Thread: i pod program!!!$@$@$#%#

i pod program!!!$@$@$#%#

ok ive used my ipod now for about 2 years and 3 months. i had all of my music on it and nevr had an issue using the ipod program to add music. but over the last 2 years apple has updated their program several times, and it has went from easy to use to impossible, to the point that over the last few days ive went from trying to add new cds ive bought, to now a totally empty ipod and i cant get anything to go on it. hell i cant even figure out how to synce the damn thing. it says its syncing but NOTHING new is on my pod. so i deleted everything and did a reset on the pod. now i cant get anything to work excpet for songs ive downloaded back during the napster days. as for cds i actually own, and theyre are lots....i can get them into the program and they show up as is supposed to. but when i pull the into my play list as new songs, they never get added during the sync.

i thought maybe i was running out of room on my 160G pod so i deleted it all and tried just a few cds. i cannot get anything to go onto the pod. wth am i doing wrong? 4 hours later and im about ready to crush the $#@!ing thing.

help please.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't use apple products, but have to deal with them on occasion.

A couple of things:

What iPod version?

Napster? Holy blast from the past.

to the point that over the last few days ive went from trying to add new cds ive bought, to now a totally empty ipod and i cant get anything to go on it. hell i cant even figure out how to synce the damn thing.

You have ripped your CDs to your HD, right? or are you trying to sync them to the iPod from the CD?

You use Apple products?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    ok ive used my ipod now for about 2 years and 3 months. i had all of my music on it and nevr had an issue using the ipod program to add music. but over the last 2 years apple has updated their program several times, and it has went from easy to use to impossible, to the point that over the last few days ive went from trying to add new cds ive bought, to now a totally empty ipod and i cant get anything to go on it. hell i cant even figure out how to synce the damn thing. it says its syncing but NOTHING new is on my pod. so i deleted everything and did a reset on the pod. now i cant get anything to work excpet for songs ive downloaded back during the napster days. as for cds i actually own, and theyre are lots....i can get them into the program and they show up as is supposed to. but when i pull the into my play list as new songs, they never get added during the sync.

i thought maybe i was running out of room on my 160G pod so i deleted it all and tried just a few cds. i cannot get anything to go onto the pod. wth am i doing wrong? 4 hours later and im about ready to crush the $#@!ing thing.

help please.
    have you changed the location of any of the music files on your computer? When the iPod completed the sync cycle, did you get any type of error message?

This used to be my bootanimation on my phone.

Did you try turning it off and back on again?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Did you try turning it off and back on again?

Fricken Genius.

The adult sites load much faster now.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    Napster? Holy blast from the past.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

help please.
    Stop using Apple products. Seriously.
    They hate their costumers or something.

Itunes has always sucked but I agree that the newest version is off-the scale bad. Everything these days has to look good with moving menu's and whatnot. That the software is unstable and sucks up CPU/RAM is something they don't care about at Apple. Also I'm pissed off that I have to use glass-suction cups to get to the insides of MY computer that I bought... I know it's full of dust and I need new conductive paste on the processor, having apple do that is at least 500$ and I don't thrust them with my HD's. But yeah, I'm still using an IMAC but my next machine won't be Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    have you changed the location of any of the music files on your computer? When the iPod completed the sync cycle, did you get any type of error message?
    no. no music change locations have took place. i think i may have figured it out but im just guessing. it seems apple wants total control over what you run through this program. in the past ive always used windows media player to rip the CD to my desktop with lossless quality and THEN i would pull that into itunes.

well now when i do this, literally out of 17 freakin times i did this last night, itunes would allow me to place it in the program, and it WOULD show up in my list, but it wouldnt load onto the pod. but for some weird reason it did load on 2 random occasions. seems that the same steps gave different results at random. im wondering if apple is making it to where you HAVE to use itunes to rip the cd so they can somehow have more control over your music. they offer lossless quality as well, but it is a nightmare trying to find those files to do a backup so i wont have to rip my CDs again if my computer dies. i have over 300 CDs so im trying to stay away from itunes storing them if that makes sense.

but i guess ill try letting itunes rip them anyway and see what happens. thats my last resort. i dont have a clue what else to do.

and yes i did restore my ipod, and i did do a clean from scratch computer reinstall of windows. it needed it anyway. so i have new versions of all things running and still have no luck doing it the way i used to.

if this doesnt work and i have trouble again, i am going to look for other options. is there anything else on the market such as an ipod? i just need something to take my music with me in the jeep or bike riding.

here goes the next 10hrs ripping my CDs again! thanks apple!!!!

hipsters and teenagers and women use apple products.

the general population uses an android powered phone but has no idea what OS they're using, only the brand name of the phone.

techies and coders and other varying degrees of nerds and geeks tend to prefer android devices.

reptilian humanoids from middle earth are apparently the only ones using the windows phone.

old folks use dumb phones.

criminals use burners.

ok ive used my ipod now for about 2 years and 3 months. i had all of my music on it and nevr had an issue using the ipod program to add music. but over the last 2 years apple has updated their program several times, and it has went from easy to use to impossible,....

....i thought maybe i was running out of room on my 160G pod so i deleted it all and tried just a few cds. i cannot get anything to go onto the pod. wth am i doing wrong? 4 hours later and im about ready to crush the $#@!ing thing.

I have a 160GB iPod Classic, and had the same problem. Apple seems to have the view that if something is easy to do, it's time to convert it to a complicated pain in the ass.

For what it's worth - and I don't know if this will help you or not - in my case, I uninstalled the current version of iTunes on my laptop and then re-installed an older version, one I was familiar with and knew would work. It worked. After that, I made sure NOT to upgrade to any newer versions of iTunes.

Here's a link to a site I used, with directions on the best way to uninstall and where to go to download an earlier version of iTunes:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/rever...nes-32590.html

And for anyone who wants to bellow "the hell with the directions!" and wishes to jump ahead to the end of the book (the butler did it!) here is the link to a site where most of the earlier versions of iTunes can be downloaded:

http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php

NOW... all that being said, I'll have to admit that over the last year or so, I've pretty much stopped using my iPod and have migrated over to my Android phone for all my listening. I always have my phone with me anyway.

Good luck with your iPod - and if you *DO* get angry enough to destroy it, be sure to be creative and get it all on video!

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    hipsters and teenagers and women use apple products.

the general population uses an android powered phone but has no idea what OS they're using, only the brand name of the phone.

techies and coders and other varying degrees of nerds and geeks tend to prefer android devices.

reptilian humanoids from middle earth are apparently the only ones using the windows phone.

old folks use dumb phones.

criminals use burners.
    newsflash: teenagers and women are both part of the general population.

Indeed. And the new operating system stinks more than any other.

If it ain't broke, break it.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    newsflash: teenagers and women are both part of the general population.

Yeah, I know. But in that instance I was referring to apple products. Those tend to be the primary users.

However, the population at large uses an android device, I was only...

Eh never mind. I suck at explaining myself.
    Last edited by pessimist; 10-26-2014 at 09:21 PM.