Thread: Plants may be smarter than you think

Plants may be smarter than you think

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very nice video. Thanks for posting I enjoyed it very much.

That was interesting. It reminded me of a book I own called: Carrots love tomatoes. It's about the benefits of gardening using plant coupling. I wish the documentary would have expounded more on the claim that when plants are cut, like grass, and flowers for arranging, they emit an odor as if to "scream" for help. I don't buy that claim, because it doesn't explain why they emit a smell even before they are cut or picked.

Also, when they go into the knap weed and its ability to 'wage chemical warfare' with neighboring plants, they claim it's not that common. Yet, anyone who has gardened knows full well that weeds, in general, will choke out everything in sight, if given a chance. They don't mention anything about any other weed, like the common weeds found in grass or gardens.

Other than that, I thought it was really interesting the way they emphasized the symbiotic relationship between plant and animal species.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 10-16-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    That was interesting. It reminded me of a book I own called: Carrots love tomatoes. It's about the benefits of gardening using plant coupling. I wish the documentary would have expounded more on the claim that when plants are cut, like grass, and flowers for arranging, they emit an odor as if to "scream" for help. I don't buy that claim, because it doesn't explain why they emit a smell even before they are cut or picked.

Also, when they go into the knap weed and its ability to 'wage chemical warfare' with neighboring plants, they claim it's not that common. Yet, anyone who has gardened knows full well that weeds, in general, will choke out everything in sight, if given a chance. They don't mention anything about any other weed, like the common weeds found in grass or gardens.

Other than that, I thought it was really interesting the way they emphasized the symbiotic relationship between plant and animal species.

My plants love disco music.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I murder 'em with muh lawn mower
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    not liklely tbh..but plants do definitely show an affinity to classical music... and usually abhor rock music..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    not liklely tbh..but plants do definitely show an affinity to classical music... and usually abhor rock music..
    I don't listen to rock so I cannot say, but I do listen to classical, big band and disco and my plants are really healthy.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I murder 'em with muh lawn mower
    Me too. Luckily, my mower's loud and I can't hear them screaming.

like grass, and flowers for arranging, they emit an odor as if to "scream" for help
    Is fresh cut grass smell a plant scream? Cuz I kinda like that smell.

Is fresh cut grass smell a plant scream? Cuz I kinda like that smell.
    That's the claim in the vid. I like that smell too.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Me too. Luckily, my mower's loud and I can't hear them screaming.
    My neighbors have a really fast growing aggressive annoying vine that if untamedwould kill all my pine trees. So I have to take the machete to it regularly during spring/fall. I wish I could hear that SOB scream in pain.

/pərˌsänəfəˈkāSH(ə)n/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

They get naked in the wintertime,,
    How smart is that?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They get naked in the wintertime,,
    How smart is that?
    Its so theres less shade and more sunshine. Sounds smart to me..

Otherwise this whole idea that your grass is screaming in pain when you cut it is just pure hogwash. That's the smell they give off because they are so happy to be properly groomed.

Personification on steroids in this thread.

My plants love

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

they know youre the cutter of plants. Plants hooked up to lie detectors have been able to solve at least one murder this way by flipping out when the murderer walked into the room... im sure i could get the video if anybodys interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky
    I don't buy that claim, because it doesn't explain why they emit a smell even before they are cut or picked.
    They like to attract their pollinators too ya know.

im sure i could get the video if anybodys interested.
    I would like to see it.

I'd think that after several BILLION years of growth and change they would have developed much more effective means and tactics of fighting back and resistance by now.

That's the claim in the vid. I like that smell too.
    You are juicethirsty!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    My neighbors have a really fast growing aggressive annoying vine that if untamedwould kill all my pine trees. So I have to take the machete to it regularly during spring/fall. I wish I could hear that SOB scream in pain.
    Use a duller machete . I have many , some are sharp , some have nicks in the blades, some are duller. If I am pissed off , I am getting the rusty , dull , nicked one , LOL

Jeez, then how smart can they be?