Thread: Do any of you guys use tracts to witness to others?

Do any of you guys use tracts to witness to others?

I need to order some more. There are a few sites that give out free tracts for unbelievers, some even in other languages like Arabic, Chinese, Spanish etc.... Have any of you left tracts for others to see/read/find/notice?

I used to drop some on a sunny day in a Mosque parking lot

Has anyone come to you and wanted to talk about Jesus before?

http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/english.html
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I used to have a ton of tracts, because at one time I worked at a Christian bookstore.

Now, I just have a few.

I think we talked about this on another thread, the last time I did street evangelism was with YWAM, at the Carnaval outreach.

It was SOOOO fun!

Here's a small glimpse of it:

(when she mentions "sangria" in the video, she is talking about a soft drink in Mexico...not the alcoholic drink, just to make that clear, haha!)
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I've left tracks lying around at laundry mats. I don't know if they had an effect or not. Usually people in jail are receptive to any reading material you give them.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

In the past, I've passed out hundreds of these.....

http://store.livingwaters.com/index....rt&Itemid=199#
    Seems to attract attention when people see something shiny.

I've also passed out hundreds of these...

http://store.livingwaters.com/index....d=199&lang=en#
    Seems people like finding something that looks like money.

cool....

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

I find I like to pray over them first, then drop them all over the place- anywhere they will be seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    I find I like to pray over them first, then drop them all over the place- anywhere they will be seen...
    I used to buy a ton of them and give them to the people at church so they could pass them around. They were all very receptive when I offered to give them out so they could use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I used to buy a ton of them and give them to the people at church so they could pass them around. They were all very receptive when I offered to give them out so they could use them.
    cool here is a list of places to "drop" them

50 Ways to Use Gospel Tracts

The following are 50 responses to a Moments With The Book poll asking tract buyers how they have used tracts in the past. If you have any other ways that you have used tracts, feel free to send them to us. Maybe we'll add them to the list.
    You might not agree with all of the items below (we certainly wouldn't use some of them), but hopefully they will give you some ideas of how you can use the "silent messengers" where you live.
    No matter where or how you choose to distribute tracts, we have these suggestions:

1. Obey all local ordinances. (Some areas or stores, including the US Post Office, have prohibited the distribution of literature). This also includes littering, etc.
    2. Leave at least two copies of a tract so someone will feel better about not taking the last one. Plus you'll double the number of souls witnessed to!
    3. Most importantly, ask God to use you, seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit for each tract placed, and then pray for the Lord of harvest to bless it.
    1. Leave in phone booths.
    2. Put in greeting cards.
    3. Leave at roadside rests.
    4. Put on car windows in parking lots.
    5. Leave on sitting areas of shopping malls.
    6. Pass out door to door.
    7. Pass out to fellow campers.
    8. Tack up on bulletin boards.
    9. Put in pockets of used clothing given away.
    10. Leave in dressing rooms of clothing stores.
    11. Pass out at parades, festivals, and special events.
    12. Leave in city parks on benches, etc.
    13. Put in helium-filled balloons.
    14. Leave at funeral homes.
    15. Leave in newspaper machines.
    16. Hand out at stadium entrances, etc.
    17. Put in sealed bottles in the ocean.
    18. Mail out to names in a telephone book.
    19. Leave in laundromats.
    20. Give to attendants at parking garages, etc.
    21. Leave in motel rooms (in the drawers, telephone book, etc.)
    22. Leave in glove compartment of car you test drive.
    23. Place in six-packs of beer, or in toilet tissue rolls in grocery stores.
    24. Include in bills paid by mail.
    25. Slip in pump handles at self-serve gas stations.
    26. Hand to store employees, check-out clerks.
    27. Leave in returned library books.
    28. Put in magazines in waiting rooms.
    29. Put up tract racks in stores, beauty parlors.
    30. Put in correspondence to prisoners, etc.
    31. Leave in bank where deposit slips are.
    32. Leave in zip code book in post office.
    33. Leave in restrooms at restaurants, etc.
    34. Leave with (generous) tip in restaurants.
    35. Give to hospital and nursing home patients.
    36. Leave on tables at flea markets.
    37. Hand out at zoos, picnic areas, beaches.
    38. Leave on seats on bus, cab, airplane, etc.
    39. Leave in locker at "Y" or health club.
    40. Pass out on busy street corners.
    41. Put in mouth of vending machines.
    42. Pass out at schools after dismissal.
    43. Leave in cafeteria at work, school.
    44. Leave for newspaper boy, milkman, etc.
    45. Put in each box or bag of merchandise sold.
    46. Put in airport lounges, bus terminals, etc.
    47. Send to relatives of deceased in obituaries.
    48. Send to parents in birth announcements.
    49. Give to students at Vacation Bible School and Sunday School.
    50. Rent booths at fairs for tract displays.

http://www.mwtb.org/site/gospel-trac...el-tracts.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay. Some Jehovah's Witnesses just came to my door. (Literally. I'm working from home today). They wanted to give me a "Watchtower". I gave them a booklet on Jesus. One of the best opportunities to give someone else a tract is when he's given you one. Kinda hard to refuse under those circumstances. Also if you take your kids with you when passing out tracts it's not only good training for them, but also it helps your mission. Some of the people that might say no to you might take something from a child.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. Some Jehovah's Witnesses just came to my door. (Literally. I'm working from home today). They wanted to give me a "Watchtower". I gave them a booklet on Jesus. One of the best opportunities to give someone else a tract is when he's given you one. Kinda hard to refuse under those circumstances. Also if you take your kids with you when passing out tracts it's not only good training for them, but also it helps your mission. Some of the people that might say no to you might take something from a child.
    Amen- here is a good link on witnessing to JW's one sec...........

here jm....and trust me- they will not be back if you gave them a tract

here is my link. Please read- lots of good info on them...

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?706-...-door-*Merged*

I always graciously accept tracts from people and usually read them. I am more likely to read them if it's not in a big city setting with a lot of heavy foot traffic, like at a local gas station or a grocery store parking lot.

One time some stranger just came up to me at my local gas station and handed me some reading material. There were other people at the station but she just came up to me only, asked me to read it, and then left. (I didn't have anything on my car or anything that would show I am an atheist.) That's how to get someone's attention to read.
    Last edited by Crashland; 10-28-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic