Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does all sickness come from Satan?

Cool Does all sickness come from Satan?

I have my own thoughts but would like to hear yours

(p.s.- yes, this is a Kevin thread) lol
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not Satan. Poor diet (especially due to specifically too much Omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acid) and lack of exercise are the main causes of illness.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-16-2014 at 01:01 AM.

No, it comes from Canada. We should have annexed that place and cleaned house a long time ago.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

lol.....
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    No, it comes from Canada. We should have annexed that place and cleaned house a long time ago.
    Huh. I heard it was from Mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

There is something to be said about the Biblical health laws.

Food and Unclean Creatures

In Leviticus chapter 11 God tells us which animals we are allowed to eat and which animals are not acceptable as food for humans. Many Christians believe that in the New Covenant God removed this prohibition and all animals are now acceptable as food. Is there clear Biblical support for this idea, or is it yet another form of lawlessness that Satan uses to deceive people into elevating their own laws above those of God? Let us examine God's Word to understand the truth of this question.

God's Declaration of Clean and Unclean Animals

The first comprehensive listing of clean and unclean animals we have is recorded in Leviticus 11. However, the list was not created as a new law just for the Hebrews. The Bible clearly reveals that Leviticus 11 only confirms a previously established situation. More than one thousand years prior to the Exodus God told Noah to take seven pairs of clean animals and two pairs of unclean animals in the Ark. (Genesis 7:2, also note Genesis 8:20) Even further back, probably only a few decades after Creation, Abel sacrificed a clean animal, one of his first-born sheep, to God. (Genesis 4:4) The Levitical list is summarised in Deuteronomy 14:

"These are the animals which you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roe deer, the wild goat, the mountain goat, the antelope, and the mountain sheep. And you may eat every animal with cloven hooves, having the hoof split into two parts, and that chews the cud, among the animals.

"Nevertheless, of those that chew the cud or have cloven hooves, you shall not eat, such as these: the camel, the hare, and the rock hyrax; for they chew the cud but do not have cloven hooves; they are unclean for you. Also the swine is unclean for you, because it has cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud; you shall not eat their flesh or touch their dead carcasses.

"These you may eat of all that are in the waters: you may eat all that have fins and scales. And whatever does not have fins and scales you shall not eat; it is unclean for you.

"All clean birds you may eat. But these you shall not eat: the eagle, the vulture, the buzzard, the red kite, the falcon, and the kite after their kinds; every raven after its kind; the ostrich, the short-eared owl, the seagull, and the hawk after their kinds; the little owl, the screech owl, the white owl, the jackdaw, the carrion vulture, the fisher owl, the stork, the heron after its kind, and the hoopoe and the bat.

"Also every swarming thing that flies is unclean for you; they shall not be eaten.

"You may eat all clean birds.

"You shall not eat anything that dies of itself; you may give it to the alien who is within your gates, that he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner; for you are a holy people to Jehovah your God. You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk.(1)
    Deuteronomy 14:4 to 21(2)

An examination of the clean animals shows that they are generally herbivores. In contrast, many of the unclean animals are carnivores or scavengers. Many shellfish are filter feeders which remove contaminants from the water. Viewed simply from a health perspective, God's choice of clean animals makes good sense. When we also remember that He is the designer and Creator of humans and all the animals, it is obvious that God knows which meats are suitable as food for us.

Many of the unclean animals traditionally have not been regarded as food in Western nations. As these nations were partly built on a heritage of Biblical principles this should not be a surprise. Unclean meats which have been commonly consumed are rabbits, pigs, shark and shellfish. Today it is becoming fashionable to eat many other unclean meats such as crocodile, snake, ostrich and octopus as well.

Fat and Blood Forbidden

God also tells us that some parts of the clean animals are not to be eaten:

'This shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood.' "
    Leviticus 3:17

Today we know that saturated animal fats are harmful to our health and eating them can lead to heart problems, obesity, etc. However, the prohibition on consuming blood is largely spiritual:

"for the soul(3) of all flesh is its blood; It is one with its soul. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, 'You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the soul of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.'
    Leviticus 17:10 to 14

Therefore, because God made us, He knows how our souls are constructed and where they reside.
    http://www.chcpublications.net/unclean.htm
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Today we know that saturated animal fats are harmful to our health and eating them can lead to heart problems, obesity, etc.
    This is false. Your body loves to use animal fats as fuel. That said, most of the biblical dietary laws are good.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This is false. Your body loves to use animal fats as fuel.
    As long as you don't get too much Omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acid. Which is challenging if you're eating factory farmed animals, factory farmed fowl, or factory farmed fish.

This is false. Your body loves to use animal fats as fuel. That said, most of the biblical dietary laws are good.
    Does that apply for pork fat as well?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Does that apply for pork fat as well?
    Yup. I can see why ancient peoples would have prohibited pork (and the other scavenger animals like catfish), though. It transmitted food-bourne illness much more readily than other meats because modern methods of raising and preparing meats hadn't been invented.

Yup. I can see why ancient peoples would have prohibited pork (and the other scavenger animals like catfish), though. It transmitted food-bourne illness much more readily than other meats because modern methods of raising and preparing meats hadn't been invented.
    Pigs have no sweat glands so everything they eat goes right into their flesh. Lots of poison in that meat. God knew what he was talking about when he warned not to eat swine--that includes their fat.

Pork meat is loaded with parasites too. Parasites that will not go away by cooking it.

Pigs have no sweat glands so everything they eat goes right into their flesh. Lots of poison in that meat. God knew what he was talking about when he warned not to eat swine--that includes their fat.

Pork meat is loaded with parasites too. Parasites that will not go away by cooking it.
    False. Cooking to 140 degrees F kills those parasites.

http://www.askthemeatman.com/pdf%20f...ellosis_FS.pdf
    Courtesy of the CDC:Is trichinellosis common in the United States?
    Infection was once very common and usually caused by ingestion of undercooked pork.
    However, infection is now relatively rare. During 1997
    -
    2001, an average of 12 cases per
    year were reported. The number of cases has decreased because of legislation prohibiting
    the feeding of raw
    -
    meat garbage to hogs, commercial and home freezing of pork, and the
    public awareness of the danger of eating raw or undercooked pork products. Cases are
    less commonly associated with pork products and more often associated with eating raw
    or undercooked wild game meats.

How can I prevent trichinellosis?

Cook meat products until the juices run clear or to an internal temperature of
    170°F.

Freeze pork less than 6 inches thick for 20 days at 5
    °
    F to kill any worms.

Cook wild game meat thoroughly. Freezing wild game meats, unlike freezing pork
    products, even for long periods of time, may not effectively kill all worms.

Cook all meat fed to pigs or other wild animals.

Do not allow hogs to eat uncooked carcasses of other animals, including rats, which
    may be infected with trichinellosis.

Clean meat grinders thoroughly if you prepare your own ground meats.

Curing (salting), drying, smoking, or microwaving meat does not consistently kill
    infective worms.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 10-19-2014 at 10:45 PM.

False. Cooking to 140 degrees F kills those parasites.

http://www.askthemeatman.com/pdf%20f...ellosis_FS.pdf
    Courtesy of the CDC:Is trichinellosis common in the United States?
    Infection was once very common and usually caused by ingestion of undercooked pork.
    However, infection is now relatively rare. During 1997
    -
    2001, an average of 12 cases per
    year were reported. The number of cases has decreased because of legislation prohibiting
    the feeding of raw
    -
    meat garbage to hogs, commercial and home freezing of pork, and the
    public awareness of the danger of eating raw or undercooked pork products. Cases are
    less commonly associated with pork products and more often associated with eating raw
    or undercooked wild game meats.

How can I prevent trichinellosis?

Cook meat products until the juices run clear or to an internal temperature of
    170°F.

Freeze pork less than 6 inches thick for 20 days at 5
    °
    F to kill any worms.

Cook wild game meat thoroughly. Freezing wild game meats, unlike freezing pork
    products, even for long periods of time, may not effectively kill all worms.

Cook all meat fed to pigs or other wild animals.

Do not allow hogs to eat uncooked carcasses of other animals, including rats, which
    may be infected with trichinellosis.

Clean meat grinders thoroughly if you prepare your own ground meats.

Curing (salting), drying, smoking, or microwaving meat does not consistently kill
    infective worms.
    We have Ebola in this country courtesy of the CDC too. Forgive me if I find anything the CDC says as iffy.

God created the swine for a reason, they are the garbage recyclers. If you do some more research you'll see you cannot cook all the parasites out of the pig meat.

Eating pork is not a sin, like it was in the old testament. However, the warning were clear--what you do with it is up to you.

I doubt it. But gluttony surely isn't good for the cardio-vascular system, lust spreads STDs, greed causes stress and stress causes lots of things, and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

No.

Not all sin comes from Satan either.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be fully accounted for by sheer human stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    No.

Not all sin comes from Satan either.
    Huh? What? You care to elaborate?

Huh? What? You care to elaborate?
    I'm not sure how to elaborate. If you believe that all sin comes from Satan, to you have a reason to believe that?

Surely the Bible talks about sins that come from things other than Satan, right?

Take, for example, James 1:13-15:
    13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
    Or 1 John 2:16:
    16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
    Or Romans 7:5:
    For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death.

I read articles like these below and think from the perspective of eternity. My faith is based on KNOWING God. His presence in my life cannot be denied (for me).

For one - science calls these epigenetics - I see them as demons:
    http://discovermagazine.com/2013/may...-on-your-genes
    Geneticists were especially surprised to find that epigenetic change could be passed down from parent to child, one generation after the next. A study from Randy Jirtle of Duke University showed that when female mice are fed a diet rich in methyl groups, the fur pigment of subsequent offspring is permanently altered. Without any change to DNA at all, methyl groups could be added or subtracted, and the changes were inherited much like a mutation in a gene.
    http://www.bibleprobe.com/curses.htm

Same with stuff like viruses:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...-crazy/308873/
    Cat's make you crazy!
    Flegr’s thinking is jarringly unconventional. Starting in the early 1990s, he began to suspect that a single-celled parasite in the protozoan family was subtly manipulating his personality, causing him to behave in strange, often self-destructive ways. And if it was messing with his mind, he reasoned, it was probably doing the same to others.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I read articles like these below and think from the perspective of eternity. My faith is based on KNOWING God. His presence in my life cannot be denied (for me).

For one - science calls these epigenetics - I see them as demons:
    http://discovermagazine.com/2013/may...-on-your-genes

http://www.bibleprobe.com/curses.htm

Same with stuff like viruses:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...-crazy/308873/
    Cat's make you crazy!
    Are you saying that demons are affecting the color of that mouse hair in those experiments?

Are you saying that demons are affecting the color of that mouse hair in those experiments?
    Are you saying you didn't read the entire article before commenting?

According to the new insights of behavioral epigenetics, traumatic experiences in our past, or in our recent ancestors’ past, leave molecular scars adhering to our DNA. Jews whose great-grandparents were chased from their Russian shtetls; Chinese whose grandparents lived through the ravages of the Cultural Revolution; young immigrants from Africa whose parents survived massacres; adults of every ethnicity who grew up with alcoholic or abusive parents — all carry with them more than just memories.

Like silt deposited on the cogs of a finely tuned machine after the seawater of a tsunami recedes, our experiences, and those of our forebears, are never gone, even if they have been forgotten. They become a part of us, a molecular residue holding fast to our genetic scaffolding. The DNA remains the same, but psychological and behavioral tendencies are inherited. You might have inherited not just your grandmother’s knobby knees, but also her predisposition toward depression caused by the neglect she suffered as a newborn.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Are you saying you didn't read the entire article before commenting?
    That's correct. I didn't read the whole article. But I still can't tell what you're saying.

That's correct. I didn't read the whole article. But I still can't tell what you're saying.
    Read the article and then you won't need to wonder what I'm saying!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Read the article and then you won't need to wonder what I'm saying!
    No thanks.

I'm not sure how to elaborate. If you believe that all sin comes from Satan, to you have a reason to believe that?

Surely the Bible talks about sins that come from things other than Satan, right?

Take, for example, James 1:13-15:

Or 1 John 2:16:

Or Romans 7:5:
    1 John 3:8
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Ephesians 6:13
    Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

1 John 3:8
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Ephesians 6:13
    Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    I believe the Devil exists and causes sin. But what's the basis for saying that every single sin comes from him?

I believe the Devil exists and causes sin. But what's the basis for saying that every single sin comes from him?
    Sin started at the Garden of Eden because of Satan.

Sin entered into the world through Adam. It originated with Satan.

Had it never entered the world.. there would be no sin. (no death,, no disease) All sin,, and results from it,, come from satan.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Sin started at the Garden of Eden because of Satan.
    Actually, sin started before that. Sin started in heaven when satan rebelled.
    It was imported.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast