Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angelatc, Kathy88

I wish them both well .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AngelaTC is the only person here who gave me both + reps and - reps. About 6 plus and maybe 4 minus. Seems the split was between lice threads and vaccine threads. Oh well; some fun conversations in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    AngelaTC is the only person here who gave me both + reps and - reps. About 6 plus and maybe 4 minus. Seems the split was between lice threads and vaccine threads. Oh well; some fun conversations in there.
    Real Women . I would be doing good if my Rep was better than half with Mrs Oyarde, LOL,worst case I can let her read Danke's posts and that should immediately move me to 75 % to the good ,

Well is it possible to think someone was a royal pain in the butt and still miss her?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

"If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all." -- Thumper's Rule

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, she is one of my favorite posters.
    Mine, too. I hope she comes back. And Kathy, as well.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I wish them both well .
    I'm with "The Chef"...

I've been on the muzzle side of Angelatc's posts, once or twice, but it was nothing that left me with any personal gripe. Its the freak'n internet...

I hope to see them both back again.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I really only disagree with angelatc on a couple of things. She's a tough old bird alright. Is what it is. I'll tell you a story. You could have a disagreement with her on something and turn it into 50 thousand hits in very little time and have 20 or so web pages/organizers synced up with regard to that issue and it's like releasing a swarm of trained bees into the wild. And there is a lot to say about that. Disagreements (the critical ones of our time) are too often never known and subsequently never discussed in a public way. And so when they are (and most often through disagreement) it's desirable. Disagreement is often the only means of such topics of discussion to ever have any kind of platform. Most times when we have a vested interest in not discussing something, we tend to ignore it all together. Which is unfortunate in scope. Disagreement voids that particular phenomenon.

Is truly a shame about katty88's situation. Returning to things that are meaningful is most often the best medicine and I do wish her and her family the best considering what is in the rear view mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Nah, I like her. She can be a bit rough on the edges if you disagree with her but that's just evidence of a real person.
    2nd that; she's part of the crew.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I see both of their posts on FB, and they seem to be living real lives at the moment. That's a good thing. I have also, to some extent, for now.

edit: I think you'll see them here more nearing 2016.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been in touch with both of them. I love them both dearly. I want them to come back too. Amy is right about everything she states about Angela. I've worked with Angela on two projects - she is as smart as a whip - knows her field well. And she is dedicated to her family and to the cause. We don't agree at all on GMOs, Monsanto, or vaccinations, and I have winced a time or two at some of her remarks, but I don't have to agree with someone 100% of the time in order to know that what's in their heart is good.

I miss Kathy's brilliant snark! I so looked forward to reading her posts. She's just really busy with a new job right now. And, if I may say so, I think both women are a little burned out on this place. It happens to all of us, I think.

Miss you girls! The place isn't the same without you. hugs!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

AngelaTC is one of my favorite posters here. I wonder if she still blogs for Red State Eclectic. I'll have to check that more often now.

Angela and I have had some serious arguments and some choice words but I respect her as a woman who sticks to her word and isn't afraid to tell people off... I haven't been here much myself so I didn't know she hasn't been visiting as much.

I see Kathy's updates on facebook.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

We need angela to come back for the Sons of Anarchy thread.

angela will always be here.....in my signature....
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I messaged with Angela a couple of weeks ago after inquiring as to her MIA since July. I really missed her posts, she has a unique perspective that reflects a great deal of knowledge and old fashioned common sense. Like so many others in here, she is something special and I miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I messaged with Angela a couple of weeks ago after inquiring as to her MIA since July. I really missed her posts, she has a unique perspective that reflects a great deal of knowledge and old fashioned common sense. Like so many others in here, she is something special and I miss her.
    Try PMing her on FB. She's a member of the RPFs FB page, last I checked. https://www.facebook.com/groups/479036892173891/ I'm not sure if I should give her personal page, so I won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I miss Angela, Kathy, and a couple dozen others.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Try PMing her on FB. She's a member of the RPFs FB page, last I checked. https://www.facebook.com/groups/479036892173891/ I'm not sure if I should give her personal page, so I won't.
    She gave it to me, and I have visited. Thanks HB, she is also involved in other projects so her talents aren't going to waste. She also expressed a level of respect and admiration for Bryan, and wouldn't disclose any site other than FB, at least not through the RPF. That right there speaks a lot to character IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Most people who visit internet fora, contrary to popular opinion, are of above average intelligence.

What...the...hell? You can't be serious.

This is not true from my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post

I think he's jaded, because he frequents this forum.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

She was probably the most vitriolic, repulsive personality on this board that I can remember. No one compares when it comes to spouting pure, unadulterated hatred.
    Guess I need to try harder then.

Slutter McGee

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post

That's because your observation is biased. Think about it, would a stupid person really, seriously take the time to hang around on internet fora and argue? Would a stupid person really care about getting to the bottom of an issue that much? In the first place, you need a lot of reading comprehension in order to keep up with the discussion and people of lower intelligence generally don't enjoy reading that much in the first place and would just get frustrated.

You're here, and you're not stupid, are you? Well, if nobody here could challenge you intellectually, would you really bother hanging around? If you're smart, then why would you bother hanging around with a bunch of stupid people? If they were really stupid, you wouldn't enjoy it at all. Just because people disagree and often act stupid, doesn't mean they are.

That's why I'll admit that angelatc was probably an intelligent individual, but she had one of the most distasteful personalities that I have ever come across.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 10-30-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I think he's jaded, because he frequents this forum.
    Jaded? How does calling forum-visitors generally smart people make me jaded?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

You originally posted this:

Most people who visit internet fora, contrary to popular opinion, are of above average intelligence.
    not this:

Jaded? How does calling forum-visitors generally smart people make me jaded?
    So, what I meant was, you are jaded (as in satiated) because you are used to dealing with members of higher intelligence on RPFs. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I've been in touch with both of them. I love them both dearly. I want them to come back too. Amy is right about everything she states about Angela. I've worked with Angela on two projects - she is as smart as a whip - knows her field well. And she is dedicated to her family and to the cause. We don't agree at all on GMOs, Monsanto, or vaccinations, and I have winced a time or two at some of her remarks, but I don't have to agree with someone 100% of the time in order to know that what's in their heart is good.

I miss Kathy's brilliant snark! I so looked forward to reading her posts. She's just really busy with a new job right now. And, if I may say so, I think both women are a little burned out on this place. It happens to all of us, I think.

Miss you girls! The place isn't the same without you. hugs!
    Agreed, even though I've been really pissed in the past at Angela wrt some of her remarks at Mrs. AF.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Agreed, even though I've been really pissed in the past at Angela wrt some of her remarks at Mrs. AF.
    Yep, she has made some pretty gnarly remarks to folks, but if I recall, Mrs. AF does a mighty fine job holding her own. Assertive, and classy. I've got mad respect for her as well. She's a good egg.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 10-30-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo

That's because your observation is biased. Think about it, would a stupid person really, seriously take the time to hang around on internet fora and argue? Would a stupid person really care about getting to the bottom of an issue that much? In the first place, you need a lot of reading comprehension in order to keep up with the discussion and people of lower intelligence generally don't enjoy reading that much in the first place and would just get frustrated.

You're here, and you're not stupid, are you? Well, if nobody here could challenge you intellectually, would you really bother hanging around? If you're smart, then why would you bother hanging around with a bunch of stupid people? If they were really stupid, you wouldn't enjoy it at all. Just because people disagree and often act stupid, doesn't mean they are.

That's why I'll admit that angelatc was probably an intelligent individual, but she had one of the most distasteful personalities that I have ever come across.

You have a point, but it is a wild exaggeration to claim that people who argue or debate on forums have "above average" intelligence.

I've been in online debates before with people who were CLEARLY of average intelligence trying to pass themselves off as having a high IQ. Wikipedia intellectuals skilled in using a thesaurus don't impress me.

Most political forums are nothing but democrat vs. republican talking point bull$#@!- even philosophy forums are full of pseudo-intellectuals parroting their college professors.

You are right in your assertion that curious, argumentative, and intellectual people require mental stimulation- forums provide them an outlet.

But you're way off with your "generally above average IQ" remark.

I have a hard time respecting anyone who takes their argument into the gutter with repeated insults. Especially here. Respect and liberty.

I'm one of the few that does NOT miss angela. Anyone who calls for mandatory vaccination is anti-liberty. The same government that gives us $#@! everywhere else doesn't get to suddenly become saintly because... uhhh... science.

I'm sure she's crapping her pants about ebola and mandatory quarantines right about now too.

She'll be the first to call the govt nazis on her neighbors when they don't line up at the FEMA camps.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast