Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Officer: "Trust Me, Ferguson Changed Everything"

Exclamation Police Officer: "Trust Me, Ferguson Changed Everything"

Police Officer: Trust Me, Ferguson Changed Everything

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/12/po...ed-everything/

11:14 AM 10/12/2014

Deputy Matt

I’m a cop.

A few weeks ago, two of my beat partners and I were called to an apartment in a fairly nice complex to help a mother and father with their 16-year-old son.

The son had no criminal history, and by all accounts was a decent kid. But he was having some problems at home — breaking things and making threats with a knife — and the parents needed our help.

When we finally located the son, who is of mixed ethnicity (dad is white, mom is Hispanic), he instantly began cussing and yelling at us. He took a fighting stance and said he was not going to do anything we told him.

Luckily, we were able to calm him and get him into handcuffs without any blows being thrown.

We asked why he was so hostile towards us. His response? Ferguson. The cops could not be trusted because of what happened in Ferguson, Missouri. He told us that he wanted to kill all white cops because of what “they” had done to Michael Brown.

His parents were mortified by his statements and they apologized profusely, telling us that is not how they raised their son.

I live and work more than 1900 miles west of Ferguson, but the effects of that case are still being felt here. Not a week goes by without someone I encounter mentioning it.

“Ferguson” has become the latest defense for committing crime, often invoked by people we arrest and their loved ones. Sadly, this feeling has not only infected the normal criminal element that I expect that behavior from, but even seems to be effecting middle class families as well.

While the effects can be felt far away, the localized effects are far more serious.

On Wednesday, a white officer in St. Louis, Missouri returned fire — in other words, he was shot at first — killing a black male suspect.

Normally, this event would barely garner back page news, because sadly, it is no longer newsworthy when a cop gets shot at. But, in the shadow of Ferguson, such an event is national news, and serves as fuel for more demonstrations, protests and vandalism.

According to accounts from Wednesday night’s “demonstrations,” the crowd was calling for Darren Wilson to be killed.

The same people who we used to count on for support, the good, law abiding general public, are now reluctant to trust us.

We, the local cops they have seen and contacted in the past, have not changed. We have done nothing different.

What has changed is the public’s perception of us, created by the reckless reporting by nearly every news outlet very early after the shooting of Michael Brown. The rush to be first with the story over the desire to be correct is having dire consequences nationwide, and quite honestly, has made my job more difficult and more dangerous.

Since the shooting of Mike Brown, and the month-plus long circus that followed, the number of law enforcement officers being shot in the line of duty has skyrocketed, but the average citizen has no idea this is happening.

(Statistically speaking, this is not true. - AF)

The national media jumps all over a story where an 18-year-old criminal punk, who shot at a cop, is shot and killed. That criminal is made out to be some sort of victim by many outlets. That story is front page news all over the country.

Did you know that in just three days this week (October 7-9), six cops were shot in the line of duty, one of whom was killed?

October 7: Chicago, IL – One officer, a captain, is shot twice — once in the face, once in the chest. Other officers at the scene take fire and are pinned down by the suspect.

October 8: North Las Vegas, NV – An officer is shot during a gunfight with a suspect.

October 8: Phoenix, AZ – An officer is shot in the face while on a traffic stop. The suspects flee and the officer calls for help. Two other officers arrive and start rendering aid, only to come under fire from the suspects who circle back and attack the responding officers.

October 8: Oklahoma City, OK – Two officers are shot by a suspect during the same event.

October 9: Midland County, TX – Sgt. Mike Naylor is shot and killed while responding to a report of a sexual assault.

Where are those stories in the national news? What does it say about the media who make a victim out of a criminal, and ignore the good guys being injured and killed trying to keep society safe?

People ask me if things are different for cops since Ferguson.

Yes, yes they are.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trust me, it's not just about Ferguson. It's "a long train of abuses and usurpations."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frog-in-a-pot.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	3247
    I'm ripping this off.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

well?
    did you expect a traitor to tell the TRUTH?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

We, the local cops they have seen and contacted in the past, have not changed. We have done nothing different.

What has changed is the public’s perception of us, created by the reckless reporting by nearly every news outlet very early after the shooting of Michael Brown.
    Yeah, that must be it. Things like cops grenading babies (and then disavowing even the slightest shred of responsibility for doing so) - or choking a man to death because he did your job for you (and helped people evade cigarette taxes to boot) - have got nothing to do with it.

It's all the fault of the "media" ... and of the people you allegedly "serve and protect."

The rush to be first with the story over the desire to be correct is having dire consequences nationwide, and quite honestly, has made my job more difficult and more dangerous.
    $#@! off, $#@!. Go tell your safety sob-story bull$#@! to Kelly Thomas and Jose Guerena ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

"sure" it's "Ferguson"

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Events like Ferguson don't ignite in a vacuum. Maybe it's time to do 'something different'.

What has changed is the public’s perception of us, created by...
    Shut up and look in the mirror, pal. By the time a few people act up because they're sick of your $#@!, almost everyone affected is sick of your $#@! and looking for an excuse.

The national media jumps all over a story where an 18-year-old criminal punk, who shot at a cop...
    Keep repeating that lie, bud. Maybe someone will be mentally deficient enough to believe your alternate reality.

Nobody is alleging that Brown shot anything at the cop but dirty looks and rude comments. Are we scared of those things now?

So, the title says, Police Officer: "Trust Me...", and said officer proceeds to tell one or more major and obvious lies. I think there's a lesson for us in that somewhere.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-16-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Events like Ferguson don't ignite in a vacuum. Maybe it's time to do 'something different'.

Shut up and look in the mirror, pal. By the time a few people act up because they're sick of your $#@!, almost everyone affected is sick of your $#@! and looking for an excuse.
    Indeed...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

It seems like there's enough blame to go around on both sides, with people killing cops just because they hate cops, and cops going into people's homes and throwing a grenade and blowing a baby's face off. Both cops and the thuggish gangster types are out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    It seems like there's enough blame to go around on both sides, with people killing cops just because they hate cops, and cops going into people's homes and throwing a grenade and blowing a baby's face off. Both cops and the thuggish gangster types are out of control.
    No, the blame goes just to the cops. $#@! those piles of garbage. If anything, the public is too subdued and subservient toward them.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    No, the blame goes just to the cops. $#@! those piles of garbage. If anything, the public is too subdued and subservient toward them.
    Yeah, no blame to the people who want to murder cops, and to the people who want to harm others. Only blame the cops. Got it.

I think killing an innocent child is far worse than killing a cop. Both are (generically) wrong yes. But there are rational reasons to hate cops, at least. An innocent child who's done nothing to anybody? No.

Really, its like a comparison between someone who wants to bomb ISIS with someone who wants to bomb a childcare center. Yes, both are wrong but one is more rational than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I think killing an innocent child is far worse than killing a cop. Both are (generically) wrong yes. But there are rational reasons to hate cops, at least. An innocent child who's done nothing to anybody? No.

Really, its like a comparison between someone who wants to bomb ISIS with someone who wants to bomb a childcare center. Yes, both are wrong but one is more rational than the other.
    To be accurate about what happened, the cops didn't intentionally hurt the baby in the crib. They threw a grenade into the house and it happened to land in the baby's crib. Now, it was absolutely terrible what happened, and it illustrates why the war on drugs needs to come to an end. The war on drugs is literally killing people all across America and is more dangerous than the drugs themselves. But to say that the cops intentionally threw a grenade at a baby just isn't accurate. So I certainly don't see that as any worse than someone who intentionally murders a cop. The war on drugs which leads to all of these police abuses and those who promote and use violence against police officers are equally bad.

Trust me Deputy Matt, you obviously don't understand human nature.

A few weeks ago, two of my beat partners and I were called to an apartment in a fairly nice complex to help a mother and father with their 16-year-old son.

The son had no criminal history, and by all accounts was a decent kid. But he was having some problems at home — breaking things and making threats with a knife — and the parents needed our help.

Like I said, you don't understand human nature -or the best way to deal with it.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

People ask me if things are different for cops since Ferguson.

Yes, yes they are.
    Good! I hope you're shakin' in your jackboots. 'Bout time you learn a little respect.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be accurate about what happened, the cops didn't intentionally hurt the baby in the crib. They threw a grenade into the house and it happened to land in the baby's crib. Now, it was absolutely terrible what happened, and it illustrates why the war on drugs needs to come to an end. The war on drugs is literally killing people all across America and is more dangerous than the drugs themselves. But to say that the cops intentionally threw a grenade at a baby just isn't accurate. So I certainly don't see that as any worse than someone who intentionally murders a cop. The war on drugs which leads to all of these police abuses and those who promote and use violence against police officers are equally bad.

Know your target and what's behind it/around it.
    If you don't understand this basic responsible use of deadly/potentially deadly force you'll never understand what you're trying to debate or what actions you are trying to defend.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

I'd have no problem with seeing the particular cops who grenaded that child die. I get what you are saying, but anyone who would throw grenades into a home in order to stop someone from smoking a plant is a scumbag. Frankly, if my Christianity didn't temper my libertarianism I'd probably want them all dead too. I hate to say it, but I do understand the mentality. They are all criminals. Some of them aren't capital criminals, but they are all criminals. When you come to terms with that... well... it definitely changes your views on everything else.

If a cop is just minding his own business, is not known to have engaged in some heinous crime in the past, and someone kills him, I would agree that that is murder. But I do think its somewhat mitigated by the fact that the person killed was working for a criminal organization. Not absolutely no guilt, mind you. But I certainly feel worse for a civilian who hasn't ever harmed anyone getting killed. Really, the best comparison to the "good cop" is a man who is a criminal but successfully presents an insanity charge... the fact that he genuinely did not realize that he was a criminal is a mitigating factor, but he's still a criminal. The same goes for well-meaning people in the military who fight foreign wars...

Oh bull$#@!. 1965 they would have knocked on the door and said:

"Come out with your hands up we have a warrant for your arrest."

The drug problem was no better or worse back then and possession was equally as "illegal".

Issuing an arrest warrant with a grenade is cruel and unusual. This is wanton abuse and torture of SUSPECTS.

Shake and bake... They're just druggies: No Humans Involved.
    Last edited by presence; 10-16-2014 at 08:53 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post

Know your target and what's behind it/around it.
    If you don't understand this basic responsible use of deadly/potentially deadly force you'll never understand what you're trying to debate or what actions you are trying to defend.
    Yeah, I agree. It's just ridiculous for the police to launch a grenade into a house because someone might be smoking a plant. But I was just making the point that the police officers didn't intentionally hurt that baby, but were extremely reckless by throwing the grenade into the house simply because they thought there might be drugs there. I said that both the police and those who hate the police are going too far and should be to blame; police officers who act like soldiers are becoming far too common and are completely out of control. But violent thugs who chant "the only good cop is a dead cop" and actually go around murdering police officers aren't any better and are to blame as well.
    Last edited by Brett85; 10-16-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Oh bull$#@!. 1965 they would have knocked on the door and said:

"Come out with your hands up we have a warrant for your arrest."

The drug problem was no better or worse back then and possession was equally as "illegal".

Issuing an arrest warrant with a grenade is cruel and unusual. This is wanton abuse and torture of SUSPECTS.

Shake and bake... They're just druggies: No Humans Involved.
    The militarization of the police is another factor in why those kind of events keep happening, which has primarily occurred because of the federal program in which excess military equipment is donated to police departments across the country.

Yeah, no blame to the people who want to murder cops, and to the people who want to harm others. Only blame the cops. Got it.
    The people who want to harm others are the cops. Everyone else are the victims. People shouldn't be docile or taking these abuses lying down. If anything, there isn't enough resistance against these uniformed thugs. And your false equivalency isn't helping to combat this culture of bootlicking.

The people who want to harm others are the cops. Everyone else are the victims. People shouldn't be docile or taking these abuses lying down. If anything, there isn't enough resistance against these uniformed thugs. And your false equivalency isn't helping to combat this culture of bootlicking.
    Cops are the only people who harm others? There aren't private citizens who commit murder, rape, theft, etc?

Cops are the only people who harm others? There aren't private citizens who commit murder, rape, theft, etc?
    Private citizens can't get away with murder, theft, rape, etc. without any repercussions because they wear a costume and a badge.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I agree. It's just ridiculous for the police to launch a grenade into a house because someone might be smoking a plant. But I was just making the point that the police officers didn't intentionally hurt that baby, but were extremely reckless by throwing the grenade into the house simply because they thought there might be drugs there.
    No, they were not reckless...that would be grenading a home where you had no knowledge that there may be innocent people inside.

These cops had every reason to believe that there were infant children in the home, and they went ahead with the raid anyway.

Anybody else would be charged with aggravated manslaughter at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    These cops had every reason to believe that there were infant children in the home, and they went ahead with the raid anyway.

Anybody else would be charged with aggravated manslaughter at the least.
    I agree they should be charged with something like that and have to face prison time, but I don't think it would actually be premeditated first degree murder. (If the baby had died) In the situation that occurred they should've been fired and also charged with aggravated assault.

Oh and "Line of Duty" deaths?

Exactly the same as they were at this time last year, which was lowest ever recorded.

82 total.

http://www.odmp.org/

36 by gunfire which is up 44% from last year, but still at decades low number.

Private citizens can't get away with murder, theft, rape, etc. without any repercussions because they wear a costume and a badge.
    Well, actually they do, because when somebody kills one of us Mundanes, we don't get the privilege of a thousand man battalion hut hutting around for weeks on end looking for our killer.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It's not just one, and yes, they INTENTIONALLY went into that house using WEAPONS. They were not forced to go into that house, they went on their own.
    And yes, they were WILLFULLY ignorant of the toys in the yard and the van in the driveway. THEY INTENTIONALLY went to that house, looking for action. And got it. Not only that, but then their superior says they were "just following SoP", and he would do it again? (Maybe that was a different one?)

But, yes, the cops WILLFULLY threw that grenade into a house, and WILLFULLY ignored the child play toys outside, the van with a car seat, and the FACT THE OTHER CAR WASN'T AT THE HOUSE.
    The cop in South Carolina WILLFULLY fired and hit the guy he pulled over for supposedly not wearing a seatbelt, and CONTINUED TO FIRE AFTER THE GUY'S HANDS WERE UP!

So yes, it is accurate to say the cops threw the grenade at the baby, because they willfully ignored the obvious in their pursuit of action.

The same people who we used to count on for support, the good, law abiding general public, are now reluctant to trust us.

And on and on and on and on...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast