Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought police free discussion about Ebola

Thought police free discussion about Ebola

Apparently we can't discuss it in the main thread in general politics without being accused of "feeding paranoia".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ontagious.html

Mutant Ebola warning: Leading U.S. scientist warns deadly virus is already changing to become more contagious

The deadly Ebola virus could be mutating to become even more contagious, a leading U.S scientist has warned.

The disease has killed nearly 4,000 people, infecting in excess of 8,000 - the majority in the West African nations of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia.

Communities lie in ruins, thousands of children have been orphaned, millions face starvation but the virus continues its unprecedented pace, invading and destroying vast swathes of these countries.

Meanwhile three nurses, two in the U.S. and one in Spain have caught the infection while treating Ebola patients, despite wearing protective suits.

Now U.S. scientist Peter Jahrling of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease believes the current Ebola outbreak may be caused by an infection that spreads more easily than it did before.

Dr Jahrling explained that his team, who are working in the epicentre of the crisis in the Liberian capital of Monrovia, are seeing that the viral loads in Ebola patients are much higher than they are used to seeing.

He told Vox.com: 'We are using tests now that weren't using in the past, but there seems to be a belief that the virus load is higher in these patients [today] than what we have seen before. If true, that's a very different bug.

'I have a field team in Monrovia. They are running [tests]. They are telling me that viral loads are coming up very quickly and really high, higher than they are used to seeing.

'It may be that the virus burns hotter and quicker.'

Dr Jahrling's warning comes amid calls for the international community to step up their efforts to tackle the Ebola epidemic.

Yesterday the World Health Organisation admitted it blundered in its efforts to halt the outbreak of the virus in Africa, blaming incompetent staff and a lack of information for the failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Apparently we can't discuss it in the main thread in general politics without being accused of "feeding paranoia".
    Personally, I appreciate your sharing of this information Carlybee. Please don't be discouraged. Like yourself, and most others in here, I believe, I am not getting paranoid nor am I blowing it all off either. Many have said or implied that they prefer hearing what's being published and taking what ever they might get out of it for what ever it's worth to them. knowledge is power, ignorance can be deadly.
    If someone, and I need not mention any names, is disturbed by it, then instead of being insulting, just avoid this thread all together. I think they may be motivated by paranoia themselves, have a grievance with you personally, or they just enjoy conflict.
    Whatever the motive it's juvenile and needs to be curtailed.

Good move, I'm following ya.

I'm not paranoid but given the virulence and mortality rate of the disease as we know of it, I want to educate myself as much as I can. There are so many conflicting and unknown factors. The failure of the hospital in Dallas to observe protocol is disturbing.

I'm not paranoid but given the virulence and mortality rate of the disease as we know of it, I want to educate myself as much as I can. There are so many conflicting and unknown factors. The failure of the hospital in Dallas to observe protocol is disturbing.
    As has been said by yourself and a number of others in here, on multiple occasions I might add, the only ones who seemed to be truly paranoid, were the two who were accusing those who were objectively discussing the deluge of information about a possible impending outbreak, of being so lol.
    And I also concur with the statement made by at least two of our fellow com-padres that it is indeed foolish as well to be indifferent to an alleged threat and not to at least consider it's credibility.

Anywho, that's a basic summation of my feelings at this point anyway for what ever it's worth.
    Last edited by navy-vet; 10-18-2014 at 06:49 PM.

A convenient accident, no doubt.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Personally, I appreciate your sharing of this information Carlybee. Please don't be discouraged. Like yourself, and most others in here, I believe, I am not getting paranoid nor am I blowing it all off either. Many have said or implied that they prefer hearing what's being published and taking what ever they might get out of it for what ever it's worth to them. knowledge is power, ignorance can be deadly.
    If someone, and I need not mention any names, is disturbed by it, then instead of being insulting, just avoid this thread all together. I think they may be motivated by paranoia themselves, have a grievance with you personally, or they just enjoy conflict.
    Whatever the motive it's juvenile and needs to be curtailed.
    I'm completely burned out on pandemic scares. I remember these scares going all the way back to when I was a little child, and I got very scared over them back then. Now, I can connect the dots and I see what it's all about. Pandemic after pandemic after pandemic amounts to nothing, but they all serve the convenient purpose of promoting vaccines. Better safe than sorry, they say.

It's all becoming clear with the revelation that we've now sent 3,000 troops to force Africans to take their vaccines. Suddenly, after a few convenient accidents in America, it's our business to send the military over to foreign lands yet again to get more and more vaccines pumped into people. I'm sorry if I sound dismissive, but these people have cried wolf one too many times. Don't buy into the hype.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I'm completely burned out on pandemic scares. I remember these scares going all the way back to when I was a little child, and I got very scared over them back then. Now, I can connect the dots and I see what it's all about. Pandemic after pandemic after pandemic amounts to nothing, but they all serve the convenient purpose of promoting vaccines. Better safe than sorry, they say.

It's all becoming clear with the revelation that we've now sent 3,000 troops to force Africans to take their vaccines. Suddenly, after a few convenient accidents in America, it's our business to send the military over to foreign lands yet again to get more and more vaccines pumped into people. I'm sorry if I sound dismissive, but these people have cried wolf one too many times. Don't buy into the hype.
    wow! That's exactly, almost word for word what a former friend of mine said who lived in Liberia!

All we need to do is remove the word 'police' from the thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    It's all becoming clear with the revelation that we've now sent 3,000 troops to force Africans to take their vaccines.
    Which vaccines are the Africans being forced to take? At the moment there is no vaccine for Ebola. Even the most advanced projects are just now hitting the very early trial testing phase. And even if an Ebola vaccine existed, distribution now would be way to late to halt the current outbreak.

Seriously speaking PCWV, I miss the days when the worst thing one could catch could be cleared up with a little penicillin. I don't have any idea how old you are, but that's how it was when I was growing up, at least for the most part anyway.
    But, today, like it or not, things are different. The World is much smaller and people are more mobile. We are seeing habitat destroyed around the globe and pathogens long dormant are being revealed. Mans antibiotics and genetic manipulations of animals and plants are also playing a part in the growing threat of communicable illness. I think that attention to such things is actually wise and prudent. Like, you I am growing weary of the false alarms, but I am also relieved.

Some guys I have noticed during my tenure in this place called reality. want to see a potential hit coming, while others prefer not seeing it. Don't know who is right there but I have always believed that I want to know. I wish to reserve the right however, to change my mind on that, and might just choose to close my eyes at the last minute or second as that final blow comes, but for now I prefer keeping my eyes and ears open.
    Philosophically speaking that is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    All we need to do is remove the word 'police' from the thread title.
    You don't have to participate if you don't like it. Really getting sick of the assclowns on this forum who feel the need to interject pointless opinions about threads because they don't like the topic being discussed. I can't use the word troll.

They used to call me paranoid in NC when I prepared for hurricanes, then they started making landfall and everyone was asking me for a list of things to do...
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Quote Originally Posted by TonySutton View Post
    They used to call me paranoid in NC when I prepared for hurricanes, then they started making landfall and everyone was asking me for a list of things to do...
    Some people have all the answers.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some people have all the answers.
    That's partly true, some really do have the answers. Which is why I like hearing what every one has to say.
    Of course I believe we are speaking of two different groups of people here?

That's true, some really do have the answers. Which is why I like hearing what every one has to say.
    I don't think anyone here has the answers on Ebola. There's rampant speculation on all sides the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It's going to be just like the speculation surrounding 9/11. Either it's a government op gone bad, or a tragic accident that the govt is using to full advantage, but regardless we will probably never really find out one way or the other. I mean, was Duncan a victim who thought he could save his life by coming here and to hell with the consequences or was he a Patsy or govt asset sacrificed for effect?

I don't think anyone here has the answers on Ebola. There's rampant speculation on all sides the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It's going to be just like the speculation surrounding 9/11. Either it's a government op gone bad, or a tragic accident that the govt is using to full advantage, but regardless we will probably never really find out one way or the other. I mean, was Duncan a victim who thought he could save his life by coming here and to hell with the consequences or was he a Patsy or govt asset sacrificed for effect?
    I think with all these great minds in here we can answer many questions. It's just difficult sometimes to choose the one that may be correct. But the more we brain storm the more choices we have to peruse and the more inclined we will be to see the truth, perhaps. Seek and ye shall find.

pardon my craziness, tonight it's the red red wine....

wow! That's exactly, almost word for word what a former friend of mine said who lived in Liberia!
    Very interesting. Great minds think alike!

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Which vaccines are the Africans being forced to take? At the moment there is no vaccine for Ebola. Even the most advanced projects are just now hitting the very early trial testing phase. And even if an Ebola vaccine existed, distribution now would be way to late to halt the current outbreak.
    Yeah, but that doesn't stop them from pushing flu vaccines, HPV vaccines and every other kind of vaccine. You see it on commercials on the radio, TV, on TV "news" programs, etc. That's all they do.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 10-19-2014 at 07:17 AM.

I am slightly paranoid about it I want to stay as healthy as possible. I can't take vaccines they have always made me sick. So, in light of this incoming virus being intentionally brought into our country(IMO)

I will do whatever I can to keep my immune system strong. I take colloidal silver, probiotics, spirilina, drink three stage filtered, reverse osmosis water and also cook with it and eat as much organic as possible. I don't think it hurts to support my immune system as much as possible.

Also the natural health community seems to think that Ebola starts as a parasitic infection so, I also use my parasite zapper every couple of days.

I am somewhat concerned.. but not paranoid. And I am following it out of a natural curiosity.

I have long warned folks to GET OUT OF CITIES. and have done so myself.

I have no idea whether this one will spread.. none whatsoever.
    But I do know two things.
    Eventually some plague will hit,,, and, that there are people actively trying to make that happen.

So I watch these things.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I am slightly paranoid about it I want to stay as healthy as possible. I can't take vaccines they have always made me sick. So, in light of this incoming virus being intentionally brought into our country(IMO)

I will do whatever I can to keep my immune system strong. I take colloidal silver, probiotics, spirilina, drink three stage filtered, reverse osmosis water and also cook with it and eat as much organic as possible. I don't think it hurts to support my immune system as much as possible.

Also the natural health community seems to think that Ebola starts as a parasitic infection so, I also use my parasite zapper every couple of days.
    I agree. That's really about all you can do short of going off grid.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I am somewhat concerned.. but not paranoid. And I am following it out of a natural curiosity.

Eventually some plague will hit,,, and, that there are people actively trying to make that happen.

So I watch these things.

I wish I could get out of the city but am unable to do so presently.

I wish I could get out of the city but am unable to do so presently.

It should be on a priority list of "things to do".

Whether an economic collapse,, or a communicable disease,, or a natural disaster,,
    Cities are no good place to be.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I agree. That's really about all you can do short of going off grid.
    During the black death:

in general the rural population suffered as heavily as the urban ones, a key factor given that 90% of Europe’s population lived in rural areas
    http://europeanhistory.about.com/od/...blackdeath.htm

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

So I watch these things.
    Yes, that is some very wise and sound advice. Agenda 21 by the way, is all about herding us into the city enclosures, while the ruling elites establish their kingdoms out side, in the natural spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post

What, may I ask is a "parasite zapper" Working Poor? Sounds like something I need to add to my wish list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast