Thread: Cop coaxes friendly dogs closer with kissing noises before opening fire

Cop coaxes friendly dogs closer with kissing noises before opening fire

CLEBURNE, TX — Body-cam video shows how an officer coaxed a family dog toward him with friendly kissing sounds before raising his weapon and firing.

The incident took place on August 10, 2014, when dogs belonging to Quinton Tatum and Amanda Henderson escaped from their fenced-in yard while the married couple was not at home. Some neighbors called the government to complain that the dogs were loose and interfering with them walking from their car to their house.

When a Cleburne police officer arrived at the scene, one of the pit bulls happily approached him, wagging its tail, and licked his face. This was included in the police report and can be seen on video from the officer’s body cam.

After the friendly interaction with the first dog took place in the front of the house, the officer then attempted to locate the other two dogs. They turned out to be playing in a nearby irrigation ditch between the homes, in a more obscured area.

As recorded on his body-camera, the Cleburne officer then began coaxing the dogs over to him by making kissing sounds, which can be heard in the video. The dogs respond by wagging their tails and exhibiting very friendly body language, video shows.

That’s when the officer raises his pistol and began firing. Three shots can be heard, along with a pitiful yelp.

One dog rolled over and died from the gunshots. The other frightened pet backed away, paused, then ran home.

View the moments of the shooting below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5fGZabUBi0

Soon after, an animal control officer arrived on the scene with a catchpole to collect the remaining two dogs who were still alive. Video shows that animal control officer didn’t even need to use the catchpole, since speaking to the dogs in a friendly tone was all that was required to get them to follow her to a secure area with tails wagging.

The officer’s narrative is the subject of some speculation from witnesses and many who have viewed the video.

The official report states: “I raised my duty weapon to the ready position – pointed at the growling dog’s head. As soon as I lifted my pistol, the dog began coming up the hill, continuing to growl and display its teeth… I fired three shots at it.”

No growling or teeth baring is evident from the video at all. In fact, every angle of the dogs portrays them as friendly.

“Words can’t even explain that,” commented Mr. Tatum after viewing the video of the officer tricking his pet before opening fire.

The Cleburne police department is claiming that the video has been taken out of context and reiterates that the officer was only “assisting” the dog-phobic 9-1-1 callers, suggesting that they were “pinned” inside their vehicle by “aggressive” dogs.

The incident remains under department review, and the identity of the shooter remains without consequence. He has been identified as Officer Kevin Dupre.
    http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/c...-dog-shooting/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this is the most blatant one I've seen so far. If you let somebody do this, then you might as well forget it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Put a donut on the rope.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Maybe the dog gave Officer Dupre flashbacks to this horrific incident at the Cleburne McDonald's a few years back. If I were him I'd definitely stay away from fast food places, especially now.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2007/06/...4211181845918/

Policeman sues for cockroach in coffee
    June 14, 2007 at 2:31 PM | 0 Comments

FORT WORTH, Texas, June 14 (UPI) -- A Texas police officer is suing the McDonald's restaurant in Cleburne for serving him a cup of coffee containing a one-inch-long cockroach.

Unfortunately when Kevin Lynn Dupre took a sip of the coffee not only was the coffee cold but the cockroach ended up in his mouth, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Thursday.

The incident occurred in May 2006 while Dupre was on patrol for the Cleburne police department.

Dupre says in the suit that he tried to resolve the matter with the restaurant manager but was offered only minimal compensation, according to his attorney.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for negligence and intentionally inflicting emotional distress.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-19-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Sorry I can't watch the video of the dog being shot I hate that crap.

Isn't it interesting how the cop's story is always different from what can actually be viewed on video and mentioned by witnesses?
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

This is freaking brutal. Holy christ.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Isn't it interesting how the cop's story is always different from what can actually be viewed on video and mentioned by witnesses?

More like expected.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    c'mon you guys, get with the program. This is the new norma,l and no one....NO ONE...is gonna do $#@!ing $#@! about any of this...

burp.

Share this. This is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of the good that body cameras can do. If it werent for the camera, that cop might have gotten a medal for fending of a raging pitbull attack. Now everyone knows Officer Dupre is a sadist and a liar.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

http://www.ci.cleburne.tx.us/index.aspx?NID=161
    Our mission is to protect and serve Cleburne. We work in partnership with our citizens for the mutual purpose of promoting safe streets and neighborhoods, creating a community free from the fear of crime, and improving the overall quality of life. The department operates under a community policing philosophy committed to intelligence-led policing and a high level of customer service.
    More intellignet than God I tell ya...

Deuteronomy 22: 1-4
    1 "You shall not see your countryman's ox or his sheep straying away, and pay no attention to them; you shall certainly bring them back to your countryman.

2 "If your countryman is not near you, or if you do not know him, then you shall bring it home to your house, and it shall remain with you until your countryman looks for it; then you shall restore it to him.

3 "Thus you shall do with his donkey, and you shall do the same with his garment, and you shall do likewise with anything lost by your countryman, which he has lost and you have found. You are not allowed to neglect them.

4 "You shall not see your countryman's donkey or his ox fallen down on the way, and pay no attention to them; you shall certainly help him to raise them up.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Justified.

Now, move the $#@! along.

Cop Whose Body Cam Footage Showed him Call a Dog Over and Kill It, Was Just Cleared of Charges

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...BdyVGjgs3Ld.99

Now, according to the Cleburne Times, an independent investigator has found that officer Dupre was justified in the shooting of Maximus.

The city is now revising their dog encounter policies for officers, as well as the city’s leash laws, and are pushing for legislation to require mandatory dog training for all law enforcement personnel.

The report was released Saturday during a press conference at city hall.

“We have a 28-page report,” Mayor Scott Cain said. “One of the most thorough reports of an investigation that I have seen. The long and short of it is that at the end of his conclusion he found that the officer did not violate any laws and that he was justified in the shooting.”

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    “We have a 28-page report,” Mayor Scott Cain said. “One of the most thorough reports of an investigation that I have seen. The long and short of it is that at the end of his conclusion he found that the officer did not violate any laws and that he was justified in the shooting.”
    LMAO @ "at the end of his conclusion" - for reasons of redundant syntax, as well as for the implication that the result wasn't already foregone at "the start of his beginning" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Maybe the dog gave Officer Dupre flashbacks to this horrific incident at the Cleburne McDonald's a few years back. If I were him I'd definitely stay away from fast food places, especially now.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2007/06/...4211181845918/
    Officer (Farva) Dupre can sue with little difficulty, but the dog owners are offered no such recourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

What is the penalty for falsifying a police report?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    What is the penalty for falsifying a police report?
    What falsified report? Shooting justified. Move along.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    we need more body cams!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    we need more body cams!
    they'll just say they were turned off by accident whenever there's missing footage (it was deleted on purpose)

but i agree, they're a good thing.

obombya just cleared a package for billions worth of new body cams, should be a good business to be in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    they'll just say they were turned off by accident whenever there's missing footage (it was deleted on purpose)

but i agree, they're a good thing.

obombya just cleared a package for billions worth of new body cams, should be a good business to be in right now.
    Without accountability there is no use for body cams. Conversely, with accountability there would be no need for body cams.

The dog's owners accept the findings and are not upset -- move along ...

The "independent investigator" was a retired police officer -- once a cop, always a cop. A cop investigates another cop, and finds that he did nothing wrong? How surprising.

Of course we have to remember that we live in a country where throwing a flash bang grenade into a toddler's crib is "justified" , so long as you are wearing the magical costume of the State.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...ting/20702623/

But Henderson and her husband, Quinton Tatum, accept the findings and are not upset. They are pleased the city is already instituting K-9 training for officers, which did not exist previously. In fact, they're calling this justice for Maximus — something they had sought from the start.

The family also said they appreciate the lengths to which the city went looking into this incident.

"This is making a change for the better. And we're okay… we're happy with that," Henderson said.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 12-21-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    The dog's owners accept the findings and are not upset -- move along ...
    Ah. Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Without accountability there is no use for body cams. Conversely, with accountability there would be no need for body cams.
    There are no "good cops" or there would be no bad cops.