Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Either Praise the Police, or Shut Up

Exclamation Either Praise the Police, or Shut Up

Grigg!

H/T to FreedomFanatic

Either Praise the Police, or Shut Up

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com...r-shut-up.html

Following Alexander the Great’s conquest of Persia, members of the Persian elite were required to prostrate themselves before their new ruler. Polyperchon, one of Alexander’s generals, sternly rebuked one of the Persians whose self-abasement was seen as inadequate.

“Come on, don’t just touch the floor with your chin,” demanded Alexander’s arrogant underling. “Bang it, man! Bang it!”

Police union commissar Patrick J. Lynch displays more than a hint of that attitude in dealing with a public that at long last has become disgusted with routine and impenitent criminal corruption on the part of the state’s consecrated dispensers of violence.

For Lynch – whose views are very commonplace in law enforcement – any attitude toward police other than abject, servile gratitude is unacceptable, and perhaps even criminal. This is true even of those who preface modulated discussion of unambiguous criminal misconduct with the familiar disclaimer: “Not all cops are bad.”

“Proclaiming that `not all cops are bad’ implies that rational people might somehow believe the opposite,” Lynch whined in a recent column for the New York Post. “It lends cop-haters a credibility they don’t deserve. And it minimizes the dedication and professionalism that police officers display, day in and day out, by implying that it’s the exception rather than the rule.”

From Lynch’s perspective, sycophancy toward the licensed purveyors of violence is a civic obligation, and the public has a duty to sustain the pretense that every single police officer is a divinely commissioned instrument of justice and the distillate of valor.

Lynch demands that the public accept the proposition that “all cops put their lives on the line to protect all New Yorkers.” The NYPD formally repudiated that claim in its official reply to a lawsuit filed by the heroic Joseph Lozito, who was cut to ribbons while taking down crazed serial killer Maksim Gelman in a subway car as Officer Terrance Howell cowered behind a glass partition.

Howell was hailed as a “hero,” and the NYPD deflected Lozito’s lawsuit by insisting that “under well-established law, the police … have no special duty” to protect an individual citizen.

For cops, “officer safety” is always the prime directive. Lynch would contend that the public must embrace Howell as a hero because of his occupation – or, failing that, stifle any criticism of his behavior. Extolling him as a heroic exemplar is acceptable; describing him as an anomalous “bad apple” is not.

According to Lynch, police are victimized by an invidious double standard. After all, “when a patient dies on the operating table under dubious circumstances, elected officials don’t rush to reassure the public that not all surgeons are incompetent. If an airline pilot is caught drinking before take-off, TV talking heads don’t remind us that the majority of pilots are sober.”

Leaving aside the fact that the mechanisms of professional accountability for surgeons and pilots are much more demanding than those that exist in law enforcement, the most obvious problem with Lynch’s desperate analogy is that people in those professions are actually rendering a service to the public. Police have no enforceable duty to do likewise.

Doctors help their patients; pilots safely convey passengers to their chosen destinations. Private security personnel defend persons and property. For people in those professions, success is measured in terms of positive outcomes for paying customers, and failure is recognized as either unavoidable misfortune or culpable incompetence.

For police officers, by way of contrast, “success” results when those targeted in displays of government-sanctioned violence either submit or are subdued, often with lethal consequences – even when the recipient of that violence did nothing to warrant such treatment.

According to Lynch, the death of Eric Garner – who was suspected of selling untaxed cigarettes -- at the hands of an NYPD thugscrum was a “success.” Once the officers had decided to abduct Garner, “failure” – meaning successful resistance by their victim – was no longer an option.

What should police do, Lynch complained in a recent press conference, “when we’re faced with a situation where the person being placed under arrest says, `I’m not going. I’m not being placed under arrest.’ What is it we should do? Walk away?”

If the arrestee wasn’t involved in an actual crime – and there’s no evidence that Garner had done anything other than embarrass plainclothes officers by breaking up a fight – then the inescapable answer is: Yes, the police should walk away.

“We don’t have that option,” Lynch asserts – which means that officers are entitled to “use necessary force to make that arrest.” In the case of Eric Garner, this included the use of an illegal chokehold by Officer Daniel Pantaleo, which resulted in a criminal homicide.

“There is an attitude on our streets today that it is acceptable to resist arrest,” grouses Lynch. “That attitude is a direct result of a lack of respect for law enforcement.”

Actually, that attitude is in large measure a reflection of the ever-escalating lawlessness of the government employees represented by Lynch and his comrades. It may also reflect a growing appreciation for the fact that resisting unlawful arrest — while considered a crime, and prosecuted as if it were — is an ancient, venerable, and indispensable right of free people. Under the still-valid Supreme Court precedent John Black Elk v. U.S. (1900), a citizen has a legally recognized right to use lethal force to prevent the consummation of an unlawful arrest, and bystanders likewise have a right (and perhaps a moral duty) to intervene on behalf of the victim.

Like other agencies of its kind, the NYPD is well-stocked with the kind of privileged bullies who have mastered the art of simultaneously swaggering and simpering. Thus anonymous NYPD sources described anti-police graffiti to the New York Post as “a disturbing hate crime.”

Through video surveillance, the NYPD identified 36-year-old Rosella Best as the culprit. Best tagged police vehicles and a public school with graffiti expressing such eminently defensible (if grammatically awkward) sentiments as “NYPD pick on the harmless,” “NYPD pick on the innocent,” and — in a display of familiar but increasingly justified hyperbole — “NAZIS=NYPD.” (Assuming that Ms. Best used only “public” property as her canvas, it’s difficult to identify an actual victim in this case.)

Best was charged with “criminal mischief as a hate crime.” Under Article 485 of New York Penal Law, a “hate crime” must involve “violence, intimidation [or] destruction of property” inspired by animus toward people on the basis of “race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability, or sexual orientation.”

Absent from that inventory is any mention of occupation as a “protected category,” which means that the NYPD must consider itself to be either a tribe, a cult, or perhaps even a sexual orientation, most likely one that fetishizes sadistic mistreatment of the helpless.

The statute also specifies that the offending act must be intended to “inflict on victims incalculable physical and emotional damage” and be intended to “intimidate and disrupt entire communities….” By filing a hate crimes charge against Ms. Best, the NYPD is certifying that its rank and file consists of people who are wounded and intimidated by public criticism. If the bold and valiant badasses of the NYPD must be protected from hurtful words, they’re obviously not the kind of people who “put their lives on the line to protect all New Yorkers,” as Patrick Lynch would have us pretend.

All police officers embody “selflessness and courage,” Lynch maintains – but there is one “nightmare” that burdens their waking thoughts and holds sleep in abeyance: Accountability.

“We have watched in disbelief as the worst nightmare a police officer can have comes true,” wailed retired Jersey City Police Officer Robert Cubby in a post at LawEnforcementToday.com, referring to the prospect of criminal charges against Daniel Pantaleo for killing Eric Garner. “An NYPD officer applied what was falsely called a choke hold. Moments later, the perpetrator gasped for air and died in the hospital.”

These two developments, Cubby would have us pretend, were not necessarily related. It’s not that Garner’s government-employed assailants killed him; he just chose that particular moment to die.

Now that the death of Garner — who was not a “perpetrator” of any sort, once again, but rather a man who had just broken up a fight — has been ruled a homicide, the “career of those involved from the NYPD dangles from a thread,” moans Cubby. “The officers face the worst possible nightmare; loss of their career and being thrown in jail for a good portion of the rest of their lives.”

The same would be true of anybody else who fatally assaulted another human being without cause. Cubby and people of his ilk assume that police officers must be beyond accountability for such actions, and that the loss of their exalted station as dispensers of lethal force is a fate worse than death.

“While these officers now become defendants and have to, somehow, gather enough emotional strength to get through this horrible accusation [and] gather all their financial resources to defend themselves, stay out of jail and retain their jobs, it is time for the LEO family to support our NYPD brothers and sisters,” insists Cubby. He suggested that members of the state’s armed enforcement class display their solidarity with Garner’s killers through a “United We Stand with NYPD” social media campaign: Law enforcement officers and their friends were urged to change their Facebook profile picture to an upside-down NYPD flag. That green, white, and blue banner, which was adopted by the department in 1919, is draped over the coffins of officers who are killed in the line of duty.

After all, if a costumed tax-feeder can’t kill without consequence, what’s the point of living?

Cubby’s suggestion, it should be pointed out, was made before the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Missouri last August – which led to protests, riots, and a Fallujah-grade crack-down by fully militarized “local” police. The well-publicized conduct of the police in Ferguson finally forced the public to confront what the police have become.

This, in turn, helped propagate an epidemic of institutional self-pity within law enforcement, and Lt. Daniel Furseth of Wisconsin’s DeForest PD came down with a particularly severe case.

“Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man,” begins Furseth’s October 14 essay in American Police Beat Magazine. “I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve. I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.”

