Thread: Because This Time Is Never Different, In 100 Year Old Cartoons

Because This Time Is Never Different, In 100 Year Old Cartoons

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...r-old-cartoons

Any time you feel like all the endless crime, rigging and cronyism on Wall Street and its lobbied puppets in the Capitol is something new, look at these cartoons from about 100 years ago. You will feel better that this time is not different... and much worse that in 100 years absolutely nothing has changed.

Lots more at the link. Check his twitter feed too. Funny stuff on Yellen.

“Banks have done more injury to religion, morality, tranquillity, prosperity, and even wealth of the nation than they have done or ever will do good.”
    --John Adams

“All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arises not from deficits in the Constitution or Confederation , nor from want of honor and virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation."
    --John Adams
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'See where Congress passed a two billion dollar bill to relieve bankers' mistakes. You can always count on us helping those who have lost part of their fortune, but our whole history records nary a case where the loan was for the man who had absolutely nothing. Our theory is to help only those who can get along, even if they don't get a loan.'--Will Rogers
    'Loan sharks and interest hounds! I have addressed every form of organized graft in the United States, excepting Congress. So it's naturally a pleasure to me to appear before the biggest...

'I noticed in the prayer the clergyman announced to the Almighty that the bankers were here. Well, it wasn't exactly an announcement, it was more in the nature of a warning. He didn't tell the devil, as he figured he knew where you were all the time anyhow...

'Will you please tell me what you do with all the vice presidents a bank has? I guess that's to get anybody more discouraged before you can see the main guy. Why, the United States is the biggest business institution in the world, and they have only got one vice president. Nobody has ever found anything for him to do...

'So, good-bye paupers, you are the finest bunch of shylocks that ever foreclosed a mortgage on a widow's home.'--Will Rogers
    "I guess there is no two races of people in worse repute with everybody than the international bankers and the folks that put all those pins in new shirts."--Will Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Ultimately, this is why many of us are here.

In 2007, when I was a naïve libertarian, I supported Ron Paul strictly because of his basic libertarian views.

When I bought a bunch of tracts to hand out, I was surprised to see "Sound Money" at the top of his list of issues. As a "good American," I thought we already had it.

When it comes down to it, every loss of liberty we suffer comes down to who controls the money.

End the Fed!

All Central Banks must both be abolished, and prohibited from ever gaining a footing again. A War that is incumbent on each and every generation.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.