Thread: CONFIRMED! ISIL is a wag the dog FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!

CONFIRMED! ISIL is a wag the dog FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!

Just saw a clip - wrongly dropped parachute. One of the pallets supposedly contained "grenades"

Masked "ISIL" guy is going through it... whatta ya know - exposes the base of one of these supposed "grenades" WTF??? No plug? It ain't even threaded!!! Can you say army surplus store grenade body - and a remake at that... UMM - YEAH - TOTALLY FAKE!

Wag the dog.

How $#@!ING STUPID do they think we are?

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Just saw a clip - wrongly dropped parachute. One of the pallets supposedly contained "grenades"

Masked "ISIL" guy is going through it... whatta ya know - exposes the base of one of these supposed "grenades" WTF??? No plug? It ain't even threaded!!! Can you say army surplus store grenade body - and a remake at that... UMM - YEAH - TOTALLY FAKE!

Wag the dog.

-t
    Very stupid...which isn't unreasonable if you examine popular opinion, voting patterns, and various other measurements of what Boobus thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

There are a great many people in western Iraq and northeastern Syria who I'm sure will be very relieved to hear that the armed thugs controlling their villages are, in fact, a figment of their imagination.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Looks like they read here or other places that caught that. The re-run of the vid has been changed. 2-3 hrs re-run time .... hmmm

-t

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    There are a great many people in western Iraq and northeastern Syria who I'm sure will be very relieved to hear that the armed thugs controlling their villages are, in fact, a figment of their imagination.
    Can you read?

He didn't say they don't exist, he said they are being funded and armed by the west - the goal of which is to promote more wars.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Looks like they read here or other places that caught that. The re-run of the vid has been changed. 2-3 hrs re-run time .... hmmm

-t
    What video? Posted where? By who?

Is it another SITE intelligence production? (all the fake beheading videos)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The problem is the OP used the idiom "wag the dog" incorrectly. And the goal of promoting wars would be incorrect usage as well.

Wag the dog is to use a distraction to divert attention away from a different subject.
    Well I don't know what that has to do with the post I was refuting, but I always thought wag the dog just meant do whatever it takes to make the public happy while the politicians do or get away with whatever they want.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wag the dog.

-t
    HBO has been showing wag the dog a lot recently.

The problem is the OP used the idiom "wag the dog" incorrectly. And the goal of promoting wars would be incorrect usage as well.

Wag the dog is to use a distraction to divert attention away from a different subject.
    Where are you getting the idea that "wag the dog" means what you say it does?

Wag the dog was a movie. That movie had a fake war in it.

The fake war was for the purpose of distraction.

It's not incorrect to say that when the government is doing something fake, a skit, for any purpose at all, it's a "wag the dog" action.

I understand why the government and others might want people to think that the movie was about distraction, and not about how the government makes things up, but the movie is about the government making things up.

People already knew that a lot of things the government does are designed to distract.

If someone is trying to arguing that the movie was about distraction and not fakery, they're trying to hide the real meaning of the movie. Any reasonable person woutld see that the point of the movie is about government fakery - the distraction element wasn't at all new or interesting at the time. It might be true that the participants in the fakery would rather you not think about the fakery, and might want to try to distract you from the meaning of the movie by cl aiming the meaning is about distraction and not fakery.

ISIS is a diversion.

So it's a very correct usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Um, 'The tail is wagging the dog' is a saying that predates that movie by several decades, and its meaning is a bit more complex than anyone here is giving it credit for.

'The tail is wagging the dog' refers to a situation where something intended to make life easier, or help achieve a goal, or whatever, becomes such a pain to pull off that it causes more problems than it solves or it requires more effort than it saves.

The best example I can think of is the Watergate tapping attempt. This was intended to help Nixon secure a second term by providing him with inside information about what the opposition was doing. It wound up sapping a large portion of his reelection team's time, effort and money, and ultimately led to Nixon being the only president to resign. This little 'tool' wound up consuming the entire administration.

The tail that grew so massive that it was too heavy for the dog to wag--it wagged the dog instead.

ISIS could be wagging the dog, I suppose--if they are going far enough 'off the reservation' that the people who created it are having to stop pursuing their goals to whip it back in line. Or we could make it 'wag the dog' by revealing that it was created by people who want us to fight for the purpose of sticking a new enemy under our noses--they could wind up having to do more to deny that they created it than they are to keep the fighting going. Otherwise, the analogy does not fit.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-22-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

We have been arming brainwash able people inside the cover of Mosques for a long time.

Christians in N Iraq have been chased away from their homes & Livin w/ Kurds. This is a very real fact.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Um, 'The tail is wagging the dog' is a saying that predates that movie by several decades, and its meaning is a bit more complex than anyone here is giving it credit for.

'The tail is wagging the dog' refers to a situation where something intended to make life easier, or help achieve a goal, or whatever, becomes such a pain to pull off that it causes more problems than it solves or it requires more effort than it saves.

The best example I can think of is the Watergate tapping attempt. This was intended to help Nixon secure a second term by providing him with inside information about what the opposition was doing. It wound up sapping a large portion of his reelection team's time, effort and money, and ultimately led to Nixon being the only president to resign. This little 'tool' wound up consuming the entire administration.

The tail that grew so massive that it was too heavy for the dog to wag--it wagged the dog instead.

ISIS could be wagging the dog, I suppose--if they are going far enough 'off the reservation' that the people who created it are having to stop pursuing their goals to whip it back in line. Or we could make it 'wag the dog' by revealing that it was created by people who want us to fight for the purpose of sticking a new enemy under our noses--they could wind up having to do more to deny that they created it than they are to keep the fighting going. Otherwise, the analogy does not fit.
    We're talking about 2 different things here, I think. "Wag the dog" is the exact name of the movie. "The tail is wagging the dog" is something different than wag the dog.

You can talk about 2 different things here.

1) "Wag the dog" = government doing something fake
    and
    2) "the tail is wagging the dog" = the appendage outgrows the controller.

Someone else argued the distraction from something else argument. I don't see it there.

The tail is wagging the dog - national security apparatus - the nsa/cia created to help the government, now has taken over.

Fed Gov = Dog NSA/CIA = Tail.

I don't think you have it quite right. I'm not sure that I do either.

edit - http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tail_wagging_the_dog
    tail wagging the dog
    (idiomatic) A minor or secondary part of something controlling the whole.

Reading more on it - it seems that "the tail is wagging the dog" is used to mean something comparable to "you're losing focus on the big picture by over-emphasizing one aspect". The internet uses buying a carpet to match a lampshade as normal usage of tail is wagging the dog. And that doesn't fit a precise model. The lampshade isn't controlling the carpet.

As Ron Paul supporters, we'd mostly agree that the government, almost anywhere, is the tail wagging the dog. The government is supposed to be working for the people, but now they're interested in protecting themselves, growing themselves, and consider the public the enemy. It's still a tough concept to really define. Things are f'd up, and it's because of an identifiable part. It seems to be considered proper usage to just point out the part that's fking things up, usually for self-serving reasons, and say "that's like the tail wagging the dog". You can't pick it apart closely - what is the tail, what is the dog and what is the wagging. It's fkd up, it's not working right, it has to do with a part, usually being too important. I still can't explain it just right.

In the movie, what is the tail, and what is the dog, and how is the tail wagging the dog? What is the part that is wrong-sized?
    Last edited by parocks; 10-24-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: more research

How about getting back on topic to the fake grenades being passed off as real by the media?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Same Director for ISIS BEHEADING videos and a Turkish drama TV series

This was posted in another thread, but this is a good spot for a replay.
    Last edited by FloralScent; 10-24-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    ISIS = RM 2.0

Day after day, Boobus is insulted on these forums non stop.
    Boobus Americanus brings it upon himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Wag the dog.

-t
    Pretty stupid, because they are just as dumb as they think we are. They don't even try to make things look believable anymore. They don't care. Your tax dollars are going up their noses and in their veins. They don't give a chit what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    We're talking about 2 different things here, I think. "Wag the dog" is the exact name of the movie.
    Yeah, I thought I mentioned that movie.

"The tail is wagging the dog" is something different than wag the dog.
    And the problems didn't snowball in the movie? The president and their staff didn't wind up jumping through hoops to contain the crisis they created and spending more time on that than running the nation? That doesn't fit the phrase, 'the tail is wagging the dog'? Then where did the title come from? Whole cloth?

You can talk about 2 different things here.

1) "Wag the dog" = government doing something fake
    and
    2) "the tail is wagging the dog" = the appendage outgrows the controller.
    And how often has the government done something fake which wound up outgrowing the perpetrators? Watergate? Iran-Contra? Creating the very CIA that shot JFK? Shall I go on?

Just because that often happens when the government does something fake doesn't mean that's the very definition. 'Hooking up with a whore' doesn't have the same definition as 'contracting an STD', either...

The tail is wagging the dog - national security apparatus - the nsa/cia created to help the government, now has taken over.

Fed Gov = Dog NSA/CIA = Tail.
    By George, you have got it. Give yourself some credit.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-25-2014 at 08:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    We have long know them to be a US/Israel financed terror group.