Thread: I dream to be my own boss

I dream to be my own boss

I do not want to work for a boss for the rest of my life. I sometimes find myself thinking, "Is this all there is to my life? Wake up at 6am, prepare and go to work, work my ass off, go home exhausted, and the cycle repeats itself the next day"

I really want my own business so I won't have to rely on a boss to make a living. Can you give me some advice on what business to start? Something that won't require too much capital. Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What do you enjoy doing? Many businesses can be a shoestring business.

Something you have experience in.
    Last edited by mrsat_98; 10-29-2014 at 04:54 AM.

Ummmmm,

Being your own boss actually requires more work, more hours and lots more mental effort than just clocking in.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Ummmmm,

Being your own boss actually requires more work, more hours and lots more mental effort than just clocking in.....
    Correct. The difference is that if you do something you love, it won't feel like work. (Well, most of the time anyway...)

My advice would be to do some soul searching about what you like to do. Don't worry, at first, about how you will make money at it. Become the best at what you like to do. When you have done that, figure out how you can provide value to others by doing it.

The problem is that most people don't really know what they like to do. They just want to be entertained by someone or something else. That's why the soul searching needs to be the first step.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Make a non-job!
    http://nonjob.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    My advice would be to do some soul searching about what you like to do. Don't worry, at first, about how you will make money at it. Become the best at what you like to do. When you have done that, figure out how you can provide value to others by doing it.
    Sound advice, I'm still practicing..

Attachment 3308

Beautiful work tod evans!!! I know who I'm calling when I redo my kitchen.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alivecream View Post
    I do not want to work for a boss for the rest of my life. I sometimes find myself thinking, "Is this all there is to my life? Wake up at 6am, prepare and go to work, work my ass off, go home exhausted, and the cycle repeats itself the next day"

I really want my own business so I won't have to rely on a boss to make a living. Can you give me some advice on what business to start? Something that won't require too much capital. Thanks!

You're putting far too much effort into this already.

This is America, 2014. If you work, then you pay money to the federal government. If you don't work, then the federal government pays money to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Sound advice, I'm still practicing..

Attachment 3308
    I don't think they've ever changed the design of the can...

Quote Originally Posted by alivecream View Post

First, don't listen to people that say "do what you love." More often than not, this doesn't translate into money. Instead focus on finding a PROBLEM that you can solve for people. You can be passionate about solving that problem for people without that problem being "what you love." People that own businesses that clean septic tanks don't love poop.

Be sure though, that you do like the ideal customer, and you wouldn't mind helping them and talking to them all the time. I created software for restaurants once and realized after wasting my time, that I have no desire to help restaurant owners. They're just not my ideal customer. So find a group of people that you like and want to solve a problem for. You can start by thinking about problems that you, yourself have encountered.

What's your background? What are you good at? What have you helped people with in the past? Any way you can turn that into a business? Can you solve a problem for a group of people better than the current solutions out there can? Are there other people out there making money solving the same problem? That's a good thing! It means there are people out there willing to pay. There's money in it. Can you do it better, differently than they are doing it, or can you make it better for a different group of people?

Just a few things to think about. Of course I have no idea what your background is. I'm a software engineer, hoping to start my own business soon. I have a ton of experience failing because I didn't ask myself some of those questions before going ahead and wasting time building something I couldn't sell.

*snip*
    I really want my own business so I won't have to rely on a boss to make a living.
    First find out who that "boss" is that you really have been working for.

It will help you determine if you want to start a business in or out of the system. A bit of both?

After starting "my own" business in the system, I discovered that there was a boss that I was still working for.
    That boss demands that I shake down others and perpetuate his immoral and doomed to fail system.

It might sound all kind of high and mighty, but "the boss" is always trying to get you to do his bidding and have you rely on him.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Oh wow that is really nice work mr evans. Well guys I've done a lot of different things and do find joy in helping others. From party entertainment, to pet grooming/sitting, to medical billing, tutoring...this is why it's so hard to decide. But thank you all for the great advice. What really is motivating is how easy it seems to be to find potential rental spaces...whenever I get to that point. But I love looking at real estate and dreaming up possibilities with the space.