Thread: Remember the cop who shot a dog inside a van? They cut his pay by $3.15 as punishment

Remember the cop who shot a dog inside a van? They cut his pay by $3.15 as punishment

N. Idaho officer's pay cut after dog shooting

| October 20, 2014

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) — A northern Idaho police officer whose superiors determined his shooting of a pet dog in a parked van violated policy has had his pay reduced.

The Coeur d'Alene Press reports (http://bit.ly/ZCBWa5) that Coeur d'Alene Police Officer David Kelley's hourly wage was cut by $3.15 to $31.02 per hour.

Information obtained by the newspaper through a public records request found the reduction started Oct. 1 for the officer who has 17 years of law enforcement experience.

Police on July 9 put out a statement that an officer responding earlier that day to a report of a suspicious van shot and killed a "vicious pit bull" that lunged for an officer's face.

The dog turned out to be a 2-year-old black Labrador mix named Arfee, whose owner was in a coffee shop.

OG thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t=David+Kelley

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/arti...ng-5834411.php
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wait.. Police makes 34 dollars an hour? Jeezus. Was it in a bad part of the neighborhood?

Why the hell did I become an electrician? I'm going to take the cop test asap.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Wait.. Police makes 34 dollars an hour? Jeezus. Was it in a bad part of the neighborhood?
    Doubtful, it's in Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Sorry Bama, you'll fail. Take that as a compliment, they only hire the dumbest and dimmest.

I'd be somewhat okay with this -- if the reduction in salary was going directly to the dog's owner as compensation for the rest of this pig's career. Assuming a 40-hour work week and 48 weeks of work per year, that would be about $6K per year. Not near enough though, needs to be at least double or triple that.

Though I'd prefer a firing and some sort of criminal charges and a civil payout, but yeah, like that's gonna happen.

At least his name is finally out there -- Officer David Kelley -- concerned locals need to make this guy's life hell (all sorts of ways to do that).

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    If you passed the electricians licensing exam then you will be over qualified.

It's a start?
    Last edited by MRK; 10-21-2014 at 04:38 AM.

I just found out about this today looking back through some old stories. I thought it was an Onion article.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.