Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Vote -- It means the politicians have fooled you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    It's a dirty job, but some folks need to do it.Politics Is a Sociopathic Cult

I can imagine no more absurd explanation for the outcome of the 2004 elections than the proposition that they were a victory for "spiritual values." In the face of the continual lying and butchery practiced by the Bush administration, one can only ponder the distorted meaning of "values" that were endorsed on election day. Shall we next hear of Nazi concentration camps and Soviet gulags being celebrated for "bringing people together"?
    If only more people in Germany had opted out of the electoral process, then the NAZIS would have won their elections in a greater landslide. And the lower turnout would have exposed the corrupt process, by the people withdrawing their consent. Beats voting for good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Let's just sit on our butts harder, OK?
    Is it any wonder Randal isn't trying real hard to get these morons votes?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    The founders of this country would be rolling over in their graves if they saw us not using the votes they fought so hard to give us.
    Some might. Others would be proud of the folks who sold "The People" into open-air slavery. Pretending "The Founders" were all benevolent fellows with only good intent is just folly. A certain percentage of any large group is going to be sociopathic. Politicians gonna politik. It's one of those things that hasn't changed in all human history.

Living With Hamilton's Curse
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 10-20-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Hmmm.... Like spouting off on a political forum about the futility of politics? You are doing yeoman's work.

It's a dirty job, but some folks just have to do it.

Politics Is a Sociopathic Cult

Congrats On Your Vote, Too Bad It Probably Didn't Count

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws."
    -Barron Rothschild
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    The founders of this country would be rolling over in their graves if they saw us not using the votes they fought so hard to give us.
    Who, all of those white only male property owner voters? Who taught you American History? Government schools, I'll betcha.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Congrats On Your Vote, Too Bad It Probably Didn't Count

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws."
    -Barron Rothschild
    Sitting on our butts would make Mr Rothchild's power go away.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

If only more people in Germany had opted out of the electoral process, then the NAZIS would have won their elections in a greater landslide. And the lower turnout would have exposed the corrupt process, by the people withdrawing their consent. Beats voting for good people.
    I just love hypotheticals, the are just so often really fun and silly.

Yes, this is an excellent example of how votes can save lives. All the people who voted against the nazis, are heros in my book. It's a shame the people who voted no just ended up thrown in camps though. If only they had voted just a little bit harder.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I just love hypotheticals, the are just so often really fun and silly.
    It's not a hypothetical, the Nazis came to power through an election.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yeah Dr. Paul, don't waste your resources.

Tacit consent is not present when you have consistently voted against everything that has become policy. You get a couple days a year to register your displeasure; and it doesn't cost you anything.
    Tacit consent to be governed is given in exchange for a very questionable illusion of choice. Quite the deal with the devil really.

Mark Twain — 'If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.'

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

It's not a hypothetical, the Nazis came to power through an election.
    DUH!

If only Ron Paul had retired in 2008, that would have been so much more effective than starting that silly, toothless "Revolution" that made liberty mainstream.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yeah, this moron was present for the recount when his father was gypped of his 2008 primary votes. When Ron decided to run again in 2012, I jumped in once again to help spread the message of liberty. He did come in second place in 2012--they just tossed us a bone, because we were watching them.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Tacit consent is not present when you have consistently voted against everything that has become policy. You get a couple days a year to register your displeasure; and it doesn't cost you anything.
    Correct, but your consistent and continual involvement, support and legitimizing of the process doesn't really help matters improve all that much either.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Tacit consent to be governed is given in exchange for a very questionable illusion of choice. Quite the deal with the devil really.
    I would argue that they have assumed your signature on the social contract whether or not your voted for it, against it, or not at all. Given the 3 options, I still prefer to register my disapproval.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Correct, but your consistent and continual involvement, support and legitimizing of the process doesn't really help matters improve all that much either.
    Getting closer....

Your abstention from the process does even less.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I once voted.

It was scary so I don't think I'm going to do that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Getting closer....

Your abstention from the process does even less.
    The only way to win in a rigged game, is to not play.

Fail.

They still take your stuff. You lose anyway. Whether you "play" or not.

If, by some stretch of the imagination, you were correct and you could win by not playing, then perhaps you could make your case. They do not need your vote to legitimize themselves. Your lack of a vote just makes it easier for them.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 10-20-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Fail.

So what is your point and what would be your solution? A lose/lose scenario doesn't help the cause of liberty.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I would argue that they have assumed your signature on the social contract whether or not your voted for it, against it, or not at all. Given the 3 options, I still prefer to register my disapproval.
    The "social contract" (so called) is not worth paper that it's NOT written on. The system thrives on feedback, starve it to death.

Hopefully Hillary wins with 100% of the vote. That will prove she does not have support, such an outcome will not be a rubber stamp for her policies. Hopefully Justin Amash and Thomas Massie will never run again, that will leave congress to be dominated by guys like John McCain, John Boehner, and Nancy Pelosi. The lack of reasonable Congressmen will wake more people up to the what is going on than Ron Paul ever did. We will all sit on our butts as society collapses, and people inevitably embrace voluntarism as the only answer to everything. Those Americans left, will not allow an evil leader or system of government, because somehow they will be smarter than 99% of of those before them.

This is far better than actually being involved in any way politically. Ron Paul running was the worst thing for liberty in modern history. Because he convinced so many people to try and stop tyranny, which is impossible, because those in power are totally powerful.
    Last edited by William Tell; 10-20-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Fail.

If, by some stretch of the imagination, you were correct and you could win by not playing, then perhaps you could make your case. They do not need your vote to legitimize themselves. Your lack of a vote just makes it easier for them.
    Nor yours, obviously. The difference being? I think you are finally making my case. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    So what is your point and what would be your solution? A lose/lose scenario doesn't help the cause of liberty.
    Not at all. All the pieces play a part. Voting is just one of the easiest things someone can do. It is of little value, really, until there are large swaths of people voting their rights to be upheld. But in the meantime, at least it registers a little disapproval. I always say people should work their own path - whichever they deem most fruitful. But I also ask that they don't waste their time trying to undermine the efforts of others who are in the same fight. There are those that are working for a political solution - the least I can do to help them is to throw my vote in and wish them the best of luck.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully Hillary wins with 100% of the vote. That will prove she does not have support, such an outcome will not be a rubber stamp for her policies. Hopefully Justin Amash and Thomas Massie will never run again, that will leave congress to be dominated by guys like John McCain, John Boehner, and Nancy Pelosi. The lack of reasonable Congressmen will wake more people up to the what is going on than Ron Paul ever did. We will all sit on our butts as society collapses, and people inevitably embrace voluntarism as the only answer to everything. Those Americans left, will not allow an evil leader or system of government, because somehow they will be smarter than 99% of of those before them.

This is far better than actually being involved in any way politically. Ron Paul running was the worst thing for liberty in modern history. Because he convinced so many people to try and stop tyranny, which is impossible, because those in power are totally powerful.
    100% of the vote is always a minority of the eligible voters. It appears the the majority has either figured the scam out or are indifferent to the powerless waste of time.

Nor yours, obviously. The difference being? I think you are finally making my case. Thanks!
    Oh, SNAP! Well played, comrade. ~hugs~

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Maybe something weird like finding common ground, and organizing to effect good change in every way possible. Might counteract those who find common ground, and organize to effect bad change?

Maybe most real changes, for good and ill, have started as 'political movements' of sorts?
    Could be.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Not at all. All the pieces play a part. Voting is just one of the easiest things someone can do. It is of little value, really, until there are large swaths of people voting their rights to be upheld. But in the meantime, at least it registers a little disapproval. I always say people should work their own path - whichever they deem most fruitful. But I also ask that they don't waste their time trying to undermine the efforts of others who are in the same fight. There are those that are working for a political solution - the least I can do to help them is to throw my vote in and wish them the best of luck.
    What will happen with the influx of illegal aliens on the government dole are allowed to vote? Will you cry foul then?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast