Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING! - NYC MSF bowling doc is possitive for Ebola!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This has been a long time coming. Just think about the people that you run into everyday who are completely ignorant and believe that the status quo will continue for eternity. There is almost a pathological belief that the natural rules governing the planet somehow do not apply to them. War. Famine. Disease. Pestilence. Yeah. That's remnants from the past. I think we're getting closer to shearing day.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    This has been a long time coming. Just think about the people that you run into everyday who are completely ignorant and believe that the status quo will continue for eternity. There is almost a pathological belief that the natural rules governing the planet somehow do not apply to them.
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    yep.
    I call it first world psychosis.

There have been lots of doors opened here. One of the most important things to do when dealing with an outbreak is to maintain traceability. The first time someone contracts the disease where it is not immediately traceable, panic will ensue. You can already see some mild hysteria already.

It seems like this latest outbreak has already crested (or is very close to the crest), but there have been lots of openings in this one. The next outbreak is going to be bad. Very, very bad.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Meh. I've been following potential tragedies: Y2K, bird flu, nuclear holocaust, etc. since I was in my early teens. The big one will hit some day, but I realized, I'd probably die of a heart attack first from over stressing all these duds.

Some day we all will die, until then prep your food, medicinals, know how to deal with emergencies, but never sweat it. It's part of life.

This may be the big one. More than likely (based on history) it isn't. I'm as prepared as I can be. May last breath will be with a joke on my lips and a prayer in my heart.
    Well, 50 million died worldwide from the Spanish Influenza epidemic in 1918. That was roughly 96 years ago. I'd say we're due for another purge.

Ha ha. OMG. I love public officials!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/politi...ola/index.html

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So is that number 3 or number 4?

Within all this hysteria and chaos, I'm losing track counting on my fingers.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Symptoms take at least a week to appear

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Ebola hearing on now C-SPAN2

majority of symptoms appear 7-11 days after exposure
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...99#post5681499
    Hearing streaming on CSPAN2 http://www.c-span.org/video/?322258-...-outbreak&live

So if anyone was infected by this doctor, we should begin to hear about it the day before Halloween.

NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...walk-trash-can
    If there was one theme from last night's Cuomo/De Blasio Ebola press conference it was 'how everyone has been preparing for months' for Ebola. We can all be reassured, right? Wrong! As The Daily Mail reports (and these stunning photos show), the police officers involved in securing Dr. Spencer tossed their gloves, masks and the caution tape used to block off access to his apartment in a public trash can.
    [...]
    Not just any trash can, but one on a public street corner...

While it is unclear whether the police entered the apartment (which is now locked down and isolated), some are suggesting that for the sake of safety - not to mention public sanity - it would have made sense to discard of these masks and gloves and tape in a biohazard bag.

Seems like not everyone has been preparing for months (since August) for Ebola... no matter, we are all assured by Cuomo's reassuring words that Ebola is very hard to catch (just don't tell the hundreds of healthcare workers who have been infected despit all their precautions).
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Medicine sans frontier. French for Doctors without Bordersrains.
    Fixed that fer'y.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

same as AIDS..

no worries.

If a few more cases erupt and can be tied to this imbecile doctor, implying contagion, it should be amusing to sit back and watch how the rats respond... all from the comfort of my remote farm in the western reaches of West Virginia. Might not be so amusing, however, for the people stuck there. The mass exodus could prove most interesting... after all, where would most of those people go? But if a panic breaks out, everyone will be bolting for the doors.

I trust we all here realize just how tenuous this could become, and in fact, already is? Naught more than the mere perception of danger is needed to initiate a stampede.

I am thinking Theye have finally unleashed a perfect boogeyman... at least for certain markets.

Someone bring the popcorn. I've got the beer and hooch. This may prove amusing.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Sure glad the CDC's $7 billion budget is proving money well spent. o_O
    It's almost $12b, but who is counting?

It really is amazing how much money pours into Government departments. When a private company reports earnings for $1b for a year it is a huge deal. These Government $#@!s get orders of magnitude more each year.

reminds me of that old sci-fi movie This Island Earth for some reason. Their planet is constantly under attack, and finally...they succumb...

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    You have respect for some ahole who went to Africa to treat other sick people but who didn't have respect for his fellow man here in this country? How selfish to go work directly with the disease and then potentially expose others....just so he could go have fun. Its not like he needed to go away for the rest of his life. Its only 3 friggn weeks.

This guy deserves no respect. He is a selfish peice of trash. I certainly hope we don't use my tax dollars to treat this ahole.
    One of these Doctors was on CNN last night talking about this. It does come off as a bit of an ego thing. They do their volunteering, probably with vacation time, and when they come back, they want to go straight back to work so that they can "make money and pay the bills".

IMHO, quarantine time and arrangements need to be built into these charity vacations. They should have a comfortable place with an internet connection to wait out those 21 days. Self-quarantine is an obvious failure with medical personnel.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    reminds me of that old sci-fi movie This Island Earth for some reason. Their planet is constantly under attack, and finally...they succumb...
    Great flick. Only problem: we don't have space ships with which to escape the planet.

While it should be policy to be extra safe with quarantine of exposed persons, to the best of our knowledge at this point, a patient is not contagious until they run a fever. And the exposure would be at it's worse when they start vomiting. When one of these patients spews on a crowded subway train, then we have big problems.

In this specific situation, it's highly unlikely that anyone at the bowling alley, restaurant or subway was exposed. His partner would be at the highest risk, and even she will probably not get it. At this point, it's the people treating and caring for him that are at the greatest risk.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If those cops went into the apartment and discarded their gloves in a publicly accessible trash bin instead of an appropriate biohazard bag they should not only be quarantined for 21 days, they should also be prosecuted for endangering public safety. Either the cops directly or their superiors for not informing them correctly. Someone should get some punishment for this.

Ebola is not hard to 'stop', except when there are idiots like these (apparently) who don't seem to understand even the basics of the infectious nature of ebola. Public officials dealing with ebola should be well informed, if they are not someone should be punished for that. They endanger a lot of people out of carelessness which is completely and 100% avoidable with proper protocols.

PS: just some funny thoughts regarding that; cops sometimes 'bend' the laws a bit so they turn out in their favor. It seems like they are trying to do the same with the laws of nature. Like they are suspended above them. Like Doug Stanhope says so eloquently; "If you sit on a tack - You will bleed from the Ass."
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 10-24-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    If those cops went into the apartment and discarded their gloves in a publicly accessible trash bin instead of an appropriate biohazard bag they should not only be quarantined for 21 days, they should also be prosecuted for endangering public safety. Either the cops directly or their superiors for not informing them correctly. Someone should get some punishment for this.

Ebola is not hard to 'stop', except when there are idiots like these (apparently) who don't seem to understand even the basics of the infectious nature of ebola. Public officials dealing with ebola should be well informed, if they are not someone should be punished for that. They endanger a lot of people out of carelessness which is completely and 100% avoidable with proper protocols.
    I would guess that the tape was outside the apartment, and those cops never went into the apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

Cops.

Held accountable?

Punished for violations of procedure and policies?

Cops.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    If a few more cases erupt and can be tied to this imbecile doctor, implying contagion, it should be amusing to sit back and watch how the rats respond... all from the comfort of my remote farm in the western reaches of West Virginia. Might not be so amusing, however, for the people stuck there. The mass exodus could prove most interesting... after all, where would most of those people go? But if a panic breaks out, everyone will be bolting for the doors.

I trust we all here realize just how tenuous this could become, and in fact, already is? Naught more than the mere perception of danger is needed to initiate a stampede.

I am thinking Theye have finally unleashed a perfect boogeyman... at least for certain markets.

Someone bring the popcorn. I've got the beer and hooch. This may prove amusing.
    Luckily I live near a number of the uptown bridges. I have family about a 3 days walk from here, and I always have 5 days of supplies.

EDIT: NPR (WNYC) just reported that the cleaning crew for the patient's apartment wore no protective gear...
    Last edited by jonhowe; 10-24-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Cops.

Held accountable?

Punished for violations of procedure and policies?

Cops.

It will probably never happen, but it should.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    You have respect for some ahole who went to Africa to treat other sick people but who didn't have respect for his fellow man here in this country? How selfish to go work directly with the disease and then potentially expose others....just so he could go have fun. Its not like he needed to go away for the rest of his life. Its only 3 friggn weeks.

This guy deserves no respect. He is a selfish peice of trash. I certainly hope we don't use my tax dollars to treat this ahole.

[/B]
    I don't think it's that black and white. I agree that he should have self-quarantined for a period of time and refrained from going out and about until he was positive Ebola wasn't present in his system, but he was asymptomatic so the risk of exposing others was extremely low, if not nil. The guy was "reckless," especially for a doctor who was in contact with Ebola patients, I don't disagree with that. He did monitor his temperature and seek medical attention as soon as the symptoms presented themselves, and he did risk his life to help contain the outbreak in Africa, which is crucial. Given that, I find it difficult to just write him off as an $#@!. However, I'd have a very different opinion of him if it were contagious at the stage where symptoms aren't present.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One of these Doctors was on CNN last night talking about this. It does come off as a bit of an ego thing. They do their volunteering, probably with vacation time, and when they come back, they want to go straight back to work so that they can "make money and pay the bills".

IMHO, quarantine time and arrangements need to be built into these charity vacations. They should have a comfortable place with an internet connection to wait out those 21 days. Self-quarantine is a obvious failure with medical personnel.
    To be fair, he was not allowed to work at Presbyterian or come in contact with patients during the quarantine period. They banned healthcare workers (including volunteers in Africa) from returning to work for 21 days.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Even if AJ says it's true?
    AJ is doing a bang up job fear mongering over Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    To be fair, he was not allowed to work at Presbyterian or come in contact with patients during the quarantine period. They banned healthcare workers (including volunteers in Africa) from returning to work for 21 days.
    That's good.

This was a different Doctor on CNN discussing all of the reasons why he could not quarantine himself after treating Ebola patients in Africa. "Have to go to work", "have to make money", "have to go out and get food", "too boring to stay at home", etc. I got the impression, rightly or not, that his trips to Africa were mostly for entertainment and his resume, and likely his religion advocates good works or atonement.

http://www.voxday.blogspot.com/2014/...la-in-nyc.html

I suspect a lot of Americans will be feeling rather conflicted about the latest Ebola news:
    [...]
    The thing is, this variant of Ebola doesn't appear to be as contagious as originally feared. Once it became clear that the family who stayed in an apartment with the sick Liberian who died did not become infected, and that none of the police and paramedics who attended him without proper precautions did not become infected either, the logical conclusion is that there will not be a massive African-style outbreak in the USA.

Of course, the logical conclusion can only hold insofar as the information we have is accurate. So, it's certainly too soon to be confident that the danger has passed. But let's face it, if the country wasn't being run by the sort of idiot Axis of Lunacy people elected by NYC voters, there wouldn't be any Ebola in the country in the first place. Actions have consequences, after all. Vote Obama, get Ebola in your neighborhood.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Look at this logically.

No one has gotten infected so far reported from casual contact with a person that was infected with ebola. None of the Liberian associates even the ones that lived in the apt for days after he was sick and threw up on the sidewalk. Not even his GF who slept in the same bed with him. None of the people around the nurses have reported sickness.

When there is a casual contact reported with Ebola or someone has no clue how they contracted it, that is when the alarm bells should sound.

This has so far shown to be contagious when the infected person is close to death(incapacitated) or dead. If someone is laying down in their own vomit and waste stay the hell away. The biggest immediate risk NOW is to healthcare workers. The most in danger coming around that DOC are the people in that hospital, treating him in NY. As of date no one in USA has survived without treatment in a level 4 hospital staffed by 60 or more people for one patient. Get him to one of the Level 4 hospitals ASAP so no more healthcare workers get it.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Look at this logically.

No one has gotten infected so far reported from casual contact with a person that was infected with ebola. None of the Liberian associates even the ones that lived in the apt for days after he was sick and threw up on the sidewalk. Not even his GF who slept in the same bed with him. None of the people around the nurses have reported sickness.
    Without any knowledge on the specific subject matter, it could be possible that a (maybe rather large) portion of the population already has some form of antibodies protecting them against ebola. Although sometimes large parts of families have been wiped out by ebola, sometimes people rather close don't seem to catch it. I am not talking of first hand experience here, I have just read some studies and watched some documentaries as well as news reports. It could be possible that there are some parameters that have to be met before someone can be infected. I do not know. What is certain though is that it has nothing to do with the health of the person acquiring the disease. Otherwise healthy people have caught it. If there are factors that have to be met before infection is successful or if some people have antibodies then this is not known at this point.

It is my opinion that while we may have a more hygienic society in the west this could also be our downfall in this regard. I don't like the panic that some people show but we do have to be vigilant. At this point anyone is just as likely to catch the disease when coming into contact with it, no hard facts prove otherwise. If the disease spreads here because we underestimate the problem then our economies will be crippled. Unlike African countries with little or no GDP to speak of this will affect us. We don't have to quarantine everyone or start taking civil liberties away, we should however be very careful and precise with how we educate the people that are dealing with any patients that may arise in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Look at this logically.

When there is a casual contact reported with Ebola or someone has no clue how they contracted it, that is when the alarm bells should sound.

This has so far shown to be contagious when the infected person is close to death(incapacitated) or dead. If someone is laying down in their own vomit and waste stay the hell away. The biggest immediate risk NOW is to healthcare workers. The most in danger coming around that DOC are the people in that hospital, treating him in NY. As of date no one in USA has survived without treatment in a level 4 hospital staffed by 60 or more people for one patient. Get him to one of the Level 4 hospitals ASAP so no more healthcare workers get it.
    Agree.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast