Thread: Unhappiness linked to low IQ?

Unhappiness linked to low IQ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-19659985

People with lower intelligence are more likely to be unhappy than their brighter colleagues, according to UK researchers.

Interesting. I always thought folks with a high or above average IQ were likely to be miserable, and suffer from a wide variety of psychological/emotional disorders.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well damnit!

Not only am I depressed I'm stoopit too......

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    I always thought folks with a high or above average IQ were likely to be miserable, and suffer from a wide variety of psychological/emotional disorders.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

lol I just found another article claiming that being intelligent can harm your health.

A high IQ has been linked to a number of different challenges such as mental health disorders. One example of a mental health disorder linked to a higher IQ is obsessive-compulsive disorder. Other problems can occur in areas such as communications skills. Yet another documented connection is that between a higher IQ and stress.

http://www.aboutintelligence.co.uk/h...ur-health.html

lol I just found another article claiming that being intelligent can harm your health.
    Being unintelligent makes you miserable, being miserable is bad for you, being intelligent is bad for you.

Interesting how good scientists are at maintaining a circle jerk that runs clockwise and counterclockwise at the same time.

Also interesting in this world where Big Pharma runs everything how everything is bad for you. Except, of course, for pharmaceuticals...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Not according to the old 1968 movie "Charly". Ignorance is bliss.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...75.7NWTKitpNt4

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Being unintelligent makes you miserable, being miserable is bad for you, being intelligent is bad for you.

Interesting how good scientists are at maintaining a circle jerk that runs clockwise and counterclockwise at the same time.

Also interesting in this world where Big Pharma runs everything how everything is bad for you. Except, of course, for pharmaceuticals...

Yeah, that is weird and suspicious how every 'study' revealing a 'truth' has one countering it stating the opposite.

A high carb diet is bad for you.
    Wait...no it's good for you.
    Ok maybe it’s bad for you after all.
    NO! On second thought it's actually good.

Maybe the secret here is moderation in life? Perhaps being 'average' is actually a good thing? Average intelligence, average looks, average height, weight, etc.

Maybe John and Sally Smith with their fenced in yard in the suburbs, golden retriever, two kids, and middle class lifestyle have cracked the code?

You calling me a dumb$#@!?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Interesting. I always thought folks with a high or above average IQ were likely to be miserable, and suffer from a wide variety of psychological/emotional disorders.
    I always assumed the further away from normal you are, in either direction, the more likely you are to have problems. If you're outside of the 70 - 130 range you're just not quite adapted right for the world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You calling me a dumb$#@!?
    No, no, not at all ... you're just "unhappy" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Yeah, that is weird and suspicious how every 'study' revealing a 'truth' has one countering it stating the opposite.

A high carb diet is bad for you.
    Wait...no it's good for you.
    Ok maybe it’s bad for you after all.
    NO! On second thought it's actually good.

Maybe the secret here is moderation in life? Perhaps being 'average' is actually a good thing? Average intelligence, average looks, average height, weight, etc.

Maybe John and Sally Smith with their fenced in yard in the suburbs, golden retriever, two kids, and middle class lifestyle have cracked the code?
    Not really. Very few studies claim to be definitive. (AFAIK, none do) It's customary in science for people to review peers' work for errors. If you read the language of studies or articles about studies, you find the word "may" and other indefinites a lot instead of "is". Correlation found in studies is not causation, ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Two babies were born on the same day at the same hospital. They lay there and
    looked at each other. Their families came and took them away. Eighty years
    later, by a bizarre coincidence, they lay in the same hospital, on their
    deathbeds, next to each other. One of them looked at the other and said, "So
    what did you think?" -- Steven Wright

Two babies were born on the same day at the same hospital. They lay there and
    looked at each other. Their families came and took them away. Eighty years
    later, by a bizarre coincidence, they lay in the same hospital, on their
    deathbeds, next to each other. One of them looked at the other and said, "So
    what did you think?" -- Steven Wright
    If you like Steven Wright, there is definitely hope for you.

One of my favorite comedians.

surreal, observational, intelligent, occasionally profound...what's not to like? It's the best type of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    If you like Steven Wright, there is definitely hope for you.
    One of my favorite comedians.

surreal, observational, intelligent, occasionally profound...what's not to like? It's the best type of humor.
    My all-time favorite Steven Wright joke:

"One time, my grandma gave me ten dollars.
    She said, 'Here. Don't tell your mother.'
    I said, 'It's gonna cost you more than that, grandma ...'"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is this troll still on RPF? Could his idiocy and intent be any more obvious?

Well, this "pessimist" couldn't be more obvious to me. You're very perceptive.
    Last edited by pessimist; 10-26-2014 at 01:34 AM.

So those people calling me a happy idiot were wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members