Thread: Morning Joe discusses Rand Paul on cover of TIME Magazine

Morning Joe discusses Rand Paul on cover of TIME Magazine

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was pretty good.
    Joe has gotten a lot prettier ... not that I'd say he's pretty, but prettier.

LOL. Rand foreign policy is watered down from ron Pauls view...and rand's foreign policy scares that woman.

What does she want rand do? Nuke the middle east? Send people off to die?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    LOL. Rand foreign policy is watered down from ron Pauls view...and rand's foreign policy scares that woman.

What does she want rand do? Nuke the middle east? Send people off to die?
    No, she wants to keep arming terrorists and destroying secular societies in order to create power vacuums for same terrorists to take over.

What was up with everyone saying "wow" at the end of the video in response to the Iowa poll showing Hillary at 44% and Rand at 41%??

Was it because Rand is polling better than expected or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    What was up with everyone saying "wow" at the end of the video in response to the Iowa poll showing Hillary at 44% and Rand at 41%??

Was it because Rand is polling better than expected or worse?
    Hmm, I thought they were saying "wow" because Rand was doing well in the poll.

Obama won Iowa 52-46 in 2012 and 54-44 in 2008.

Being within 3% this early - in a poll with a 3% margin of error - against the person with the greatest name recognition on either side is pretty good.

A lot of people that never heard of Rand Paul or are not sure what he does for a living are going to see that Time cover in the grocery. This is great. Especially with the positive and intriguing caption "Most Interesting Man In Politics." A media blackout does not seem to be part of the establishment strategy, for one reason or another. At least yet.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-16-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    A lot of people that never heard of Rand Paul or are not sure what he does for a living are going to see that Time cover in the grocery. This is great. Especially with the positive and intriguing caption "Most Interesting Man In Politics." A media blackout does not seem to be part of the establishment strategy, for one reason or another. At least yet.
    They'll wait and see if he can be "coaxed" into moving to a more hawkish position on foreign policy. That's why the remarks..."But, he scares me on foreign policy". You will hear that more.

edit: Also notice at the end...the thumbs down on social issues. What do they want there?
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 10-17-2014 at 04:59 AM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought the social comment at the end was saying he'll start losing more of the social conservative vote the more those topics become an issue ... I probably misunderstood.

"when you give money and cut money you are helping and hurting the same population."

This was directed at the idea of diverting money (and non violent drug offenders) from the prison industrial complex into workforce training programs.

He's not giving money or cutting money in this sense, he just has a better idea of what to do with the money in the first place. This won't be hurtful to the community and it will probably put a stop to the generational pattern for inner city men to be locked up while their kids are raised by the streets.

How many people actually read Time magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    3.3 million

that mornin' joe clip put a little liberty in my lifetime tear in my eye

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    In our dumbed down American culture, having this mini billboard in every grocery store is huge. They don't need to read the inside.