Furseth, like Lynch, is disillusioned not because of what their profession has become, but because of how it is perceived by an ungrateful public that is proving itself unworthy of their sanctified overseers. Furseth also seems deaf to the implications of his own overwrought, self-fixated rhetoric: If he stopped “caring” about the people he “serves,” shouldn’t he resign? Or is he admitting to being a state-licensed sociopath with permission to inflict violence on a public he now views with unfiltered scorn and unalloyed resentment?

“I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or `the police will take you away,’ embedding a fear from year one,” complains Furseth, offering a variation on Lynch’s complaint that even people who respect the police understand that they are agents of violence. He likewise condemns those who quite correctly describe the police as “just another tool used by government to generate `revenue.’”

In offering that particular complaint, Furseth reveals himself to be either incurably disingenuous, or a stranger to the concept of irony.

DeForest, Wisconsin is a town of about 9,000 people located not far from Madison, the state capital. It is roughly 91 percent white and has a crime rate less than one-third the national average – and a violent crime rate so low it doesn’t make the needle twitch. Revenue collection through traffic enforcement and OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) “saturation patrols” are the chief functions of that police department.

Furseth proudly describes himself as the creator of the Capital Area OWI Task Force, which regularly conducts patrols for the purpose of “pulling over drivers as often as possible in a friendly show of force,” in the oxymoron-infused language of a local news account.

The DeForest PD’s 2013 Annual Report smugly observes: “One individual stated the following on a social media site: `Dude, I refuse to drive into DeFo with anything remotely illegal in my car, it seems like there’s a cop on every street.’”

That’s a sensible precaution, given that the “friendly” people responsible for that state of affairs are not only doing everything possible to wring revenue from visitors, but are also obsessively monitoring social media.

“We represent a `Police State’ where `Jackbooted badge-wearing thugs’ randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights,” laments Furseth. “We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one….”

(Yes, yes you do. That is why there are no such things as "good cops". - AF)

Notably absent from his jeremiad is any acknowledgement, however qualified or tentative, that the perception he laments could possibly be justified. If he possesses so much as a particle of principled concern for the rights of innocent people, Furseth will reach beyond his privileged peer group and offer support to a local family who suffered horribly “without cause or concern for constitutional rights” in a 3:00 a.m. no-knock SWAT assault.

DeForest is about a half-hour from Madison, which is where the family of Bounkham Phonesavanh – more commonly known as “Baby Bou-Bou” --resides. The 20-month-old child was nearly murdered by police in Georgia last May 28th during a 3:00 no-knock SWAT raid. Acting on the basis of purchased intelligence from a petty criminal, the raiders attacked the home without warning, hurling a flash-bang grenade into the living room. The infernal device exploded in Bou-Bou’s crib, blowing off his nose and ripping open his chest.

The Phonesavanh family was residing temporarily with an aunt in Georgia. The parents weren’t suspected of any criminal conduct – but this didn’t prevent the invaders from assaulting the father, leaving him with a permanent shoulder injury. No drugs or other evidence was found at the home, nor was the relative suspected of drug dealing.

The tiny victim was still in a medically induced coma when Habersham County Sheriff Jerry Terrell officially exonerated the officers who had nearly murdered him: “I stand behind what our team did. There’s nothing to investigate, there’s nothing to look at.” Public outrage eventually led to a Grand Jury inquest, which did little more than ratify the sheriff’s claims

Following a six-day investigation, the Grand Jury declined to indict the law enforcement officers who participated in that atrocity.

The prologue to the grand jury’s “Presentment” is five pages of frothy self-justification and pious persiflage emphasizing the public-spiritedness of the panel and extending sympathy to both the victims and perpetrators of this atrocity.

“Nothing can be more difficult and heart-wrenching than injuries to one’s child,” the document asserts, before suggesting that inflicting such injuries can be just as traumatic to the exalted instruments of state coercion who nearly killed Bou-Bou: “[W]e wish to extend our sympathy also to the law enforcement officers involved… [W]hat has not been seen before by others and talked or written about, is that these individuals are suffering as well.”

That “suffering,” like the nearly fatal injuries to Bou-Bou, came after an investigation that was “hurried, sloppy, and unfortunately not in accordance with the best practices and procedures.” This wasn’t “criminal negligence,” mind you, but simply the regrettable result of “well-intentioned people getting in too big a hurry, and not slowing down and taking enough time to consider the possible consequences of their actions.”

This assessment might be appropriate in describing the distracted and inattentive cook who sets fire to a stove. Applying it to people who carried out an unjustified 3:00 a.m. military assault that left an infant fighting for his life is an obscenity.

The most abhorrent passage in this document comes on page 13, where “the parents and extended family” of the victim are cut in for a share of the blame, because they supposedly “had some degree of knowledge concerning family members involved in criminal activity that came in and out of the residence.” Bou-Bou’s parents had taken refuge with relatives in Georgia after their home in Wisconsin was burned down. They weren’t implicated in the alleged wrongdoing of their relative; they were simply desperate for a place to live.

Bou-Bou’s parents, who moved back to Wisconsin in July, have been saddled with more than $1 million in medical bills. After initially promising to help defray those expenses, Habersham County officials — displaying the selective, self-serving fastidiousness for “law” that is so typical of tyrants and bureaucrats — now insist that it would be “illegal” to do so.

Daniel Furseth is a neighbor to the Phonesevanh family. He ends his essay with a self-dramatizing flourish: “Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.”

If the compass of his caring extends beyond his comrades in the coercive caste -- and there is videotaped evidence that he has a soft spot for small children -- Furseth really should extend his sympathies to the Phonesevanhs – perhaps by organizing a fundraising effort to help those innocent people pay the costs of restoring their mangled baby to health.

(At least writing a SWLOD against the raid. - AF)

By doing so, however, Furseth would acknowledge that decent people have abundant reason to look upon the police with fear and suspicion – and this is a concession he probably cannot bring himself to make.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, you are basically saying you are unfit for the job.

Today, I Stopped Caring

Lt. Daniel Furseth

http://thepolicenews.net/default.asp...tartrow/75.htm

Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about

my community, my neighbors, and those I serve.

I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become

despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

(Why? - AF)

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids

right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law.

I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be

good or "the police will take you away" embedding a fear from

year-one.

(This is just good common sense to avoid you people at all costs. - AF)

Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and

remind them of the evil that lurks in the world. They would rather we

stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to "fix their kid".

I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from

mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers,

only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn't catch

the drunk before he killed someone they may know. Never less, we are

just another tool used by government to generate "revenue".

I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry

guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent

people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a Taser

during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the

guy who pulls a gun on us. And if we do have to shoot, we are asked

"why didn't you just shoot the gun out of their hand?"

And when one

of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are

rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, "It's just

part of the job".

(It is. Just like it is part of mine, which is statistically much more dangerous than yours, not to mention mine provides a valuable and needed commodity and doesn't involve kicking people's asses for no reason. And there are not "countless" attacks. So far in 2014 there have been a whopping, stunning total of...84...line of duty deaths. Out of over a million cops in the US. And of those only 36 were gunfire related. - AF)

I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are "the

Government". We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at

every turn. We represent a "Police State" where "jackbooted-badge

wearing thugs" randomly attack innocent people without cause or

concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and

Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help

change an old lady's tire.

I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly

demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place.

(I do not want you around, period. Having cop around is an indication of major failure in life planning. Having one around as friend or family is like having a rabid dog in the house, you never know when they will turn on you. - AF)

If a

crime isn't solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on

television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If

we do get "lucky" it was just that and everyone with a Facebook

account can post wonderful comments of how "they" would solve the

case and how "we" and not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from

a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath

of honor, thus firing up an Internet lynch-mob of cop haters because

"we all do the same things" even though 99% of us work twice as hard

not to end up in the news and to still be "the good guys". We are

"militarized" because we wear body armor and Kevlar helmets when

shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles

even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more

accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today's instantly

connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never

accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else

instead of themselves.

(I submit the police departments that, in over a hundred years, have never ONCE found themselves guilty of abuse. - AF)

To ask "what is in it for me?" versus "what

can I do for you?" To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexual promiscuous

behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement.

To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or

an education is a hassle. To steal versus earn. To hate versus help.

Yes, I stopped caring today.

But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on,.................... and

I will care again.

Lt. Daniel Furseth

DeForest Police (WI)

February 7, 2014

Just noticed this gem:

To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or

an education is a hassle. To steal versus earn. To hate versus help.

Where does this idiot think his money comes from?

I think being a cop is more of a vice than smoking weed...

These brave Officers just get no appreciation. That's why, sometimes it's necessary to honor their memory by shutting down a major interstate highway for several hours for an Officer's funeral procession.

It helps to remind people of how selfless & heroic they are, because sometimes people forget.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 10-23-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on,.................... and

I will care again.

Well $#@! that ruined the whole story I was hoping you'd take a handful of percocets or something.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Well $#@! that ruined the whole story I was hoping you'd take a handful of percocets or something.
    He went home and beat his wife and kids like most leos do. (statistical fact, leos beat their spouses at a much higher rate than the rest of us).

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Just noticed this gem:

Where does this idiot think his money comes from?

I think being a cop is more of a vice than smoking weed...
    How is smoking a plant and being an enforcer of arbitrary law and revenue source for the state even comparable? Shouldn't it be obvious which one is worse? lol

Under Article 485 of New York Penal Law, a “hate crime” must involve...
    Wow, they included everything but the kitchen sink in the hate crime statue, but they did leave out one...

Financial/Economic status

So the Cops are 'Green-Lighted' to beat the $#@! out of Poverty, The Poor, and the Homeless.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ummm, kopper Furseth I'd like to set forth that it's because "you care" about bilking the taxpayers you harass out of their hard earned money that you "show up for work"..

You care about exercising tyrannical power over those weaker than you..

You care about inflating your own ego for profit...

The whores and drug dealers at least provide the public with services they actually want to pay for...

Rot in hell you self righteous imbecille!

Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    He went home and beat his wife and kids like most leos do. (statistical fact, leos beat their spouses at a much higher rate than the rest of us).
    Stats? THat would be interesting to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    How is smoking a plant and being an enforcer of arbitrary law and revenue source for the state even comparable? Shouldn't it be obvious which one is worse? lol
    Obvious to you? Yes. Obvious to me? Yes. Obvious to 90% of Americans? Nope. I was reminding them

Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    They are psychopaths. I had a friend at Bell Labs... Jacquie. She'd dated a NJ state cop and when she called it quits... holy $#@!. Never knew how it all worked out, but were she pushing up daisies in multiple locations at the bottom of a superfund site, I would not be terribly surprised.

Never talk to police if you can avoid it, especially in places like NY, NJ, MA, IL, CA, MD, CT, RI, OH, and so on. They are mad dogs. Apologies to mad dogs worldwide.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    They are psychopaths.
    All of them? Most of them? Some of them? What exactly are you claiming here?

Never talk to police if you can avoid it, especially in places like NY, NJ, MA, IL, CA, MD, CT, RI, OH, and so on. They are mad dogs. Apologies to mad dogs worldwide.
    This I would agree with, unless you know the person personally.

They are authoritarians.
    They are enforcers of Authoritarianism.

If they were not,, they would not be in the position they are in,,
    Period.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/authoritarian
    : expecting or requiring people to obey rules or laws : not allowing personal freedom
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism
    Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by absolute or blind obedience to authority, as against individual freedom and related to the expectation of unquestioning obedience.
    Police,, by definition.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/police
    : to control and keep order in (an area) by the use of police or military forces

: to control (something) by making sure that rules and regulations are being followed
    Police (the very concept of police) should not exist in a free society. It is an authoritarian concept.
    It was imported here from an authoritarian country..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They are authoritarians.
    They are enforcers of Authoritarianism.

If they were not,, they would not be in the position they are in,,
    Period.

Police,, by definition.

Police (the very concept of police) should not exist in a free society. It is an authoritarian concept.
    It was imported here from an authoritarian country..
    Are all authoritarians psychopaths?

There are weird "groupie" cults of women in those states that seek out cops to date or $#@! on the side if they are married.

Very strange...

They are psychopaths. I had a friend at Bell Labs... Jacquie. She'd dated a NJ state cop and when she called it quits... holy $#@!. Never knew how it all worked out, but were she pushing up daisies in multiple locations at the bottom of a superfund site, I would not be terribly surprised.

No, not at all. Dictating how tall your neighbor's grass can be, for example, is a very normal, natural thing.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    No, not at all. Dictating how tall your neighbor's grass can be, for example, is a very normal, natural thing.
    The right to boss around your fellow man is a natural right.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There are weird "groupie" cults of women in those states that seek out cops to date or $#@! on the side if they are married.

Very strange...
    All women prefer Alpha men (observe what women do, not what they say). Being above the law is pretty damned Alpha.

Alpha $#@!s/Beta bucks. When women see "the wall" of their sexual worth approaching, they may cling on to Mr. Beta Bucks to provide for her, but she will never be truly happy, and will jump at the chance to bang an Alpha on the side.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Well,, that is a very good question. I do believe that argument could be made.

I suppose who gets to define psychopathy could define it as such.

It is the opposite of Liberty,, or "libertarian" . It is opposed to the concepts of individual sovereignty,
    It is polar opposite of everything that defines freedom. Or any concept of equality.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Very strange...
    Stay away from police, it leads to adultery

lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I understand that it isn't (for once your sarcasm is well-timed). Do all cops enforce those statues specifically? Can a decent person be brainwashed into thinking he has a right to do something like that because "its the law?"
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Well,, that is a very good question. I do believe that argument could be made.

I suppose who gets to define psychopathy could define it as such.

It is the opposite of Liberty,, or "libertarian" . It is opposed to the concepts of individual sovereignty,
    It is polar opposite of everything that defines freedom. Or any concept of equality.
    You are sort of preaching to the choir here. I don't like cops. But at the same time, I recognize that at least 90% of Americans are nowhere near agreeing with me on politics. I can see how one could make the argument that all of them are terrible people, but that's not an argument I really want to make. If nothing else, it would really suck, but its also inconsistent with my own observations. I know lots of people who are decent to others in their personal lives, but yet have outright awful political positions. Authoritarian positions, as you would say (and you'd be correct.)

Is every one of those people a psychopath? If the answer is "no", I don't see how everyone who decides to do what all of those 90% want to see done anyway (that is, to become a cop and enforce laws you and I know are unjust) is automatically a psychopath. If regular people can be asleep, why can't [some] cops be asleep to? Mind you, I do think the profession of police attracts sociopaths and psychopaths, but that doesn't mean every single one of them is. Some of them genuinely believe they're doing the right thing, even though they don't.

On the other hand, if the answer is "yes" than that's a problem that I frankly don't know how to deal with. If that's the case, we'd probably be better off all moving to the same place and just stop associating with non-libertarians at all. Heck, there are times when that idea is tempting anyway. But I still think the answer is "no."

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    All women prefer Alpha men (observe what women do, not what they say). Being above the law is pretty damned Alpha.

Alpha $#@!s/Beta bucks. When women see "the wall" of their sexual worth approaching, they may cling on to Mr. Beta Bucks to provide for her, but she will never be truly happy, and will jump at the chance to bang an Alpha on the side.

Stay away from police, it leads to adultery
    That's no lie.

Years ago I knew, through work, a couple of cops and their wives in the little town I lived in.

My God, the whole damn force was like an inbred hillbilly camp, wife swapping and $#@!ing each others spouses on a regular basis.

Statistical statement. Therefore, speaking to the mean.

This is demonstrated by the fact that virtually all police are willing to enforce statutes that are in themselves crimes against humanity. Recall that the "we're just following orders" and "we're only doing our jobs" arguments fail monumentally.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post

What a miserably loused up world Empire has provided us.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Statistical statement. Therefore, speaking to the mean.

This is demonstrated by the fact that virtually all police are willing to enforce statutes that are in themselves crimes against humanity. Recall that the "we're just following orders" and "we're only doing our jobs" arguments fail monumentally.
    Do those things make them sociopaths though? As opposed to just being as stupid as 95% of the population?

For better or for worse (I say for worse) the average person is not a radical libertarian. In my ideal society, it would be absolutely unthinkable to make ones living breaking into homes to look for drugs and so forth. But unfortunately, in our society, the average person does approve of such. Heaven knows that doesn't make it right, of course (I think I've been clear enough about that ever since I got here) but I don't think it inherently makes the enforcers psychopaths, at least not any more so than the average person who supports those laws is a psychopath. I think its more likely the average one is just ignorant. That's not to deny that there are a lot of cops who are psychopaths. Just to say that enforcing unjust laws, even laws that you or I would call crimes against humanity, isn't in and of itself conclusive evidence of psychopathy.

What a miserably loused up world Empire has provided us.
    Obi Wan Kenobi- Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine [Emperor Obamney] is evil

Anakin Skywalker- In my point of view the Jedi [libertarians] are evil

Obi Wan- Well then you are lost!

He will go back to "caring" tomorrow because he wants a paycheck and a pension.

His care is limited to his fellow men in blue. Not those he supposedly "serves."

Word plays always get me. It has amused me how they "serve" a warrant or their BS citations for victimless crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    He will go back to "caring" tomorrow because he wants a paycheck and a pension.

His care is limited to his fellow men in blue. Not those he supposedly "serves."

Word plays always get me. It has amused me how they "serve" a warrant or their BS citations for victimless crimes.
    but... but... freest country in the world and other stuff that we all know is wrong...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast