Page 49 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Rain in the forecast , probably at record precipitation for 13 consecutive months . I estimate it would take three dry weeks for everything to dry out . Crazy guy who leaves closest to the east of me probably having a lot of wood rot by now. Here in the rainforest untreated wood rots fast .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since it was raining I took the Mrs to The Brick in Jonesville , In (Population 177 , home of the 1924 Indy 500 winner ) for burgers with pickles , fried onions and beers, it is just west of the Tracks next to the old abandoned grocery store and across the street from the old abandoned bank .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-04-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    Do something Danke

I changed the oil in the japanese Zero today . Put on muh coveralls , pretty damp and cool out today , raining and rain in the forecast to Friday .
    Do something Danke

Looks like Fri night I will have to get the fire going , 60 tomorrow , teens on Fri & Sat night and snow on Sun.
    Do something Danke

Light rain but fairly warm. The extended forecast looks about the same. We've had a lot of rain this year. Maybe the "experts" are wrong about Global Warming, Climate Change, and Global Cooling. Maybe it should be called Global Precipitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Today we have the annual Feb pot luck . Few inches of rain , some flooding and a deep freeze tonight with a temp in the mid teens . Going to chuck some wood Sat after I go to the dump .
    Do something Danke

High of 79 and sunny. F-ing beautiful day.

I went for a run, Mr A played golf, and Brian Setzer is working on his tan.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

When the power went out today it was still warm but I drug out the generator and fired it up and plugged my sump pump in and started a fire. By the time I went back in and got a lamp and a laptop plugged in the power came back on .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have patches of ice in the yard & drive maybe two inches thick here & there .
    Do something Danke

Probably split some wood tomorrow . Could be the last time for awhile . Who knows ?
    Do something Danke

Snowing out now . Big snow like last April . Looking at the extended forecast it shows the lowest temp the next 15 days as one night at 23 degrees. Today might be the last wood I split then . Danke might come by and help .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-11-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Do something Danke

Raining now , snow is melting . More rain tomorrow they say . I just finally got all of the high water debris cleaned out of the back end of the drive . It was frozen in place until now.
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-11-2019 at 05:31 PM.
    Do something Danke

Rain is our version of snow- currently 50% above normal for this time of year (doesn't officially get below freezing here along the coast but has dipped into the 40's). (normally just below six inches- already above nine). More forecast. We need the moisture. Normal temp is high in the mid 60's but has been sixty or lower (usually only about ten degrees between high and low). Since I don't have built in heat, that can feel cold. (Yeah- not cold compared to a lot of the country, I know! My brother's place was minus seven degrees last week).

Gray and misty but not very cold.

Mr A was complaining that he's tired and decided he's going to leave work early today. When he got to work, he called and found out an old friend of his is in town and Mr A has decided he's not too tired to go out with him tonight. Good for him. That man needs to relax. He's wound tight as Dick's hatband. I'm also making reservations for us to take off to the beach in a few months. I need to see the sun.

Chilly this morning , probably just low 20's but a stiff breeze .
    Do something Danke

Beautiful sunny day but still a little chilly - I think the high was around 60.

Tomorrow, Mr A is talking about playing golf. I hope like hell he does. I love that man but it's like having a toddler when he's around and I have work to do. He's very needy. I told him he was worse than a toddler once and he lifted his legs up and yelled, Changing Time, lol. See why I can't stay annoyed with him?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Foot of snow last night.

20F right now, not too cold.

Was at the ice races this last weekend.

Pretty bad wreck...that 56 car T-boned the 1 car while blind in the flying ice and snow.

Knocked the driver out cold, while at the same time knocked the transmission into reverse and at full throttle, so it was stuck in full throttle reverse loop.

I was two second away from driving my my old truck out and "corralling" him before one of the infield hands got run over trying to jump in and shut him down.

The three track plows did just that, corralled him up and shut it down.

Driver was OK, but went to the hospital after getting cut out, to get checked out...SOP after getting your clock cleaned like that.

Beautiful sunny day. High of 68.

Mr A got up early and gave me my VD gift. Honey Buns for his honey bun. He ate them for me and then decided to forgo golf and spend the day with me. I was in the middle of dusting the living room and he decided to spend the day with me by laying on the sofa and going back to sleep. He likes to nap where I'm working.

I bought him a box of Dove truffles (his favorite). He ate those, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Beautiful sunny day. High of 68.

Mr A got up early and gave me my VD gift. Honey Buns for his honey bun. He ate them for me and then decided to forgo golf and spend the day with me. I was in the middle of dusting the living room and he decided to spend the day with me by laying on the sofa and going back to sleep. He likes to nap where I'm working.

I bought him a box of Dove truffles (his favorite). He ate those, too.
    I got Mrs O flowers , chocolates and a card then and made her take me out for Dos Equis Drafts and chicken wings at the Cantina .
    Do something Danke

Suns out and the snow last night was to the south . No snow until tomorrow morning . I went up to Franklin today . Cold but its nice when it is sunny .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I got Mrs O flowers , chocolates and a card then and made her take me out for Dos Equis Drafts and chicken wings at the Cantina .
    Very nice. Mr A rarely buys me flowers but one year he made me a chicken wing bouquet. He put hot wings (at the top) and celery (for the stem) on bamboo skewers and stood them up in a hurricane glass filled with bleu cheese, lol. Best bouquet I ever got.

High of 51 and rain today. In the extended forecast it looks like the sun will peek out on Monday afternoon but we won't see it again for a week - says rain and showers every day.

This has been a very rainy winter. I just hope it clears up before it gets warm outside. I was thinking about how happy I'm going to be when it gets warm and I can go swimming but then I remembered that I have a job 4 days a week and I won't get to lounge in the pool very much. I was thinking about cutting back to two or three days a week in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Very nice. Mr A rarely buys me flowers but one year he made me a chicken wing bouquet. He put hot wings (at the top) and celery (for the stem) on bamboo skewers and stood them up in a hurricane glass filled with bleu cheese, lol. Best bouquet I ever got.

High of 51 and rain today. In the extended forecast it looks like the sun will peek out on Monday afternoon but we won't see it again for a week - says rain and showers every day.

This has been a very rainy winter. I just hope it clears up before it gets warm outside. I was thinking about how happy I'm going to be when it gets warm and I can go swimming but then I remembered that I have a job 4 days a week and I won't get to lounge in the pool very much. I was thinking about cutting back to two or three days a week in the summer.
    Yes , cut back and enjoy your sunshine . Just sell more clothes to make up the diff.
    Do something Danke

I split some wood today , might be the last time or maybe once more if it turns cold first week of March. Fire is going nicely . This could be the last night below 30 until Mar 1 . Oyarde has once again conquered a wet , cold winter with no global warming .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-18-2019 at 11:27 PM.
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It poured down rain yesterday and it was cold.

About the time I was leaving work yesterday, my mom and stepdad called and wanted to take me out to dinner so I met up with them. It was nice. We went to my mom's favorite Chinese buffet. She's unintentionally hilarious at buffets. She can't see so she will pick something up with her fingers and then put it back if she doesn't think it feels good. The Asian man asked her not to do that and she swore her hands were clean, lol. Crazy ass.

More rain and cold today.

Raining again .
    Do something Danke

been shoveling all day, thanks Oyarde.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    been shoveling all day, thanks Oyarde.
    According to my Indian Weather Rock there is a cold front coming March 01 - 04 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    According to my Indian Weather Rock there is a cold front coming March 01 - 04 .
    That rock should be pounded into sand.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

100 percent chance of rain Sat , rained all day today . Other than that there is a small chance before Mar 01 it might dry up a little which would be nice .
    Do something Danke

Page 49 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast