Thread: Bipolar Psychotic Woman Accused of Raping Man in Seattle

Bipolar Psychotic Woman Accused of Raping Man in Seattle

Originally published October 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM | Page modified October 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Woman pleads not guilty to rape of man in Seattle

A 28-year-old Seattle woman entered a not-guilty plea Thursday to a second-degree-rape charge. Chantae Marie Gilman is accused of having sex with a man she didn’t know after somehow entering his residence and climbing on top of him while he slept.

By Sara Jean Green

Seattle Times staff reporter

A 28-year-old Seattle woman pleaded not guilty Thursday morning to second-degree rape in the alleged sexual assault on a man she didn’t know in June 2013.

A motion by a defense attorney representing Chantae Marie Gilman to reduce her $100,000 bail was denied by King County Superior Court Judge Patrick Oishi, according to court records.

Gilman, who recently gave birth to a baby girl, was a month into a six-month residential drug- and mental-health treatment program in Spokane when she was brought back to Seattle and booked into the King County Jail on Tuesday, jail and court records show.

On June 16, 2013, a now-31-year-old man attended his neighbor’s birthday party in Seattle’s South Delridge neighborhood, charging papers say. The man did not know Gilman “but recognized her as a drug user in the area” who had also visited the man’s neighbor, the papers say.

The man arrived home at 10 p.m. and fell asleep on his bed, charging papers say. At 2 a.m., he was awakened to find Gilman on top of him, having sex with him while pinning his hands down over his head, according to the charges.

The man told Gilman to get off him, but she refused, telling him “to be quiet,” charging papers say. He was able to work his way out from under her and told her to leave, but she again refused and asked for a cigarette, the papers say.

He pushed her out the door and threw a cigarette at her, slamming his door shut, they say.

The charges don’t indicate how Gilman was able to gain entry into the man’s residence.

He later went to Harborview Medical Center for a sexual-assault examination, and female

DNA was recovered

during the exam, charging papers say.

Gilman was interviewed by police but said she did not recall being in the man’s home or having sex with him, according to the charges. She told a Seattle police detective she suffers from bipolar disorder and psychosis, charging papers say.

At some point, Gilman provided a DNA sample, which was later matched by scientists at the State Patrol crime lab to the DNA from the man’s sexual-assault exam, according to the charges.

According to a letter in the court record written by the clinical supervisor of the Spokane drug-treatment program, Gilman arranged for Child Protective Services to provide respite care for her newborn daughter while she is in custody awaiting trial.

Female-on-male rape

A study done by the CDC found that 1 in 21 men (4.8%) reported that they had been forced to penetrate someone else, usually a woman, had been the victim of an attempt to force penetration, or had been made to receive oral sex.[2]

Male victims of sexual abuse by females[10] often face social, political, and legal double standards.[11] Some cases in the United States have received increased attention and sparked awareness within the population. Sometimes referred to as "made to penetrate" cases, male rape victims are forced to engage in penetration of the female without proper consent. Many times the male victims are under the influence of drugs or alcohol or being held in life-threatening positions. The case of Cierra Ross'[12] sexual assault of a man in Chicago gained national headlines and Ross was convicted of aggravated criminal sexual abuse and armed robbery with a bail set at $75,000. Cases like this one are often described as "unusual" or "uncommon." In the case of a female being a victim of sexual assault, the male criminal could face up to a life sentence in prison, whereas the punishment for a female rapist is far less severe. A similar case includes James Landrith.[13]

Several widely publicized cases of female-on-male statutory rape in the United States involved school teachers raping their under-age students. Federal law states that the age of consent in the United States is 18 nationally, but may range from 16-18 within differing states. Under federal law, any sexual encounters between adults and minors under the age of consent is considered sexual assault. (See Mary Kay Letourneau and Debra Lafave.)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_rape
    Last edited by presence; 10-29-2014 at 03:49 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hard to imagine, but then i am a bit jaded now...

weird story....

but at the same time its rather .....stimulating in a strange sort of way.....

Very strange. Just goes to show you it can happen. It's really too bad the victims of these cases face such discrimination in society and in court. That's the real rape culture. Women are adequately protected under the law, and while it's really not as much of a problem for men, if anything it's slanted against them rather than against women.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

I've never had any trouble going limp for someone I didn't want, myself. Maybe I'm atypical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I've never had any trouble going limp for someone I didn't want, myself. Maybe I'm atypical?
    I suspect, if I randomly found the accused on humping-top-of-me, in the middle of the night, I'd feel raped whether my dick was hard or not.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    In the middle of intercourse? Might be a bit difficult for me, unless it was a dude. I know the thought of a beard anywhere near my inner thighs makes mine instantly turn into an overcooked wet noodle. Even tho this chick pretty much looks like a dude and I am not really attracted to her, just the fact that she has female parts rubbing on me would keep me up. In fact, since I'm single, if I knew her situation and how desperate she was I'd take one for the team and give her pity sex.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    if I knew her situation and how desperate she was I'd take one for the team and give her pity sex.
    yikes

Just goes to show--you can't rape the despera--er, I mean the willing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    yikes
    As miniscule as it may be I am more attracted to her than my hand that feels like sandpaper. Why not?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

In the middle of intercourse? Might be a bit difficult for me, unless it was a dude. I know the thought of a beard anywhere near my inner thighs makes mine instantly turn into an overcooked wet noodle. Even tho this chick pretty much looks like a dude and I am not really attracted to her, just the fact that she has female parts rubbing on me would keep me up. In fact, since I'm single, if I knew her situation and how desperate she was I'd take one for the team and give her pity sex.

Bless your heart.

Glad I wasn't in Seattle that night.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

As miniscule as it may be I am more attracted to her than my hand that feels like sandpaper. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Glad I wasn't in Seattle that night.
    But if Hillary raped some dude you would want his autograph..

Who doesn't know some man who had sex with some woman that he won't admit to?

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Ummm, dannno? vvvv

9 months later some judge will demand he pay child support.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who do you hang out with?!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I sleep light enough. Don't see how anyone would not know that someone is coming in their room and having sex with them. Must have been a heavy drinking night.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I don't think I wanna feel like I'm being molested by a TSA agent..

Nobody now, but it used to be fellows like you.

In Danke's case he's just saving their reputation. He's quite the gentleman once you get to know him.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    In Danke's case he's just saving their reputation. He's quite the gentleman once you get to know him.
    I actually don't doubt that much. Much.

How about this "guy" who turned in this woman who practically fell into his bed?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...limbs-into-bed