Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: If You Vote -- It means the politicians have fooled you.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    what separates one from another. is the basis upon which it is founded.
    The basis of all regimes is to preserve and expand the power of groups of elites. This has always been the case. In order to make the most of this endeavor, every regime, out of shear practical necessity, must maintain the contentment of those over whom they rule by doling out various services and convincing them that they (the regime) act in their (the peoples') interests. A big part of this convincing, though, is by way of propaganda which the regime makes sure to repeat to the point that the people consider the false claims of the propaganda to be unquestioned truths, and neglect to consider whether or not they really are true even in cases where only the slightest bit of investigation will prove their falsehood.

The modern insistence on the parts of regimes that they be called "republics" is a great example of this. Consider the propaganda of the opening words of the US Constitution, "We the people...." And ask yourself if we, the people, really did ordain and establish the regime that Constitution empowers, and delegate to that regime all the authority it claims we delegated to it. When, if ever, did they ask you for your consent? And what do they do, and what have they always done since the tenure of George Washington, to their nonconsenting subjects?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    It's a dirty job, but some folks need to do it.Politics Is a Sociopathic Cult
    The article at that link^^ is brilliant and a must-read for everybody. One of my faves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

good observation! yes, we are a Republic just like MANY others!

is a heat pump a "furnace"? or is rapid oxidization required to meet this definition?

what separates one from another. is the basis upon which it is founded.
    or the size of one's mountain of skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The basis of all regimes is to preserve and expand the power of groups of elites. This has always been the case. In order to make the most of this endeavor, every regime, out of shear practical necessity, must maintain the contentment of those over whom they rule by doling out various services and convincing them that they (the regime) act in their (the peoples') interests. A big part of this convincing, though, is by way of propaganda which the regime makes sure to repeat to the point that the people consider the false claims of the propaganda to be unquestioned truths, and neglect to consider whether or not they really are true even in cases where only the slightest bit of investigation will prove their falsehood.

The modern insistence on the parts of regimes that they be called "republics" is a great example of this. Consider the propaganda of the opening words of the US Constitution, "We the people...." And ask yourself if we, the people, really did ordain and establish the regime that Constitution empowers, and delegate to that regime all the authority it claims we delegated to it. When, if ever, did they ask you for your consent? And what do they do, and what have they always done since the tenure of George Washington, to their nonconsenting subjects?
    +rep
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I just happen to agree with Ron Paul here.
    Oh, yeah? I'll one-up you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    you know what dude. at over 6'3" I find your counterpoint factious.

but since I am also getting old... quite fun!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

true. so?

I should only participate if.... what?
    I can make a "difference" and be superman?

well, spank you Love!!!
    I spend all of my efforts at the beginning of a cycle. not the end.
    we are NOT a democracy, we are a Republic.
    my vote in the general is superfluous, I understand that.
    State and local is a good place to focus your time, energy and money. The national level you cannot.

2012 GOP Convention, was so staged if I had to put a rating on it, it would have been rated-B.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

you know what dude. at over 6'3" I find your counterpoint factious.

but since I am also getting old... quite fun!
    A most curious statement. I don't know what to make of it.

You find it fun the notion of all the murder and mayhem the US inflicts on the world? Whatever the gov't of NK does to its people, horrible as it is, it can never compare to that of the US empire, who imprisons at home more than China, India, and Russia combined.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    A most curious statement. I don't know what to make of it
    this thread is all about not voting. it is a silly and fruitless "process".
    I am going to vote and no, I do NOT care if it makes a "difference" or NOT!

I was talking about heat pumps and plasma.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Faith can be a crazy nut to crack.
    Last edited by green73; 10-20-2014 at 11:05 PM.

peace bro. Life is good!

this thread is all about not voting. it is a silly and fruitless "process".
    I am going to vote and no, I do NOT care if it makes a "difference" or NOT!
    Damn right! It's the thought that counts.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

My november plan is to vote for every LP candidate on the ballot. They are waaaaay better than the D and R candidates. If not for the LP, I'd just stay home rather than practicing that form of activism. Lately I've been studying the local school board candidates and that has convinced me not to bother voting on those races.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    My november plan...
    Ditto!

Well let's see what the kiddos came up with overnight.
    Darn, apparently no great philosophic breakthroughs. I can't really say that I'm any too surprised.
    Maybe if we just stir the pot a bit more something valuable will bubble up.
    What do we have here?Enjoy! (Or not depending on your thread topic disposition.)

"You can only learn more, never less."

I haven't completely given up on voting yet. I hope to be able to vote for Rand in the 2016 primary and general elections. And, given the opportunity, I would vote for other exceptionally less-bad-than-usual candidates.

But honestly, I can't come up with a good argument for why I should do that. It's more of an irrational hope and a prayer than anything.
    Because of the whole "if enough people do what I'm doing" logic. No, you won't create liberty in this country by yourself, but you can be one of thousands of pieces to that puzzle.

Mind you, this is SOLELY about the idea of voting for qualified candidates, it has nothing to do with the inevitable debate over whether Rand Paul is a qualified candidate.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Damn right! It's the thought that counts.
    Right and not the votes!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

“Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perennially rejuvenated illusions.”- Albert Einstein

Consider the propaganda of the opening words of the US Constitution, "We the people...." And ask yourself if we, the people, really did ordain and establish the regime that Constitution empowers, and delegate to that regime all the authority it claims we delegated to it. When, if ever, did they ask you for your consent? And what do they do, and what have they always done since the tenure of George Washington, to their nonconsenting subjects?
    I was never asked. The Constitution is null and void to me. Should I feel patriotic about my forebear's making of me an indentured servant? No. I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I was never asked. The Constitution is null and void to me. Should I feel patriotic about my forebear's making of me an indentured servant? No. I think not.
    +rep Very Spoonerian of you.

Is this thread implicitly advocating for agorism? Or just generally criticizing voting?

Voting is merely a process of endorsing what has already been decided.

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    Is this thread implicitly advocating for agorism? Or just generally criticizing voting?
    I'd say generally AND specifically criticizing voting. If you would care to start a new thread on agorism, please feel free and be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Voting is merely a process of endorsing what has already been decided.
    Decided by who, and on what authority?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And some people on this forum wonder why more people aren't attracted to this movement. lolololol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    And some people on this forum wonder why more people aren't attracted to this movement. lolololol
    Nope, I think most around here are keenly aware of how the general public enjoys destroying other people's property, so long as it's not done to them individually.

But go ahead, continue believing that a piece of paper that was originally designed to strengthen the government is going to somehow protect you from the boogeyman. lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    But go ahead, continue believing that a piece of paper that was originally designed to strengthen the government is going to somehow protect you from the boogeyman. lolololol
    Let me help you out, "student", since you are so badly in need of education on this subject. A piece of paper doesn't protect you, but it does lay out a set of principles. It is up to the American public to make sure it is followed. Problem is, that hasn't been happening and if you are any example of what the youth of America is all about, I hope out little hope that it will be.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Let me help you out, "student", since you are so badly in need of education on this subject. A piece of paper doesn't protect you, but it does lay out a set of principles. It is up to the American public to make sure it is followed. Problem is, that hasn't been happening and if you are any example of what the youth of America is all about, I hope out little hope that it will be.
    You cut off the first part of his post that you quoted because he already said what you repeated. "Lololol"

Oh, so if you don't believe that the Constitution protects your rights, I guess you wouldn't be up in arms if it was destroyed by these "cultural marxists" that your ilk like to panic over?

But if we were to follow your guidelines which require the American public to hold the politicians' feet to the fire in order to make sure that the government is following every line of the Constitution, how does that disprove the fact that the Constitution has only increased the size and scope of the State's authority since its ratification in 1789? This didn't happen because society lost sight of the hero worship that is given to the mythological founding fathers. Again, this was the intention from the very beginning of the Constitution's inception!

And since you want to stereotype and use my age against me as if I'm somehow misinformed, you can look directly in the mirror and thank your generation for giving us multiple wars, the expansion of the police state, and the most crippling economic period since the Great Depression, all while making us flip the bill for it.
    Last edited by NIU Students for Liberty; 10-30-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Rockwell:

Voting Is a Mug’s Game

I am spammed unmercifully by the killer-spender-spies of DC, GOP division. I never look at Marco Rubio’s or the others. But today, for some reason, I opened Mike Lee’s. He was urging me to regimethink, that is, to vote. Why?

National Security is on the ballot. Amnesty is on the ballot. Obamacare is on the ballot. Obama’s lawlessness is on the ballot. Fiscal responsibility, the national debt, and out-of-control spending are on the ballot. Respect for life is on the ballot.

Thanks, Mike, for a list of things you crony, warmongerers will do nothing about (except spend more of my money on the merchants of death). As to why I belong to the largest party in America, the Non-Voters, here are a few reasons:

1) It is important to our rulers that I vote for Creep R over Creep D, or Creep D over Creep R, to show my allegiance to the biggest, richest, most destructive State on the planet.

2) Voting is the sacrament of the State religion. I’m a non-communicant.

3) Voting is a pain in the neck. I’d have to park at some ugly government facility, wait in line, and be ordered around by functionaries.

4) Voting means I believe in political democracy, that is, that the majority has the right to rule the minority.

5) My vote would not count, unless the election were decided by one vote.

Folks, not voting is your right. Exercise it while you still can.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast