Thread: Just Watched Jeremy Scahill Documentary "Dirty Wars" On Streaming Netflix

Just Watched Jeremy Scahill Documentary "Dirty Wars" On Streaming Netflix

http://dirtywars.org/watch

Has anyone watched this yet? Comments, thoughts?

More evidence that the plain truth is very accessible yet the masses will not absorb any of it.

Can anyone please explain to me what the puppet masters' agenda actually is over there? Scahill did not speculate on an agenda.

Here's my best naive guess: NATO is trying to antagonize the entire Muslim world into coalescing into a large fighting force that they can put a face onto for the dimwitted American citizenry and then crush them militarily, providing safe haven for oil contractors that proved tenuous after the Iraq invasion II.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post

More evidence that the plain truth is very accessible yet the masses will not absorb any of it.

Can anyone please explain to me what the puppet masters' agenda actually is over there? Scahill did not speculate on an agenda.

Here's my best naive guess: NATO is trying to antagonize the entire Muslim world into coalescing into a large fighting force that they can put a face onto for the dimwitted American citizenry and then crush them militarily, providing safe haven for oil contractors that proved tenuous after the Iraq invasion II.
    I haven't seen it but I'll put on my watch list.

Without seeing the movie, my best guess is money.

I have seen it and highly recommend it.

Agenda regarding where, specifically?

There are different [often overlapping] agendas for the various countries we are in. Some are oil/pipeline related, some are to ensure global hegemony, some are to guarantee contractors lucrative contracts in building this or that or maintaining this or that, some are to install puppets who will heed to the United States' orders. There's quite a few reasons why they do what they do. At the end of the day money or power is the lowest common denominator between every one of these conflicts.

The main point Scahill stresses in the book is that a sort of normalcy has been found by and large because of this current administration. Whereas before there was an outcry when George W. Bush's administration did something (torture, for instance), now there is largely silence. The book goes into detail on the various players who fundamentally changed how wars are to be fought. They did this through using sly legal semantics and the flat out redefining of words and simply chipping away at the American public's skepticism or outright disapproval. The Constitutional scholar, Nobel Peace Prize winning [war crime committing] democrat was all that was needed to put many at ease.

The book is excellent. It is long as all hell though. It thoroughly describes the circumstances leading to Anwar Al Awlaki's assassination, his son's assassination, the raid in Gardez, the Al Majalah cruise missile strikes, the people behind it, history behind the people and the organizations they were in charge of, the errant strikes, the torture programs, the blowback of various US policies, etc. etc. etc. It really is a treasure trove of information.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Related:

Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 10-19-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 10-19-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Bump and thanks for the links. Scahill gave props to Rand for his filibuster and lambasted Democrats for not participating. Scahill seems to be completely clear that there is no difference between the Democrats and Republicans on foreign policy.

P.S. How can this sort of credible information exist in the main stream without a complete revolt among the citizenry? This is not like obtuse monetary policy, this is more like the William Calley incident on a nightly basis. Where the hell are the American People? Is Rand himself even up to date on this JSOC run amok with the blessing of the White House? Rand has never spoken of it. The U.S. government is by far the biggest terrorist organization on the planet. There is no close second. And The People won't repudiate this at the voting polls. There must be widespread genetic code for type of blind tribal cooperation.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-19-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Bump and thanks for the links. Scahill gave props to Rand for his filibuster and lambasted Democrats for not participating. Scahill seems to be completely clear that there is no difference between the Democrats and Republicans on foreign policy.
    Just to be clear, Scahill is an unabashed "liberal". He is excellent on foreign policy, civil liberties, etc., but if you listen to or read his works, he's rather naïve with regards to solutions (especially anything regarding economics). His books are excellent reads and offer great first hand accounts, they are well sourced, etc., but he is miles away from where one advocating freedom would be with regards to monetary policy, social issues (that is to say, with regards to ending the welfare state), etc. I still love his work. He is a literal Glenn Greenwald with regards to foreign policy... a seemingly endless encyclopedia who is well versed enough to baste the media-lyte puppets and then roast them for dinner. Truly a treat to watch.

His regards to the filibuster in general I find ill founded but his regards of Rand Paul I do not find as much so. One just has to take the factual meat from the proverbial roast and as well look into things that sound somewhat questionable. He is a hell of a journalist regardless of political inclination or ignorance and ought be shown respect (the same way Greenwald ought be shown respect).

P.S. How can this sort of credible information exist in the main stream without a complete revolt among the citizenry?
    Scahill is still relatively unknown as known as he is. He challenges the status quo with regards to the foreign policy narrative. That in itself explains much of the reason why Americans do not know of him or what he is speaking of. "Blaming" America, or rather, documenting war crimes, isn't a popular position.

This is not like obtuse monetary policy, this is more like the William Calley incident on a nightly basis.
    I understand the sentiment but the majority of Americans would not pick up his recent cinder block of a book if I paid them to. I read it to people often, have provided transcripts here with regards to many important instances.... it is a daunting endeavor, though. A good read but the chapters run anywhere from three to fifty pages and within them are rather complicated mentionings of various acronyms, laws etc. Reading a chapter; I had to reread the chapter. Imagine someone picking up Human Action absent reading a little Hazlitt? Some of the concepts would be foreign to them. Truth be told, after reading further and investigating certain instances I need to reread Scahill's books, They are so crammed full of information a paragraph often takes a few times to digest. I recommend his books in the highest.

He is, as most foreign policy writers of today are, a "leftist" (an honest one at that). He mentions Ron Paul specifically and isn't blinded by democrat v. republican bull$#@!. Maybe one day he'll come around on other things.

Where the hell are the American People? Is Rand himself even up to date on this JSOC run amok with the blessing of the White House? Rand has never spoken of it.
    JSOC was by and large unheard outside of certain squares in Washington until the raid in Abbottabad. Overnight it became a household name (the raid on Bin Laden's compound). Rand Paul is probably as up to speed as possible when his plate is considered. Scahill's book isn't simply devoted to a defining of JSOC but it is devoted to the history surrounding JSOC. The history surrounding covert v. clandestine operations. etc. etc. etc. It truly is a must read in my book (I only heard of him after Ron Paul recommended it).

The U.S. government is by far the biggest terrorist organization on the planet. There is no close second. And The People won't repudiate this at the voting polls. There must be widespread genetic code for type of blind tribal cooperation.
    If this is what is on your mind, I'd recommend reading The Law by Frédéric Bastiat, Lysander Spooner's, No Treason, his Letter to Grover Cleveland, and as well, Andrew Napolitano has written much on the subject (same as Murray Rothbard, Tom Woods Jr., [Orwell] etc.).

Thanks kcchiefs6465. Yeah, too bad more people with masters degrees in economics don't pursue investigative journalism with a similar passion as Scahill. But I think Scahill has plenty on his plate and his contribution is most impressive. It may be to his credit that he resists pontificating about solutions. I do wish the buzz words "regulatory capture" became more mainstream. The foxes simply cannot guard the hen houses.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-19-2014 at 11:34 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump.

Watched it awhile ago, it's a great documentary and highly recommend it. Really makes the "they hate us because our freedoms" look really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Watched it awhile ago, it's a great documentary and highly recommend it. Really makes the "they hate us because our freedoms" look really stupid.
    Ever check out Beyond Treason?

[double post]

Might as well use it as a means to post another:

Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 12-26-2014 at 11:21 AM.

He's a pitbull going after the war mongers, just don't ask him his views on economics.