Thread: National Poll: Rand Paul at 9% if Romney's Running; Tied For First if Romney Doesn't Run

National Poll: Rand Paul at 9% if Romney's Running; Tied For First if Romney Doesn't Run

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...mocratic-race/
    http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1163a52016.pdf

Romney: 21%
    Bush: 10%
    Huckabee: 10%
    Paul: 9%
    Christie: 8%
    Carson: 6%
    Rubio: 6%
    Perry: 5%
    Santorum: 4%
    Cruz: 3%
    Jindal: 1%
    Walker: 1%
    No Opinion: 4%

Quote Originally Posted by ABC News
    When Romney is excluded from the race, his supporters scatter, adding no clarity to the GOP free-for-all. In that scenario former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul have 12 or 13 percent support from leaned Republicans who are registered to vote. All others have support in the single digits.
    So, basically, Paul is right at the top, because Romney is not running, despite the polls from the media attempting to coax him into the race.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought Cruz would have more support than that. I guess the Free Republic/Hot Air crowd is pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I thought Cruz would have more support than that. I guess the Free Republic/Hot Air crowd is pretty small.
    I guess they like Romney.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The Romney number is going down every month. Last month it was around 35%. If they want to see his real numbers, they should just include him in the list without asking the question twice.

I thought Cruz would have more support than that.
    Why? Outside the conservative blogosphere and the Value Voters Summit, there just isn't that much support for the Texas blowhard. Cruz is going to flame out like Bachmann did, if he actually has grandiose delusions of sitting in the White House as President in January 2017.

That is absolutely stunning. It really jumped out at me in the last few polls. I like Cruz, but I am glad that his hardcore pandering to imbeciles and his support from the conservative press is only getting a few percent of the vote. Rand gets kneecapped by "conservative" sites constantly and is still doing well.

I am not a big fan of these kinds of polls. Just because the president ran for two years before the election is no reason to think anyone else should. We are a long way from the next election. It would be great if the media would stop trying to create news and just focus on the issues today.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

If Romney runs. Ron Paul should run just for lols and fun.

It can be a gimmick... son vs father. Haha.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Rand gets kneecapped by "conservative" sites constantly and is still doing well.
    Because those websites just aren't that relevant. Think about it: Their public enemy #1 in 2008 was McCain, and in 2012 it was Romney, and they both won the GOP nomination. Those conservative sites are read by a very tiny minority of the primary electorate, and it's the hardcore political junkies that read them, the types that already know whom they're voting for and aren't going to be swayed.

Seriously, internet comments are the lowest form of campaigning for your guy.

lol stockholm syndrome

On the other hand, after universal name recognition, and hundreds of millions in 2012 General Election campaign spending. Mitt Romney is not polling any more impressively nationwide, than he was early on during the last primary cycle.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-1452.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Rand should get a nice bump from his recent Time mag cover story. The type of coverage that he's getting beats Cruz coverage anyday. Cruz is known as a disruptor, Rand is known as a unifier.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I am not a big fan of these kinds of polls. Just because the president ran for two years before the election is no reason to think anyone else should. We are a long way from the next election. It would be great if the media would stop trying to create news and just focus on the issues today.
    2 years is fine. It's never too soon to start planning who you're going to vote for. It's a very important choice.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

As someone who has frequented those environs for many years, trust me: below each Hot Air post, what you find are comments written by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Seriously, those guys aren't even representative of the core base, let alone the wider GOP electorate.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    If Romney runs. Ron Paul should run just for lols and fun.

It can be a gimmick... son vs father. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    agreed!
    just think of the debate ron and rand would have lol. I would like to see the two get in a fierce and intellectual argument. It'll make the other candidates look like idiots.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.