Thread: PHOTOS: Rand Paul at BBQ fundraiser with State Rep. Bobby Kaufmann in Wilton, Iowa

Thumbs up PHOTOS: Rand Paul at BBQ fundraiser with State Rep. Bobby Kaufmann in Wilton, Iowa

On Wednesday evening, State Representative Bobby Kaufmann held a BBQ-style fundraiser with Rand Paul at the Wilton Community Center in Wilton, Iowa. This was probably the most interactive event between Rand and the political junkies in attendance, and I think offered a good opportunity for Iowans to better understand what Rand is all about. There were probably around 300 people in attendance. You can find more than 30 photos from the event HERE.

I am not entirely sure how liberty oriented Bobby Kaufmann is, so someone on the ground in Iowa would be able to weigh in more closely on that. And the NSA spying on cell phones being "none of their damn business" is always a great applause line.

You can find more than 30 photos from the event here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...7648932444472/
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That kind of attendance for a state rep fundraiser is kind of unheard of. Enter Rand

I am loving the new look.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    That kind of attendance for a state rep fundraiser is kind of unheard of. Enter Rand
    Joni Ernst also spoke later at the rally, but I doubt many people were there for Joni.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Gage how do you keep track of where Ron and Rand will be next and stay ahead on travel.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Gage how do you keep track of where Ron and Rand will be next and stay ahead on travel.
    I mostly just pay attention to media reports, and also sometimes hear about visits from people on Facebook. Rand PAC has been good lately about publishing upcoming travel schedules also.

http://randpac.com

The first thing that went through my mind ... everyone's wearing pretty fancy clothes considering they're all eating bbq. I can't ever eat that stuff without making a mess, try to NOT to wear a nice shirt when I know that's what I'm eating. .

Second thought was how much I appreciate Gage's work.

I am loving the new look.
    I assume you mean from the waist up?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was hoping for the corn tie, personally.