Thread: More Vietnam Vets Have Committed Suicide than Were Killed in the War

More Vietnam Vets Have Committed Suicide than Were Killed in the War

More Vietnam Vets Have Committed Suicide than Were Killed in the War

Laurence M. Vance

That is what Marjorie Cohn claims out in “US Government Sanitizes Vietnam War History.” Having written about military suicides several times, I have no doubt that what she says is true. What any of these Vietnam vet have committed if they had not gone to Vietnam. Perhaps a few. But not 58,000. Suicide is what fighting an unjust and immoral war leads to. I can’t imagine large numbers of men committing suicide years after actually defending the United States from attack.

Stay out of the military–you might commit suicide later. And that is no hyperbole.

6:39 pm on October 21, 2014

The Best of Laurence M. Vance
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ed-in-the-war/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a shame. That war should have never happen. The soldiers are basic cannon fodder--this government does not care whether they live or die.

“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” ~ Henry Kissinger
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Today's War on Terror is as manipulatively heartless and dysfunctional as was our Crusade Against Godless Communism.
    Expect the PTSD wounds in today's young people to have an equally depressing tally over the next three to five decades.

Thanks to war-mongerers, war profiteers, bankers, and power-hungry people everywhere... that generation of young men was basically $#@!ED.

An entire generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post

Thanks to war-mongerers, war profiteers, bankers, and power-hungry people everywhere... that generation of young men was basically $#@!ED.

An entire generation.
    There are 78,000,000 Boomers, ~57,000 Viet Nam US soldier deaths. Hardly an entire generation, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    There are 78,000,000 Boomers, ~57,000 Viet Nam US soldier deaths. Hardly an entire generation, not even close.
    There were almost 3 million American men who served in Vietnam. Death is hardly the only way to be "$#@!ED". This very article proves the mind-$#@! from the war for those who didn't die in combat. Not to mention the crackdowns at home, the heartache for families who learned that their sons had been killed in action, and the loss of liberty here at home which continues for generations afterwards.

http://www.nationalvietnamveteransfo...statistics.htm

Between 1995 and 2000, there were apparently 390 vets dying per day.

That is a $#@!ED generation.
    We Must Dissent.

There were almost 3 million American men who served in Vietnam. Death is hardly the only way to be "$#@!ED". This very article proves the mind-$#@! from the war for those who didn't die in combat. Not to mention the crackdowns at home, the heartache for families who learned that their sons had been killed in action, and the loss of liberty here at home which continues for generations afterwards.

http://www.nationalvietnamveteransfo...statistics.htm

Between 1995 and 2000, there were apparently 390 vets dying per day.

That is a $#@!ED generation.
    About as many in Viet Nam as in Korea. Fractional compared to WWII and the even much worse Civil War, as generational tragedies go.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    “Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” ~ Henry Kissinger
    Not caring about the pawns is a sign of a poor chess player.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    McCain & Graham push for a draft as BHO continues
    the practice under the "W" of reusing + recycling all
    unfortunate volunteers. ask me about a tragedy, now.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If I ever had a chance to get within arms reach of this particular war criminal I would do what needs to be done for "justice" sake. And feel fine with the corresponding results of my action.

Dear Lord (if you are there), this I pray. Give me 5 minutes alone in a men's room with this man and I will help make the cosmos right.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 10-22-2014 at 04:40 PM.

About as many in Viet Nam as in Korea. Fractional compared to WWII and the even much worse Civil War, as generational tragedies go.
    I don't really see the point in comparing the degrees of "badness" a generation tragedy is when they all should've never happened.

But fair enough point.
    We Must Dissent.

I don't really see the point in comparing the degrees of "badness" a generation tragedy is when they all should've never happened.

But fair enough point.
    The point was the original thread title and post. I don't know about the subsequent suicide rates of the veterans of the other US wars.

The point was the original thread title and post. I don't know about the subsequent suicide rates of the veterans of the other US wars.
    And my point was that they got $#@!ed both physically and mentally but you had to get semantic on me.
    We Must Dissent.

And my point was that they got $#@!ed both physically and mentally but you had to get semantic on me.
    It's a dirty job, but someone needs to do it. Otherwise how will anyone understand what the hell you are talking about?

"Say what you mean and mean what you say." "$#@!ed generation" just does not compute. Sorry.

It's a dirty job, but someone needs to do it. Otherwise how will anyone understand what the hell you are talking about?

"Say what you mean and mean what you say." "$#@!ed generation" just does not compute. Sorry.
    Everyone understands what I'm talking about except the happily semantic literalist known as Ronin Truth.

Though I guess I should be clearer and just say that I consider every generation as a "$#@!ED" generation in their own special ways.

I don't understand what you mean by "does not compute". Are you a computer now? I'm sorry, but you're a living being and you should say "that doesn't make sense to me", man.

*Grins*
    We Must Dissent.

Everyone understands what I'm talking about except the happily semantic literalist known as Ronin Truth.

Though I guess I should be clearer and just say that I consider every generation as a "$#@!ED" generation in their own special ways.

I don't understand what you mean by "does not compute". Are you a computer now? I'm sorry, but you're a living being and you should say "that doesn't make sense to me", man.

*Grins*
    Retired computer programmer, old habits die hard. Not speaking and writing literally, causes very strange behavior in the programs.

It seems you managed to catch the gist of my meaning. Mission accomplished.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Retired computer programmer, old habits die hard. Not speaking and writing literally, causes very strange behavior in the programs.

It seems you managed to catch the gist of my meaning. Mission accomplished.
    Retired? Well I'm not a programmer by job title, but I do know a bit of Python... kind of necessary for my job, even if I'm not technically a programmer.

I kind of knew what you were getting at but I like to stand by what I say like a stubborn mule, even if it is "$#@!ED".
    We Must Dissent.

Retired? Well I'm not a programmer by job title, but I do know a bit of Python... kind of necessary for my job, even if I'm not technically a programmer.

I kind of knew what you were getting at but I like to stand by what I say like a stubborn mule, even if it is "$#@!ED".
    Python rocks!

Python rocks!
    I know right? I once used C++ but then two years ago I got into Python and have never looked back.

Great for writing scripts for my job, got a vault of stuff I've been helping others build onto, though I'm a bit rusty recently because I haven't been using it.
    We Must Dissent.