Thread: Rand smartly supports other Senate candidates

Thumbs up Rand smartly supports other Senate candidates

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not according to some people here. According to some it would be a brilliant move for Rand to endorse Greg Orman for Senate in Kansas and single handedly cause the Democrats to maintain control of the Senate.

It's smart for him to do that, but there are some cases where the Democrat is better. For instance, the Democrat running for US Senate in Mississippi is against Obamacare, gun control, abortion, and the War in Iraq.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    It's smart for him to do that, but there are some cases where the Democrat is better. For instance, the Democrat running for US Senate in Mississippi is against Obamacare, gun control, abortion, and the War in Iraq.
    Basically the minimum for any Dem that wants a chance at winning in red state like Miss. He isn't that special of a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Basically the minimum for any Dem that wants a chance at winning in red state like Miss. He isn't that special of a candidate.
    He's a Southern Democrat who was against the War in Iraq, I'm pretty sure the South was mostly in favor of the war. I'm just saying that I'd vote for him over Cochran.
    Stop believing stupid things

He's a Southern Democrat who was against the War in Iraq, I'm pretty sure the South was mostly in favor of the war. I'm just saying that I'd vote for him over Cochran.
    In a heartbeat. Cochroach is a piece of $#@! parasite who defines the term politician. Probably bleeds green goop too.

It's a very smart move. Not only to gain favor from the Senators should they win election. Rand is appearing in the TV ads in Iowa, New Hampshire, North Carolina and other states. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone -- support the senate candidates, and increase his own profile with the voters.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

It's not a smart move because we all know they won't back him in 2016 and they will fight him to death.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    It's not a smart move because we all know they won't back him in 2016 and they will fight him to death.
    Exactly. If given the choice, do you honestly think these guys are going to endorse Rand when they have guys like Bush, Christie, or even Cruz to choose from?

Of course it's a smart move, there's a reason why people are taking Rand more seriously than they ever took Ron. We love Ron for what he was/is but Rand isn't an idiot he was there for his dad's campaigns/political career and I'm sure he learned from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Not according to some people here. According to some it would be a brilliant move for Rand to endorse Greg Orman for Senate in Kansas and single handedly cause the Democrats to maintain control of the Senate.
    Do you have a link to support that assertion? I'll ask again tomorrow if I don't see one...

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Exactly. If given the choice, do you honestly think these guys are going to endorse Rand when they have guys like Bush, Christie, or even Cruz to choose from?
    Did you actually read the article?

It says while he may not actually get support from these people, his support of them, will make it so that they can't oppose Rand as aggressively as they might have done if he had not supported them. In effect, Rand is neutralizing many of these guys.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

But he looks like 'Mr. Republican' to all of the constituents and gets a platform to win over establishment republicans and build toward 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

It says while he may not actually get support from these people, his support of them, will make it so that they can't oppose Rand as aggressively as they might have done if he had not supported them. In effect, Rand is neutralizing many of these guys.
    I have to go with Matt on this one. This is about building political capital. It's a lot easier to exclude a candidate from your endorsement considerations if they haven't come out to help you in the past. While, he may not be at the top of their list, they won't forget the help he gave them. It just makes it a little harder to throw him under the bus.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 11-02-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Luckily, I believe that Rand has avoided Cochran.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

So, this "neutralizing" idea worked very well. He apparently "neutralized" everybody...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great necro bump. Guess this didn't pan out as well as some had hoped as far as the presidency was concerned. Now that we saw the gop primary presidential results, we can look at articles like this with clearer hindsight. It still could be paying off within the Senate, as he has been able to do the filibusters and bring up bills that previously were not allowed.

I was pretty down on Rand's presidential bid since last summer when his support was failing to materialize, but I do think he's a good politician and I do think this kind of stuff can help him in the future. He may not ever be president material but he can have a good long senate career and wield increasing amounts of legislative power over time if he continues what he's been doing.

Evidence of his endorsements working.

Endorsed Mitch,received an official endorsement back for his presidential bid and received favoritism getting bills/amendments fast tracked.

Rand wants to be known as a team player, which is why far more of his colleagues didn't go out of their way to destroy him in his run than they did with Cruz (even before Cruz was up in the polls).
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll