Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So I just discovered this about Islam

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    Jihad is to further the cause of Allah.
    Also, under Sharia, a Christian must convert, pay Jizya, leave or die. It's really that simple.
    The Muslims entered conquered lands and assured the people, they did not have to convert, but did impose the jizyah tax as income for the state to pay for the garrisons which protected the non-Muslims because the non-Muslims are exempt from defending the state from attacks.

The west has chosen to make jizyah hyperbolic. They are playing on the fact Muslims don't have to pay the jizyah while ignoring the Muslims have different civic duties meaning they don't pay that tax, but pay another on religious grounds.

Furthermore the jizyah is only applied to males, or military age. You, Miss Annie would pay nothing. This enforces the point it's not a discriminatory tax, its an exemption tax for military service.

Also jihaad is also to spread Islam, you're right. But within the parameters set by Islam. You cannot invade a sovereign nation unless they transgress upon you. Even then if you conquer this land you cannot force anyone to convert under the basis of laa ikraaha fid-deen (there is no compulsion in religion), therefore Islam cannot be spread by the sword. Islam is spread peacefully, those who convert do it if they are impressed by the goodness they find in it, they cannot be forced.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    I have studied Islam for over 5 years. I have worked with many. My boss was one. I would look at the Koran with him. I live in a city with the biggest Muslim Population in the WORLD outside of the ME.
    If you've studied Islam for five years, stop posting links and debate it yourself. I'm not here to sit and refute half of Ali Sina's ridiculous website, others have already done so.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have studied Islam for over 5 years. I have worked with many. My boss was one. I would look at the Koran with him. I live in a city with the biggest Muslim Population in the WORLD outside of the ME.

https://www.raptureready.com/feature...bers/jc87.html
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    If you've studied Islam for five years, stop posting links and debate it yourself. I'm not here to sit and refute half of Ali Sina's ridiculous website, others have already done so.
    . Islam is a false religion, as all are except for Biblical NT Christianity. I'm off to bed. Maybe on my day off I will go over concerns one by one.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

History is not the present. We are talking about what is going on in the present.
    In the present, the most powerful Christian nation on Earth is dropping bombs on brown people all around the globe.

And then claiming they hate us for our freedoms.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    In Islam, crow is one of the five animals for which there is no blame on the one who kills them

BOOOOOOOOO
    It's a good thing then that crows are hard to kill.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

History is not the present. We are talking about what is going on in the present.
    They say those that pay no heed to the past are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. Everything up to this moment will be immediately in the past. I see no evidence that Christians in general have the slightest justification for any moral authority.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-30-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    In the present, the most powerful Christian nation on Earth is dropping bombs on brown people all around the globe.

And then claiming they hate us for our freedoms.
    Indeed, the biggest terrorist organization on the planet, the U.S. government, is elected by a constituency of about 80% Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Indeed, the biggest terrorist organization on the planet, the U.S. government, is elected by a constituency of about 80% Christians.
    80% of this country may claim to Christian, but I seriously doubt half of them are "practicing" their faith or could repeat any other verse than John 3:16. Sometimes I think a lot of them see Jesus this way
    I have always supported measures and principles and not men. I have acted fearless and independent and I never will regret my course. I would rather be politically buried that to be hypochriticalley immortalized.
    Davy Crockett

Look up, get up, and don't ever give up.
    Michael Irvin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Muslims.html
    https://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/...e-out-muslims/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How did an illiterate man with no education (especially not in theology), create an entire religion, with detailed knowledge of past abrahamic prophets and messengers, how did he create a Qur'an in exquisite poetry which moved Arabs such as Umar ibn al Khattab (who was a lover of poetry), when Muhammad ص had no history of being a poet? How did he then convert the Quran into 6 different dialects for the different types of Arabs? Some companions having memorized several dialects of the Quran in their entirety?

These are questions non-believers must ask themselves.
    Meh. Most non-believers think that his wife or her cousin, both literate, actually wrote the Koran. No need to blame it on either God or Satan.

https://www.google.com/#q=Khadija+Waraquah+koran

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Meh. Most non-believers think that his wife or her cousin, both literate, actually wrote the Koran. No need to blame it on either God or Satan.

https://www.google.com/#q=Khadija+Waraquah+koran
    Khadijah died early during revelation, and so did Waraqa bin Naufal.

It would be impossible for them to posthumously be the authors of the Qur'an, because the Qur'an in the same style, and varying dialects carried on well after their deaths speaking on topics which happened after their deaths.

Khadijah died early during revelation, and so did Waraqa bin Naufal.

It would be impossible for them to posthumously be the authors of the Qur'an, because the Qur'an in the same style, and varying dialects carried on well after their deaths speaking on topics which happened after their deaths.
    So say the true believers. The rest of us say nay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran
    According to the traditional narrative, several companions of Muhammad served as scribes and were responsible for writing down the revelations.[10] Shortly after Muhammad's death, the Quran was compiled by his companions who wrote down and memorized parts of it.[11] These codices had differences that motivated the Caliph Uthman to establish a standard version now known as Uthman's codex, which is generally considered the archetype of the Quran we have today. However, the existence of variant readings, with mostly minor and some significant variations, and the early unvocalized Arabic script mean the relationship between Uthman's codex to both the text of today's Quran and to the revelations of Muhammad's time is still unclear.[10]
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-30-2014 at 03:42 PM.

So say the true believers. The rest of us say nay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran
    According to the traditional narrative, several companions of Muhammad served as scribes and were responsible for writing down the revelations.[10] Shortly after Muhammad's death, the Quran was compiled by his companions who wrote down and memorized parts of it.[11] These codices had differences that motivated the Caliph Uthman to establish a standard version now known as Uthman's codex, which is generally considered the archetype of the Quran we have today. However, the existence of variant readings, with mostly minor and some significant variations, and the early unvocalized Arabic script mean the relationship between Uthman's codex to both the text of today's Quran and to the revelations of Muhammad's time is still unclear.[10]
    That has literally nothing to do with Khadijah, or Waraqa being the author of the Qur'an.

I can easily address the so-called variances in the codices if you want though.

That has literally nothing to do with Khadijah, or Waraqa being the author of the Qur'an.

I can easily address the so-called variances in the codices if you want though.
    It has everything to do with the fact that even by your own religion the Koran was not written down directly by Mohammed and then handed of to Islam. His followers compiled it. And frankly I don't believe the claim that Khadijah and Waraqa were dead before the Koran was revealed. If that was the case the Khadijah couldn't have been the first Muslim convert. And then there's the story attributed to Aisha of the part of the Koran that the goat ate. As for what you wish to explain that's up to you. I don't care one way or another. My point is that us "unbelievers" have options other than "the Devil wrote it" or "God wrote it". Now we could be wrong in our ultimate conclusion of option C, but that doesn't mean that option C does not exist.

It has everything to do with the fact that even by your own religion the Koran was not written down directly by Mohammed and then handed of to Islam. His followers compiled it. And frankly I don't believe the claim that Khadijah and Waraqa were dead before the Koran was revealed. If that was the case the Khadijah couldn't have been the first Muslim convert. And then there's the story attributed to Aisha of the part of the Koran that the goat ate. As for what you wish to explain that's up to you. I don't care one way or another. My point is that us "unbelievers" have options other than "the Devil wrote it" or "God wrote it". Now we could be wrong in our ultimate conclusion of option C, but that doesn't mean that option C does not exist.
    No one said Khadijah died before the revelation. She died early in revelation, and this is a concrete historical fact.

As for the hadith about a piece of the Qur'an being eaten by a goat, this is a weak narration, but even if we said it wasn't, the particular verse was not included in the Qur'an since it was revealed, and was taken as an order from Allah not a verse to be written.

So you still have no naturalistic plausible/historical explanations for the revelation of the Qur'an. Everything you've brought up so far, have been misunderstandings on your own part.

No one said Khadijah died before the revelation. She died early in revelation, and this is a concrete historical fact.

As for the hadith about a piece of the Qur'an being eaten by a goat, this is a weak narration, but even if we said it wasn't, the particular verse was not included in the Qur'an since it was revealed, and was taken as an order from Allah not a verse to be written.

So you still have no naturalistic plausible/historical explanations for the revelation of the Qur'an. Everything you've brought up so far, have been misunderstandings on your own part.
    I haven't misunderstood the fact that his companions ultimately "compiled" (wrote down) the Koran. Also the whole idea that it was written by someone who was illiterate is laughable. The definition of literacy is the ability to read and write. So either Mohammed became literate and wrote the Koran or he didn't write it. My guess is that Khadija had both a strong hand in the early writing of the Koran and a strong hand in his learning how to read and write and he continued writing in the only style he knew which was hers.

I haven't misunderstood the fact that his companions ultimately "compiled" (wrote down) the Koran. Also the whole idea that it was written by someone who was illiterate is laughable. The definition of literacy is the ability to read and write. So either Mohammed became literate and wrote the Koran or he didn't write it. My guess is that Khadija had both a strong hand in the early writing of the Koran and a strong hand in his learning how to read and write and he continued writing in the only style he knew which was hers.
    I feel like you don't know anything about the revelation of the Qur'an. Could you please explain how you think it was done?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I feel like you don't know anything about the revelation of the Qur'an. Could you please explain how you think it was done?
    It was written by some literate person or persons. Of that I'm sure. I'll let you fill in the rest.

It was written by some literate person or persons. Of that I'm sure. I'll let you fill in the rest.
    The word Qur'an means "recitation", the Qur'an was not intended as a book. I'll go over the basics here.

A verse would be revealed to Muhammad ص
    He would recite it, and teach it to his companions
    He had several scribes, he would have them write it, to teach other people

When Muhammad ص died, the Qur'an was written, probably a few times over on these fragments. During the first caliph, Abu Bakr's reign, he tasked after the battle of Yamamah in which many Haafiz (people who fully memorized the Qur'an) died, Zayd ibn Thaabit with collecting all those fragments from the scribes, and each fragment needed two credible witnesses to authenticate it was indeed written on the command of the prophet.

This is how the first codex of the Qur'an was compiled.

Uthman, later standardized the harf into the original Qurayshi harf (there were six others, in six other dialects revealed to Muhammad ص). He did this because in foreign lands they would argue over who has the correct version, even though both were correct, to clear up confusion, the original harf was distributed to the conquered provinces.

And that's really the end of the story as simplified as I could make it.

Muhammad's ص literacy makes the Qur'an miraculous because he could not read the Abrahamic scriptures yet the Qur'an is filled with the stories of Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Lot, Job, Noah etc. So in order to naturally explain the existence of the Qur'an we need to find a historical link between highly educated scriptural scholars, and Muhammad ص and even then it does not explain how Muhammad came up with these stories in the form of poetry he did, which was reveered by the Arabs who were very into poetry... and furthermore how did he, Muhammad ص a Qurayshi then give the Qur'an in six different dialects for different Arabs, who were from different tribes? Was Muhammad an Arabic expert and a poet? Where's the historical link?

My point is simple, it would take a committee (even in modern times), to produce something like the Qur'an. You would need at the bare minimum, scholarly knowledge of the biblical scriptures, an expert in Arab poetry, and know many regional dialects of Arabic to disseminate the Qur'an to different Arab tribes.

How did Muhammad ص do it then?
    Last edited by Muwahid; 10-30-2014 at 06:28 PM.

The word Qur'an means "recitation", the Qur'an was not intended as a book. I'll go over the basics here.

A verse would be revealed to Muhammad ص
    He would recite it, and teach it to his companions
    He had several scribes, he would have them write it, to teach other people

When Muhammad ص died, the Qur'an was written, probably a few times over on these fragments. During the first caliph, Abu Bakr's reign, he tasked after the battle of Yamamah in which many Haafiz (people who fully memorized the Qur'an) died, Zayd ibn Thaabit with collecting all those fragments from the scribes, and each fragment needed two credible witnesses to authenticate it was indeed written on the command of the prophet.

This is how the first codex of the Qur'an was compiled.

Uthman, later standardized the harf into the original Qurayshi harf (there were six others, in six other dialects revealed to Muhammad ص). He did this because in foreign lands they would argue over who has the correct version, even though both were correct, to clear up confusion, the original harf was distributed to the conquered provinces.

And that's really the end of the story as simplified as I could make it.

Muhammad's ص literacy makes the Qur'an miraculous because he could not read the Abrahamic scriptures yet the Qur'an is filled with the stories of Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Lot, Job, Noah etc. So in order to naturally explain the existence of the Qur'an we need to find a historical link between highly educated scriptural scholars, and Muhammad ص and even then it does not explain how Muhammad came up with these stories in the form of poetry he did, which was reveered by the Arabs who were very into poetry... and furthermore how did he, Muhammad ص a Qurayshi then give the Qur'an in six different dialects for different Arabs, who were from different tribes? Was Muhammad an Arabic expert and a poet? Where's the historical link?

My point is simple, it would take a committee (even in modern times), to produce something like the Qur'an. You would need at the bare minimum, scholarly knowledge of the biblical scriptures, an expert in Arab poetry, and know many regional dialects of Arabic to disseminate the Qur'an to different Arab tribes.

How did Muhammad ص do it then?
    I have not seen a defense of Islam in such a manner as you have in your replies. To see such a person on these forums is heart warming. Let there be peace amongst all seekers of truth no matter where they seek it; for God is truth, love, and encompasses the infinite infinities. Every religion has it's dark side due to the negativity in human minds. Can you link me to a site on Islam that promotes it in peace as you do?

Quote Originally Posted by TN_VOL View Post
    80% of this country may claim to Christian, but I seriously doubt half of them are "practicing" their faith or could repeat any other verse than John 3:16. Sometimes I think a lot of them see Jesus this way
    Agreed. Which is partly my point. Indicting Islam makes no more sense than indicting Christians, despite cherry picking verses for evidence of encouraged violence.

Quote Originally Posted by westkyle View Post
    I have not seen a defense of Islam in such a manner as you have in your replies. To see such a person on these forums is heart warming. Let there be peace amongst all seekers of truth no matter where they seek it; for God is truth, love, and encompasses the infinite infinities. Every religion has it's dark side due to the negativity in human minds. Can you link me to a site on Islam that promotes it in peace as you do?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by westkyle View Post
    I have not seen a defense of Islam in such a manner as you have in your replies.

I may not agree with Muhawid, but I respect him greatly. He is a good witness for his faith, because he has integrity, good virtues and is meek. He acts more like Christ than do many who call themselves Christians.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

http://www.islamlies.com/

Blunders in the Koran...
    The Koran teaches that the world is flat.This doctrine is believed by Islamic scholars even today. The Bible revealed that the earth is round in Isaiah 40:22. "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth".
    It is also clear in the Qur'an that Muhammad and his Allah thought Moses lived at the time on Noah and that Jesus' mother Mary was Moses' and Aaron's sister.If the Qur'an is a true miracle of God - why is it so filled with historical, scientific and other errors, including simple math? Wouldn't we expect an all-knowing Allah to be better student of history, science and math? Especially if he was getting his information straight from "God Himself"?
    Muhammad had obviously heard some Bible stories, but he seems to have got them confused and mixed up when it came out in his prophetic utterances. It is quite apparent that the Qu'ran is simply the product of hearsay and imperfect editing from a plurality of traditions then known to Muhammad.
    Historical errors in the Qur'an:
    The Historical, Scientific, simple mathematics and theological contradictions in the Qur'an are too numerous to list. Remember, since Muhammad already proclaimed the Jewish Torah/Christian Old Testament (Taurat) as correct in Qur'an 5:46/47 and 43:63 then the following gross errors that differ with the Torah are inexcusable. These errors their selves scream out the Qur'an itself is entirely false. Here are just a few:
    In Sura 2:241 Muhammad confuses the persons of Saul and Gideon.
    In Sura 2:55-60 the Israelites were said to be "a scanty band" vastly inferior to the Egyptians. But in Exodus 1:7-10 the Egyptian king said to his people that the Israelites had become "more and mightier than we".
    The Koran confused the sister of Moses (Miriam) with Mary, the mother of Jesus. In Hebrew, Miriam and Mary are the same names.
    How many angels were talking to Mary? When the Qur'an speaks about the annunciation of the birth of Jesus to the virgin Mary, Sura 3:42,45 speaks about (several) angels while it is only one in Sura 19:17-21. The Christian Bible clearly indicated one angel; "In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth," Luke 1:26
    Muhammad taught that Mary the mother of Jesus was the sister of Aaron and Moses - who lived 1,500 years earlier.
    Do you remember the evil Persian Haman who conspired to kill all the Jews during the time of Esther in the Babylonian captivity. In the Koran, Muhammad incorrectly taught that this wicked man Haman was the prime minister of the Egyptian Pharaoh. Throughout the Quran--Nimrod and Abraham, Haman and Moses, Mary and Aaron, the tower of Babel and Pharaoh were all pictured as living and working together. Moses and the flood are also incorrectly found together. Muhammad thought these all happened at the same time.
    What about Noah's son? According to Sura 21:76, Noah and his family is saved from the flood, and Sura 37:77 confirms that his seed survived. But Sura 11:42-43 reports that Noah's son drowns.
    Sura 7:136, 7:59 say Noah's flood took place in Moses' day. Did anyone tell Moses that?
    Sura 14:37, says Abraham lived in the valley of Mecca. The Bible says he lived in Hebron, Israel. (Genesis 13:18, 23:2, 35:27)
    Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days. But in 41:9-12 the detailed description of the creation procedure adds up to eight days.
    Suras 21:51-71; 37:97,98, says that Abraham was thrown into a fire [by Nimrod]. Nimrod and Abraham did not live at the same time. Muhammad was always mixing people together in the Qur'an who did not live at the same time. The Bible tells us Nimrod lived many centuries before Abraham.
    Sura 6:74, says Abraham (called millata-Ibrahim in the Qur'an) father's name was Azar. The Bible says it was Terah (Genesis 11:27).
    Sura 12:21ff, says the man who bought Joseph was named Aziz. The Bible says it was Potiphar.
    Sura 37:100-112, says Abraham went to sacrifice Ishmael. The Bible says it was Issac.
    Sura 5:73-75,116, Muhammad mistakenly thought the Christian Trinity was 3 gods: the Father, the Mother (Mary), and the Son (Jesus).
    Sura 28:8-9, says is was Pharaoh's wife who adopted Moses. The Bible says it was Pharaoh's daughter.
    Sura 9:10, incorrectly says Zacharias could not speak for only three days.
    Sura 20:87, 95, says the Jews made the golden calf in the wilderness at the suggestion of Samaritans. There were no Samaritans at that time.

Sura 18:85,86, says that Alexander the Great (Zul-qarinain) followed the setting sun and found that it went down into the waters of a muddy spring. Sura 18:89-98 says Alexander the Great was a Muslim and worshipped Allah and lived to an old age. Actually, Alexander the Great died very young and was by no means a Muslim. The Greek, Alexander the Great lived from 356 - 323 B.C. (Before Jesus). He was 33 years old when he died. Muhammad and Islam did not come along till 610 A.D. (after Jesus), when Muhammad began preaching Allah and his new religion in Mecca. This was over 900 years after Alexander the Great died. Yusuf Ali and the Concise Dictionary of Islam confirm that Zul-qarinain in the Quran is Alexander the Great.

The Qur'an also incorrectly says Abrah's army was defeated by birds dropping stones on them. History says Abrah's army withdrew after smallpox broke out. It says; the Kabah was build by Adam and rebuilt by Abraham. It was built by pagans to worship a black rock that fell out of the sky. Abraham never lived in Mecca.
    The Quran says that man was created from a clot of blood..the Torah says man was created from the dust of the ground.
    "Read! In the name of your Lord Who Creates
    Creates man from a clot of blood
    Read! And your Lord is most generous
    Teaches man that which he knew not" Quran 96:1-5

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    I may not agree with Muhawid, but I respect him greatly. He is a good witness for his faith, because he has integrity, good virtues and is meek. He acts more like Christ than do many who call themselves Christians.
    Thats all nice and fuzzy but you are heaping coals of fire on him because you do not stand up to the false religion of Islam.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Haha, jmdrake is literally so ignorant of Islam that it is hilarious that he's even trying to have an intelligent discussion

5. ‘Jesus was never crucified.’

In denying the Crucifixion Islam denies the very reason that Christ came to earth! This belief depends entirely on one infamous verse, sura 4:157: [The Jews said] ”We slew the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, Allah’s messenger’ – they slew him not, nor crucified, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain’. However, it begs several crucial questions, not least is how Muhammad could claim that a historical event did not happen six centuries after it was recorded by many eyewitnesses.

That Jesus died on a cross and rose from the dead is beyond question from the Gospels (‘When they had crucified Him’ (Matt 27:35); ‘With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last’ (Mark 15:37); ‘When they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs’ (John 19:33); ‘The angel said to the women, ‘Do not be afraid, for I know that you were looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here….He has risen from the dead’ (Matt 28:5- 7)) The last passage is especially important for Muslims, who pay particular attention to things that angels say to humans.

Extra-biblical evidence for the reality of the Crucifixion includes the pagan writers Tacitus (‘Christus suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius’) and Lucian the Greek (‘Christians worship the crucified sage’), the Christian apologist Justin Martyr referred to the ‘Acts of Pontius Pilate’ (now lost, but must have chronicled the death of Jesus to have been referred to) and Jewish writers Josephus (‘Pilate condemned Him to be crucified and to die….’) and Babylonian Talmud (‘He was crucified on the eve of the Passover’). Early Christians used the Lord’s Supper and the Cross as symbols of their Master’s sacrifice (I Cor 11:23) and were never in doubt about the reality of the Crucifixion.

Conventionally Muslims have maintained that a substitute man was crucified but this opens a can of worms. Usually it was said to be Judas Iscariot (impossible since he committed suicide, Matt 27:5; Acts 1:18) or Simon of Cyrene (Mark 15:21, impossible since he came from Libya and would have looked very different from Jesus). Why was it even necessary to involve an innocent substitute? Why did the crucified man not cry out that a mistake had been made? Why did Mary recognise him as her Son (John 19:26)? Why would God deceive the disciples, who, the Qur’an tells us were inspired by God and believed in Jesus (sura 5:111), into thinking that Jesus had died and risen again, since this made them realise that Jesus truly was divine (‘declared with power to be the Son of God by His resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord’ (Romans 1:4-5)).

If Jesus was not God, this deception would have caused the disciples to worship another god, which is the greatest sin (shirk) known to Islam. How could God deceive godly men into committing the most ghastly sin imaginable – He is not a deceiver! A further problem is that if the man only appeared like Jesus, perhaps the Qur’an was not even given to Muhammad but to a man who looked like him. Finally, if the substitution theory was correct, if I committed adultery I could escape judgement by claiming that I was actually sleeping with my wife, but she merely looked like another man’s wife, and appeal to the Qur’an for a divine precedent.

The important thing about these criticisms and others is that they have been made by Muslims – particularly the medieval scholar Al-Razi, who wrote the ‘definitive’ commentarty to the Qur’an and is perhaps to Islam what Luther or Aquinas are to Christianity. Since even senior Muslims have problems with sura 4:157, what can we say? The Qur’an talks about Jesus’ death in other places as a historical event, e.g. sura 3:55 ‘Allah said, ‘O Jesus! I am taking thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me’ and sura 5:117 ‘I [Jesus] was a witness of them while I dwelt among them, and when Thou tookest me Thou wast watcher over me’. The Arabic word for ‘take’ (ta-waffa) in these verses means ‘death’ in every other place in the Qur’an where it occurs, e.g. referring to the death of Muhammad in sura 10:46 (‘…or whether We cause thee to die…’). In sura 19:15 God says to John the Baptist ‘Peace on him the day he was born and the day he dies, and the day he shall be raised alive’ and in sura 19:33 Jesus says, ‘Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised to life’. Since we know that John the Baptist has died (Mk 6:14-29), surely Jesus must have done so to speak in this way.

Sura 3:169 says ‘Think not of those who are slain in the way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are living’, meaning that the intended effect of those who killed people in God’s way was not achieved, as martyrs were remembered more as a result of their death than for their life. Sura 8:17 says that ‘it was not you Muslims who slew them, but Allah did it’ referring to a battle the Muslims fought and reminding them that God was sovereignly in control of the victory. Finally even the Qur’an admits that it is not impossible for Christ to have have died – ‘Who can do anything against Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary?’ (sura 5:17). The most consistent explanation of sura 4:157 in the light of all these other verses is that the Jews were unable to boast that they had killed Jesus because God was supremely in control in allowing His Son to die on a cross!

http://www.debate.org.uk/debate-topi...etic/question/

http://www.islamlies.com/

Blunders in the Koran...
    The Koran teaches that the world is flat.This doctrine is believed by Islamic scholars even today. The Bible revealed that the earth is round in Isaiah 40:22. "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth".
    It is also clear in the Qur'an that Muhammad and his Allah thought Moses lived at the time on Noah and that Jesus' mother Mary was Moses' and Aaron's sister.If the Qur'an is a true miracle of God - why is it so filled with historical, scientific and other errors, including simple math? Wouldn't we expect an all-knowing Allah to be better student of history, science and math? Especially if he was getting his information straight from "God Himself"?
    Muhammad had obviously heard some Bible stories, but he seems to have got them confused and mixed up when it came out in his prophetic utterances. It is quite apparent that the Qu'ran is simply the product of hearsay and imperfect editing from a plurality of traditions then known to Muhammad.
    Historical errors in the Qur'an:
    The Historical, Scientific, simple mathematics and theological contradictions in the Qur'an are too numerous to list. Remember, since Muhammad already proclaimed the Jewish Torah/Christian Old Testament (Taurat) as correct in Qur'an 5:46/47 and 43:63 then the following gross errors that differ with the Torah are inexcusable. These errors their selves scream out the Qur'an itself is entirely false. Here are just a few:
    In Sura 2:241 Muhammad confuses the persons of Saul and Gideon.
    In Sura 2:55-60 the Israelites were said to be "a scanty band" vastly inferior to the Egyptians. But in Exodus 1:7-10 the Egyptian king said to his people that the Israelites had become "more and mightier than we".
    The Koran confused the sister of Moses (Miriam) with Mary, the mother of Jesus. In Hebrew, Miriam and Mary are the same names.
    How many angels were talking to Mary? When the Qur'an speaks about the annunciation of the birth of Jesus to the virgin Mary, Sura 3:42,45 speaks about (several) angels while it is only one in Sura 19:17-21. The Christian Bible clearly indicated one angel; "In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth," Luke 1:26
    Muhammad taught that Mary the mother of Jesus was the sister of Aaron and Moses - who lived 1,500 years earlier.
    Do you remember the evil Persian Haman who conspired to kill all the Jews during the time of Esther in the Babylonian captivity. In the Koran, Muhammad incorrectly taught that this wicked man Haman was the prime minister of the Egyptian Pharaoh. Throughout the Quran--Nimrod and Abraham, Haman and Moses, Mary and Aaron, the tower of Babel and Pharaoh were all pictured as living and working together. Moses and the flood are also incorrectly found together. Muhammad thought these all happened at the same time.
    What about Noah's son? According to Sura 21:76, Noah and his family is saved from the flood, and Sura 37:77 confirms that his seed survived. But Sura 11:42-43 reports that Noah's son drowns.
    Sura 7:136, 7:59 say Noah's flood took place in Moses' day. Did anyone tell Moses that?
    Sura 14:37, says Abraham lived in the valley of Mecca. The Bible says he lived in Hebron, Israel. (Genesis 13:18, 23:2, 35:27)
    Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days. But in 41:9-12 the detailed description of the creation procedure adds up to eight days.
    Suras 21:51-71; 37:97,98, says that Abraham was thrown into a fire [by Nimrod]. Nimrod and Abraham did not live at the same time. Muhammad was always mixing people together in the Qur'an who did not live at the same time. The Bible tells us Nimrod lived many centuries before Abraham.
    Sura 6:74, says Abraham (called millata-Ibrahim in the Qur'an) father's name was Azar. The Bible says it was Terah (Genesis 11:27).
    Sura 12:21ff, says the man who bought Joseph was named Aziz. The Bible says it was Potiphar.
    Sura 37:100-112, says Abraham went to sacrifice Ishmael. The Bible says it was Issac.
    Sura 5:73-75,116, Muhammad mistakenly thought the Christian Trinity was 3 gods: the Father, the Mother (Mary), and the Son (Jesus).
    Sura 28:8-9, says is was Pharaoh's wife who adopted Moses. The Bible says it was Pharaoh's daughter.
    Sura 9:10, incorrectly says Zacharias could not speak for only three days.
    Sura 20:87, 95, says the Jews made the golden calf in the wilderness at the suggestion of Samaritans. There were no Samaritans at that time.

Sura 18:85,86, says that Alexander the Great (Zul-qarinain) followed the setting sun and found that it went down into the waters of a muddy spring. Sura 18:89-98 says Alexander the Great was a Muslim and worshipped Allah and lived to an old age. Actually, Alexander the Great died very young and was by no means a Muslim. The Greek, Alexander the Great lived from 356 - 323 B.C. (Before Jesus). He was 33 years old when he died. Muhammad and Islam did not come along till 610 A.D. (after Jesus), when Muhammad began preaching Allah and his new religion in Mecca. This was over 900 years after Alexander the Great died. Yusuf Ali and the Concise Dictionary of Islam confirm that Zul-qarinain in the Quran is Alexander the Great.

The Qur'an also incorrectly says Abrah's army was defeated by birds dropping stones on them. History says Abrah's army withdrew after smallpox broke out. It says; the Kabah was build by Adam and rebuilt by Abraham. It was built by pagans to worship a black rock that fell out of the sky. Abraham never lived in Mecca.
    The Quran says that man was created from a clot of blood..the Torah says man was created from the dust of the ground.
    "Read! In the name of your Lord Who Creates
    Creates man from a clot of blood
    Read! And your Lord is most generous
    Teaches man that which he knew not" Quran 96:1-5
    I don't have time to go through each and every one of these right now but I did look at this Sura: "Sura 7:136, 7:59 say Noah's flood took place in Moses' day. Did anyone tell Moses that?"

That sura is referring to the parting of the Red Sea, which is clear to anyone who isn't intentionally misleading their readers. I'm gonna go ahead and assume the rest of what's written is similarly unfounded

Thats all nice and fuzzy but you are heaping coals of fire on him because you do not stand up to the false religion of Islam.
    No one knows greater then Muwahid how much I have stood against Islam. That doesn't mean I cannot respect and admire the man, a person who was made by God and is loved by Him and who shows more respect and courtesy than many others.
    Last edited by TER; 10-30-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast