Thread: Is This Illegal?

Question Is This Illegal?

Is it illegal to buy cars for a company that mostly ships cars over seas?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what makes you think it would be illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    What makes you think anyone in the "justice" business gives a rats ass what the written law says?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Not at all. You have to deal with tariffs, freight, and vehicle safety/emission/design regulations. Its often not cost effective but there are niche markets.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    what makes you think it would be illegal?
    It seems like I read something about it being considered a little on the shady side.

It seems like I read something about it being considered a little on the shady side.
    perhaps there is a high rate of such companies buying stolen cars to send overseas?

perhaps there is a high rate of such companies buying stolen cars to send overseas?
    No they want me to buy brand new cars from dealers.

No they want me to buy brand new cars from dealers.
    with cash? if they are being financed, the financer might have a problem with that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    with cash? if they are being financed, the financer might have a problem with that.
    All cash.

All cash.
    can't imagine who would have a problem with that.

I think it is about hurting overseas markets. Not that they are not already messed up.

Chester Copperpot

I think it is about hurting overseas markets. Not that they are not already messed up.
    If youre being told to buy stuff in cash to ship overseas for sales... DONT DO IT.

There are so many ways for you to get ripped off.. Unless its a family member or real good friend you can trust who lives in that country..

Especially stay away from countries in Africa like Nigeria..

Putting something benign like a pair of levi jeans in the car is enough to violate their import rules and they will just seize the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    If youre being told to buy stuff in cash to ship overseas for sales... DONT DO IT.

There are so many ways for you to get ripped off.. Unless its a family member or real good friend you can trust who lives in that country..

Especially stay away from countries in Africa like Nigeria..

Putting something benign like a pair of levi jeans in the car is enough to violate their import rules and they will just seize the car.

I will not be using my money they provide the money they just want me to buy it sign and the title over to them.

"Is this illegal?"

The answer is always "if you get caught."

But seriously- if your gut is telling you that this is questionable, you shouldn't ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    "Is this illegal?"

The answer is always "if you get caught."

But seriously- if your gut is telling you that this is questionable, you shouldn't ignore that.
    I love selling cars and buying cars granted they were used cars not new.
    I worked for a wholesaler for awhile it was good money and I liked it. I still like it. I have seen a couple of articles on the subject of which I will provide links. Personally, I do not see anything wrong with doing this at all I would love to get back into it.

U.S. Targets Buyers of China-Bound Luxury Cars

A Profitable Trade: Illicitly Shipping BMWs to China

In Virginia,if you buy and sell so many cars/year (six?) you have to get a dealers license,with all that that entails.

I have a friend who asked me to do that,and pay me for it,so he could sell more cars from his front yard on a busy street.It might be something along those lines but don't take my word on it.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who do you think?