Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Shocking Details in Michael Brown Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    contrary to previous posts dis-paraging this young man getting killed, i try and make this about the Police State, and violent behavior of cops, not just towards black people, but everyone.... We must keep the pressure on the true thugs in our midst, and these thugs are far more dangerous than 'thugs' like Brown...
    Oh yes, I agree totally with that. I am a huge proponent of body cams now with civilian oversight and elected positions for all police chiefs and sheriffs. I am for less cops and more armed citizens. I am for putting an end to the drug war and am open to hearing any other ideas which will end this move towards a police state. I agree that the police state is already in place in several places, I can only speak to what I have here in my town.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aiyana $#@!ing Jones.

Jesus.

Have they done anything about that poor child?
    Now that's a police state... The only difference between that and the Nazi SS bursting in to an apartment full of women and children with guns blazing is the era...

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229525

This makes for a few interesting new observations, dove-tailing with what I had previously suspected and so-stated.

First, one of the wounds in Brown's hand was apparently caused when the cop's gun went off in the SUV as residue was found in the wound. That does not happen unless the gun discharges very close to where the bullet goes in. The lack of stippling (powder burns external) is unusual but not unprecedented, and the presence of residue in the wound is solid evidence of a contact (or near-so) shot. Further, tissue evidence was recovered from the police SUV and matches Brown.

This would appear to many to exonerate Wilson (the cop.) Not so fast, kemosabe!

Had the fatal shot been delivered in the vehicle that would be true, but that's not what happened. The discharge of the firearm in the SUV, in a tightly-confined space right near the ears of both Brown and Wilson, means they were both almost-certainly temporarily deafened by the blast. This means that Brown could almost-certainly not hear any commands given by Wilson after that, and Wilson could almost-certainly not hear anything Brown said beyond that point in the encounter either.
    [...]
    The problem remains those gunshot wounds to the head. The round to the top of the head was recovered in the lateral right facial area with a 12cm travel path. The other round to the head is the one that exits the jaw and re-enters the upper right chest.

The forensic findings are roughly congruent with the previous private autopsy and present the same problem in terms of physics for those two wounds.

However, there is one further finding -- and that is entrance wound #5 which is unpaired.

This shot may be that which the entire situation turns on -- specifically, exactly when was that shot delivered. The problem for Wilson is that the path is not straight-on, but rather downward, implying that it did not produce Brown falling forward (and thus providing a clean explanation for exactly how the other two shots got delivered to his head in the orientation they were, without Brown being on his knees or otherwise in a submissive posture) but rather was delivered while he was either (1) falling forward or (2) below Wilson's plane of fire (that is, Wilson aimed downward because Brown was on his knees!)

This autopsy also contains no documentation of the sort of abrasion damage that would be expected on the exposed surfaces of the body and clothing if a perpetrator was in a charge toward the officer and was shot with immediately-fatal effect, falling forward at a high rate of speed onto pavement. Since this is the official autopsy we can thus reasonably conclude that Brown was not in fact in a "bull rush charge" at the moment he was shot in the head.

So all I get from this report is that there is in fact forensic evidence of a struggle in the SUV and the discharge of the officer's weapon, which left forensic evidence in the vehicle and on the deceased. That looks solid.

However, that still does not result in the remaining shots being justified unless the officer was being charged by Brown at the time he fired, and the forensics fail to document that as having happened.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123