Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Former RPF Member Iyad el Baghdadi Seeks Asylum in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Meatballs with grape jelly , LOL .Kludge is the man . He got by with it .
    I've been cooking mine in grape jelly and bbq sauce for many moons. VERY tasty! If you cook them just right they get a nice spicy/sweet glaze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's asked me to share this video on here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-MIZZ7NBlE

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Swedes are goofy.

Teh amypi haz connections! I am impress.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Teh amypi haz connections! I am impress.
    No need to be impressed, I consider him an e-friend and a rather thoughtful, independent, possibly revolutionary individual--if his message gets out. Share the video on YouTube, FB or whatever social media you use.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Come on mods! Fix the title ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Come on mods! Fix the title ffs.
    Okay, okay...he's not a "former" member, geez. I don't mind if the mods fix it though.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Luctor et emergo lives in the Netherlands - maybe he could go there?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Okay, okay...he's not a "former" member, geez. I don't mind if the mods fix it though.
    Geez what? It's not about you. This thread has a life now and deserves to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Geez what? It's not about you. This thread has a life now and deserves to be fixed.
    Um. Of course it's not about me, it never was. Report it and ask the mods to fix it. I can't change the title.

Um. Of course it's not about me, it never was. Report it and ask the mods to fix it. I can't change the title.
    I know you can't.

3,141,592 million thumbs up.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    3,141,592 million thumbs up.
    It actually brought tears to my eyes when he started talking about his infant son--who strangely looks a bit like my daughter when she was an infant.

And yeah, cute pi response.

Where is Iyad now ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Where is Iyad now ?
    I believe he's in Oslo, could be wrong.

He mentioned that he had very slow internet, which is why he asked me to share the video, but it'd seem strange for Oslo to have lousy internet.

I believe he's in Oslo, could be wrong.

He mentioned that he had very slow internet, which is why he asked me to share the video, but it'd seem strange for Oslo to have lousy internet.
    Well , I am glad he made it that far away . So far so good then .

http://www.el-baghdadi.com/index.php...nism-and-islam

Philosophical libertarianism and Islam
    In my search in early Islamic intellectual history I noticed that early interpretations about free will were philosophically libertarian. In a free will context, "Libertarian" means the position that human beings have true free will, and a rejection of determinism. Pre-Islamic Quraysh, on the other hand, were hard determinists. They even commonly blamed their own immorality and excesses on fate. The Umayyads (direct as well as cultural descendants of Quraysh) would later seek to promote hard determinism under various guises. Umayyads (especially in their middle period) referred to fatalism in order to justify their own tyranny and to discourage rebellion.

Among the earliest "heretics" killed by the Umayyads was Ghaylan al Dimashqi, who was previously in the employ of Umar bin Abdulaziz. Umar bin Abdulaziz had tried to reverse the Umayyad trend, and appointed Ghaylan to return Umayyad family largesse back to the people. Ghaylan was both harsh and upfront about his despise and disgust with Umayyad excesses. After Umar's death he "had to go". So Umar's successors accused Ghaylan of being a "Qadari" (that he didn't believe in predestination) and tortured him to death for heresy. Till today he's often referred to as "Ghaylan al Qadari", although he almost certainly did not reject "qadar" (God's power on all things). If he had really been a heretic, Umar bin Abdulaziz (who was very selective) wouldn't have put him in such a high position. But then again history is written by the victors, and Ghaylan's story was written not by him but by those who put him to death for heresy.
    More at link...haven't read it all yet myself.

http://www.el-baghdadi.com/index.php...nism-and-islam

Philosophical libertarianism and Islam
    In my search in early Islamic intellectual history I noticed that early interpretations about free will were philosophically libertarian. In a free will context, "Libertarian" means the position that human beings have true free will, and a rejection of determinism. Pre-Islamic Quraysh, on the other hand, were hard determinists. They even commonly blamed their own immorality and excesses on fate. The Umayyads (direct as well as cultural descendants of Quraysh) would later seek to promote hard determinism under various guises. Umayyads (especially in their middle period) referred to fatalism in order to justify their own tyranny and to discourage rebellion.

Among the earliest "heretics" killed by the Umayyads was Ghaylan al Dimashqi, who was previously in the employ of Umar bin Abdulaziz. Umar bin Abdulaziz had tried to reverse the Umayyad trend, and appointed Ghaylan to return Umayyad family largesse back to the people. Ghaylan was both harsh and upfront about his despise and disgust with Umayyad excesses. After Umar's death he "had to go". So Umar's successors accused Ghaylan of being a "Qadari" (that he didn't believe in predestination) and tortured him to death for heresy. Till today he's often referred to as "Ghaylan al Qadari", although he almost certainly did not reject "qadar" (God's power on all things). If he had really been a heretic, Umar bin Abdulaziz (who was very selective) wouldn't have put him in such a high position. But then again history is written by the victors, and Ghaylan's story was written not by him but by those who put him to death for heresy.
    More at link...haven't read it all yet myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    No, lutefisk is only eaten to tolerated the women. He can come to Minnesota, I'll feed him Swedish meatballs and introduce him to our women...wait the meatballs have pork in them, nvm.
    Better to just go with Rocky Mountain or "prairie" oysters with a side of baked lamb fries. Cannot go wrong with that. lolz.

Genius:

Quote Originally Posted by Iyad El-Baghdadi
    I'd take living in a dungeon but being able to speak over living in a palace but being unable to speak truth to power.

My goal was always to be able to work at peak productivity and to be able to speak truth to power as effectively as possible.

Truth is, safety was never my goal. If I was after safety I'd still be doing startup consultancy in Dubai.

Sorry about that. I didn't crawl through hell and back to exchange words with morons.

Create terrorists then send F-16s to bomb terrorists. Then present yourself as a front line hero in the war on terror.
    Last edited by Weston White; 11-02-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

off (maybe on) topic: can someone tell me the name that Mr. Snowden posted here please?
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Luctor et emergo lives in the Netherlands - maybe he could go there?
    Also, eduardo is an international man of mystery who might be of help.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    off (maybe on) topic: can someone tell me the name that Mr. Snowden posted here please?
    It doesn't seem that he ever posted here. One of his known names is TheTrueHOOHA, see more at: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nment-to-Girls
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

and

LOL
    I like this guy already.

FYI: Iyad got to see his wife, baby boy on his 1st birthday and his own 38th birthday. Hoping this is permanent for him, but I don't have any details.

FYI: Iyad got to see his wife, baby boy on his 1st birthday and his own 38th birthday. Hoping this is permanent for him, but I don't have any details.
    9 times out of 10 in an asylum case, the decent guys get screwed over.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123