Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Police Officer: "Trust Me, Ferguson Changed Everything"

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Murder has a specific meaning. You're being hyperbolic here. Killing enemy soldiers while engaged in a declared conflict is not murder.
    FIFY
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I take umbrage at this misquotation where you claim that I advocate the indiscriminate murder of kops.

You sir are a liar and a spin artist!

Here is a relevant and accurate quotation from earlier this evening;

Stop your slander immediately!
    tod, I don't doubt that the NSA is stupid enough to not realize what you are doing (and that's a good thing) but I am not. See the exchange below.

TC said that those who advocate killing police are just as bad as the cops themselves (or something to that effect.) You replied:

I had to jump on this too...

Are you $#@!ing serious? Kops are the foot soldiers in the war(s) waged on the citizenry.

Where you raised to lick the boots of your oppressor?

Shameful!
    Now, were we to take this post alone, we could perhaps say you were talking about certain cops or certain types of cops. But I wrote this:

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    There is some space between "Licking the boots of your oppressor" and "supporting cop killing whenever and wherever it occurs."
    See how explicitly clear I made this? Your reply:

Not in my world.
    So, obviously you don't lick the boots of your oppressor. So either you do in fact support cop-killing "whenever and wherever it occurs" or you didn't actually read my post. Which one is it?

Either way, I am not "slandering" you.

Osan, in reply to my same post above, says:

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Not on Earth. But please, describe this space, where it exists and under what conditions; how we recognize it and what we do when we are in it.

Would you say there is "some space" between shooting an attacker dead and laying down to let him slit your throat and rape you as you slowly bleed out?
    Then Osan said this:

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    OK, so I believe we have cleared this issue up a bit. Nobody here, to my understanding, us suggesting we go out and slaughter all police. What seems to be the consensus us that police should be held strictly accountable for their deeds and that all people hold equal authority, if not the physical means, to act as task-master on that point.

My original point was that the grenade episode really gets under my fur, especially after seeing the photos of the child and I stand by my opinion that ever last one of those good-for-nothing cops should be experiencing equal horror and agony, at the very least. For me, such crimes are unforgivable. I expect nobody else to share my position on the matter, though all are welcome.
    Both osan and tod evans had given me reason to believe that that was what they were advocating. i don't have a problem with holding specific cops accountable for the actions they've committed, whatever that may mean for you. But I think the "holding them accountable" should be proportionate to what they did, if at all possible. If its just money and time, I would say err on the side of letting it alone rather than taking a life, if those are your options. A cop strip searches your wife in the street? Yeah, I could see violent reaction there...

When I was criticized for making a completely non controversial statement that cops killing and abusing civilians and civilians murdering cops are equally wrong, it was pretty clear to me what those who replied to my comment were saying. That was confirmed the longer the thread went on. It's a little late to back away from that now.

So, obviously you don't lick the boots of your oppressor. So either you do in fact support cop-killing "whenever and wherever it occurs" or you didn't actually read my post. Which one is it?
    Either way, I am not "slandering" you.
    What you "believe" is irrelevant, what you type isn't.

Your interpretation of what I type is just that, your interpretation....

You and I have been down this road before where you voice your interpretation and then attribute it to me as my words.

This is slander.

It's irresponsible, manipulative and childish.

The same people who we used to count on for support, the good, law abiding general public, are now reluctant to trust us.
    Geewiz, now why could this be...?

Last edited by DFF; 10-19-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Both osan and tod evans had given me reason to believe that that was what they were advocating.
    What specifically are you trying to attribute to osan and myself?

"That" is not descriptive enough for a person making accusations that could possibly hold the weight of investigation or even indictment.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    When I was criticized for making a completely non controversial statement that cops killing and abusing civilians and civilians murdering cops are equally wrong,
    I think those particular abusive cops are worse. Its one thing for civilians to do awful things. Its another thing for a cop to do them with all the power of the US Government behind them. So no, its not non-controversial.

it was pretty clear to me what those who replied to my comment were saying. That was confirmed the longer the thread went on. It's a little late to back away from that now.
    This is correct. Its insane that tod is accusing me of slandering him when what he said is so obvious in this case. I think he may be ashamed of it and doesn't want to admit he was wrong.

You and I have been down this road before where you voice your interpretation and then attribute it to me as my words.

This is slander.

tod, you really need to learn to read. All the information is quoted in post #92. Either you are a liar or you are stupid. Which is it?

tod, you really need to learn to read. All the information is quoted in post #92. Either you are a liar or you are stupid. Which is it?

Here's quotes for you,in context, practice your own advice.

"Militarization" commonly refers to the gear used...

The attitude taught to, and the behaviors fostered by the street cops superiors are what I blame out of control kops on..

The kops are at fault, no doubt, but I do not absolve their superiors or the media......
    Kops hiding........

Good!
    I had to jump on this too...

Are you $#@!ing serious? Kops are the foot soldiers in the war(s) waged on the citizenry.

Shameful!
    Not in my world.
    "Radical" is believing that the people who have openly declared war on you are your enemy huh?

Maybe you consider yourself one of the "warriors" instead of one who has had war waged against him?

I sincerely hope, for your sake, that you're not subjected to the very ugly reality of which we speak....
    Mental frailty isn't an excuse I accept from countrymen who have declared war on me and mine.

I too consider myself a Christian, one who freely outs the Judas's in our midsts, one who despises the money lenders and tries to do the right thing..

To me the right thing in the case of "Just-Us" department employees who have declared open warfare on the rest of us is to pray for their putrid souls as I fight them with every weapon I can muster.

Do not make excuses for evil.
    I strongly advocate every man stand against those who declare war on us "with every weapon he can muster"....In your case that may be your mouth and intellect, in anothers case it may be with a .308, while others may choose to run the offenders out of town...

Advocating that one "shoot cops" would run afoul of the TOS here on RPF but that doesn't mean that I can't point out the obvious or even state that I understand righteous anger.

Were I asked to stand in judgement of Mr. Frein I would entertain a defense of "He needed killin' " in relation to the dead kop...

Unlike society at large I view members of the "Just-Us" department as sub-human, on par with rabid dogs and other feral creatures that have no place in polite society....
    Quit embellishing!

"Using violence" and "murder" are two distinctly different things...

Here's your original sentiment in it's entirety;

I fully understand folks who would seek retribution for maimed children, hell I understand folks who seek retribution for detention and/or imprisonment for victimless crime.

But DO NOT paint me with the brush of promoting murder on the internet!

Understanding and forgiving those who opt to murder the offending "Just-Us" department employees would be an accurate portrayal...
    I take umbrage at this misquotation where you claim that I advocate the indiscriminate murder of kops.

You sir are a liar and a spin artist!

Here is a relevant and accurate quotation from earlier this evening;

Stop your slander immediately!
    The only comments in this thread that border on illegal are the direct and intentional mischaracterizations set forth by you and FF of very clearly articulated points.

If either of you young men are fractionally as intelligent as you claim you would reread your slanderous and misguided posts, edit them accordingly and then apologize for your temerity.
    As I've stated earlier, baby maiming kops deserve retribution, as do all of their superiors who actively or tacitly encourage such behavior...

I personally understand and could readily forgive anyone who sought retribution for such behavior...

For a couple of the denser members here; The above statements are not to be construed as encouraging criminal behavior.

This is slander.

[edit]

I forgot one more unanswered question from earlier;

What specifically are you trying to attribute to osan and myself?

"That" is not descriptive enough for a person making accusations that could possibly hold the weight of investigation or even indictment.
    Last edited by tod evans; 10-19-2014 at 11:04 AM.

You and osan have both implied that it is justified to kill any cop at any time for any reason. Both of you implied it when you both disagreed with me when I said there is some space between licking the boots of your oppressor and supporting cop-killing whenever and wherever it occurs.

tod, you're better than this. Come on. I don't care what position you take on this issue, but I do care that you are lying about that which is in plain sight for us all to see.

You and osan have both implied that it is justified to kill any cop at any time for any reason. Both of you implied it when you both disagreed with me when I said there is some space between licking the boots of your oppressor and supporting cop-killing whenever and wherever it occurs.

tod, you're better than this. Come on. I don't care what position you take on this issue, but I do care that you are lying about that which is in plain sight for us all to see.
    Look FF, I'm sick and tired of you calling me a liar, trying to attribute your interpretation of my words as what I've actually said, and then trying to give some kind of silly ultimatums with ridiculous questions phrased in such a way that absolves you of actual comprehension.

Not acknowledging loaded questions is a far cry from either lying or advocating murder.

I have asked you several relevant and pertinent questions that you have conveniently sidestepped and tried to obfuscate with your little tantrums, would you care to address them? (They're the sentence that precedes a question mark)

If you're able to draw degrees of wrong from bombing a child in his crib then that's a moral failing on your part, I'll not entertain your loaded question on the matter further.

Go back in this thread and read the posts that lead up to this quote;
    when I said there is some space between licking the boots of your oppressor and supporting cop-killing
    Here's the question I asked TC that you felt compelled to address;
    And here is the offensive post that you've been defending;

To be accurate about what happened, the cops didn't intentionally hurt the baby in the crib. They threw a grenade into the house and it happened to land in the baby's crib. Now, it was absolutely terrible what happened, and it illustrates why the war on drugs needs to come to an end. The war on drugs is literally killing people all across America and is more dangerous than the drugs themselves. But to say that the cops intentionally threw a grenade at a baby just isn't accurate. So I certainly don't see that as any worse than someone who intentionally murders a cop. The war on drugs which leads to all of these police abuses and those who promote and use violence against police officers are equally bad.
    If you actually support bombing children in their crib or in any way condemn those who seek actual justice outside of their court system then yes I view you as a bootlicker. And my statement of "Not in my world" rings true.

Look FF, I'm sick and tired of you calling me a liar, trying to attribute your interpretation of my words as what I've actually said, and then trying to give some kind of silly ultimatums with ridiculous questions phrased in such a way that absolves you of actual comprehension.

Not acknowledging loaded questions is a far cry from either lying or advocating murder.

I have asked you several relevant and pertinent questions that you have conveniently sidestepped and tried to obfuscate with your little tantrums, would you care to address them? (They're the sentence that precedes a question mark)

If you're able to draw degrees of wrong from bombing a child in his crib then that's a moral failing on your part, I'll not entertain your loaded question on the matter further.

Go back in this thread and read the posts that lead up to this quote;

Here's the question I asked TC that you felt compelled to address;

And here is the offensive post that you've been defending;

If you actually support bombing children in their crib or in any way condemn those who seek actual justice outside of their court system then yes I view you as a bootlicker. And my statement of "Not in my world" rings true.
    I see a difference between using vigilante justice on those particular cops, and on all cops. I would condemn the latter but not the former.

loveshiscountry

To be accurate about what happened, the cops didn't intentionally hurt the baby in the crib. They threw a grenade into the house and it happened to land in the baby's crib. Now, it was absolutely terrible what happened, and it illustrates why the war on drugs needs to come to an end.
    Depraved indifference

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I'm ripping this off.
    How exactly does one do that Deborah? I want a copy too....

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    No, the blame goes just to the cops. $#@! those piles of garbage. If anything, the public is too subdued and subservient toward them.
    So, your position as well as a few others in here, is that society has no need of law enforcement? The thugs will simply lay down their weapons and transform into honest, gentle, compassionate human beings who will only ask for a hug now and then to maintain their benevolence? If, and when, the police are disbanded?

I think killing an innocent child is far worse than killing a cop. Both are (generically) wrong yes. But there are rational reasons to hate cops, at least. An innocent child who's done nothing to anybody? No.

Really, its like a comparison between someone who wants to bomb ISIS with someone who wants to bomb a childcare center. Yes, both are wrong but one is more rational than the other.
    You don't believe that intent matters? I mean, there's no difference between an accident and a willful action?

I personally feel that there is a significant difference in wanton disregard and gross negligence than a reasonable mistake during a reasonable execution of an act in the context in play here. As for the killing of a child, indirectly, in an enemy camp, to save the lives of other innocent children...that's a call I am glad I never had to make and hope I never do, but I'm reluctant to pass judgement on another for making a call like that, when I don't have all of the facts.

So I guess I support bombing children in their crib because I don't think it's justified to go murder cops. Never mind the fact that I've stated at the very beginning of this thread that the incident with the cops throwing the grenade in the baby's crib just illustrates how out of control the cops are. But it just isn't hardly possible to be extreme enough for some people here. I think if my family and friends knew I was posting here and even having these kinds of conversations, they would think that I was completely nuts just for engaging in such a ridiculous conversation.

When I was criticized for making a completely non controversial statement that cops killing and abusing civilians and civilians murdering cops are equally wrong, it was pretty clear to me what those who replied to my comment were saying. That was confirmed the longer the thread went on. It's a little late to back away from that now.
    I believe that acting under "color of authority" in the commission of a crime is far more grievous than the same crime being perpetrated by a no-authoritarian. And the penalty should be at least twice as severe.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I believe that acting under "color of authority" in the commission of a crime is far more grievous than the same crime being perpetrated by a no-authoritarian. And the penalty should be at least twice as severe.
    Don't you agree?

You don't believe that intent matters? I mean, there's no difference between an accident and a willful action?
    I think there is. I've been arguing such throughout this thread.
    So I guess I support bombing children in their crib because I don't think it's justified to go murder cops. Never mind the fact that I've stated at the very beginning of this thread that the incident with the cops throwing the grenade in the baby's crib just illustrates how out of control the cops are. But it just isn't hardly possible to be extreme enough for some people here. I think if my family and friends knew I was posting here and even having these kinds of conversations, they would think that I was completely nuts just for engaging in such a ridiculous conversation.
    My family and friends think I'm nuts to. I don't care. I just care about truth

On a more serious note, though, would you at least make a distinction between saying that vigilante justice should be used against THE PARTICULAR COPS who engage in atrocities like grenading children in their beds, and saying that vigilante justice should be used against "cops" indiscriminately?

If somebody just killed a random cop who was patrolling in his squad car and as far as we knew hadn't really done anything to anyone other than hand out traffic tickets perhaps, I would vote to convict the killer (assuming no reasonable doubt and all that.) If somebody killed the specific cop who grenaded those children, I would vote to acquit. No, I'm not necessarily saying it would be "right", and I honestly have a hard time knowing with certainty how to assess that type of a thing from a Christian paradigm (I have a number of conflicting values there.) But I certainly wouldn't convict them of murder in that case. And really, that doesn't seem that "extreme" to me. Of course, my perspective of what qualifies as such is somewhat biased

TC, would you assert that it is NEVER justified to use violence against a cop? Or is it possible for a cop to do something so grievous that a violent response could be justified?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On a more serious note, though, would you at least make a distinction between saying that vigilante justice should be used against THE PARTICULAR COPS who engage in atrocities like grenading children in their beds, and saying that vigilante justice should be used against "cops" indiscriminately?
    I see a difference, but I don't promote or condone either. It's possible that if a police officer harmed me by intentionally killing or seriously harming someone I was close to, I might get so mad that I would possibly commit an act of violence against the police officer. But I still wouldn't claim that it was morally right. I wouldn't condone it and promote it as something other people should do.

Yeah, you would think. Some of the comments in this thread are probably bordering on illegal activity, at least if it went a little further and a specific threat against a specific police officer was made. The thread should probably get deleted before the Department of Homeland Security or some other government agency gets a hold of it.

Not that it really matters, but any such comments on this forum would already be noted by at least four active accounts. I don't know if one person represents all four accounts, but all of these accounts login daily to RPF. My observation is that the animosity is so great that the person would be itching to report someone.

It's a grand misnomer that any government agency has the wherewithal to efficiently monitor such comments. Contrary to popular perception, their technology/work is too inept, diffuse, unresourceful, and frankly, just lazy. Informants are paid in larger operations. Smaller matters, such as these, generally rely on tips from tattlers.

If it matters to you.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 10-19-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

TC, would you assert that it is NEVER justified to use violence against a cop? Or is it possible for a cop to do something so grievous that a violent response could be justified?
    I mean, if a cop actually came into your house and started shooting at you, then it would be an act of self defense to shoot back and would be morally right. But that's extremely unlikely to happen. Even the worse police abuses generally don't involve cops just shooting indiscriminately at someone in their house for no reason.

I think there is. I've been arguing such throughout this thread.

My family and friends think I'm nuts to. I don't care. I just care about truth

If somebody just killed a random cop who was patrolling in his squad car and as far as we knew hadn't really done anything to anyone other than hand out traffic tickets perhaps, I would vote to convict the killer (assuming no reasonable doubt and all that.) If somebody killed the specific cop who grenaded those children, I would vote to acquit. No, I'm not necessarily saying it would be "right", and I honestly have a hard time knowing with certainty how to assess that type of a thing from a Christian paradigm (I have a number of conflicting values there.) But I certainly wouldn't convict them of murder in that case. And really, that doesn't seem that "extreme" to me. Of course, my perspective of what qualifies as such is somewhat biased
    Vigilante justice is not justice and can not be condoned in a free society.
    I disagree with the example of the child that was injured by the grenade, and believe I know what you are saying, and do agree with much of it in principle.

The ironic thing about all of this is that I would probably still be considered "anti cop" by most people. I posted all kinds of articles during the Ferguson riots criticizing the police response and advocating demilitarizing the police. But if you don't take it to the most extreme level possible, then I guess you're "pro cop" here.
    Last edited by Brett85; 10-19-2014 at 07:32 PM.

So, your position as well as a few others in here, is that society has no need of law enforcement? The thugs will simply lay down their weapons and transform into honest, gentle, compassionate human beings who will only ask for a hug now and then to maintain their benevolence? If, and when, the police are disbanded?
    I, for one, certainly don't think that disbanding the police would turn them into "honest, gentle, compassionate human beings who will only as for a hug now and then to maintain their benevolence."

Oh, wait ... I just realized that you were probably referring to "the thugs" and "the police" as if they were two separate groups ...

Sorry, my mistake ... nevermind ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

If a child is injured as a result of being indirectly assaulted by a cop who is legally executing his duty after having exercised prudent judgement and taken appropriate measures to ensure bystander safety. Then any injury to that child should be considered accidental or the fault of the child's custodian.
    To launch a physical assault on that cop, under such circumstances is a grievous and immoral criminal act and shouldn't be permitted in a free, civilized society.

Vigilante justice is not justice and can not be condoned in a free society.
    Ken Rex McElroy just gave you +rep........from the grave.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast