Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The dating scene: manly advice?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Nah, it's washing. Water runs through your hair and keeps it clean enough. It's not your hair that has the smelling problem. That's why you use soap on your pits and crotchal region. The water will do the rest. Then, put on some deodorant for good measure. I'm a believer in this method. Shampoo once every other day or maybe just ever week, but water should be plenty. It may not be as thorough as soap, but who came up with the idea that you need to get rid of microscopic dirt in your hair that nobody even notices?
    So, when you poop, do you wash your hands with just water? Cuz, if just water doesn't clean your hands, then it ain't gonna just clean your hair. And I'm not an advocate of washing hair daily. I too, think that is a really bad idea. But hair can and does have an odor. You have sebaceous glands on your head that produce oils, causing dirt and sweat to stick to the hair shafts, and that causes odor and a bad look.

Look, if it works for some people, more power to ya. My hair is down to my butt and super thick - I have had no issue with shampoo. I guess just chalk it up to cognitive dissonance at this time.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    I've been waiting for you to say that since 2007.
    At least he's creative. I would have never thought of trying to quarantine a flight attendant to get her home.

It just dawned on me that maybe Chris Christie is reading this forum

-t

Ok... I don't really care about the hair discussion...

But if you want to know why your date failed, it's because you didn't do anything. If you are not able to charm a woman with your conversation, then why the hell are you using that as your go-to dating play?!

Do something. Whatever you like to do - just make it active. Have a date picking pumpkins, take an archery lesson together, go ice-skating, but do something other than just try to talk. Activities allow you to have something to talk about instead of boring conversation. You'll have to work together to accomplish something. I don't like the movie idea - it just delays the inevitable. Sure, you can discuss the movie afterwards, but then what?

Make the date as active and fun for her as possible. Even if she isn't interested in you, you will seem more interesting because she was doing something around you that she doesn't do all the time. I'd say she's probably been to dinner before.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Have a nice smile, good breath and a lot of confidence. Be interesting, be interested.

Confidence is probably more important than any other thing on the list.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Where's the data that shampoo equals baldness? Alopecia is due to a loss of a hormone that produces hair growth. If memory serves. Are you claiming that men who have baldness will grow their hair back if they stop "shampooing" it?
    Doesn't your hair automatically stop growing at an early age? If so, it's just hair retention from that point on, not hair growth. In that case, dannno could have a point.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    Me, HUNT? lol

I cannot imagine a dimension where I'd enjoy getting up at 4 in morning, sit in tree stand freezing my ass off in hopes of slaughtering Bambi

No woman into hunting would EVER date a dude like me. I'm a neurotic mess.
    thats fine, but you asked for MANLY advice. It doesn't get anymore manly than that.

goodluck.

oh...almost forgot. Females like a 'badboy'....wink wink..

So, when you poop, do you wash your hands with just water? Cuz, if just water doesn't clean your hands, then it ain't gonna just clean your hair. And I'm not an advocate of washing hair daily. I too, think that is a really bad idea. But hair can and does have an odor. You have sebaceous glands on your head that produce oils, causing dirt and sweat to stick to the hair shafts, and that causes odor and a bad look.

Look, if it works for some people, more power to ya. My hair is down to my butt and super thick - I have had no issue with shampoo. I guess just chalk it up to cognitive dissonance at this time.
    That's different. You don't get poop in your hair, do you? I really don't think the hair needs to be SUPER clean in order to smell good and be clean enough.

Also, you're a woman, so balding naturally isn't as much of a problem for you.

Okey dokey.
    I've always wondered how we spell that.

He's already gone on the first date though. He was asking what do to now and if he should text her. The big baby won't do it because she didn't text him first. Call me old fashioned, but the guy should be the one who makes the next move, and if she's the 'girl next door type' like he says, then he's an idiot if he doesn't do it, because she's probably waiting for him to. Unless he's talked himself out of liking her, which it sounds like he has. wuteva.

I meant for the next first date. 20/20 hindsight. . And yeah he has to text first.

Admittedly if I got poop in my hair I would probably shampoo it.

I usually do about one shampoo a month, right after I cut my hair, to get out all the microscopic hair particles that make my neck itchy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Screw the receding hairline. Screw the hot water no shampoo argument. Just shave your head and get it over with. Then you can just soap it up and rinse it off.

As to the girl, if you need to ask people here for advice then there is no helping you and you will grow old alone and then die in your chair where within 2 days your cats will begin feeding on your body and soon after, your dogs will join in.

As to online dating, I disagree. Picking up a hitchhiker is the best way to meet your soul mate. I should know.
    Perhaps. Hitchhiking can certainly be an erotic experience. After all, it is one of only two words in the English language that use two consecutive H's. Wait, what were we talking about?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's already gone on the first date though. He was asking what do to now and if he should text her. The big baby won't do it because she didn't text him first. Call me old fashioned, but the guy should be the one who makes the next move, and if she's the 'girl next door type' like he says, then he's an idiot if he doesn't do it, because she's probably waiting for him to. Unless he's talked himself out of liking her, which it sounds like he has. wuteva.
    In all honesty I have an intense fear of rejection- I'm also extremely inexperienced when it comes to dating. Like I said, LITERALLY all my relationships came from friendships, and all of them but one lasted more than two years. From 19-21 (shortest one), 21-25, then 25-28. (EDIT: off and on between those three years but basically still together).

All of them (excluding some regrettable one-night stand back in college) started out as friendships.

I am out in the wilderness here. Like I said, I am not a real man
    Last edited by pessimist; 10-28-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Screw the receding hairline. Screw the hot water no shampoo argument. Just shave your head and get it over with. Then you can just soap it up and rinse it off.

As to the girl, if you need to ask people here for advice then there is no helping you and you will grow old alone and then die in your chair where within 2 days your cats will begin feeding on your body and soon after, your dogs will join in.
    Oh come now. Be nice. It makes for good fodder, don't it?

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Perhaps. Hitchhiking can certainly be an erotic experience. After all, it is one of only two words in the English language that use two consecutive H's. Wait, what were we talking about?

HITCHHIKING? YIKES.

All of them (excluding some regrettable one-night stand back in college) started out as friendships.
    I'm calling B.S. on that. Be honest here, you had ZERO one-night stands in college.

I'm calling B.S. on that. Be honest here, you had ZERO one-night stands in college.
    uh, yeah, I did

EDIT: I may be dyslexic.

I type backwards and read forwards or is it the other way around?
    Last edited by pessimist; 10-28-2014 at 06:48 PM.

I experimented with a lot drugs dude

In all honesty I have an intense fear of rejection- I'm also extremely inexperienced when it comes to dating. Like I said, LITERALLY all my relationships came from friendships, and all of them but one lasted more than two years. From 19-21 (shortest one), 21-25, then 25-28. (EDIT: off and on between those three years but basically still together).

So change that if you don't like that about yourself. Meditate and figure out who you want to be.

We all have problems, so will any female you want to date. Live your life.

So WHAT if she says no?????!!!!!! It's not a death sentence! It just means she's not the right one for you. Why do you think you are not a real man? What is your definition of a real man?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If I was a guy, I would have shaved my head long ago. Especially after having the tick on the back of my neck--living in the boonies has some negatives.

Nah, it's washing. Water runs through your hair and keeps it clean enough. It's not your hair that has the smelling problem. That's why you use soap on your pits and crotchal region. The water will do the rest. Then, put on some deodorant for good measure. I'm a believer in this method. Shampoo once every other day or maybe just ever week, but water should be plenty. It may not be as thorough as soap, but who came up with the idea that you need to get rid of microscopic dirt in your hair that nobody even notices?
    But, but, but... dandruff n/ ring around the collar and all that other stuff the TV commercials programmed me to think people cared about!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    If I was a guy, I would have shaved my head long ago. Especially after having the tick on the back of my neck--living in the boonies has some negatives.
    On the back of the neck? I've had worse... Heck I had to pull one off my kids eyelid last summer.

Then why are you so uptight? Maybe have a bit of weed before your next date. That'll get you loosened up. Or just have 2 or 3 beers beforehand. I find alcohol helps me be sociable.

On the back of the neck? I've had worse... Heck I had to pull one off my kids eyelid last summer.
    Ahhhhrrrgh!

Before I moved out here, the only creatures that attracted ticks were deer and dogs. It's a spider-phobia thing with me though--I put glue traps in the basement (intended for mice) in order to get any of these crawly bastards. I also put down diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of the basement, house and garage because I hate them so much.

Strange that I loved most bugs growing up and now I have a zero tolerance policy for them--in the house at least. Took a nap with the kid the other day and woke her up because her hair felt like a spider and I shook it off in my sleep haze.

P.S. The glue traps work fantastically for bugs--I wouldn't want to use them for mice though.

Forced medication in the psych hospital doesn't count as you experimenting. FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Why let your ovaries get in the way of your dreams?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Why let your ovaries get in the way of your dreams?
    Uhh...because I'd look like a cancer patient.

Hmm...maybe that could work for me.

My advice: You're taking it WAY too seriously. Do whatever you are naturally inclined to do and don't worry so much about what she thinks or what you "should" do.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast