Thread: Will Grigg: Resistance is Futile... (re: Mother Jones article "The Making of the Warrior Cop")

Will Grigg: Resistance is Futile... (re: Mother Jones article "The Making of the Warrior Cop")

Resistance is Futile, and Grounds for Summary Execution
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ary-execution/
    William Norman Grigg (24 October 2014)

A drone sent to assimilate technology and living victims on behalf of Star Trek’s Borg Collective:

A Borg starter kit available to human predator drones sent to deal with people who resist the demands of the state Collective, as displayed at the recent “Urban Shield” SWAT expo in Oakland. (See the terrific, and terrifying, report in Mother Jones.)

"Resistance is Futile, and Grounds for Summary Execution" by William Norman Grigg is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0

A brief excerpt from the Mother Jones article (emphasis added):
    "Want to see the new toy?" a vendor asked a police officer in camo. He handed him a pamphlet for his company, Shield Defense Systems. "This will blind anyone for 10 minutes. Imagine, walk into a bar fight, blind everyone, then figure out what's going on. [...]"
    And here's some more:
    The event felt surprisingly open at first—vendors talked to me freely and I could sit in on workshops—but by the second day, I started noticing cops whispering to each other while looking in my direction. Some came over to feel me out, asking what I thought of the term "militarization." One of them worked for the Northern California Regional Intelligence Center, a Homeland Security project to coordinate intelligence from local cops and federal agencies like the FBI. As I flipped through the counterterrorism handbook at his booth, he snatched it away. "That's for law enforcement only," he said. He told me he knew who I was.

The mission of the center is to "detect, prevent, investigate and respond to criminal and terrorist activity." When another reporter, Julia Carrie Wong, visited their office during the convention, she found them tracking tweets from the few hundred protesters gathered outside.

From inside the hall, cops watched warily as the demonstrators chanted slogans about Ferguson. "If I see someone with an upside-down flag, I'm going to punch him in the face," one said to his team. Nearby, a vendor sold shirts with slogans of his own. One bore the image of a Spartan helmet and the phrase "Destruction cometh; and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none." His most popular shirt read "This Is My Peace Sign"; it showed crosshairs centered on what I briefly took to be a person with his hands up, though it was actually an AR-15 sight.

He told me to make sure I remembered one thing: We are sheep and police are the sheepdogs. They protect us, and they kill the wolves. I pointed at the shirt and asked, "The person in the sight, is that the flock or the wolf?"

"If he's in the crosshairs, it's gonna be the wolf," he said. "It's gonna be the bad guy."
    And some more (emphasis added):
    One SWAT commander told Kraska, "The key to our success is that we're an elite crime fighting team that's not bogged down in the regular bureaucracy. We focus on quality of life issues like illegal parking, loud music, bums, troubles."
    Read the rest of the MJ article here: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...n-urban-shield
    Last edited by jct74; 10-24-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.