comprehending.

Free Will
    . Salvation is a Free Gift. Freely offered.. and freely accepted.(or rejected)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

A righteous Judge would not do such.
    True. And God is a righteous judge right?

So how could God completely forgive a man's sin, and yet eternally judge him afterwards?

So how could God completely forgive a man's sin, and yet eternally judge him afterwards?
    Asked and answered. Are you a robot or a man?

Jesus forgives the guilty so they won't decide they've already blown the thing and give up on making themselves less unworthy. For anyone with an ounce of humanity, that's what gives God's divine mercy its overwhelming, tear-inducing beauty.
    But if man makes no effort at all to make himself less unworthy, why would God not toss the clay against a rock?

How many times are you going to ignore the answer and repeat the question this time? Are you a man or a robot?

If God wants to waste His effort giving second chances to those who will not take them, it might not be efficient, but it sure does prove Jesus' claim that God is Love.

Did Jesus ever say God is 100% efficient? Ever?

Because of something you seem to have trouble comprehending.

Free Will
    . Salvation is a Free Gift. Freely offered.. and freely accepted.(or rejected)
    We aren't talking about the will. We are talking about the just judge. How can the judge be just if he condemns the man for something he has already been exonerated for?

Hell was never made for man. The only way a man will end up there is by choice.

Hell was created for the devil, and for those that follow him.
    Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hell was never made for man. The only way a man will end up there is by choice.

Hell was created for the devil, and for those that follow him.
    That verse is not saying "Hell was only made for the devil"

It's saying "this place is so horrible that it was fashioned for the devil. You don't want to go there!"

We aren't talking about the will.
    Yes we are.
    You are making the claim that we have no choice,, no free will,, NO SAY in the matter. That we are saved or condemned with no choice in the matter.

I reject this concept it total.
    I am fully convinced that Free will is the whole purpose of our creation.. That God desires a people that will Love and serve by choice and not by force.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Matthew 25: 41 is talking about a future event, after the judgment. It isn't saying that "hell" has already been created. The word "hell" isn't even mentioned in the verse. (And the word "hell" isn't even in the original Greek/Hebrew Bible at all) People just read things into the verse that aren't there because of the way that they've been programmed by their church.

We aren't talking about the will. We are talking about the just judge. How can the judge be just if he condemns the man for something he has already been exonerated for?
    If you do that one more time, I will post the Mirriam Webster definitions of 'exonerate' and 'forgive' here, rub your noses in them, and declare you to be a false prophet.

That verse is not saying "Hell was only made for the devil"
    And Pete didn't say only the devil will wind up there.

I think I finally get why you're so fascinated by this place. You've spent your whole life blathering in the faces of people who were either too stupid to notice you're putting words in their mouths or too polite and/or too anxious to escape your presence to make you stop it.

And you come here and you can't win an argument to save your life. And you refuse to go away until you figure out why.

Well, now that you know...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-29-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast