Thread: Minn CD 8 Poll: Stewart Mills, 47% Democrat Incumbent Rick Nolan 39%

Minn CD 8 Poll: Stewart Mills, 47% Democrat Incumbent Rick Nolan 39%

3 Weeks To Election Day, Republican Challenger Mills Atop Democratic Incumbent Nolan in MN-08; Possible GOP Take-Away: In Minnesota's 8th Congressional District, first-term Democrat Rick Nolan trails Republican challenger Stewart Mills, 47% to 39%, according to a KSTP-TV News Poll conducted by SurveyUSA. Green Party candidate Ray "Skip" Sandman takes votes from the Democrat, but not enough at this hour to keep the district Blue. 11% of likely voters are undecided, 3 weeks to Election Day.
    Voters who say that the Polymet Mining project in Hoyt Lakes should get government approval vote Republican by 20 points. Voters who say the Polymet Mining project in Hoyt Lakes should not get government approval vote Democratic by 28 points. Voters who say health care is the most important issue in the contest narrowly back Nolan, 45% to 42%. Voters who say taxes are the most important issue back Mills by 29 points.
    Mills holds 81% of the Republican base. Nolan holds 78% of the DFL base. But independents break 2:1 Republican, and on that rock, Mills builds his church. Voters in the district have a Minus 18 reaction to the Affordable Care Act (aka: Obamacare): 38% of voters approve, 56% of voters disapprove. Of voters who approve of Obamacare, 79% vote for Nolan. Of voters who disapprove of Obamacare, 76% vote for Mills.
    Mills leads among middle-income and upper-income voters. Lower-income voters split. Mills leads among high-school educated voters and voters with some college experience. 4-year college graduates split.
    This research was conducted 100% by telephone; cell-phone and home-phone respondents included. SurveyUSA interviewed 725 registered voters from Minnesota's 8th US Congressional District 10/09/14 through 10/12/14 using Registration Based Sample (aka: Voter List Sample) purchased from Aristotle in Washington DC. Of the registered voters, 555 were determined by SurveyUSA to be likely to vote on or before 11/04/14 Election Day. This research was conducted by telephone. Respondents reachable on a home telephone (77% of likely voters) were interviewed on their home telephone in the recorded voice of a professional announcer. Respondents not reachable on a home telephone (23% of likely voters) were contacted on their cell phones, by live interviewers, who hand-dialed the respondent's cell phone, secured the respondent's cooperation, qualified the respondent, conducted the interview, and remained on the line until the conclusion of the conversation.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/Poll...3a873bdf7&c=72
    Last edited by William Tell; 10-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Very interesting to see some of the details to it.

independents break 2:1 Republican
    I'm hoping to ride this trend to a win this November as well!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro97 View Post
    Very interesting to see some of the details to it.
    There are some details at the link.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Watching a debate on Youtube, Mr Mills seems a bit too hawkish. I guess we shall see where he is on the liberty spectrum if he wins.

~Resident Badgiraffe

I'm voting for Sandman because I have too much angst built up towards the CD8 Republican party. $#@! them.

- ML

I don't think he was that great. Sure he may have been a "Libertarian" in the past, but he came off as more of a "hookers and blow Republican" as I like to call them. You know, the Donderos and Boortzes of the world, who call themselves "libertarian" despite talking like neocons 90% of the time.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.