Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: If You Vote -- It means the politicians have fooled you.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Ronin wins this thread hands-down.
    Ronin > butt hurt democracy zealots

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Is it any wonder Randal isn't trying real hard to get these morons votes?
    As an admitted troller of this forum, is it safe to assume you're doing that now?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Congrats On Your Vote, Too Bad It Probably Didn't Count

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws."
    -Barron Rothschild
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to heavenlyboy34 again.

as 1 man, there are not many things that I can do.
    but what I can do, I will do.
    yes, I will vote this upcoming election. whether it makes a difference or not. is a very silly presumption.
    I am only responsible for what I can do, not what others are doing, (or not doing as the case may be)

in a Republic, efforts at the beginning of the cycle count for FAR more than at the general.

studied indifference to the process. is still indifference.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Voting your way to freedom is a lot like screwing your way to virginity.

LOL. Love it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ronin Truth again.

Voting is the sacrament of the State. People who think it leads to anything beneficial for the people are most certainly deluded.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Republicans-vs-Democrats.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	3274

H/T: Optimus
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I just happen to agree with Ron Paul here.
    “Ideas are very important to the shaping of society. In fact, they are more powerful than bombings or armies or guns. And this is because ideas are capable of spreading without limit. They are behind all the choices we make. They can transform the world in a way that governments and armies cannot. Fighting for liberty with ideas makes more sense to me than fighting with guns or politics or political power. With ideas, we can make real change that lasts.”
    ― Ron Paul, Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom

Most people do not vote in most elections. Not voting only makes the statement that you are one of the masses. Voting for someone like Ron Paul shows you are not a sheeple.
    That opportunity doesn't come very often.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    “Ideas are very important to the shaping of society. In fact, they are more powerful than bombings or armies or guns. And this is because ideas are capable of spreading without limit. They are behind all the choices we make. They can transform the world in a way that governments and armies cannot. Fighting for liberty with ideas makes more sense to me than fighting with guns or politics or political power. With ideas, we can make real change that lasts.”
    ― Ron Paul, Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom
    "No army can stop an idea whose time has come." ~ Victor Hugo
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Voting is the sacrament of the State. People who think it leads to anything beneficial for the people are most certainly deluded.
    some of us, are just dumb Refrigeration guys.
    perhaps you could draw the distinction for us. the democratic process is dumb? or a democracy sux and you don't want to live in one?

within our Republic, the democratic process is a check and balance. on the centralization of power.

please correct me if I am wrong.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    perhaps you could draw the distinction for us. the democratic process is dumb? or a democracy sux and you don't want to live in one?

within our Republic, the democratic process is a check and balance. on the centralization of power.

The democratic process is an illusion. Nothing more.

the democratic process is dumb? or a democracy sux and you don't want to live in one?
    I can't speak for Green, but yeah, as for me, I'd say yes to both of these questions. Violating my rights doesn't become any less wrong just because you can get a whole bunch of people to go along with it.

Do you really think so? Is that what the effect of our 225 years or so worth of elections has been, to impede the centralization of power?

I haven't completely given up on voting yet. I hope to be able to vote for Rand in the 2016 primary and general elections. And, given the opportunity, I would vote for other exceptionally less-bad-than-usual candidates.

But honestly, I can't come up with a good argument for why I should do that. It's more of an irrational hope and a prayer than anything.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The democratic process is an illusion. Nothing more.
    a "process" can be pointless, but it cannot be an illusion.

It's an illusion that your vote counts.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

Do you really think so? Is that what the effect of our 225 years or so worth of elections has been, to impede the centralization of power?
    the original intent was to prevent the centralization of power.

it was an experiment in self-governance. was the first effort a success 225 years later? (was that your query?) no.

the idea is still sound.

proc·ess1
    ˈpräˌses,ˈprōˌses/
    noun
    a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.

il·lu·sion
    iˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
    noun

a deceptive appearance or impression

a false idea or belief.

the original intent was to prevent the centralization of power.
    They replaced the Articles of the Confederation with the current Constitution to prevent the centralization of power?

I'm sorry, but it was clearly the exact opposite of that.

The tyranny of the majority is the horror of our times.

Generations have been brainwashed in government schools and the media pounds them with additional propaganda...and yet in light of this, Democracy is going to save us?

I haven't completely given up on voting yet. I hope to be able to vote for Rand in the 2016 primary and general elections. And, given the opportunity, I would vote for other exceptionally less-bad-than-usual candidates.

But honestly, I can't come up with a good argument for why I should do that. It's more of an irrational hope and a prayer than anything.
    Well, suggest some peaceful non political way of winning our liberty back. It's more about finding friends and allies to me than anything else. I don't have any illusions that my vote will make Rand Paul president. But I see good things coming out of all liberty minded people striving through all this mess. I've found my best friends among political allies, and that includes those who do not actually vote. I want peace, I want liberty. The liberty movement can't seem to agree on anything. Maybe tyranny is inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's an illusion that your vote counts.
    true. so?

I should only participate if.... what?
    I can make a "difference" and be superman?

well, spank you Love!!!
    I spend all of my efforts at the beginning of a cycle. not the end.
    we are NOT a democracy, we are a Republic.
    my vote in the general is superfluous, I understand that.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They replaced the Articles of the Confederation with the current Constitution to prevent the centralization of power?

I'm sorry, but it was clearly the exact opposite of that.
    methinks both of them had the same end in mind.

peace.

Well, suggest some peaceful non political way of winning our liberty back. It's more about finding friends and allies to me than anything else. I don't have any illusions that my vote will make Rand Paul president. But I see good things coming out of all liberty minded people striving through all this mess. I've found my best friends among political allies, and that includes those who do not actually vote. I want peace, I want liberty. The liberty movement can't seem to agree on anything. Maybe tyranny is inevitable.
    How long have you been involved in the liberty process? I see you only joined this site this year.

Of course liberty is only going to come about from the moiling of the people; face to face, between friends, families, neighbors, church members, circles, etc. Why is that so hard for staitists to understand? Is it because it requires something more than flag waving and getting off their asses a few times every election cycle?

I'm not sure if there exists a way this side of the return of Jesus.

But just weighing objectively the effectiveness of various opportunities placed before each and every one of us, and the opportunity cost of investing any amount of time in one of those opportunities versus another, it seems to me that voting can't possibly be among the better ways to spend the time and effort it takes to vote in almost any given instance. For practical purposes you have a guarantee that your vote will not make a difference. The likelihood of your getting killed in a car accident on the way to or from voting is surely higher than the likelihood that your vote will matter. Whatever it is that your other opportunities are, there are undoubtedly some that will be better than that, even if it's just putting in an extra hour of earning a wage somewhere to have however much money that comes out to for you to spend on being able to live a little bit more freely in this unfree world, or to donate to a group like the Independent Institute.

The tyranny of the majority is the horror of our times.
    this lesson was first observed in Greece. like BC, or BCE dude.

the "democratic" process. is NOT democracy.
    democracy is illegal in this country.

or did you miss something?

How long have you been involved in the liberty process?
    Since I was a little kid.

I see you only joined this site this year.
    Yeah?

Of course liberty is only going to come about from the moiling of the people; face to face, between friends, families, neighbors, church members, circles, etc. Why is that so hard for staitists to understand? Is it because it requires something more than flag waving and getting off their asses a few times every election cycle?
    Go ask one of the 'staitists'.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Right. Because we're a constitutional Republic, like North Korea.

Yes, yes I think you did.

Right. Because we're a constitutional Republic, like North Korea.
    good observation! yes, we are a Republic just like MANY others!

is a heat pump a "furnace"? or is rapid oxidization required to meet this definition?

what separates one from another. is the basis upon which it is founded.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast