Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October 2014: Crude Oil To Da Floor!

October 2014: Crude Oil To Da Floor!

$60 / Barrel Crude in the next 6 months?

1. Oil futures at 2-year low as crude supply buildsMarketWatch‎ - 6 hours ago

Oil futures return to two-year lows after a weekly report on supplies shows a ...
    2. Investors Pile Into Oil Funds at Fastest Pace in 2 YearsBloomberg‎ - 1 day ago
    3. UPDATE 8-Oil dives after big US weekly crude stock buildReuters‎ - 3 hours ago

Last edited by presence; 10-22-2014 at 07:55 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    anybody still think that stuff really comes from Fossils?

or was it's original name correct. Rock oil.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Poor Keynesians might find this confusing. Pumping money into the economy does not automatically result in pumping gas. That takes a real economy, with materials and goods being shipped, and employees driving to work. A stagnant economy, with layoffs and high unemployment, results in less demand for fuel, no matter what the statistics and stock prices say.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post

People look in disbelief when I say this......
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    People look in disbelief when I say this......
    I know the type.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    $60 / Barrel Crude in the next 6 months?
    I doubt it, but if it does it won't stay there long. The supply of dollars will eventually crush any temporary excess supply of oil.

I just bought some oil stock.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post

Exactly... it is a natural process in the earth:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Poor Keynesians might find this confusing.
    And people who follow the peak oil theory (which most progressives and Keynesians do) have a major problem because once everyone realize that we are not going to run out of oil, all of the sudden a lot of their laws and regulations dont hold up
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    And people who follow the peak oil theory (which most progressives and Keynesians do) have a major problem because once everyone realize that we are not going to run out of oil, all of the sudden a lot of their laws and regulations dont hold up
    running out of oil is a given. (you can only stick so may straws into it)
    there is also plenty of rain in california. (it always was a desert) the problem is too many straws.

CO2 is not a pollutant? on that we can agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Exactly... it is a natural process in the earth:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin

Physical evidence does not support the abiotic theory of oil. Oil wells refilling? Leakage. Drink a glass of milk. A few minutes later you may find some more milk in the bottom of the glass. Abiotic milk grew in the glass? No, it was droplets from the sides which settled into the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Physical evidence does not support the abiotic theory of oil.
    Of course it does...

I'll bet Michael Ruppert being off'd had something to do with peak oil.. I always thought it was weird he was a big promoter, I wonder if they pushed him into doing that and if he eventually figured out he was wrong or something.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I just bought some oil stock.

I'd move to fiat for a few months if I was in oil.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Well , I currently have no oil , gave up on it a couple yrs ago , I think .I did just open my quarterly statement for most of my non commodity , or paper investments and was elated I lost only .8 % , that still leaves me up 4 1/2 for the past year , LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , I currently have no oil , gave up on it a couple yrs ago , I think .I did just open my quarterly statement for most of my non commodity , or paper investments and was elated I lost only .8 % , that still leaves me up 4 1/2 for the past year , LOL
    I think oil companies are having the same problem as gold miners. The price of oil and gold are not keeping up with inflation. Their costs are rising in terms of dollars but the price of oil and gold have been pretty much flat over the last 4 years or so. But I think there's going to be a rebound effect and gold and oil will go way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Physical evidence does not support the abiotic theory of oil. Oil wells refilling? Leakage. Drink a glass of milk. A few minutes later you may find some more milk in the bottom of the glass. Abiotic milk grew in the glass? No, it was droplets from the sides which settled into the bottom.
    Hi Zippy.
    I will presume that you understand the reason that the gasoline you put in your car today is an "organic" compound.
    certified "organic" even!

it is now WELL known that Saturn's moon titan has more "organic" compounds than exist here on earth.
    have we discovered evidence for alien life?

or did a cow jump over it?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think oil companies are having the same problem as gold miners. The price of oil and gold are not keeping up with inflation. Their costs are rising in terms of dollars but the price of oil and gold have been pretty much flat over the last 4 years or so. But I think there's going to be a rebound effect and gold and oil will go way up.
    I prefer copper , lead , silver , gold , pork bellies , heating oil , nat gas etc to oil , but you are right about oil , it has dropped 20 percent while groceries have gone up , part of the run up in grocery prices was because of the run up in diesel , but once those prices are adjusted , they will not be re adjusted for falling prices, just my guess . Gold looks pretty strong @ $1232 or whatever and while I did buy some coal stock after I quit oil , I would not suggest that to anyone as well .... If the world economies ever start to boom , oil will go 30 percent higher than it is now, my guess , copper will go up .Problem is , we have been flat for yr.'s and I do not see that changing.I have always expected things to remain stagnant until at some time, there would be the next down turn .

Looks like oil is below $80 .

Today , oil goes below $77 .

i would love to see oil at 40-50/ba

If it stayed there a long time, you would probably see a big dropoff in the fracking industry. Wells are expensive and peak after only a year or so which means lots of new wells need to be drilled each year just to maintain production levels. Of course that would mean lower supplies and prices rising again over time. Oil and energy seem to have regular booms and busts about every 20 years or so. High prices lead to more production. More production drops prices- production falls. Then prices rise again. Repeat.

Rising fuel prices drove a lot of inflation in the US. Will this cause deflation?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This article says Saudi Arabia is selling oil at a discount to the US.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/1...0IN1W420141103

There's no way oil stays this cheap for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rising fuel prices drove a lot of inflation in the US. Will this cause deflation?
    Not in grocery prices .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My guess , we are importing 30 % .Only a guess .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not in grocery prices .
    Takes a while to trickle down. Always easier to raise prices.

But deflation is not acceptable to the bankster and political elite. Fire up the printing presses and the helicopters!

If things get better , no it will not stay this low , if they do not , then this could be the norm , who knows ?

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...il-prices-fall

Will lower oil prices mean the end of the fracking boom? It won't stop fracking, but it could halt growth.

Will Wall Street Love Fracking as Oil Prices Fall?

On the day he spoke, Sept. 4, oil traded at about $95 a barrel. By Oct. 28 it was $80, and falling prices are testing investors’ commitment to the Wall Street-funded shale boom. The Energy Select Sector Index is down 15 percent since the end of August, compared with 2.1 percent for the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index. Investors’ attitude toward the oil and gas industry has “certainly changed in the last 30 days,” Ron Ormand, managing director of investment banking at MLV & Co., said on Oct. 13. “I don’t think the boom is over, but I do think we’re in a period now where people are going to start evaluating their budgets.”

Seven years into the shale boom, the oil and gas industry relies more than ever on Wall Street financing, and Wall Street is even more exposed to an industry known for wild ups and downs. U.S. onshore oil and gas producers sold new stock valued at $12.3 billion this year, the most in at least a decade, and issued an additional $29.2 billion in debt, according to Tudor Pickering Holt, an investment bank. Drillers, bankers, and analysts agree the shale industry couldn’t have grown so big so fast without cheap and readily available capital. “It was a credit boom just as much as it was the shale boom,” says Eric Cinnamond, manager of the $691 million Aston/River Road Independent Value Fund. “When it’s all-you-can-eat at the credit buffet, they’ll take advantage.”

More than a decade ago, a technological breakthrough enabled companies to use hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling to extract fuels buried miles-deep in shale rocks. The catch was that the wells cost more to drill and depleted faster than conventional wells—oil production from shale drilling declines by more than 80 percent over four years, more than three times faster than conventional vertical wells, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).

Wall Street was happy to supply the cash. The economics of shale production are easier for investment managers and analysts to model than those of conventional drilling, according to Ralph Eads, vice chairman of investment bank Jefferies (LUK). The traditional search for underground pools of oil and gas is a hit-and-miss process. In contrast, the locations of fuel-soaked shale are well-known. “External money has flowed to shale plays like it never flowed to conventional exploration,” says Michelle Foss, an energy economist at the University of Texas at Austin.

Another factor working in fracking’s favor: Investors didn’t have a wealth of other opportunities to choose from. “After the tech bubble and then the real estate bubble, Wall Street had to put its money somewhere,” says Michael Webber, the deputy director of the Energy Institute at the University of Texas at Austin. “They put a lot of it into domestic onshore oil and gas production.”

Lower oil prices threaten to turn off the cash spigot. The U.S. benchmark price dropped to $79.44 a barrel on Oct. 27, the lowest since June 2012. At that level, about one-third of U.S. shale oil production would be unprofitable, according to one recent estimate, by analysts for Sanford C. Bernstein (AB). “The cash flow will go down as the prices go down,” says Philip Verleger, who was the director of the Office of Energy Policy for President Jimmy Carter and runs an energy consulting firm. “The amount of money advanced to these people to continue the drilling will dry up entirely.” The IEA predicted in November 2013 that the U.S. would pass Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the biggest oil producer in the world by 2015. Any slowdown in U.S. output, says Vikas Dwivedi, an oil and gas economist for Australian investment bank Macquarie (MQG:AU), “would reshape the way everybody would think about oil.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-05-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Oil going below $77 today , I think.

This is all about getting those earnings up on every industry affected by energy costs, before a collapse in consume goods and unemployment explodes. Get those earnings up, up, & away... BTW, into the prime of hiring season, and unemployment apps are UP, 290K

25% down grade... truckers check your brakes: NYMEX Dec: $75

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/ener...eet-crude.html
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast