Thread: Two Air National Guard F-16s Collide Over Kansas

Two Air National Guard F-16s Collide Over Kansas

They were from the Oklahoma National Guard based in Tulsa, yet only one local MSM outlet seems interested in covering it...

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/...ts-of-injuries

No one seems to have been hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If war machines remain ideal there will be accidents.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Maybe Ironman had something to do with it...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    only one local MSM outlet seems interested in covering it...
    Telling that there is not a peep from ABC NBC CBS FOX MSNBC ALJAZERA or CNN; the story is only covered locally, mentioned in Air Force Times... and internationally.

Full coverage

Military converges on scene of Kansas jet crash

KSN-TV - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    ELK COUNTY, Kansas – Military personnel have converged at a southeast Kansas pasture where an Oklahoma Air National Guard fighter jet tumbled to the ground and burned after colliding with another F-16 during a training exercise. One pilot ejected after ...

F-16 crashes following midair collision in SE Kansas

KAKE - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    MOLINE, Kan. — UPDATE: The Oklahoma Air National Guard has confirmed that two F-16 Fighting Falcons were involved in a midair collision during a training exercise near Moline, KS. The Kansas Highway patrol said the crash site is large and is west of ...

Oklahoma Guard: No Injuries After Midair Collision

WIBW - ‎Oct 21, 2014‎
    The Oklahoma Guard's Col. Max Moss said neither pilot was seriously injured in the midair collision Monday afternoon. Moss said one of the F-16's returned safely to its base in Tulsa while the second crashed and burned in a field in southern Kansas.

Oklahoma Air National Guard fighter jets collide over southeast Kansas; no ...

Kansas.com - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    Max Moss of the Oklahoma National Guard gave this account: Two Oklahoma Air National Guard F-16 Fighting Falcons collided midair during a training exercise Monday afternoon southwest of the town of Howard, causing one of pilots to eject from the aircraft ...

Military converges on scene of F-16 jet crash

KWCH - ‎Oct 21, 2014‎
    Colonel Max Moss, Director of Media and Civilian Relations for the Oklahoma National Guard, said two F-16 Fighting Falcons were involved in a mid-air collision during a training exercise southwest of Howard, Kan. Eyewitness Dakota Chamberlain saw the ...

F-16's collide over southern Kansas skies

Kansas First News - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    TULSA, Okla. (AP) – Two Oklahoma Air National Guard F-16 fighter jets flying a training exercise out of Tulsa collided in midair over southern Kansas, causing one of the pilots to eject from the aircraft. Oklahoma National Guard spokesman Col. Max Moss ...

Oklahoma Air Guard jets collide in Kansas

Tulsa World - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    An Oklahoma Air National Guard F-16 plane doing tactical maneuvers in Kansas landed at Tulsa International Airport on Monday afternoon after colliding with another jet, National Guard spokesman Col. Max Moss said. One of the pilots was forced to eject ...

Oklahoma Guard: No injuries after midair F-16 collision over Kansas

KHON2 - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    Max Moss said neither pilot was seriously injured in the midair collision Monday afternoon. Col. Moss says the pilot of one jet was able to return to Tulsa International Airport and landed safely. That aircraft was met on the tarmac by several fire and rescue ...

Report: F-16s collide over Eastern Kansas

Kansas City Business Journal (blog) - ‎Oct 21, 2014‎
    Two F-16 military jets were involved in a midair collision Monday that downed one aircraft near the town of Moline in southeastern Kansas, the Wichita Business Journal reports. Col. Max Moss of the Oklahoma National Guard said the pilot of the downed jet ...

Oklahoma Air National Guard F-16 Fighters Collide Over Kansas

KGOU - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    Max Moss says neither pilot was seriously injured in the collision Monday afternoon southwest of Howard, Kansas. Moss says the pilot of one jet was able to return to Tulsa International Airport and landed safely. That aircraft was met on the tarmac by several ...

Military investigates scene of Kansas jet crash

Danbury News Times - ‎22 hours ago‎
    In this file photo, a U.S. Air Force F-16 flies away after refueling mid-flight from a KC-135 Stratotanker during a Red Flag exercise over The Nevada Test and Training Range Monday, Feb. 10, 2014. A f-16 fighter jet crashed after a midair collision with another ...

Military investigates scene of Kansas F-16 crash

AirForceTimes.com - ‎21 hours ago‎
    Military personnel are investigating the southeast Kansas site where an Oklahoma Air National Guard fighter jet crashed after a midair collision with another jet from the same unit during a training exercise. The F-16 crashed Monday in a pasture about three ...

Military investigating midair crash in Kansas

WoodwardNews.net (subscription) - ‎11 hours ago‎
    (AP) — Military personnel are investigating the southeast Kansas site where an Oklahoma Air National Guard fighter jet crashed after a midair collision with another jet from the same unit during a training exercise. The F-16 crashed Monday in a pasture about three miles northeast of Moline, an Elk County farming and ranching community. The pilot ejected and was taken to a clinic at McConnell Air Force Base in Wichita, where he was treated and released for slight injuries, the Oklahoma National Guard said in a ...

Oklahoma National Guard pilot ejects from jet, avoids serious injury

kfor.com - ‎19 hours ago‎
    TULSA, Okla. – Two Oklahoma Air National Guard pilots escaped serious injury after a mid-air incident over Kansas. The pilots were conducting an Air Combat Maneuvering training mission Monday afternoon when their F-16 jets collided in the skies over ...

Okla. National Guard planes collide over Elk County

Winfield Daily Courier Online - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    The two Oklahoma Air National Guard F-16 Fighting Falcons collided in midair southwest of Howard during a training exercise, according to Col. Max Moss, a spokesperson with the Oklahoma National Guard. Neither pilot was seriously injured. The pilot who ...

Oklahoma National Guard reports mid-air collision involving two jets; no serious ...

kjrh.com - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    TULSA - According to the Oklahoma National Guard, two F-16 Fighting Falcons were involved in a mid-air collision Monday. The Okla. National Guard went on to say the collision occurred during a training exercise southwest of Howard, Kansas and three ...

Oklahoma Air Guard jets collide in Kansas; one pilot ejects with minor injuries

NewsOK.com - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    The other pilot was not injured, and his jet did not sustain serious damage. "Two Oklahoma Air National Guard F-16 Fighting Falcons were involved in a mid-air collision during a training exercise this afternoon southwest of Howard, Kansas, causing one of the ...

Pilot Ejects After Oklahoma Air National Guard Fighter Jets Collide in Midair

KTUL - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    Pilot Ejects After Oklahoma Air National Guard Fighter Jets Collide in Midair. Two Oklahoma Air National Guard F-16 fighter jets flying a training exercise out of Tulsa collided in midair over southern Kansas, causing one of the pilots to eject from the aircraft.

VIDEO: Oklahoma Guard: No injuries after midair collision

Tyler Morning Telegraph - ‎Oct 21, 2014‎
    ... during a training exercise, with one pilot ejecting from one of the aircraft. The Oklahoma Guard's Col. Max Moss said neither pilot was seriously injured in the midair collision Monday afternoon. Moss said one of the F-16's returned safely to its base in Tulsa.

Fighter Jets Collide over Kansas, No Serious Injuries Reported

610kvnu - ‎Oct 20, 2014‎
    AndersHP84/iStockphoto/Thinkstock(HOWARD, Kan.) -- A pair of F-16 fighter jets were involved in a mid-air collision on Monday in which one of the planes crashed and the pilot of the other was able to return to its base in Tulsa, Okla. and land safely.

Military investigates Kansas site where Oklahoma Air National Guard jet crashed

Daily Journal - ‎Oct 21, 2014‎
    KANSAS CITY, Missouri — Military personnel are investigating the southeast Kansas site where an Oklahoma Air National Guard fighter jet crashed after a midair collision with another jet from the same unit during a training exercise. The F-16 crashed Monday in a pasture about three miles northeast of Moline, an Elk County farming and ranching community. The pilot ejected and was taken to a clinic at McConnell Air Force Base in Wichita, where he was treated and released for slight injuries, the Oklahoma National ...

F-16 : No Injuries After Midair Collision

Canada News - ‎Oct 21, 2014‎
    A pair of F-16 fighter jets were involved in a mid-air collision on Monday in which one of the planes crashed and the pilot of the other was able to return to its base in Tulsa, Okla. and land safely. Oklahoma National Guard spokesman Col. Max Moss said ...

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

AGAIN???

Didn't these guys get the memo about not texting while flying at MACH?

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    AGAIN???

Didn't these guys get the memo about not texting while flying at MACH?

-t

No but the MSM obviously all got the memo to keep silent.

No one seems to have been hurt.
    Apparently no one needs to know.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Eric frein did it
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Ok, I smell something fishy here. Check out the photo below...

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4901.html

I'm a pylon judge at the Reno Air Races and I've seen many a plane crash - some fatal - one a jet going 500 mph. This photo is NOT of an F16 crash. It may be an F16 airframe but there was no "crash" here. Looks like an old airframe was used as target practice or something. There is no rut in the field from the aircraft. The frame is mostly intact with the center burned out. If the pilot had ejected the plane would have went into the ground and left a big smoking crater. You would not be able to find wings, or anything else that looks like a plane...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

You're absolutely right. Who bellies an aircraft with an ejection seat in? And even if you do, and do a damned good job of it, how does it remain that intact--and without leaving a trench behind it?

And what kind of collision leaves an airplane flyable enough to belly in but not flyable enough to fly back to base? And where's the evidence of it?

Suspicious as hell.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post

I'm a pylon judge at the Reno Air Races and I've seen many a plane crash - some fatal - one a jet going 500 mph. This photo is NOT of an F16 crash. It may be an F16 airframe but there was no "crash" here. Looks like an old airframe was used as target practice or something. There is no rut in the field from the aircraft. The frame is mostly intact with the center burned out. If the pilot had ejected the plane would have went into the ground and left a big smoking crater. You would not be able to find wings, or anything else that looks like a plane...

Well I've seen "Top Gun" and that impact clearly shows all the signs of a flat spin, caused by flying below the flight deck, and losing an engine due to jet wash, and then possibly impacting a stabilizer of another aircraft.

Glad that nobody was hurt while they were playing with our tax dollars.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Got all that from Tom Cruise, did you?

What the hell? I agree with you completely - that is most definitely not a crash site. Assuming that photo is legit, that aircraft was sitting still when it burned, which could well have been the case. But that begs the question of what, then, is going on here.

OK, I just looked again and if you take a very close look at the engine nozzle and scan forward, what do you NOT see? There appears to be no engine in that airframe. It could be my eyes... after all I will be 57 in just 5 more days and they are not what they were once upon a time. But if I am not seeing incorrectly, then this photo is not what it claims to represent. Most of such an engine is steel and titanium. Neither steel nor titanium will burn under such conditions. I've been working with both for 40 years. To burn steel away as it appears to me to have been done in this photo, you would need a LOT of heat - sustained ca. 3000* for an extended period, or with a very oxygen-rich environment. Nothing in the surrounding grasses suggest that. In fact, aluminum fires are even more thermally lively and yet there is no indication surrounding the aircraft. This suggests photoshop... but why?

As for titanium, far and away more difficult to get to burn. Once burning, however they are a sight that once you see, you will never forget. They are violent in a way that only first-hand witnessing will ever make real in one's mind; much more spectacular than thermite. You see one, you really don't want to see another. I have seen one, the result of finely divided metal coming off a grinder and landing in a container full of same. The light coming off the burning metal is actinic - meaning it is like looking into the sun, only brighter. It will damage your eyes the way looking into a welding arc will. It is violent and very dangerous and I can tell you with no doubt whatsoever that this photo shows zero evidence of a titanium reaction.

Given all that, where in hell is the engine? Note the image:

http://aviadejavu.ru/Images6/MM/MM-77/0288-06-2-9.jpg

Next: where is the collateral damage from burning fuel? If the fire was strong enough to burn the fuselage, at some point the fuel tanks would have been breached and at the very least a flare would have occurred. That, of course, would have left its mark in the grass. I see no evidence of that in the still image, but the following video paints a rather confusing picture. Note the burn-plume in the opening frames and its relationship to the position of the aircraft. The jet is pointed toward the right and the print extends for a over a hundred feet opposite its presumed direction of travel:

I cannot make out what could possibly have caused this resting arrangement to have come about, given what I see and what has been reported How is the plume going to just erupt rearward? High winds? That's sarcasm. The fuel-tanks are bladdered affairs designed to resist puncture. Any impact strong enough to blow open those fuel cells is going to not leave the airframe in so peaceful a state of rest. Two plus two are not adding up to four, here.

[[ETA: The detached control surface is the vertical stabilizer, which became evident on more careful viewing of the video clip. My mistake, but at least that makes a lot more sense.]]

All of the horizontal surfaces appear intact. Why is there no suggestion of damage? Why is the right rear surface sitting so peacefully-looking just to the right and slightly rear of the fuselage? Why is the leading-edge missing at the root? More importantly, why it is so neatly carved out in a 90* notch, as if cut and not torn by impact? These composites do not fail in neat fashion as the image suggests.

Next: where, oh pray tell, is the vertical stabilizer? Out of frame? Could be, but why, if the rest of the plane came to what appears to be so peaceful, if toasty, and end?

Back to the right horizontal: why are there markings on it? I have now looked at several dozens of images of OKLAHOMA ANG F16s and not a one shows "OK" or a number or anything else on the rear horizontal stabilizer surfaces. Why this one?

Finally, where is the front landing gear? It is large and of solid steel. It, being so far from the fuel, would have been left behind, almost certainly with the rim as well. I see nothing in the photo to suggest its presence.

The news story is clear that the pilot ejected and the aircraft hit the ground, unmanned. That is NOT an image of that scenario. There is no motion evident.

What, then, is the story here?
    Last edited by osan; 01-27-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: ETA
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

This photo is NOT of an F16 crash.
    Look at the grass.
    Either this F-16 was about 12' long, or it's not a photo at all.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Look at the grass.
    Either this F-16 was about 12' long, or it's not a photo at all.
    Actually, I'm reasonably sure that isn't grass. I'm no farmer, but I'd be more inclined to think of corn. Given the way it escaped getting scorched, though, it should be a field of asbestos plants--but farmer or no, I feel quite sure there's no such thing.

Channels Six (Tulsa) and Nine (OkC) are certainly tools--you should have seen the hit piece KOTV ran against Nathan Dahm when he tried to primary Sullivan for House District One--and the pilot of the helicopter that ostensibly took that footage is ex-military. I don't know how that fits into this puzzle, but it seems like a puzzle piece to me.

Fishy is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Actually, I'm reasonably sure that isn't grass. I'm no farmer, but I'd be more inclined to think of corn.
    No pal, it is grassland. I could take a photo of our front pasture and you would see exactly the same thing. Clearly, you are not a farmer, as this looks nothing like corn.

Fishy is the word.
    That part you have definitely gotten right.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    No pal, it is grassland. I could take a photo of our front pasture and you would see exactly the same thing. Clearly, you are not a farmer, as this looks nothing like corn.
    That being the case, fisharmor's estimate of twelve feet might be a bit generous. I'd be inclined to say eight or ten. What would that be, a 1/5 scale model? 1/6?

If this is the best they can do, no wonder few news outlets carried it. But what are they (amateurishly) doing? Making inventory disappear so they can sell it to ISIS?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-27-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Wasnt there a fatal incident 1 day ago in greece involving f16? Maybe its time to replace with f35 +sarcasm+

They closed the case...

http://www.newson6.com/story/2816138...rash-in-kansas

LANGLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Virginia - The U.S. Air Force blames the pilots for the collision of two F-16 jets that resulted in a crash in southeast Kansas last fall.
    Two F-16s from the 138th Fighter Wing in Tulsa collided near Moline, Kansas on October 20, 2014. One of the single-seat jet fighters managed to land safely in Tulsa in spite of its damage.

The other F-16 crashed after the pilot ejected. He suffered minor injuries.

10/20/2014: Related Story: F-16s Collide Over Kansas; One Crashes, One Returns To Tulsa

According to a summary of the report posted on the USAF's Air Combat Command web site, the cause of the collision was "a pilot's failure to maintain visual contact with another aircraft and deconflict their flight paths."

The summary says the pilots were assigned to the wing's 125th Fighter Squadron. The pilots were participating in a combat maneuvers training mission when the collision occurred.

10/21/2014: Related Story: Military Investigating Crash Site Of Tulsa-Based F-16 Jet

The formation's wingman failed to inform the flight lead of an inability to maintain visual contact with the lead aircraft. At the same time, the flight lead failed to assume visual and flight path "deconfliction" responsibilities for the formation while the wingman set up for complicated training maneuvers, according to the summary.

The flight lead also misinterpreted the wingman's direction of turn and failed to recognize they were on a collision course. These errors, the summary says, contributed to the pilots' inability to realize the danger in time to avoid a collision.

The flight lead was the pilot who ejected. The wingman returned safely to base despite five feet of the right wing tip being severed from the aircraft, according to the summary.

The two F-16C aircraft were part of a flight of four jets from Tulsa using airspace over southeast Kansas which is reserved for military aircraft to practice combat maneuvers.

The summary says the total loss to government property was $22.5 million.
    Not terribly specific. I always love it when they try to 'clarify' a situation by inventing new verbs like 'deconflict'.