Thread: Living in today's world without a social security number - Is it possible?

Living in today's world without a social security number - Is it possible?

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place.... I was reading on an older thread somewhere on here the other day about not getting ss #'s for children. As a follow up to that I have some questions.

If you have a child with no ss number, what do you do when they reach the age of getting a driver's license, getting a job, etc. ?

Many times I hear that children whose parents chose not to get them a ss#, end up getting one anyway once they are older because it is so challenging to do anything without one. While some choose not to get a driver's license, it is not easy going that route. Can you get a license without a ss#? How about a passport?

How does one function today without one? Does anyone have any real life experience with this with their children?

Thanks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Over 6.5+ billion folks don't have a social security number, so the answer to your question, 'Is it possible?', is yes.

I second the YES. I have first-hand evidence that it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I second the YES. I have first-hand evidence that it is possible.

Please share more or pm me - I have a son who is 18 - no number. He "can't" get a driver's license without one. He has read enough to know that going without a dl involves much hassle. He is not sure he wants to deal with that right now. So what are his options?

What state?

Usually, the SSN is not required for a license. It just happens to be one of the more common secondary IDs they will accept. Since the DL is obviously not available, most people use a social security card and a birth certificate.

In TN, here are the accepted secondary IDs:

Computerized Check Stubs

Must include the applicant's full name pre-printed on the stub.

Union Membership Cards

Must include the applicant's full name preferably with photo and/or Social Security number.

Work IDs

Preferably with photo and/or Social Security number.

Financial Institution Documents

Computer printouts of bank statements, savings account statements, loan documents, etc.

Social Security Documents

Social Security Card (original only not metal or plastic replicas)
    Printout or benefits statements, etc.
    Social Security Check or Direct Deposit Verification of Social Security Check

Health Insurance Card

TennCare, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.
    Health Insurance Card
    Insurance Policies or Payment statements

IRS/state tax form

W2 Forms, Property tax receipts, etc.

Military Records

Assignment orders, selective service cards, Leave & Earnings Statement, etc.
    United States or Foreign

School Records

Transcript of grades
    Elementary Immunization or "Shot" Records
    Diploma or G.E.D.

Vehicle Documents

Vehicle Registration or title
    Bill of Sale or purchase contract
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-21-2014 at 05:24 PM.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by LoriJane View Post
    Please share more or pm me - I have a son who is 18 - no number. He "can't" get a driver's license without one. He has read enough to know that going without a dl involves much hassle. He is not sure he wants to deal with that right now. So what are his options?
    I do not recommend this, but there are those who say one may drive without a license. Private places of business, hotels, etc, different story.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    What state?
    Alabama

Of course it's possible, it's just that it's difficult. Very difficult if you have any intention of living a somewhat standard life in a house, working for a company or buying a car.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best of luck.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Most jobs require one because of tax reporting. Even working as an independent contractor, unless he is paid under the table, most companies will require him to provide a W9 form which has to have a tax ID #. If he has income it is law to pay SS taxes. Unless he plans on never filing a tax return.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 10-22-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Drivers license require an affidavit concerning you religious beliefs, exemption I think is a good word to use seaching to find samples.

Working is a tough one because Americans are Brain Dead Beast ( State) worshipers. There are many hear.

Do a good study of "English Gematria" for inspriration.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?