Thread: Black Open Carry Protesters Are Marching Against Police Brutality, and the Media Is Silent

Black Open Carry Protesters Are Marching Against Police Brutality, and the Media Is Silent

They call themselves the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, named after the co-founder of the Black Panther Party For Self Defense. Like the defunct organization which called for reform of community policing, demanding that police come from the neighborhoods they serve, the Huey P. Newton Gun Club says they are marching “to promote self-defense and community policing” in response to the recent high profile stories about police shooting unarmed African Americans across the country.

To the protesters, “community policing” is more than just a word. Communities should be protected by members of the community, and held accountable. Ironically this was the original vision for community policing, articulated in 1812 by Sir Robert Peel. That’s right, it may surprise many to discover that our communities have only had police as we know them for a little over 200 years. Even then, it took a little while for Peel’s concept of police forces to make its way to the United States. Since then it has become a norm that many cannot imagine a time before.

In Texas, the Huey P. Newton Gun Club are following in the footsteps of Newton, who was a law major, striving to stay within the bounds of legality. Though the historical Black Panthers had a notable slip-up which led to then Governor Ronald Reagan signing the Mulford Act which prohibited carrying loaded guns in public space. The goal of the Panthers, as they explained it, was to assert the rights of the people to defend themselves against corrupt police, within the bounds of the law. The Huey P. Newton Gun Club says that’s exactly what they are doing today with their open carry protests.

Police have kept a close eye on the protesters, while also trying to keep their distance. One officer we talked to said “there’s really nothing we can do about it. Open carry protests are not against the law.”
    read the rest here:

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/1...dia-is-silent/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

#blackopencarry

http://reason.com/blog/2014/08/20/bl...arry-in-dallas

In Texas, blacks are protesting police violence in a particularly Southwestern way: By invoking their right to open carry. On Wednesday, more than 30 members of the newly-formed Huey P. Newton Gun Club gathered to march through South Dallas with rifles, shotguns, and AR-15s. The group eventually entered a restaurant with their weapons while Dallas police officers were inside eating lunch.

http://www.vocativ.com/usa/race/black-open-carry/

http://theobamacrat.com/2014/08/22/t...lackopencarry/
    If you were used to seeing this as the only example of Open Carry……

Get ready to be updated…….

Last edited by presence; 10-21-2014 at 04:48 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Good on 'em. Should be major news. It's time.

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Oh I can't wait to hear the debate around my family kitchen table. They won't know what to do:
    "Do I add +1-2 for open carry, -1-2 for anti-police state? I don't know what to think! How do I understand what to think?! The media is silent! I don't know what I am supposed to do!"
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

GOOD. If the black guy who got gunned down in the Beavercreek , Ohio Walmart had been open carrying an AR-15 , he would have been within his rights to do so .

But he was holding an air rifle that looked like an AR-15, and he was murdered because of that. And nothing will happen to his killers, unless some sort of street justice is carried out.

I wonder how many gun rights advocates who happen to be white supremacists would experience cognitive dissonance if this catches fire. "Can't trust the blacks with weapons!" Hearkens back to when Reagan, the NRA and white supremacists wanted gun control to keep blacks from being armed. America has a long history of gun control laws including the founding fathers.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    I wonder how many gun rights advocates who happen to be white supremacists would experience cognitive dissonance if this catches fire. "Can't trust the blacks with weapons!" Hearkens back to when Reagan, the NRA and white supremacists wanted gun control to keep blacks from being armed. America has a long history of gun control laws including the founding fathers.
    It's been my experience that well bred, liberal elite, white folks from places like NYC are the worst sort of racists, and gun banners, and exist in much greater numbers and much more influence than the handful of skinheads out there.

This picture would be enough to send them into fits of apoplexy.

I'd stand with them.

It's been my experience that well bred, liberal elite, white folks from places like NYC are the worst sort of racists, and gun banners, and exist in much greater numbers and much more influence than the handful of skinheads out there.

This picture would be enough to send them into fits of apoplexy.

I'd stand with them.

To the protesters, “community policing” is more than just a word. Communities should be protected by members of the community, and held accountable.
    Wow, what a radical idea...

To the protesters, “community policing” is more than just a word. Communities should be protected by members of the community, and held accountable.
    Wow, what a radical idea...

I'd feel much better around those folks than these;

^^^^ WTF is with the gangsta grip on the first guy?

Damn straight. Justice for every person gunned down by the law who isn't on the news non-stop. It's not just about Mike Brown and it never has been, despite what critics say. I'm glad to see my fellow Americans standing up for themselves and exercising their rights in an informed way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

I fully support their motives. The reason you aren't seeing this in mainstream media is because they don't want to foster the idea that blacks might become self-governing. The whole concept behind policing one's own community?

(It doesn't fit their narrative.)

"No sir, ******. You best let massa take care of dat."
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I posted this link at a liberal site and they informed me that this article is so yesterday because it was written Aug. 20, 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ^^^^ WTF is with the gangsta grip on the first guy?
    I assume it has something to do with using the ballistic shield.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I posted this link at a liberal site and they informed me that this article is so yesterday because it was written Aug. 20, 2014.
    LOL

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Interesting history lesson.

http://blog.uwgb.edu/alltherage/fact...rm-themselves/

#BLACKOWNED
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?